[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [10] Resurrection Remix Q - Galaxy S5 LTE

DhiaXDA

Oct 8, 2019
After about two months of usage, I suddenly noticed that 'system data' became huge. Bigger than 5gb. Does anybody know why did it grow to that size and what can be done against it?

Now the moblie keeps warning me about insufficient storage place.
install SD maid and clean everything, you should gain some extra storage

guest4711

After about two months of usage, I suddenly noticed that 'system data' became huge. Bigger than 5gb. Does anybody know why did it grow to that size and what can be done against it?

Now the moblie keeps warning me about insufficient storage place.
Mostly an issue with caches or tempfiles. Simply restarting the phone fixed it for me...

bgatos

Apr 29, 2019
install SD maid and clean everything, you should gain some extra storage
Thanks! I tried the free version and it cleaned about 500MB and promised to clean another 2.5GB if I upgrade to the payed-version. Does it worth doing so? Will it really clean 2,5GB?

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Mostly an issue with caches or tempfiles. Simply restarting the phone fixed it for me...
Yes, thanks. Not only did I restrart the phone but I also went into recovery mode to delete cache and dalvik. I gained 2,5GB free space in this way, but there is still another 2,5GB system data which keeps growing. Isn't there a way to somehow trim or shrink system data with an automated method?

AloneDisaster

Oct 20, 2020
Bogor
I think is .odex file

Thanks! I tried the free version and it cleaned about 500MB and promised to clean another 2.5GB if I upgrade to the payed-version. Does it worth doing so? Will it really clean 2,5GB?

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Yes, thanks. Not only did I restrart the phone but I also went into recovery mode to delete cache and dalvik. I gained 2,5GB free space in this way, but there is still another 2,5GB system data which keeps growing. Isn't there a way to somehow trim or shrink system data with an automated method?

Just clean up your .odex with lucky patcher Toolbox>Remove All ODEX Files(data/app and /system/app)

androiddude7899

Dec 4, 2017
I did have a couple of issues but its OK so far
Sometimes it crashes system UI and camera not working

I can still use a s a daily driver as I don't use camera but the crashes are sometimes annoying but good so far

bgatos

Apr 29, 2019
Just clean up your .odex with lucky patcher Toolbox>Remove All ODEX Files(data/app and /system/app)
Thanks! I tried lucky patcher and sd maid pro after one another as I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday. And I regained again about 2gb free space. So good! Idk which app helped me the most but now I have ~5gb free space in internal memory. This should be enough for a while. :)

Anyway, is there no automated way to cut back/ trim odex, cache etc.. ? Just wondering..

Brhmnst26

Sep 15, 2020
Bogor
Thanks! I tried lucky patcher and sd maid pro after one another as I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday. And I regained again about 2gb free space. So good! Idk which app helped me the most but now I have ~5gb free space in internal memory. This should be enough for a while. :)

Anyway, is there no automated way to cut back/ trim odex, cache etc.. ? Just wondering..

for cache, many cleaning applications can do it automatically, for .odex so far I know and use, only Lucky Pacther can delete it and it's manual:eek:

craP_cillA

Jul 10, 2012
did anyone tested the latest (06.11.2020) experimental/unofficial build and can say how it runs?! :)

Sent from my Samsung SM-G900F using XDA Labs

craP_cillA

Jul 10, 2012
i also tried the latest version from 11.11.2020 but that also has the blackscreen bug.. -_- will this rom ever work again?! :/ i really hope so...

Sent from my Samsung SM-G900F using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Pas31

Nov 17, 2010
Hello,
I tried to flash this ROM (RROS-Q-8.5.9-20200901) on my old S5, and everything was good, except that I cannot give write acces to my Sdcard for any apps !!!
I installed Magisk module : "ExSDCard Acess Enabler", but it was the same, read is ok but write is impossible on the sdcard !
Does anyone has an advice ?