[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [10] Resurrection Remix Q 8.7.3 - Galaxy S5 LTE

Search This thread

MapisM

Nov 15, 2004
Fingerprint

I just flashed the RROS 20200901, plus GApps 20200927. Clean installation, wiping everything.
Nothing else, not even Magisk, since I feared some troubles with banking apps.
After flashing (which was smooth), I restored all my usual apps.
Nothing special, maybe worth mentioning just that I'm using Nova as a default launcher.
Everything I tried so far is working well and smoothly (great job folks! :good:), but with one exception: fingerprint.
When I access...
Settings->Security->Fingerprint, the "Unlock with fingerprint" page appears normally.
Then I press "next", and I get the "Touch the sensor" page, but if I swipe the finger on the home button nothing happens.
I mean, nothing at all, no matter how many times I try.
The device just remains stuck in the "Touch the sensor" page, till I give up.
In one case, after several attemps, eventually I pressed "skip" and the phone rebooted!?!

Now, I read some reports of difficulties with fingerprint, but I didn't find anyone mentioning that it doesn't even recognize the finger swipe at all.
So, I guess there must be something I'm missing, but what?
Any suggestion more than welcome, thanks in advance!

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
I just flashed the RROS 20200901, plus GApps 20200927. Clean installation, wiping everything.
Nothing else, not even Magisk, since I feared some troubles with banking apps.
After flashing (which was smooth), I restored all my usual apps.
Nothing special, maybe worth mentioning just that I'm using Nova as a default launcher.
Everything I tried so far is working well and smoothly (great job folks! :good:), but with one exception: fingerprint.
When I access...
Settings->Security->Fingerprint, the "Unlock with fingerprint" page appears normally.
Then I press "next", and I get the "Touch the sensor" page, but if I swipe the finger on the home button nothing happens.
I mean, nothing at all, no matter how many times I try.
The device just remains stuck in the "Touch the sensor" page, till I give up.
In one case, after several attemps, eventually I pressed "skip" and the phone rebooted!?!

Now, I read some reports of difficulties with fingerprint, but I didn't find anyone mentioning that it doesn't even recognize the finger swipe at all.
So, I guess there must be something I'm missing, but what?
Any suggestion more than welcome, thanks in advance!
Try redownloading and clean flashing again.
Btw, I gonna update this soon, so you can wait the latest version.

MapisM

Nov 15, 2004
Try redownloading and clean flashing again.
Btw, I gonna update this soon, so you can wait the latest version.
Will do, thanks a lot!

PS: am I understanding correctly that...
a) there is nothing special I should do to activate fingerprint after flashing, and
b) there shouldn't be any incompatibility with Nova launcher?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

bgatos

Apr 29, 2019
Will do, thanks a lot!

PS: am I understanding correctly that...
a) there is nothing special I should do to activate fingerprint after flashing, and
b) there shouldn't be any incompatibility with Nova launcher?

Thanks again!

I'm also using Nova launcher and the fingerprint phone unlocking always worked fine. Without any extra activation or whatsoever.

I had some issues with some root-sensitive banking apps but that's another story... :)

bgatos

Apr 29, 2019
I'm also using Nova launcher and the fingerprint phone unlocking always worked fine. Without any extra activation or whatsoever.

I had some issues with some root-sensitive banking apps but that's another story... :)

wow. great day today. :)
with the now available brand new magisk manager update all issues are solved with banking apps and fingerprints on this current version of the rom!

btw, if I remember right, when I first clean flashed this rom about a month ago, the screen flickering was non existent or so low I didn't even notice it. But in the last two weeks I have it again. Is there anything to do against screen flickering?

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
wow. great day today. :)
with the now available brand new magisk manager update all issues are solved with banking apps and fingerprints on this current version of the rom!

btw, if I remember right, when I first clean flashed this rom about a month ago, the screen flickering was non existent or so low I didn't even notice it. But in the last two weeks I have it again. Is there anything to do against screen flickering?
You should use custom kernels that have flicker free like intelli kernel or tuned kernel.

bgatos

Apr 29, 2019
You should use custom kernels that have flicker free like intelli kernel or tuned kernel.

Thanks for the great tip!!! I installed intelli v.15 kernel. It runs fine with current rom version, no bootloop, twrp says there is no need to reinstall magisk.
Okay, great! Reboot, the flickering is gone! I'm happy.

Then I opened a root sensitive banking app, and it detects root! What?? I check Rootbeer and busybox and su binary are red. I reboot phone, check Rootbeer once again, now all green, everything's fine. I reopen the banking app, root is still detected. Then I deleted the app, reinstalled it, hid in Magisk. I even reinstalled the brand new magisk manager which solved these issues today, but nothing helps so far. The app detects root. What needs to be done?

FiestaLake

Aug 13, 2020
Seoul
Thanks for the great tip!!! I installed intelli v.15 kernel. It runs fine with current rom version, no bootloop, twrp says there is no need to reinstall magisk.
Okay, great! Reboot, the flickering is gone! I'm happy.

Then I opened a root sensitive banking app, and it detects root! What?? I check Rootbeer and busybox and su binary are red. I reboot phone, check Rootbeer once again, now all green, everything's fine. I reopen the banking app, root is still detected. Then I deleted the app, reinstalled it, hid in Magisk. I even reinstalled the brand new magisk manager which solved these issues today, but nothing helps so far. The app detects root. What needs to be done?
Bcz intelli kernel uses older version of magiskinit.
If you can, try replacing magiskinit with latest version. (Probably other magisk files in kernel zip too)

bgatos

Apr 29, 2019
Bcz intelli kernel uses older version of magiskinit.
If you can, try replacing magiskinit with latest version. (Probably other magisk files in kernel zip too)

Ohh, there are too many magisk related files in the kernel zip. :) I guess, changing these files is waaay beyond my abilities. I'm afraid I'm going to cause something wrong by replacing those files.

bgatos

Apr 29, 2019

Very good experience with TUNED kernel latest (August) version + current 8.5.9 RR!!!! Thanks for the tip. After two days of usage : There is no screen flickering at all, Magisk hide works like a charm and even a local weather app started working which didn't want to work with stock kernel so far.

Maybe standby battery time could be a bit better, but honestly.. what can we expect from a phone with 2800mAh? :)

PS: I had 1 soft random reboot during these last 2 days on TUNED kernel. But the truth is I also experienced some soft random reboots earlier on stock kernel. I really don't know what causes these soft reboots. This could be Magisk related, or anything else. I have no idea. But there are only a few reboots, not too many. Pretty stable.

Last edited:

droidnoooob

Sep 3, 2012
I have a new issue to report (klte)

Happened ever since I installed new build
I enable LTE and it still has a little cross on the service bar but it shows LTE is enabled

But I can't use LTE until I reboot, this issue only happens sometimes reboot fixes bit I I have to keep rebooting everytime it happens , after reboot little cross disappears then LTE is enabled and it works

I can get logs if that will help or Screenshots ?

I'm not 100% if this is a bug maybe it's a low carrier speeds
But if it's constant I will come back to tellyou

For me this happens when i try to change the 'preferred network type' ie; from GSM to LTE or other...LTE does not connect until I restart the device. (Did a full wipe Clean install of Latest Sep build)

Rest its an AWESOME ROM!

bgatos

Apr 29, 2019
After about two months of usage, I suddenly noticed that 'system data' became huge. Bigger than 5gb. Does anybody know why did it grow to that size and what can be done against it?

Now the moblie keeps warning me about insufficient storage place.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

Build Compatibility
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.

Build​
    Model​
    klte
    SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8
    kltechn
    SM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    klteduos
    SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedv
    SM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekor
    SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Android Version: 10
    Supported Device(s): klte

Device changelog:
    Code:
    1. Fixed home button wake. (from RR sources)
    2. Added AOD.
    3. Other things that I don't remember exactly.

Changelog:
    Code:
    Settings → Resurrection tools → About/Changelog
    Yeah (always do)
    Factory reset, dalvik/art, system, data, cache and format data. All several times. Flashed ROM & gapps, rebooted.

Would you like me to grab a log?
    No. I will build a new one.
    Resurrection Remix Q | Unofficial

Android Version: 10
    Supported Device(s): klte

Device changelog:
    Code:
    1. Fixed some known bugs.

Changelog:
    Code:
    Settings → Resurrection tools → About/Changelog

Thread: XDA
    Resurrection Remix: Official Group

Downloads: OneDrive
    @FiestaLake
    Thanks for your great work!
    sm-g900i
    Formatted and advanced cleaned.
    TWRP v3.1.1.0 Installed ROM only.
    Calls, Mobile Data, WiFi, Texts, Camera/Video, Bluetooth - All working great.
    Sound levels are great.
    Have not tested GPS.
    Home button wakeup not working.

Excited to see where this goes :good: