[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][12.0][Dipper] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

vMonster321

Jan 22, 2022
No se como estan instalando la rom, lo hice de la siguiente manera, primero limpie DATA, CACHE, SYSTEM y VENDOR, reinicie el twrp que en mi caso usa ORANGE FOX y luego instale la ROM sin ningun tipo de problemas, esa fue la primera vez y cada vez que sale una actualización instalo normal porque no es necesario hacer una instalación limpia para actualizar, todo me funciona perfectamente
I know that probalby would work if I wipe data partition but I was hoping that it would work on dirty flash

GiaSen

Hola y buenos dias, no se por que dices que no funciona el NFC, a mi me funciona perfectamente, probe varias ROMs y ninguna funciono, donde la unica que funciona es aqui, ademas esta rom es la que mejor rendimiento me da en cuanto a bateria y fluidez, para mi es la mejor ROM para dispositivos Mi 8
Please keep the conversation in english on this thread, or at least add a translation so everyone can understand, thanks

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
Hello and good morning, I do not know why you say that does not work the NFC, to me it works perfectly, I tried several ROMs and none worked, where the only one that works is here, plus this rom is the best performance gives me in terms of battery and fluidity, for me it is the best ROM for Mi 8 devices.

I loved the new option to make a screenshot by double tapping the back of the device, is very comfortable
Hola y buenos dias, no se por que dices que no funciona el NFC, a mi me funciona perfectamente, probe varias ROMs y ninguna funciono, donde la unica que funciona es aqui, ademas esta rom es la que mejor rendimiento me da en cuanto a bateria y fluidez, para mi es la mejor ROM para dispositivos Mi 8

Me ha encantado la nueva opción de hacer una captura de pantalla tocando dos veces la parte trasera del dispositivo, es muy cómoda
@Danystationcuba

This is just a friendly reminder as I see above that you already noted that English is the mandatory language and as courtesy, I've translated your above post. With reference to rule no. 4 of the XDA Forum Rules, please post in English or add at least an English translation to your Portuguese posts.
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thanks for your cooperation!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

lorcopotia

Mar 10, 2011
Barcelona
I have this ROM for almost a week now and I'm very impressed! Everything is good, very smooth. To use mobile internet I had to add my operator's APN manually, idk why and I had to flash PE recovery this morning though. After latest update it got stuck on boot. I was using TWRP...

Way to GOOO!

Reactions: Danystationcuba
Jan 21, 2022
The update has just arrived with the fix for the OTA installation error, on top of which the ROM is the best, they also listen to the suggestions of the users, so if it's nice to install a ROM, my congratulations

Reactions: GiaSen

CMBoii

Nov 20, 2019
Where can I find the last version of PE recovery? I haven't been able to get into Orangefox after installing the build from 24/12

HAPADI

Jan 23, 2022
Is it possible to back up and restore data, apps and settings on the PC (e.B. with adb commands)?
Where can I find information on this?

Thank you!​

arccadiuss92

Jul 3, 2016
@GiaSen Hi Boss :) when we can expect release of PE+? I know you wrote about 3 week's ago, that pe+ release should be in this month, is it still actual?
Btw.
You doing great job!

fifthelement

Jun 12, 2006
Hey guys,
I would like to know your opinion about android 12 generally. I have read some comments on pixel phone forums that users are not happy with android 12 and want to switch back to android 11.
Do you think is it worth to upgrade to android 12 ? or stick with android 11 ?

HAPADI

Jan 23, 2022

Where can I find the last version of PE recovery?​

This img from the January update I flashed instead of TWRP, after TWRP is also frozen on my Mi8:
2022-01-21
1642944354140.png

BBut there is a newer update (2022-01-22). I don't know if the img is the same there.

kiesldusl

Jan 23, 2022
Due to the not working update from settings i now have a zip inside my data partition, which i cannot delete, because i have no root. the zip is not listed in the update section in settings, but blocks my storage.
any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This device is really is awesome. After 4 years still have a nice software development. LOS team and PE really deserve support from us guys.
    • I confirm the earpiece mic echo bug in calls is still there on latest build.
    • Encryption is enabled by default at boot. It would be better to enable it on Security settings aftwewards for those who want it. Filesystem speed is faster without encryption.
    • Stereo mic recording works.
    • However, regular mp3 playback is decoded and upsampled to 48 KHz by software mixer, hardware audio offloading acceleration is disabled and low-energy off-screen mode playback aswell. Also, Direct mode in Hi-Res audio players like Neutron or PowerAmp won't work.
    • Wide Gamut display (Display P3 D65) is not supported, while stock MIUI does for a long time:
      Screenshot_20220416-213016_Display_Tester[1].png
    I really like PE12, but call bug and disinterest in audio hardware portability by PE builder and kernel developer makes me postpone again. I have tried contacting them and encouraged to find a solution but they don't respond anymore.
    The transfer has expired. Can someone reupload? Ty.
    In my case, in western Europe, I usually could see both Galileo and Beidou satellites with no problem. Let's hope it's a bug and that it will be fixed in a future update. :)

Another thing that I noticed is that SMS messages seem to take to long to be sent. Depending on the size of the message, it can take more than 2 minutes for it to be delivered.
    This only happens when the phone is connected to a 4G network. If I change the network to 2G or 3G, the messages are sent almost immediately.

Anyone else has the same problem?

Thanks in advance, and also to everyone who answered to my previous question!
    For me sms sending is normal, but recieving take a lot of times, sometime otp get expired because it's taking too long to receive
    Some last question, what about security patch. Is it always updated to the latest one?
    Miui custom rom only get dec 2020 security patch. I guess, at this point aosp is the only way to get the latest security update.
    as long @GiaSen want to maintain dipper, we will get the latest security patch every month

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 8 [dipper]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

April update up
    Changelog
    **Device Specific Changes:**
    - Etude kernel: Op.11 No.4
    * Linux 4.9.267
    * some upstream fixes of cpufreq_stats
    * fixed an issue where the frequency of big CPU cores is locked to a maximum of 1286MHz; the frequency of the big cluster is supposed to be restricted under 1286MHz if you battery is at or below 10%, as part of Qualcomm's thermal mitigation, but on previous versions, the frequency restriction was not removed after the phone is charged above 10%
    * default to suspend to RAM instead of s2idle (suspend to idle) for around a 25% reduction of idle battery drain
    * DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    - Adjusted thermal configs to delay CPU frequency drop and smoothen the thermal throttling curve
    - Implemented dynamic thermal profile to work with Pixel thermal engine
    * the option is accessible under Settings/Battery/Optimization profiles (in case you are wondering, they had no effect on PE11 before this change)
    * thermal configs are dynamically loaded on a per-app basis
    * only the gaming profile is available besides the default profile, because other use cases are covered well enough by the default profile
    * the gaming profile maintains CPU frequency at even higher temperature compared the default profile
    * surface temperatures are measured by an infrared thermometer with matching emissivity to ensure they stay below the allowed maximum values of continuously held electronic devices in IEC 60950-1 (2005) standard
    * thermal profile is NOT a replacement for proper cooling. If you want better performance, you should cool your device. - Eliminated all SELinux neverallows and cleaned up unneeded or broken sepolicy
    * the latest Riru installation should work now. Note that if you use any mods like this, you will not receive support from me
    - Updated telephony blobs from pyxis 21.3.31 to fix random qtibus crashes in the background
    - Went back to Secure Element 1.0 to work with the updated blobs
    - Stopped enforcing s2idle from userspace init script so the kernel can suspend to RAM for better idle battery drain
    - Cleaned some unused config overlays
    **ROM update highlights:**
    - April security update
    - Fixed the issue of weather information not showing up in "At a glance" on the home screen of Pixel Launcher
    - Improved Face Unlock. The issue of front camera being occupied should happen less frequently. Let me know if you still encounter it - Devices will only use dark boot animation from now on
    - Translation updates
    New build is up, check OP for Download
    Changelog:
    - NFC Payments should be fixed
    - General improvements
    - DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    Congrats on the new maintainership
    Hi,
    I've also got a problem with the sound during phone calls (like someone above already mentioned), regarding the latest PE 12 release for Xiaomi mi8 dipper.

If I'm on call and put the phone to my ear, I hear some echo with almost no delay of what I say in the speaker. It feels like I say "S" and someone aplifies this and "SZ" comes into my ear. At the beginning, I hardly noticed it, but sometimes in the middle of the call the feedback howl randomly gets very bad so my ear hurts after the "squuueeeek pffff". After that, it takes 2-3 seconds and the audio is just "szzzzz" with little feedback and I can talk normally. I've experienced the loud howl 4 times now, so I suspect a bug (driver , audio mixel level?) since the latest release.

I'd appreciate if you could have a look at it.
    Thank you
    yup I confirm the issue is present on my device as well, will start investigate asap
    thanks everyone for reporting :)