[ROM][OFFICIAL][A12][A13][A14][Dipper] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

freeman94

Jul 2, 2011
Tarnów
i also have installed the PE 12 beta, but there is problem, after I flash it I can't get access to any recovery, no TWRP, orangefox, it freezes on the TWRP screen / Orangefox screen and nothing happening.
Try flashing multiply times twrp and nothing.
I think I am screwed as if the rom break somehow I am not able to restore or do anything.

itagizade

Aug 3, 2021
Azerbaijan, Baku
Xiaomi Mi 8
i also have installed the PE 12 beta, but there is problem, after I flash it I can't get access to any recovery, no TWRP, orangefox, it freezes on the TWRP screen / Orangefox screen and nothing happening.
I think I am screwed as if the rom break somehow I am not able to restore or do anything.
You still can flash Stock using MiFlash, or XiaoMiTool V2. It should fix the problem.

itagizade

Aug 3, 2021
Azerbaijan, Baku
Xiaomi Mi 8
Well,
This behavior is predicted, although he is Polaris dev, the kernel used in our ROM is from polaris.

freeman94

Jul 2, 2011
Tarnów
Well,
This behavior is predicted, although he is Polaris dev, the kernel used in our ROM is from polaris.

Ok thanks for anwser

"Keymaster is bumped to 4.0 for encryption, and cust partition is mounted as /metadata. You WILL NOT be able to boot TWRP/OrangeFox on PE12. "

So basicly i screw it myself as i read recomended PE recovey but ignored it and use twrp as its love :)

Now i will try flash PE recovey and see if it works and no freeze, and if work use it to updated future android 12 Pixel builds and then hopefilly new twrp will be release and will be fine

am i uderstend it correct or the PE recovey also will freeze and I am out of luck?

EDIT: So Yeah, i flash the PE Recovery provided in beta 12 build and seems to boot to it very fast and no freezes inside so, to everyone that want to test PE 12 Beta just install it via PE Recovery, don't be like me

Last edited:

itagizade

Aug 3, 2021
Azerbaijan, Baku
Xiaomi Mi 8
Ok thanks for anwser

"Keymaster is bumped to 4.0 for encryption, and cust partition is mounted as /metadata. You WILL NOT be able to boot TWRP/OrangeFox on PE12. "

So basicly i screw it myself as i read recomended PE recovey but ignored it and use twrp as its love :)

Now i will try flash PE recovey and see if it works and no freeze, and if work use it to updated future android 12 Pixel builds and then hopefilly new twrp will be release and will be fine

am i uderstend it correct or the PE recovey also will freeze and I am out of luck?

EDIT: So Yeah, i flash the PE Recovery provided in beta 12 build and seems to boot to it very fast and no freezes inside so, to everyone that want to test PE 12 Beta just install it via PE Recovery, don't be like me
So, iiuc it is modified TWRP, am I right?

freeman94

Jul 2, 2011
Tarnów
So, iiuc it is modified TWRP, am I right?
No, its just recovery designed to flash Pixel experiance software hassle free
TWRP is way better have lots of options and besicly its way to go with recovery

But for now, if u want test beta android 12 you need to use it, or you can just wait for new twrp that will be designed to support it, but dont know how long its gonna także.

cl.ement05

Jun 26, 2020
Testing PE 12 Beta. I should acknowledge that it works quite good. Not much bugs were discovered, this is the second day I use it. Sound, Mic, Rotation, GPS. Most apps work without problem(didn't tested games). LED, Camera, fast change, Mobile Data, Calls work. Didn't test VoLTE, because it is not by my carrier. System itself works flawless by now. Gonna test it further.
One thing that bugs me is that there is no Android Update section. Is it because ROM is in Beta stage?
What about Bluetooth ? Is it working correctly ?

mattcri

Mar 2, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 8
assuming the hdr bug is still here, it is possible to reapply the color profile without rebooting like in lineage os?
battery life is decent?

Manelit

Apr 14, 2012
Porto
bluetooth problem was mine..everything is working fine! i use it as my daily and have nothing to point out

cl.ement05

Jun 26, 2020
Does someone here tried A12 beta with Magisk installed ? Does it work with V23.0 or did you install the canary update that brings A12 support up but removes MagiskHide ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @GiaSen Hi, have you also stopped development? Or can we expect further updates?
    development is stoppoed until a good rom accepts me as maintainer of dipper, I will try LineageOS
    @GiaSen
    I used the ROM on A12 for some time, decided to update to A14 but get an error: "assert failed: update_dynamic_partions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partions_op_list")).

I am currently on the PixelExperienceRecovery provided with the A12 version. Somehow it seems to have broken my device and I can't install another recovery via fastboot. I either get FAILED (Write to device failed (Invalid argument)) or nothing happens for hours. Do I need need to update the recovery to install A14 or A13 ? Or do you have an idea what the problem could be ?

There is no problem sideloading the A12 ROM again.
    It's better apply the new recovery before start the sideload since the old one no have support for dynamic super partitions...
    Hi everyone, I've been using the latest PE14 ROM for a week now, and it's my first time trying custom ROMs. I want to express my gratitude to the developers for their hard work. I'm really excited about this new experience as the stock ROM doesn't compare to PE. Although there are some bugs that need fixing in future updates, such as the lack of call recording, which can be resolved with rooting.
    I've also saw the bad news for PE. First I would thank you all the works. It was beatiful feeling to use a phone from 2018 as a new one...
    My question is as we have android 14 builds how much effort to keep it alive? I mean I only intrested in security patches. So If I can use my phone with android 14 for another 2 years it's totaly fine. Up to date SecPatches is important to use main features like google wallet/contactles payment. I'm totaly unintrested in the Android new major version features like: partial screen sharing, new emojis, etc... :)
    Does anybody know whether the LineageOS also behaves as a pixelphone? More precisely does it have the unlimited upload in Google Photos? In my opinion this was one of "killer features" of PE.
    Payment actually works fine. (y)
    Another observation is now the google service doesn't recognize the phone as a full valid pixelphone as before.
    Google photos application doesn't say it's a pixel phone.
    And the phone (call) application shows a floating message after first start
    "This device is not supported and phone calls may not work correctly."
    However the calls works fine.
    Is there way to fix this?
    Thanks again 🤟

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 8 [dipper]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 14 (12 and 13 also available)

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

April update up
    Changelog
    **Device Specific Changes:**
    - Etude kernel: Op.11 No.4
    * Linux 4.9.267
    * some upstream fixes of cpufreq_stats
    * fixed an issue where the frequency of big CPU cores is locked to a maximum of 1286MHz; the frequency of the big cluster is supposed to be restricted under 1286MHz if you battery is at or below 10%, as part of Qualcomm's thermal mitigation, but on previous versions, the frequency restriction was not removed after the phone is charged above 10%
    * default to suspend to RAM instead of s2idle (suspend to idle) for around a 25% reduction of idle battery drain
    * DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    - Adjusted thermal configs to delay CPU frequency drop and smoothen the thermal throttling curve
    - Implemented dynamic thermal profile to work with Pixel thermal engine
    * the option is accessible under Settings/Battery/Optimization profiles (in case you are wondering, they had no effect on PE11 before this change)
    * thermal configs are dynamically loaded on a per-app basis
    * only the gaming profile is available besides the default profile, because other use cases are covered well enough by the default profile
    * the gaming profile maintains CPU frequency at even higher temperature compared the default profile
    * surface temperatures are measured by an infrared thermometer with matching emissivity to ensure they stay below the allowed maximum values of continuously held electronic devices in IEC 60950-1 (2005) standard
    * thermal profile is NOT a replacement for proper cooling. If you want better performance, you should cool your device. - Eliminated all SELinux neverallows and cleaned up unneeded or broken sepolicy
    * the latest Riru installation should work now. Note that if you use any mods like this, you will not receive support from me
    - Updated telephony blobs from pyxis 21.3.31 to fix random qtibus crashes in the background
    - Went back to Secure Element 1.0 to work with the updated blobs
    - Stopped enforcing s2idle from userspace init script so the kernel can suspend to RAM for better idle battery drain
    - Cleaned some unused config overlays
    **ROM update highlights:**
    - April security update
    - Fixed the issue of weather information not showing up in "At a glance" on the home screen of Pixel Launcher
    - Improved Face Unlock. The issue of front camera being occupied should happen less frequently. Let me know if you still encounter it - Devices will only use dark boot animation from now on
    - Translation updates
    New build is up, check OP for Download
    Changelog:
    - NFC Payments should be fixed
    - General improvements
    - DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    To everyone experiencing lag and stutter in pixel launcher ui you can set set the battery usage to restricted and most of the lags will be gone
    issue will be fixed on upcoming build, sorry for that
    Congrats on the new maintainership