Dec 7, 2021
Two SIM cards
Screenshot_20211205-094016.png

Photo widget
Screenshot_20211207-193227~2.png

CarlosGilberto

Dec 6, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 8
I am running A11 October build and I am experiencing the same battery drainage issue
Yeah i dont know about A11, i did not try Pixel experience with A11 cause i did not thought that it was worth going from miui 12 to pixel experience with android 11 even more when i need call recording and on pixel i would need to root and magisk hide and all that stuff cause of baking apps.

But on android 12, we have some big and nice changes, so i thought it was worth to give it a try and it seems a really good rom, really fast and fluid but the battery drainage is a big thing.

szabonight

Dec 12, 2018
After I ran a system update - I noticed Magisk stopped allowing/giving Root.
So I downloaded the latest Pixel Exp and extracted Boot.img then put that on my phone then ran Magisk and patched it via Magisk. I then Boot into Recovery and installed the now patched file to Boot. The Ran Magsik and it installed root. Everything's now working.
Just sharing my exp...

Reactions: Speedo1320

cl.ement05

Jun 26, 2020
After I ran a system update - I noticed Magisk stopped allowing/giving Root.
So I downloaded the latest Pixel Exp and extracted Boot.img then put that on my phone then ran Magisk and patched it via Magisk. I then Boot into Recovery and installed the now patched file to Boot. The Ran Magsik and it installed root. Everything's now working.
Just sharing my exp...
PE11 or 12 ?

zavorrax

Feb 19, 2012
Hi, all
Just installed PE11. I love It, but I have issues with Google Photos.
It seems It Is not able to find new pictures, and It crashes when i try ti open the picture I Just taken with gcam

May it have something tondo with the ****ty "scoped storage" stuff? I can't find a way ti set Google photo as the system gallery...

kubula420

Oct 29, 2021
On the original miui, the phone loses coverage or the internet does not work, I have installed this room and the coverage is ok, but the phone is restarting, can I do something about it? HELP HELP

kubula420

Oct 29, 2021
2 months ago I had the screen in my mi 8 replaced with a non-original TFT so that the screen sticks out and maybe the antennas broke down, etc. The problem appeared only a week ago and is getting bigger

speedgeil

Mar 8, 2017
Clean install with format data, system, dalvic, cache. Magisk and ROM flashed via orange fox. No issues, no exaggerated battery drain.
Seems all to work fine after 24h.

Thanks for lifting my old smartphone over to Android 12!

zavorrax

Feb 19, 2012
Hi, all
Just installed PE11. I love It, but I have issues with Google Photos.
It seems It Is not able to find new pictures, and It crashes when i try ti open the picture I Just taken with gcam

May it have something tondo with the ****ty "scoped storage" stuff? I can't find a way ti set Google photo as the system gallery...
for the records, I have solved the issue following the instructions in this page: https://www.xda-developers.com/android-11-google-photos-trash-fix/

long story short, to give google photo the role of system gallery I have issued this adb command:

adb shell cmd role add-role-holder android.app.role.SYSTEM_GALLERY com.google.android.apps.photos

And after a reboot (you know... when in doubt reboot...) pictures started showing up in photos.

Z

Reactions: GiaSen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    14 beta is coming
    Today, there is a beta announcement on the page.
    A14 version is out
    great to know it works fine, have you already tried contactless payments?
    I will check that QR Code Scanner
    Anyway thanks again for donation
    Actually good question :)
    I haven't tried it , just added to Wallet (which is blocked previously)
    Today Im gona test it and report
    Also I was able to add my very strict company work profile, and that also working
    Payment actually works fine. (y)
    Another observation is now the google service doesn't recognize the phone as a full valid pixelphone as before.
    Google photos application doesn't say it's a pixel phone.
    And the phone (call) application shows a floating message after first start
    "This device is not supported and phone calls may not work correctly."
    However the calls works fine.
    Is there way to fix this?
    Thanks again 🤟

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 8 [dipper]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 14 (12 and 13 also available)

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

April update up
    Changelog
    **Device Specific Changes:**
    - Etude kernel: Op.11 No.4
    * Linux 4.9.267
    * some upstream fixes of cpufreq_stats
    * fixed an issue where the frequency of big CPU cores is locked to a maximum of 1286MHz; the frequency of the big cluster is supposed to be restricted under 1286MHz if you battery is at or below 10%, as part of Qualcomm's thermal mitigation, but on previous versions, the frequency restriction was not removed after the phone is charged above 10%
    * default to suspend to RAM instead of s2idle (suspend to idle) for around a 25% reduction of idle battery drain
    * DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    - Adjusted thermal configs to delay CPU frequency drop and smoothen the thermal throttling curve
    - Implemented dynamic thermal profile to work with Pixel thermal engine
    * the option is accessible under Settings/Battery/Optimization profiles (in case you are wondering, they had no effect on PE11 before this change)
    * thermal configs are dynamically loaded on a per-app basis
    * only the gaming profile is available besides the default profile, because other use cases are covered well enough by the default profile
    * the gaming profile maintains CPU frequency at even higher temperature compared the default profile
    * surface temperatures are measured by an infrared thermometer with matching emissivity to ensure they stay below the allowed maximum values of continuously held electronic devices in IEC 60950-1 (2005) standard
    * thermal profile is NOT a replacement for proper cooling. If you want better performance, you should cool your device. - Eliminated all SELinux neverallows and cleaned up unneeded or broken sepolicy
    * the latest Riru installation should work now. Note that if you use any mods like this, you will not receive support from me
    - Updated telephony blobs from pyxis 21.3.31 to fix random qtibus crashes in the background
    - Went back to Secure Element 1.0 to work with the updated blobs
    - Stopped enforcing s2idle from userspace init script so the kernel can suspend to RAM for better idle battery drain
    - Cleaned some unused config overlays
    **ROM update highlights:**
    - April security update
    - Fixed the issue of weather information not showing up in "At a glance" on the home screen of Pixel Launcher
    - Improved Face Unlock. The issue of front camera being occupied should happen less frequently. Let me know if you still encounter it - Devices will only use dark boot animation from now on
    - Translation updates
    New build is up, check OP for Download
    Changelog:
    - NFC Payments should be fixed
    - General improvements
    - DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    To everyone experiencing lag and stutter in pixel launcher ui you can set set the battery usage to restricted and most of the lags will be gone
    issue will be fixed on upcoming build, sorry for that
    Congrats on the new maintainership