[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][12.1][13.0][Dipper] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

LokoMaroko

Dec 25, 2014
Ok. I installed Pixel Experience Plus 12... Can i change recovery to TWRP or Orange Fox? There is working custom recovery with android 12 for dipper? I miss features like flashing zip files from internal storage lol. All i am doing i need to sideload from pc and its frustrating.
PS. No Gravity Kernel is working with Pixel Experience Plus 12. Also magisk is installed and working perfectly

najabi

Jan 14, 2018
Bilbao
Ok. I installed Pixel Experience Plus 12... Can i change recovery to TWRP or Orange Fox? There is working custom recovery with android 12 for dipper? I miss features like flashing zip files from internal storage lol. All i am doing i need to sideload from pc and its frustrating.
PS. No Gravity Kernel is working with Pixel Experience Plus 12. Also magisk is installed and working perfectly
You cant boot latest 3.6.2_9-0 TWRP with PE12, it doesn't boot, because it is encrypted by default.

You can try editing /system/etc/fstab when clean flashing PE12, remove the encryption parameter, flash TWRP, format data f2fs (a factory reset) and restart PE. I'll report if I do.

Last edited:
Reactions: sixbalak

casimirovsky

Jun 12, 2014
You cant boot latest 3.6.2_9-0 TWRP with PE12, it doesn't boot, because it is encrypted by default.

You can try editing /system/etc/fstab when clean flashing PE12, remove the encryption parameter, flash TWRP, format data f2fs (a factory reset) and restart PE. I'll report if I do.
My method to install PE12 with orangefox recovery is to flash the latest version of orangefox via fastboot. Then you can enter recovery and flash PE12. Note that you will loose encryption of your phone and you will need to format data (the one you have to write YES to confirm) before you install the PE12 rom. You will, of course, loose all your phone data so make a backup of all important files before doing it.

najabi

Jan 14, 2018
Bilbao
My method to install PE12 with orangefox recovery is to flash the latest version of orangefox via fastboot. Then you can enter recovery and flash PE12. Note that you will loose encryption of your phone and you will need to format data (the one you have to write YES to confirm) before you install the PE12 rom. You will, of course, loose all your phone data so make a backup of all important files before doing it.
In this case, when you install PE zip on Orangefox, it will install its default fstab with fileencryption=ice parameter, and when booting PE it will encrypt. If I'm not mistaken, if you don't want encryption you have to edit fstab and set encryptable=ice before first boot, or flash dm-verity before first boot.

I prefer to disable encryption and enable F2FS at the same time for best performance. Encryption always lags and since we use fingerprint security, if I lose my phone I change all passwords and I personally don't care about my files being read by anyone.

Last, for the moment I would use TWRP over Orangefox, since last TWRP version is more recent and official.

Last edited:

casimirovsky

Jun 12, 2014
In
In this case, when you install PE zip on Orangefox, it will install its default fstab with fileencryption=ice parameter, and when booting PE it will encrypt. If I'm not mistaken, if you don't want encryption you have to edit fstab and set encryptable=ice before first boot, or flash dm-verity before first boot.

I prefer to disable encryption and enable F2FS at the same time for best performance. Encryption always lags and since we use fingerprint security, if I lose my phone I change all passwords and I personally don't care about my files being read by anyone.

Last, for the moment I would use TWRP over Orangefox, since last TWRP version is more recent and official.
In my case, when installing PE12 via orangefox, in the end of the flash process, there's a message saying "removing encryption" or something similar, and my phone remains unencrypted.

Edit: just checked and in my orangefox recovery settings, on the OTA & ROM section, there's an option to patch rom and disable encryption. I have that option enabled.

Last edited:
Reactions: najabi

HAPADI

Jan 23, 2022
I don't want to be a spoilsport, but NFC in conjunction with the "ID app" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.governikus.ausweisapp2&hl=de still doesn't work.
Very unfortunate, otherwise the ROM would be top for me. And why is it called "everything works" with NFC? The problem has been known forever, isn't it?
Screenshot_20220813-105111_Pixel Launcher.png

bboytaione

Oct 5, 2009
@GiaSen the security patch for the August build shows July 05 2022. Could it be incorrect or did the latest security update not get merged in the newest August build?

scresan1

Jan 15, 2011
PixelExperience_Plus_dipper-12.1-20220817-1447-OFFICIAL.zip
I can't install this latest version it gives me an error:
invalid sparse file format at header magic.....:cry::cry::cry:

_andreas_

Jul 29, 2008
Hi,
I have a problem with this ROM.

It is not possible, to setup Fingerprint - or Face unlock.
I want to use my MI8 with this ROM fore one of my children. Oh this Google account is family link activated and mandatories.
When I open the dialogue to set up Fingerprint, the dialogue to enter the credential of the parents appears. After the parental login, there is the request for the PIN.
After confirming, there is only a black screen, and the setup of Fingerprint is not possible

We are using PixelExperience_Plus_dipper-12.1-20220817-1447-OFFICIAL.zip

Is there a possibility to setup fingerprint until this problem was fixed?

_andreas_

Jul 29, 2008
PixelExperience_Plus_dipper-12.1-20220817-1447-OFFICIAL.zip
I can't install this latest version it gives me an error:
invalid sparse file format at header magic.....:cry::cry::cry:
My first try to install this ROM also failed (with another error message). After that, I flashed the Pixel Experience Recovery and installed the ROM like described at the Pixel Experience Homepage and it works.

xandreasx

Mar 6, 2011
www.asvideofficial.com
ROM Feedback (PE12.1 Plus 20220817): Amazing job by GianSen! It's awesome that our very old smartphone is getting all these updates! Everything works great. The only bug that remains is the point/ball over the signal in the upper right corner.

Android 12: I hate it. Really for me is awful. While Android 11 was beautiful, i was very happy with that OS. Sometimes i think to go back to the last release of PE11Plus just to have Android 11 look/graphics. But i don't want an old OS either so i stick with Android 12 🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @GiaSen will you build new PE Roms, based on Android 13?, or is MI8 EOL after Android 12
    I notice that Poco F1, is starting to get A13 builds, and its based on the same specs, and basicly same device
    Would be sickly good if we get A13 as well. Mi 8 is great device.
    Big love from Poland
    New build today.
    Android 13 BETA has been added
    Do you have a logs of today’s 08/29 update?What’s new?
    **Device Specific Changes:**
    - Etude kernel: Op.12 No.4
    * Linux 4.9.326
    * updated the exFAT driver
    * DO NOT use another kernel. Just don't.
    **ROM Update Highlights:**
    - Merged fixes that may help address the issue of Google Pixel's SystemUpdate draining battery and building up heat in the background.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 8 [dipper]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13 (12 also available)

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

April update up
    Changelog
    **Device Specific Changes:**
    - Etude kernel: Op.11 No.4
    * Linux 4.9.267
    * some upstream fixes of cpufreq_stats
    * fixed an issue where the frequency of big CPU cores is locked to a maximum of 1286MHz; the frequency of the big cluster is supposed to be restricted under 1286MHz if you battery is at or below 10%, as part of Qualcomm's thermal mitigation, but on previous versions, the frequency restriction was not removed after the phone is charged above 10%
    * default to suspend to RAM instead of s2idle (suspend to idle) for around a 25% reduction of idle battery drain
    * DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    - Adjusted thermal configs to delay CPU frequency drop and smoothen the thermal throttling curve
    - Implemented dynamic thermal profile to work with Pixel thermal engine
    * the option is accessible under Settings/Battery/Optimization profiles (in case you are wondering, they had no effect on PE11 before this change)
    * thermal configs are dynamically loaded on a per-app basis
    * only the gaming profile is available besides the default profile, because other use cases are covered well enough by the default profile
    * the gaming profile maintains CPU frequency at even higher temperature compared the default profile
    * surface temperatures are measured by an infrared thermometer with matching emissivity to ensure they stay below the allowed maximum values of continuously held electronic devices in IEC 60950-1 (2005) standard
    * thermal profile is NOT a replacement for proper cooling. If you want better performance, you should cool your device. - Eliminated all SELinux neverallows and cleaned up unneeded or broken sepolicy
    * the latest Riru installation should work now. Note that if you use any mods like this, you will not receive support from me
    - Updated telephony blobs from pyxis 21.3.31 to fix random qtibus crashes in the background
    - Went back to Secure Element 1.0 to work with the updated blobs
    - Stopped enforcing s2idle from userspace init script so the kernel can suspend to RAM for better idle battery drain
    - Cleaned some unused config overlays
    **ROM update highlights:**
    - April security update
    - Fixed the issue of weather information not showing up in "At a glance" on the home screen of Pixel Launcher
    - Improved Face Unlock. The issue of front camera being occupied should happen less frequently. Let me know if you still encounter it - Devices will only use dark boot animation from now on
    - Translation updates
    New build is up, check OP for Download
    Changelog:
    - NFC Payments should be fixed
    - General improvements
    - DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    Congrats on the new maintainership
    Hi,
    I've also got a problem with the sound during phone calls (like someone above already mentioned), regarding the latest PE 12 release for Xiaomi mi8 dipper.

If I'm on call and put the phone to my ear, I hear some echo with almost no delay of what I say in the speaker. It feels like I say "S" and someone aplifies this and "SZ" comes into my ear. At the beginning, I hardly noticed it, but sometimes in the middle of the call the feedback howl randomly gets very bad so my ear hurts after the "squuueeeek pffff". After that, it takes 2-3 seconds and the audio is just "szzzzz" with little feedback and I can talk normally. I've experienced the loud howl 4 times now, so I suspect a bug (driver , audio mixel level?) since the latest release.

I'd appreciate if you could have a look at it.
    Thank you
    yup I confirm the issue is present on my device as well, will start investigate asap
    thanks everyone for reporting :)