[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][12.1][13.0][Dipper] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

foufos

Oct 6, 2022
But, have you installed the PixelExperience Recovery? You don't have to use the TWRP
I'm not a "noob"...I installed pixel experience beta with the correct recovery and i wanted to go back on older android version so i installed back the TWRP recovery and wanted to install again an android 12 rom or the global but always stucks on logo screen (every rom i tried) after reboot!

ntouris3

Aug 11, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 8
Redmi Note 10
I'm not a "noob"...I installed pixel experience beta with the correct recovery and i wanted to go back on older android version so i installed back the TWRP recovery and wanted to install again an android 12 rom or the global but always stucks on logo screen (every rom i tried) after reboot!
My tip to you would be to make sure you are flashing the fastboot rom (not recovery) and that you have MiFlash set to "clean all" or "clean all and lock". It sounds like a partition format gone bad issue to me.

As long as you get a working MIUI you should be able to flash A12 roms as normal.

foufos

Oct 6, 2022
My tip to you would be to make sure you are flashing the fastboot rom (not recovery) and that you have MiFlash set to "clean all" or "clean all and lock". It sounds like a partition format gone bad issue to me.

As long as you get a working MIUI you should be able to flash A12 roms as normal.
Well, that sounds as a "fair" answer and i might use MiFlash again but i didn't want to...since the unlock years ago i used recovery to install any rom! Weird thing is that installing back on Pixel beta is working flawlessly!

ntouris3

Aug 11, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 8
Redmi Note 10
Well, that sounds as a "fair" answer and i might use MiFlash again but i didn't want to...since the unlock years ago i used recovery to install any rom! Weird thing is that installing back on Pixel beta is working flawlessly!
So you didn't try this at all? It would be my first thought, go ahead!
Try this one, use a china fastboot ROM, then use a global one, and report.
I know it's a hassle, but I think something has been left out.
Same thoughts.

foufos

Oct 6, 2022
So you didn't try this at all? It would be my first thought, go ahead!

Same thoughts.
Pfff... too much trouble! I think i'm gonna stick on pixel beta at the end! It is weird because that didn't happened with pixel experience 12! Since the beta android 13 update everything were ****ed on those partitions...

antifocus

Jul 5, 2010
Been using the latest A13 build since the release, everything is super smooth and the battery life is great, huge thank you to OP. I also found out that the data and cache partition is now f2fs instead of ext4 on A12 builds.

hoobecky

Oct 7, 2022
Pfff... too much trouble! I think i'm gonna stick on pixel beta at the end! It is weird because that didn't happened with pixel experience 12! Since the beta android 13 update everything were ****ed on those partitions...
Flash pe 12 recovery than format system data cache then flash twrp or orange fox as usual..thank me later

hacking67

Dec 9, 2013
İstanbul
I installed "PixelExperience_dipper-13.0-BETA-20220920-2210-OFFICIAL.zip" with clean way. I did not get any unordinary error. As a Google Camera installed BSG's MGC_8.6.263_A11_V5 app and it worked without problem exept slow motion did not work same as PE Plus 12.1. I can not found face unlock, possibly main reason is the first release of A13. I hope in future releases add this unlock option.

hoobecky

Oct 7, 2022
Use pe 12 recovery format system than flash twrp or orangefox as usual

foufos

Oct 6, 2022
Use pe 12 recovery format system than flash twrp or orangefox as usual
Well, i already used the PE recovery and format everything (date, cavhe and partiton), i installed then the latest TWRP recovery and after that i tried throught TWRP recovery to install global and custom android 12 roms BUT none of them seems to work! While the installation goes smoothly after reboot every rom is stacking on logo screens...

pekkle_hksar

Jan 24, 2014
Hong Kong
Xiaomi Mi 8
Xiaomi 12X
Well, i already used the PE recovery and format everything (date, cavhe and partiton), i installed then the latest TWRP recovery and after that i tried throught TWRP recovery to install global and custom android 12 roms BUT none of them seems to work! While the installation goes smoothly after reboot every rom is stacking on logo screens...

Which custom A12 ROM you are flashing? You may have to re-flash the required firmware.
To switch to other ROMs, format data in PE recovery first, and then install another recovery. You may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.

Dracozirion

Sep 13, 2020
I installed "PixelExperience_dipper-13.0-BETA-20220920-2210-OFFICIAL.zip" with clean way. I did not get any unordinary error. As a Google Camera installed BSG's MGC_8.6.263_A11_V5 app and it worked without problem exept slow motion did not work same as PE Plus 12.1. I can not found face unlock, possibly main reason is the first release of A13. I hope in future releases add this unlock option.
It's because this is beta and not the plus version.

hacking67

Dec 9, 2013
İstanbul
Indeed, that what i was thinking...Mi flash is my last resort! Thx, anyway!
After 2 day usage, I decided to turn back 12.1 Plus, I flashed PE recovery. Then make "Factory reset" I formatted all partitions multiple times. After that I sideloaded "PixelExperience_Plus_dipper-12.1-20220829-1239-OFFICIAL.zip" and reboot phone with recovery menu (not fastboot reboot). Successfully I reached welcome page. I thing, your phone memory disk corrupted or something like that.

foufos

Oct 6, 2022
After 2 day usage, I decided to turn back 12.1 Plus, I flashed PE recovery. Then make "Factory reset" I formatted all partitions multiple times. After that I sideloaded "PixelExperience_Plus_dipper-12.1-20220829-1239-OFFICIAL.zip" and reboot phone with recovery menu (not fastboot reboot). Successfully I reached welcome page. I thing, your phone memory disk corrupted or something like that.
That what i was assuming to...How am i suppose to fix that corruption? Flashing global rom through MiFlash will be able to solve this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PE13 turned into stable and added PE Plus entry (not images). The expected moment is approaching.
    1669236205046.png

I have tried formatting, i have tried to use the xiaomi flashing tool with no success.
    I can´t flash twrp.
    Pixel recovery stays persistantly , i can´t get rid of it.

Switched to retrofit dynamic partitioning
    I installed beta version of Pixel Experience and I did not see any problem during my usage.
    Then I want to try Lineage OS 20.0,
    I flashed official miui over fastboot; after successful flashing of MIUI I flashed TWRP and LOS 20.0 step by step.
    I liked Pixel Experience much more then LOS 20.0, it is far better for daily usage.
    I'm waiting for the stable version of Pixel Experience...
    Waiting for the new android 13 version for about 2 months
    Here, new pixel experience for you:

la migliore ROM personalizzata mai usata su mi 8. tutto funziona perfettamente tranne il GPS dual-band. Grazie.
    Esiste un modo per avere una barra di stato doppia (doppia riga) su questa meravigliosa ROM?
    Screenshot_20221204-140106_Avvio app Pixel0001.png

my mi8 PE13plus dual GPS is ok!!!!

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 8 [dipper]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13 (12 also available)

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

April update up
    Changelog
    **Device Specific Changes:**
    - Etude kernel: Op.11 No.4
    * Linux 4.9.267
    * some upstream fixes of cpufreq_stats
    * fixed an issue where the frequency of big CPU cores is locked to a maximum of 1286MHz; the frequency of the big cluster is supposed to be restricted under 1286MHz if you battery is at or below 10%, as part of Qualcomm's thermal mitigation, but on previous versions, the frequency restriction was not removed after the phone is charged above 10%
    * default to suspend to RAM instead of s2idle (suspend to idle) for around a 25% reduction of idle battery drain
    * DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    - Adjusted thermal configs to delay CPU frequency drop and smoothen the thermal throttling curve
    - Implemented dynamic thermal profile to work with Pixel thermal engine
    * the option is accessible under Settings/Battery/Optimization profiles (in case you are wondering, they had no effect on PE11 before this change)
    * thermal configs are dynamically loaded on a per-app basis
    * only the gaming profile is available besides the default profile, because other use cases are covered well enough by the default profile
    * the gaming profile maintains CPU frequency at even higher temperature compared the default profile
    * surface temperatures are measured by an infrared thermometer with matching emissivity to ensure they stay below the allowed maximum values of continuously held electronic devices in IEC 60950-1 (2005) standard
    * thermal profile is NOT a replacement for proper cooling. If you want better performance, you should cool your device. - Eliminated all SELinux neverallows and cleaned up unneeded or broken sepolicy
    * the latest Riru installation should work now. Note that if you use any mods like this, you will not receive support from me
    - Updated telephony blobs from pyxis 21.3.31 to fix random qtibus crashes in the background
    - Went back to Secure Element 1.0 to work with the updated blobs
    - Stopped enforcing s2idle from userspace init script so the kernel can suspend to RAM for better idle battery drain
    - Cleaned some unused config overlays
    **ROM update highlights:**
    - April security update
    - Fixed the issue of weather information not showing up in "At a glance" on the home screen of Pixel Launcher
    - Improved Face Unlock. The issue of front camera being occupied should happen less frequently. Let me know if you still encounter it - Devices will only use dark boot animation from now on
    - Translation updates
    New build is up, check OP for Download
    Changelog:
    - NFC Payments should be fixed
    - General improvements
    - DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    Congrats on the new maintainership
    Hi,
    I've also got a problem with the sound during phone calls (like someone above already mentioned), regarding the latest PE 12 release for Xiaomi mi8 dipper.

If I'm on call and put the phone to my ear, I hear some echo with almost no delay of what I say in the speaker. It feels like I say "S" and someone aplifies this and "SZ" comes into my ear. At the beginning, I hardly noticed it, but sometimes in the middle of the call the feedback howl randomly gets very bad so my ear hurts after the "squuueeeek pffff". After that, it takes 2-3 seconds and the audio is just "szzzzz" with little feedback and I can talk normally. I've experienced the loud howl 4 times now, so I suspect a bug (driver , audio mixel level?) since the latest release.

I'd appreciate if you could have a look at it.
    Thank you
    yup I confirm the issue is present on my device as well, will start investigate asap
    thanks everyone for reporting :)