[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][12.1][13.0][Dipper] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

UnNamedChronos

May 1, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
Aosp Recovery you mean the PE recovery ? Because PE recovery doens't let me sideload latest magisk.
If AOSP recovery is another recovery could you point me to a link for Mi 8 Because i only found one for mi9.
Thanks.

Latest unofficial twrp from your topic and latest orangefox are just stuck in logo screen after loading one time PE 13 Plus.

Seems that I I the zip I had download was the source code .I succesfully flashed the renamed apk file.
looks like you understand now how it works.

Reactions: GiaSen

ilias_noir

Feb 5, 2019
I find the main screen running with really low FPS (stuttering), everything else is smooth. TD1A.221105.001
PixelExperience_Plus_dipper-13.0-20221124-1122-OFFICIAL

razenxd

Oct 22, 2015
2nd Day running the PE 13 Plus edition.
Very good battery management versus the latest global miui.
BT, NFC and everything works fine.
I'm encoutering a "bug" where the Wi-Fi, Mobile signal, LTE etc are keep dissapearing from the top of the status bar and only battery stays visible without opening the quick settings.
At some point I made them smaller and they fitted but they are dissapearing and reappearing on their own.
similar issue with post #119 but without the dot (probably because I have turned off the dot for notifications.
Does anybody knows a way to fix that?
Thanks

UnNamedChronos

May 1, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
2nd Day running the PE 13 Plus edition.
Very good battery management versus the latest global miui.
BT, NFC and everything works fine.
I'm encoutering a "bug" where the Wi-Fi, Mobile signal, LTE etc are keep dissapearing from the top of the status bar and only battery stays visible without opening the quick settings.
At some point I made them smaller and they fitted but they are dissapearing and reappearing on their own.
similar issue with post #119 but without the dot (probably because I have turned off the dot for notifications.
Does anybody knows a way to fix that?
Thanks
Not is a bug, is a feature... For not occupied much space in notch...

UnNamedChronos

May 1, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
Okay not a bug(even if it looks like one because sometimes wifi and vibration are visible and other times without any change ie. data on they are not visible)
Any way for us to have them occupy the notch all the time?
Have you heard of the burnin savers? Possibly this is what is happening when every now and then some icon disappears. About the connections, it's quite simple, if you don't have an internet connection, nothing will appear, using mobile data It will show the mobile data, if you use wifi it will show the wifi network

razenxd

Oct 22, 2015
Have you heard of the burnin savers? Possibly this is what is happening when every now and then some icon disappears. About the connections, it's quite simple, if you don't have an internet connection, nothing will appear, using mobile data It will show the mobile data, if you use wifi it will show the wifi network
Yes I have but its not the case.

When on wifi sometimes I have percentage/signal/wifi/vibration and sometimes I have only percentage(while NOTHING changed).
When on Data I get the percentage/signal/data/connection/vibration ONLY when the data connection is H+ when data connection is LTE I have only the battery percentage(probably because the LTE is huge it gets hidden but then it takes the signal bar with it).
I can capture screenshots/screenrecors if you like to see yourself.

UnNamedChronos

May 1, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
Yes I have but its not the case.

When on wifi sometimes I have percentage/signal/wifi/vibration and sometimes I have only percentage(while NOTHING changed).
When on Data I get the percentage/signal/data/connection/vibration ONLY when the data connection is H+ when data connection is LTE I have only the battery percentage(probably because the LTE is huge it gets hidden but then it takes the signal bar with it).
I can capture screenshots/screenrecors if you like to see yourself.
I don't need none screenshot... I know how it works, I'm the maintener of evolution X and I know how both ROMs work... This is a problem of you and how you behaves the situation which you don't understand from your device. this is all included in the rom since android 12 lol

razenxd

Oct 22, 2015
I don't need none screenshot... I know how it works, I'm the maintener of evolution X and I know how both ROMs work... This is a problem of you and how you behaves the situation which you don't understand from your device. this is all included in the rom since android 12 lol
Never said that it is not my problem, I guess most people dont care and its cool with me.
I understand that the rom works this way since the post #119 is on the first pages of the topic, as i understand that a non notch device will not face that problem since it will have plenty of space. Thats why i called it a "bug" inside quotes.
But from a developers perspective you cant call a feature something that works on its own will and you cant enforce it to be either way.
I mean you said that when theres no connectivity it will display nothing, yeah but its not what i said i said that it hides icons and then unhide them on its own will without any change to connectivity.
Btw, I will continue to use the rom even if the statusbar behaves this way, its a great rom and I thank everyone who is involved with the device and breaths new life to our beloved dipper.
Just wanted to ask if theres a solution for what is a QoL for me.

UnNamedChronos

May 1, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
Never said that it is not my problem, I guess most people dont care and its cool with me.
I understand that the rom works this way since the post #119 is on the first pages of the topic, as i understand that a non notch device will not face that problem since it will have plenty of space. Thats why i called it a "bug" inside quotes.
But from a developers perspective you cant call a feature something that works on its own will and you cant enforce it to be either way.
I mean you said that when theres no connectivity it will display nothing, yeah but its not what i said i said that it hides icons and then unhide them on its own will without any change to connectivity.
Btw, I will continue to use the rom even if the statusbar behaves this way, its a great rom and I thank everyone who is involved with the device and breaths new life to our beloved dipper.
Just wanted to ask if theres a solution for what is a QoL for me.
I can't say it's because notch. But devices without notch have more space for use icon bar for everything if need. It's my personal opinion but doesn't matter what you choice all ROMs have imperfections

razenxd

Oct 22, 2015
I can't say it's because notch. But devices without notch have more space for use icon bar for everything if need. It's my personal opinion but doesn't matter what you choice all ROMs have imperfections
Yeah exactly my point in both of your sayings.
All roms have their imperfections and their strong points. Even the ones released by companies.

Last edited:

xpleef

Nov 29, 2022
but you can in more detail, I'm not experienced in this matter, but I really want to install A13 Plus. When I tried to install PE 13, I was guided by the instructions, and now according to this instruction it gives an error at the time of the recovery firmware. and how to make a dirty flashing?

Top Liked Posts

Bluetooth connect problem
    I use this

And set non A/W balance, Configuration as Pixel 3XL or Pixel 6A, max resolution in photos and activate HDRnet (faster than HDR+, little worse than HDR+).
    Pretty much works splendid.
    @GiaSen you are Good of mi8 .
    Thanks.

Battery feels much better on this release.

Please donation for our Dev. !!!
    Hi!
    Why, after installing the latest Pixel Expirience (PixelExperience_Plus_dipper-13.0-20221124-1122-OFFICIAL.zip), I can't install any other recovery (TWRP, OrangeFox or others)? Has anyone already faced this problem?
    PE13 uses dynamic partitions and a special keymaster4. This requires a special version of OrangeFox (the "dynamic" variant, for which there is a beta release). Check for R11.1_3_0_dynamic_A12.zip in the beta releases section of the download site.

PS: it can be very fiddly to move from static partition ROMs to dynamic partition ROMs and vice versa.
    After the last update the device feels overall snappier indeed.
    I think that pixel launcher eats a lot of battery in Mi8. Even though everything works fine. I installed another launcher and suits my preferences better. I think it still uses battery even if the other launcher is in use.
    There is a way to uninstall pixel launcher through adb. Has anyone tried it? Is it safe?
    This issue had been fixed with the latest PE release, you can see the changelog:
    • Fixed battery drain and lag spike caused by Pixel Launcher (Need to uninstall previous updates of Android System Intelligence or do a clean flash if the issue persists)
    Waiting for the build

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 8 [dipper]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13 (12 also available)

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

April update up
    Changelog
    **Device Specific Changes:**
    - Etude kernel: Op.11 No.4
    * Linux 4.9.267
    * some upstream fixes of cpufreq_stats
    * fixed an issue where the frequency of big CPU cores is locked to a maximum of 1286MHz; the frequency of the big cluster is supposed to be restricted under 1286MHz if you battery is at or below 10%, as part of Qualcomm's thermal mitigation, but on previous versions, the frequency restriction was not removed after the phone is charged above 10%
    * default to suspend to RAM instead of s2idle (suspend to idle) for around a 25% reduction of idle battery drain
    * DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    - Adjusted thermal configs to delay CPU frequency drop and smoothen the thermal throttling curve
    - Implemented dynamic thermal profile to work with Pixel thermal engine
    * the option is accessible under Settings/Battery/Optimization profiles (in case you are wondering, they had no effect on PE11 before this change)
    * thermal configs are dynamically loaded on a per-app basis
    * only the gaming profile is available besides the default profile, because other use cases are covered well enough by the default profile
    * the gaming profile maintains CPU frequency at even higher temperature compared the default profile
    * surface temperatures are measured by an infrared thermometer with matching emissivity to ensure they stay below the allowed maximum values of continuously held electronic devices in IEC 60950-1 (2005) standard
    * thermal profile is NOT a replacement for proper cooling. If you want better performance, you should cool your device. - Eliminated all SELinux neverallows and cleaned up unneeded or broken sepolicy
    * the latest Riru installation should work now. Note that if you use any mods like this, you will not receive support from me
    - Updated telephony blobs from pyxis 21.3.31 to fix random qtibus crashes in the background
    - Went back to Secure Element 1.0 to work with the updated blobs
    - Stopped enforcing s2idle from userspace init script so the kernel can suspend to RAM for better idle battery drain
    - Cleaned some unused config overlays
    **ROM update highlights:**
    - April security update
    - Fixed the issue of weather information not showing up in "At a glance" on the home screen of Pixel Launcher
    - Improved Face Unlock. The issue of front camera being occupied should happen less frequently. Let me know if you still encounter it - Devices will only use dark boot animation from now on
    - Translation updates
    New build is up, check OP for Download
    Changelog:
    - NFC Payments should be fixed
    - General improvements
    - DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    To everyone experiencing lag and stutter in pixel launcher ui you can set set the battery usage to restricted and most of the lags will be gone
    issue will be fixed on upcoming build, sorry for that
    Congrats on the new maintainership