Xiaomi Mi 8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230201-171216_Ustawienia.png
    Screenshot_20230201-171216_Ustawienia.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 69

Kershav

Mar 27, 2012
Hello,
I still use compilation 2022.11.24 plus. Through 2-3 weeks phone was very fast and smooth. After cleaned ram - TikTok starts in 1-2 seconds, GCam in 1-2 secs too. Now it's ~8 seconds, phone is very laggy (I dont use pixel launcher). Looked task manager to cpu and ram usage and found nothing. I got app from play store to testing ufs memory and I have sequential write - 153MB/s, sequential read 64MB/s, random write 18MB/s and Random read 226KB/s. My friends had sequential read 400MB/s and random read 11MB/s in note 10 lite and sequential 307MB/s and random 9,14MB/s in Oneplus 6. Could be that the reason of slowing down system? Do you know why it works great and immediately stop? :D

antifocus

Jul 5, 2010
Hello,
I still use compilation 2022.11.24 plus. Through 2-3 weeks phone was very fast and smooth. After cleaned ram - TikTok starts in 1-2 seconds, GCam in 1-2 secs too. Now it's ~8 seconds, phone is very laggy (I dont use pixel launcher). Looked task manager to cpu and ram usage and found nothing. I got app from play store to testing ufs memory and I have sequential write - 153MB/s, sequential read 64MB/s, random write 18MB/s and Random read 226KB/s. My friends had sequential read 400MB/s and random read 11MB/s in note 10 lite and sequential 307MB/s and random 9,14MB/s in Oneplus 6. Could be that the reason of slowing down system? Do you know why it works great and immediately stop? :D
I have the same problem as well, I am on the latest build.

Kershav

Mar 27, 2012
I have the same problem as well, I am on the latest build.
Last time when phone works bad I had latest beta. After dirty flash of 2022.11.24 stable It was great through 2-3 weeks. Yesterday when i posted that, benchmark showed speed from "old" screenshot. Then I made dirty flash to latest build - it was still slow and laggy. Today I made backup of apps and data, wiped everything and done clean flash latest build with restoring apps. Now is great ("new" screenshot) and phone work fast again but how long? It helps but I still dont know what corruption data - it's random effect or any of my action?
cheers

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 47
  • old.jpg
    old.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 50

peacenut

Feb 4, 2023
HTC Desire HD
Xiaomi Mi 8
Last time when phone works bad I had latest beta. After dirty flash of 2022.11.24 stable It was great through 2-3 weeks. Yesterday when i posted that, benchmark showed speed from "old" screenshot. Then I made dirty flash to latest build - it was still slow and laggy. Today I made backup of apps and data, wiped everything and done clean flash latest build with restoring apps. Now is great ("new" screenshot) and phone work fast again but how long? It helps but I still dont know what corruption data - it's random effect or any of my action?
cheers
I think Google play services cause this. This "bug?" happens in roms that spoof your phone as Google Pixel phones, causes high disk usage, high cpu and battery usage (I have seen it on CrDroid rom too, and I know these high usage by using Franco kernel manager app).
You can try the method below to fix it. But this may cause problems to some google apps (missing Keep notes notifications...).
Is anybody else experiencing absurd high android system usage? The Android system drains the battery stronger than display usually consuming up to 30%/24h. Furthermore Google Play Services are draining the battery even further. The smartphone often feels hot while light usage.
View attachment 5638355View attachment 5638353

Edit: I fixed the Play Service draining by executing the following command:

adb shell su
pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService
Or if your phone is rooted, just copy paste this command to termux:
su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService
You can view this post for more information.

Last edited:

Kershav

Mar 27, 2012
@peacenut
Thanks for advise but I think it isn't that. My battery consumption wasn't worse, CPU had low level usage and phone wasn't hot or even warm. I've checked if any apps/tasks/processes had abnormal usage of cpu or battery but there were nothing. My friend said "maybe there is storage problem?". Therefore I though "it's impossible because digital memory can work or not" but then i've done benchmark and it turned out that's problem :/

peacenut

Feb 4, 2023
HTC Desire HD
Xiaomi Mi 8
@peacenut
Thanks for advise but I think it isn't that. My battery consumption wasn't worse, CPU had low level usage and phone wasn't hot or even warm. I've checked if any apps/tasks/processes had abnormal usage of cpu or battery but there were nothing. My friend said "maybe there is storage problem?". Therefore I though "it's impossible because digital memory can work or not" but then i've done benchmark and it turned out that's problem :/
Have you checked the disk usage? The last time i checked, cpu and battery usage seem normal too, but disk write went crazy high, I think that make your disk benchmark slow.

antifocus

Jul 5, 2010
@peacenut
Nope I didn't but now i can't because my phone is already okay. Maybe @antifocus could check this out? :p Of course if he didn't clean flash yet.
Sadly the terminal commands didn't do anything as far as I can tell, I don't have particularly high battery drain but slow starting app/lags.

I have experienced the same: Pretty snappy after A13 fresh install, then got slow after one or two weeks, couldn't figure out why

peacenut

Feb 4, 2023
HTC Desire HD
Xiaomi Mi 8
Sadly the terminal commands didn't do anything as far as I can tell, I don't have particularly high battery drain but slow starting app/lags.

I have experienced the same: Pretty snappy after A13 fresh install, then got slow after one or two weeks, couldn't figure out why
Have you tried the instruction in the rom changelog? (We did several changes to try fixing the screen stutter and battery drain caused by Pixel Launcher. If the issue persists for you, try uninstalling previous updates of Android System Intelligence or even do a clean flash. Disabling search related features in launcher settings may also help.)
Also this:
Some people said about restrict Pixel launcher in settings too.

Last edited:

antifocus

Jul 5, 2010
Have you tried the instruction in the rom changelog? (We did several changes to try fixing the screen stutter and battery drain caused by Pixel Launcher. If the issue persists for you, try uninstalling previous updates of Android System Intelligence or even do a clean flash. Disabling search related features in launcher settings may also help.)
Also this:
Yeah I did, I have been using Nova Launcher and didn't notice a difference before and after, thanks anyway

spacefrog.uk

Sep 2, 2022
You need to use Magisk using zygist with the universal safety net module also. Gpay works fine for me as well as all my banking apps

Top Liked Posts

Is the hiss noise fixed?
    @GiaSen Please contact server staff, I hope they can help you out on this.
    That was a temporary solution and is already merged to PE, it got removed with the last upstream merge.
    There's a new one which fixes the codecs instead: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845/+/349935
    Hi, I've just built it from sources (following the PE build guide) and i flashed on my phone.
    I've no experience nor i know what i'm actually doing. it boots and works, but i don't know if @GiaSen does some specific things or whatever. if you want to (and if it's allowed) i can upload it.
    But here it says that everything is working: https://status.pixelexperience.org/
    And other devices are receiving the updates.

I'm writing this just to understand. We really appreciate your work for the Mi8!
    yeah but disabled internally, I cannot access

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 8 [dipper]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13 (12 also available)

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

April update up
    Changelog
    **Device Specific Changes:**
    - Etude kernel: Op.11 No.4
    * Linux 4.9.267
    * some upstream fixes of cpufreq_stats
    * fixed an issue where the frequency of big CPU cores is locked to a maximum of 1286MHz; the frequency of the big cluster is supposed to be restricted under 1286MHz if you battery is at or below 10%, as part of Qualcomm's thermal mitigation, but on previous versions, the frequency restriction was not removed after the phone is charged above 10%
    * default to suspend to RAM instead of s2idle (suspend to idle) for around a 25% reduction of idle battery drain
    * DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    - Adjusted thermal configs to delay CPU frequency drop and smoothen the thermal throttling curve
    - Implemented dynamic thermal profile to work with Pixel thermal engine
    * the option is accessible under Settings/Battery/Optimization profiles (in case you are wondering, they had no effect on PE11 before this change)
    * thermal configs are dynamically loaded on a per-app basis
    * only the gaming profile is available besides the default profile, because other use cases are covered well enough by the default profile
    * the gaming profile maintains CPU frequency at even higher temperature compared the default profile
    * surface temperatures are measured by an infrared thermometer with matching emissivity to ensure they stay below the allowed maximum values of continuously held electronic devices in IEC 60950-1 (2005) standard
    * thermal profile is NOT a replacement for proper cooling. If you want better performance, you should cool your device. - Eliminated all SELinux neverallows and cleaned up unneeded or broken sepolicy
    * the latest Riru installation should work now. Note that if you use any mods like this, you will not receive support from me
    - Updated telephony blobs from pyxis 21.3.31 to fix random qtibus crashes in the background
    - Went back to Secure Element 1.0 to work with the updated blobs
    - Stopped enforcing s2idle from userspace init script so the kernel can suspend to RAM for better idle battery drain
    - Cleaned some unused config overlays
    **ROM update highlights:**
    - April security update
    - Fixed the issue of weather information not showing up in "At a glance" on the home screen of Pixel Launcher
    - Improved Face Unlock. The issue of front camera being occupied should happen less frequently. Let me know if you still encounter it - Devices will only use dark boot animation from now on
    - Translation updates
    New build is up, check OP for Download
    Changelog:
    - NFC Payments should be fixed
    - General improvements
    - DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    To everyone experiencing lag and stutter in pixel launcher ui you can set set the battery usage to restricted and most of the lags will be gone
    issue will be fixed on upcoming build, sorry for that
    Congrats on the new maintainership