[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][12.1][13.0][Dipper] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Catfriend1

Nov 16, 2020
This is maybe a problem caused by dirty flashing, so I'd like to ask if anyone else with clean flash also experiences this:

When I pick up an incoming call via my bluetooth headset, the phone uses its internal microphone and speaker for the call. The button in the phone app to switch to bluetooth does not appear. The status bar and my headset both indicate, the headset is connected properly. When I hang up after the error, turn off bluetooth, turn it on again, wait until headset and phone connected and then call again, it works correctly and I can use the headset for the call. This problem first occured on PE 13 BETA 2022-09-20. (Had PE 12.1 before and there wasn't such a problem.)

GiaSen

This is maybe a problem caused by dirty flashing, so I'd like to ask if anyone else with clean flash also experiences this:

When I pick up an incoming call via my bluetooth headset, the phone uses its internal microphone and speaker for the call. The button in the phone app to switch to bluetooth does not appear. The status bar and my headset both indicate, the headset is connected properly. When I hang up after the error, turn off bluetooth, turn it on again, wait until headset and phone connected and then call again, it works correctly and I can use the headset for the call. This problem first occured on PE 13 BETA 2022-09-20. (Had PE 12.1 before and there wasn't such a problem.)
please clean flash

jackw0lfen

Jan 7, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 8
Google Pixel 7
Hello there, I was wondering what could cause such a dramatic battery drainage. Under dramatic battery drain I meant having SoT around 3-4 hours of screen if not even less (percentage is going down on my eyes). Accubattery showed that my battery is around circa 60-70% (did a month ago) if I'm not mistaking. And I had such a problem on every build of PE. Does anyone have such issue? And did the replacement of the battery worked or this OS is just eating too much power anyway? Appreciate everyone's reply.

Hello there, I was wondering what could cause such a dramatic battery drainage. Under dramatic battery drain I meant having SoT around 3-4 hours of screen if not even less (percentage is going down on my eyes). Accubattery showed that my battery is around circa 60-70% (did a month ago) if I'm not mistaking. And I had such a problem on every build of PE. Does anyone have such issue? And did the replacement of the battery worked or this OS is just eating too much power anyway? Appreciate everyone's reply.
In playstore don't update carrier services and speech services by Google. I think these apps are causing the huge battery drain. I haven't updated these apps since previous build, and do not have any battery drain anymore. So I do not think it's a battery issue.

najabi

Jan 14, 2018
Bilbao
I'm using latest PE12+ and it runs very well, great battery time, for a 4 year old battery, quite happy.
I'd like others to tell their experiences with PE13 beta, if everything runs well: GPS, NFS, gcam. For the moment I'm watching 😌 it looks promising. Regarding your battery drain, try MIUI and see if it runs like PE, to discard the cause.

Last edited:

xandreasx

Mar 6, 2011
www.asvideofficial.com
Sorry but if your battery is at 60% this is the problem 😅. After 3 years i changed my battery and now i doubled the battery life. I'm very happy with PE12+ for the battery life.

foufos

Oct 6, 2022
Question : I installed Pixel Experience Beta but somehow i can't go back on another custom android 12 rom! It stucks on logo "forever" despite i changed recovery to TWRP! Does Android 13 has restructed the partitions and can't go back on android 12 roms maybe? Any ideas?

Manosdocpap

Feb 26, 2017
Greece
Question : I installed Pixel Experience Beta but somehow i can't go back on another custom android 12 rom! It stucks on logo "forever" despite i changed recovery to TWRP! Does Android 13 has restructed the partitions and can't go back on android 12 roms maybe? Any ideas?
flash latest global fastboot rom then proceed to A12 ROMs

Reactions: ntouris3

Manosdocpap

Feb 26, 2017
Greece
Standby battery management on A13 on Mi 8 is FANTASTIC.

Attachments

• PXL_20221006_164415694.jpg
    PXL_20221006_164415694.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 124

foufos

Oct 6, 2022
Fastboot flashing of global rom goes well without errors ?
Yep, no errors during flashing but after the rebout it stucks on logo screen!

Actually almost any rom i tried to install throught TWRP, from global (which is still on android 10) to any custom android 12 rom just stucks after rebout on logo screen! Something has changed i think on partitions after the pixel beta and android 13 and it seems i can't go back to any rom!

xandreasx

Mar 6, 2011
www.asvideofficial.com
Yep, no errors during flashing but after the rebout it stucks on logo screen!

Actually almost any rom i tried to install throught TWRP, from global (which is still on android 10) to any custom android 12 rom just stucks after rebout on logo screen! Something has changed i think on partitions after the pixel beta and android 13 and it seems i can't go back to any rom!
But, have you installed the PixelExperience Recovery? You don't have to use the TWRP

foufos

Oct 6, 2022
But, have you installed the PixelExperience Recovery? You don't have to use the TWRP
I'm not a "noob"...I installed pixel experience beta with the correct recovery and i wanted to go back on older android version so i installed back the TWRP recovery and wanted to install again an android 12 rom or the global but always stucks on logo screen (every rom i tried) after reboot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where does it say that?

Pixel Experience 12 and 12 Plus are the ones marked as "Deprecated".

Pixel Experience 13 and 13 Plus are marked as "Stable".

Also, afaik there are no official Pixel Experience 14 (or 14 Plus) for any device. At least, I couldn't find a device on their website with builds for 14.

For all we know, what has been deprecated is the whole Pixel Experience project.
    I went to this exact page when I wrote the post in the morning and it said 12,13 were discontinued. But yes, now it says stable again. Someone edited the page meanwhilst.
    Where does it say that?

Pixel Experience 12 and 12 Plus are the ones marked as "Deprecated".

Pixel Experience 13 and 13 Plus are marked as "Stable".

Also, afaik there are no official Pixel Experience 14 (or 14 Plus) for any device. At least, I couldn't find a device on their website with builds for 14.

For all we know, what has been deprecated is the whole Pixel Experience project.
    It did say depreciated yesterday when I looked. Looks like it's been fixed now 👌
    Look at the A13 builds on other devices. They are all marked as "Deprecated" as well. It seems that this applies to all devices. Reportedly, this is because attention is now focused on A14 development, and A13 will not be maintained any more.
    14 beta is coming
    Today, there is a beta announcement on the page.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 8 [dipper]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13 (12 also available)

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

April update up
    Changelog
    **Device Specific Changes:**
    - Etude kernel: Op.11 No.4
    * Linux 4.9.267
    * some upstream fixes of cpufreq_stats
    * fixed an issue where the frequency of big CPU cores is locked to a maximum of 1286MHz; the frequency of the big cluster is supposed to be restricted under 1286MHz if you battery is at or below 10%, as part of Qualcomm's thermal mitigation, but on previous versions, the frequency restriction was not removed after the phone is charged above 10%
    * default to suspend to RAM instead of s2idle (suspend to idle) for around a 25% reduction of idle battery drain
    * DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    - Adjusted thermal configs to delay CPU frequency drop and smoothen the thermal throttling curve
    - Implemented dynamic thermal profile to work with Pixel thermal engine
    * the option is accessible under Settings/Battery/Optimization profiles (in case you are wondering, they had no effect on PE11 before this change)
    * thermal configs are dynamically loaded on a per-app basis
    * only the gaming profile is available besides the default profile, because other use cases are covered well enough by the default profile
    * the gaming profile maintains CPU frequency at even higher temperature compared the default profile
    * surface temperatures are measured by an infrared thermometer with matching emissivity to ensure they stay below the allowed maximum values of continuously held electronic devices in IEC 60950-1 (2005) standard
    * thermal profile is NOT a replacement for proper cooling. If you want better performance, you should cool your device. - Eliminated all SELinux neverallows and cleaned up unneeded or broken sepolicy
    * the latest Riru installation should work now. Note that if you use any mods like this, you will not receive support from me
    - Updated telephony blobs from pyxis 21.3.31 to fix random qtibus crashes in the background
    - Went back to Secure Element 1.0 to work with the updated blobs
    - Stopped enforcing s2idle from userspace init script so the kernel can suspend to RAM for better idle battery drain
    - Cleaned some unused config overlays
    **ROM update highlights:**
    - April security update
    - Fixed the issue of weather information not showing up in "At a glance" on the home screen of Pixel Launcher
    - Improved Face Unlock. The issue of front camera being occupied should happen less frequently. Let me know if you still encounter it - Devices will only use dark boot animation from now on
    - Translation updates
    New build is up, check OP for Download
    Changelog:
    - NFC Payments should be fixed
    - General improvements
    - DO NOT use a third party kernel without proper support for Pixel thermal hal
    To everyone experiencing lag and stutter in pixel launcher ui you can set set the battery usage to restricted and most of the lags will be gone
    issue will be fixed on upcoming build, sorry for that
    Congrats on the new maintainership