[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2021/02/07]

Mako0020

Jan 20, 2021
hi, i want to update through ota and my phone is root(magisk). What are the steps that i need to follow? My phone is encrypted and what twrp that i need to use? Do i need to disable magisk with all the modules to make sure it does not interfere with the updated?

j1miroquai

Apr 15, 2011
Already on pixel experience... Downloaded the update... Is there a way to update without erasing data or its the only way...
it's
a hassle to set it up again...
Works great BTW thank you for your effort

guhvanoh

Dec 5, 2010
Slightly South of London
sites.google.com
hi, i want to update through ota and my phone is root(magisk). What are the steps that i need to follow? My phone is encrypted and what twrp that i need to use? Do i need to disable magisk with all the modules to make sure it does not interfere with the updated?
TWRP: I use a version of 1.4.0 (don't ask which one because I downloaded several and can't remember which one I use), version 1.5.0 recommended to handle FBE.
I'm encrypted with root and updated via ota. Afterwards you'll have to reflash Magisk. It is also recommended to disable your Magisk modules before updating.

HTH

guhvanoh

Dec 5, 2010
Slightly South of London
sites.google.com
Already on pixel experience... Downloaded the update... Is there a way to update without erasing data or its the only way...
it's
Since this is the PE11 thread I'll assume you are already on PE11. Before updating, if you're rooted, disable all your modules. If you're not encrypted, you'll have to manually flash via recovery. You need to flash DFE immediately after flashing the rom and BEFORE you boot to system.

If you're encrypted, just flash the rom via recovery and boot to system. If you're rooted in either scenario, you'll need to flash Magisk after booting the new rom the first time. I updated via ota and had no problems at all.

Paulo Metchko

Jan 20, 2021
I was able to update by ADB Sideload by uploading the "PixelExperience_beryllium-11.0-20210119-0516-BETA-OFFICIAL".
Without the need to format or erase any data on the phone.
I used this well explanatory Brazilian site that is below:

Paulo Metchko

Jan 20, 2021
it's
I was able to update by ADB Sideload by uploading the "PixelExperience_beryllium-11.0-20210119-0516-BETA-OFFICIAL".
Without the need to format or erase any data on the phone.
I used this well explanatory Brazilian site that is below:

Mako0020

Jan 20, 2021
TWRP: I use a version of 1.4.0 (don't ask which one because I downloaded several and can't remember which one I use), version 1.5.0 recommended to handle FBE.
I'm encrypted with root and updated via ota. Afterwards you'll have to reflash Magisk. It is also recommended to disable your Magisk modules before updating.

HTH
Thanks for the information. I already do the update and i notice after it reboot to twrp it asking my password and after that i golden no problems at all. But now i want to know if i dont want to reflash magisk. Does it break the software or twrp? coz i really dont need it anymore.
Btw after i update the magisk were completely gone but magisk manager still there and not detect magisk.

Attachments

Last edited:

j1miroquai

Apr 15, 2011
Since this is the PE11 thread I'll assume you are already on PE11. Before updating, if you're rooted, disable all your modules. If you're not encrypted, you'll have to manually flash via recovery. You need to flash DFE immediately after flashing the rom and BEFORE you boot to system.

If you're encrypted, just flash the rom via recovery and boot to system. If you're rooted in either scenario, you'll need to flash Magisk after booting the new rom the first time. I updated via ota and had no problems at all.
Great it worked!!!!! Thank you

But now safety net patch doesn't work....

d_crossfader

Jun 29, 2011
Dublin
So... really weird issue, just flashed this rom from a full wipe and it seems to have messed up the display on my phone :-/ on the left side of the screen, there is now a discoloured line, what's weird is it wasn't there when I first booted the rom but its now also visible in TWRP, suspect its a hardware issue but just wanted to check if anyone else happened to see this?

AKZMonster

Apr 2, 2018
Received a system update notification. Applied and after a reflash of magisk and vanced, it's working like a swiss watch!! Just wanted to say thanks for the crazy simple experience. That was bliss. :love:

Reactions: guhvanoh

anandakrishna

Jan 19, 2021
Installed yesterday, after a full charge the battery showing a fast draining and only shows 11 hours of battery, wifi, mobile data is off, no background apps running. still am using it, but as a daily user i need more battery, so iam testing the rom for 2 more days. And PUBG shows a lag after 5min use, i changed all graphics to low, no heating issue, but shows a lag, i think thermal throttling maybe working.
Sorry for my bad english. i know its a beta version.
U efforts are appreciated and thank you for the ROM
be safe

dawidkotarba

Oct 18, 2017
A really fantastic ROM. Smooth and fast. Great job, dev!
What's good:
- MMS work in this ROM for me in contradiction to i.e. PE10

What's bad:
- battery drains so fast :(

Anyway, a great ROM even for a daily driver if you do not mind charging that in the middle of the day. For me, it is the only one issue that prevents me to move to this ROM from a perfect PE10+ from December.

Reactions: SAGY the MEGATRON