[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2021/04/19]

Search This thread

kmykoh

• Mar 31, 2017
    shanghai
    kmykoh97.github.io
    BUG REPORT
    The newest OTA (PixelExperience_beryllium-11.0-20210222-1526-BETA-OFFICIAL.zip) causes bootloop.

STEPS TAKEN UNTIL BOOTLOOP HAPPENED
    SCENARIO #1

• Deleted downloaded OTA
    • Re-downloaded OTA
    • Click Update and got rebooted to TWRP
    • Installation progressed as normal
    • After installation and boot up.
    • It's been stuck on the Google logo boot for at least 45 minutes.

SCENARIO #2
    • I booted back to Recovery in order to reinstall the latest zip
    • Cleared
      • Dalvik / ART Cache
      • Cache
      • System
      • Vendor
    • Then reinstalled
    • Then it bootloop again

END RESULT
    • I went back to Recovery once more and cleared
      • Dalvik / ART Cache
      • Cache
      • System
      • Vendor
      • Data
    • Installed PixelExperience_beryllium-11.0-20210207-0918-BETA-OFFICIAL.zip instead
    • Problem fixed. I'm back to my phone, and only have to set up everything again.
    P.S. Should have made a backup via TWRP before installing the new update :(
    next time don't update google play security patch. It does nothing. The reason for your bootloop is due to pe dropping apex(aka google play security update). It wont happen again

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
    Staff member
  • Jun 6, 2014
    Ambala
    OnePlus 5
    @A lui Vasile Hi! I see that you're new here. Welcome to XDA! :) Please note that XDA is an international forum, and hence only English is permitted to be used across the website.

The above is as per the Forum Rules:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

As a courtesy, I've added the English translation to your post. Going forward, kindly use English to post/reply on the forum. :)

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator

----------

Привет! Я вижу, что ты здесь новенький. Добро пожаловать на XDA! :) Обратите внимание, что XDA - международный форум, поэтому на сайте разрешено использовать только английский язык.

Вышеупомянутое соответствует Правилам форума:

4. Используйте английский язык.

Мы понимаем, что не все люди разных национальностей хорошо говорят по-английски, но, пожалуйста, попробуйте. Если вы действительно не можете писать на английском, воспользуйтесь онлайн-переводчиком. Вы можете включить исходное сообщение на своем родном языке под английским переводом. (Это правило распространяется на ваши сообщения, записи профиля и подпись). Вы можете попробовать: - https://translate.google.com/ или https://www.babelfish.com/ или использовать один на ваш выбор.

В качестве любезности я добавил к вашему сообщению английский перевод. Забегая вперед, любезно используйте английский для сообщений / ответов на форуме. :)

С Уважением,
    shadowstep
    Модератор форума

Reactions: philipped346

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Redmi K20 Pro
    BUG REPORT
    The newest OTA (PixelExperience_beryllium-11.0-20210222-1526-BETA-OFFICIAL.zip) causes bootloop.

STEPS TAKEN UNTIL BOOTLOOP HAPPENED
    SCENARIO #1

• Deleted downloaded OTA
    • Re-downloaded OTA
    • Click Update and got rebooted to TWRP
    • Installation progressed as normal
    • After installation and boot up.
    • It's been stuck on the Google logo boot for at least 45 minutes.

SCENARIO #2
    • I booted back to Recovery in order to reinstall the latest zip
    • Cleared
      • Dalvik / ART Cache
      • Cache
      • System
      • Vendor
    • Then reinstalled
    • Then it bootloop again

END RESULT
    • I went back to Recovery once more and cleared
      • Dalvik / ART Cache
      • Cache
      • System
      • Vendor
      • Data
    • Installed PixelExperience_beryllium-11.0-20210207-0918-BETA-OFFICIAL.zip instead
    • Problem fixed. I'm back to my phone, and only have to set up everything again.
    P.S. Should have made a backup via TWRP before installing the new update :(
    Don't worry from next time onwards Rom is switching to stable builds. Most probably stable builds will not create any issues for OTA Updates.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Is someone using HP smart app ? It doesn't want to run on this rom.
    I did not use it on this ROM but I didn't work for me on some other ROMs on different phones. It started working after I disabled my adblocker.
    I don't use it but I just tried and installed it and seems to working fine. I don't know what problem do you have, maybe something with the app itself, since I see a lot of bad reviews in Play Store.

Reactions: mantlabs

VawX

Apr 9, 2019
    next time don't update google play security patch. It does nothing. The reason for your bootloop is due to pe dropping apex(aka google play security update). It wont happen again
    Damn it, I should check the forum every time I want to update.
    Now it's bootlooping and need to be reinstalled.

ZkBeats

Jan 21, 2021

______ HELLO, I have my Poco on February Stable, and android auto sometimes works and others not, is it my phone, is it the room, or is an android 11 Issue?
    The message says:
    can't connect to car screen plug into a different outlet, or try another cable

boca_chica

Mar 4, 2021
    I also faced same issue
    Twerp 3.4.0.1 latest version was failing to decrypt data (Does anyone have idea why it fails? was that the reason for stucking at google logo?)

Finally I clean installed image wiping all data, it worked fine.

Hope stable builds don't face this issue in future.

Aug 20, 2015
    Quito
    ______ HELLO, I have my Poco on February Stable, and android auto sometimes works and others not, is it my phone, is it the room, or is an android 11 Issue?
    The message says:
    can't connect to car screen plug into a different outlet, or try another cable
    Believe it or not, is google chrome. I couldn't use android auto for a month or so until I found on reddit that the problem was chrome, I uninstalled the updates and it started working again.

cfrank38

Nov 6, 2013
    in the latest beta i have a strange problem, without selecting silence mode after sometime notificacion and ringing only vibrates and no sound volume but the ringing volume is max. I will try a clean flash later but this is strange . I made a dirty flash of the latest build

Steve Kraemer

Jul 31, 2014
    Orlando, Florida
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    How can I get a functional Lineage AOSP keyboard apk on this ROM? I cannot seem to be able to utilize voice text with the included Gboard. I tried an AOSP keyboard apk via a Google lookup, which did not work at all.
    By the way, I LOVE this ROM! THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

New Build has been published with
      Changelog :
      fixed CaCert crashes
      possible audio crackling fixes.

Download from Official Pixel Experience Website.
      Batterytime is not good after last update. Dont even get 12 hours 😔👎
      Did someone had this problem with the previous build and now can test if it was fixed with the new one?
      Yes, everyone has this issue with whatsapp and its not fixed in the latest build
      New month, new build! Just published new PixelExperience/Plus 11 builds for Beryllium with April Security Patches and more!

Full Changelog: https://lakshay.wtf/posts/pixelexperience_plus-beryllium-april-update/

Cheers!
      Lakshay
      New Build has been published with
      Changelog :
      fixed CaCert crashes
      possible audio crackling fixes.

Download from Official Pixel Experience Website.
      I have installed Pixel Experience Plus on 14-04-2021 on my Poco F1 8GB-256Gb Model. Before PE i was on Stock Rom.
      Issue: I am facing crazy Battery Drop since installing the ROM, even after using battery saver, still i am getting drastic battery drop. Please Somebody help me with a proper solution, as the ROM is super smooth and i dont want to jump back to stock rom. And also i have checked in the settings, no apps is churning the juice as i have suspected earlier.
      Please guide me, ASAP.
      ~Thank You
      First of all confirm whether you clean flashed the Rom.. if not then clean flash it.. then it will take 2-3 days to adapt the battery as per the usage.. Everything is good for all other users no battery drain at all.
      @mamanga Hi! I see that you're new here. Welcome to XDA! :) Please note that XDA is an international forum, and hence only English is permitted to be used across the website.

The above is as per the Forum Rules:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

As a courtesy, I've added the English translation to your post. Going forward, kindly use English to post/reply on the forum. :)

Regards,
      shadowstep
      Forum Moderator

----------

¡Hola! Veo que eres nuevo aquí. ¡Bienvenido a XDA! :) Tenga en cuenta que XDA es un foro internacional y, por lo tanto, solo se permite el uso del inglés en el sitio web.

Lo anterior es según las Reglas del foro:

4. Usa el idioma inglés.

Entendemos que, con todas las nacionalidades diferentes, no todo el mundo habla bien inglés, pero inténtelo. Si realmente no puede publicar en inglés, use un traductor en línea. Puede incluir su mensaje original en su propio idioma, debajo de la traducción al inglés. (Esta regla cubre sus publicaciones, entradas de perfil y firma). Puede probar: - https://translate.google.com/ o https://www.babelfish.com/ o usar uno de su elección.

Como cortesía, agregué la traducción al inglés a su publicación. En el futuro, utilice el inglés para publicar / responder en el foro. :)

Saludos,
      shadowstep
      Moderador del foro
      That's great for you.
      However, my situation is different.
      I'm waiting for a dev's response.
      I have tried several Android 11 roms and the Pixel Experience Plus that I use daily is the best in terms of battery management and consumption. It is useless to wait for a response from the developer if, as it seems, it is just your problem. An advice? Try flashing the Rom again by performing a clean installation. Good luck!!!

AaoFHgU.png

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
      Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
      Wifi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      FMRadio
      Fingerprint reader
      Lights
      Sound / vibration

Known issues
      HDR
      Widevine L1

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
      Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
      Liked our work? Give us a beer
      Lakshay

Translation
      Help with project translation

Stay tuned
      Our Telegram channel
      Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
      PixelExperience 11, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
      lakshay18
      Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2020-11-28
      Last Updated 2021-04-19
      Why there's no face unlock and status bar customizations and also an option to hide full screen gesture bar as well and make all app fullscreen?? Request to add those in the next build, thanks and I appreciate the efforts you devs putting into this device. Thank you again have a great life ahead and god bless you.
      I recommend use the Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures Magisk module for fullscreen apps.
      The wait is over! PixelExperience Plus for Beryllium is finally out along with Face Unlock, March Security Patches and stuff.

Check the changelog here: https://lakshay.wtf/posts/pixelexperience_plus-beryllium-march-update/

Cheers!
      Lakshay
      STEPS TO FLASH PIXEL EXPERIENCE 11 📲

Notes:
      Firmware and Vendor are already included in the ROM, no need to flash them.
      Doesn't matter from which ROM are you coming from, even if you previously was in PE 10, you need to Format Data. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost during formating, so take backup of your personal files]

CLEAN INSTALLATION ⚡
      1. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build on the Internal Storage or to your external SDCard
      2. Download, flash and reboot to latest Official TWRP and do the steps:
      Steps without external SDCard:
      • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
      • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
      • Flash ROM > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
      • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
      • Reboot and Enjoy!
      Steps with external SDCard:
      • go to Advanced > File Manager > External_SD and delete all folders in ur ext sd card (For example you should delete: Android, .android_secure, LOST.DIR, DCIM, etc) except your personal files/folders and the folder with your custom ROM/Gapps/Magisk/DFE you want to flash.
      • Select Advanced Wipe
      • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
      • Flash ROM > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
      • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
      • Reboot and Enjoy!
      DIRTY INSTALLATION (MANUALLY UPDATE TO LATEST BUILD)💾
      1. You must already be on Pixel Experience 11
      2. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build
      3. Reboot to latest Official TWRP and Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Vendor, Cache.
      4. Flash the ROM > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
      5. Reboot and Enjoy!
      Note: If you encounter any kind of issue with dirty installation, try clean installation before reporting the issue.

OTA UPDATE INSTALLATION 🤖
      Go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update

PIXEL EXPERIENCE STANDARD VS PLUS EDITION 📱
      Pixel Experience Standard Edition
      Display
      • Stock Always-On-Display
      • Stock Ambient Display
      System
      • Based on stock Android - AOSP
      • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
      • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
      • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
      Buttons
      • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

Pixel Experience Plus Edition
      All Standard edition features, but also
      Display
      • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
      • Rotation settings
      • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
      • Tap to sleep
      • Wake on plug
      • Prevent accidental wake-up
      Sound
      • Link ring & notification volumes
      • Increasing ring volume
      System
      • Partial screenshot
      • Network traffic monitor
      • Status bar icons
      • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
      • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
      • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
      • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
      • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
      Gestures
      • Swipe to screenshot
      Buttons
      • Navigation bar
      • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
      • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
      Developer options
      • Advanced restart

Note:
      These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.

Guide by @Retrial
      hi,. What's the difference standard / plus? thanks
      Pixel Experience Standar Edition
      Display
      • Stock Always-On-Display
      • Stock Ambient Display
      System
      • Based on stock Android - AOSP
      • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
      • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
      • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
      Buttons
      • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

Pixel Experience Plus Edition
      All Standart edition features, but also
      Display
      • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
      • Rotation settings
      • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
      • Tap to sleep
      • Wake on plug
      • Prevent accidental wake-up
      Sound
      • Link ring & notification volumes
      • Increasing ring volume
      System
      • Partial screenshot
      • Network traffic monitor
      • Status bar icons
      • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
      • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
      • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
      • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
      • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
      Gestures
      • Swipe to screenshot
      Buttons
      • Navigation bar
      • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
      • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
      Developer options
      • Advanced restart

Note:
      These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone