[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2021/04/19]

Search This thread

phaleg

Jul 20, 2012
Velletri, RM
bit.ly
you may proceed with dirty flash.. This time majority of sound issues is from clean flash users.. few are saying it's for random users.. But for me I just dirty flashed by Wiping cache, dalvik, system and vendor and everything is excellently running at my end.

Edit: New Build is already up...

Thanks! I see that they have a new build from 20 (vx previous 19).. oddly yesterday I checked and there was not.

When you dirty flash you wipe also vendor? May you tell me more? This is a wipe I have never done.

About DFE, once I install the latest, should I mount or unmount anything before flashing DFE or Magisk? I still wonder why it loses the root each time I flash and on previous android it did not XD

About the small updates that were released before, do you know if they have been discontinued?

Last edited:

theagilecoder

Aug 18, 2019
Thanks! I see that they have a new build from 20 (vx previous 19).. oddly yesterday I checked and there was not.

When you dirty flash you wipe also vendor? May you tell me more? This is a wipe I have never done.

About DFE, once I install the latest, should I mount or unmount anything before flashing DFE or Magisk? I still wonder why it loses the root each time I flash and on previous android it did not XD

About the small updates that were released before, do you know if they have been discontinued?
Read the second post on this thread.
View munchy's youtube channel's video on updating PE.

Reactions: phaleg

edorikkuu

Apr 11, 2020
Just wanna ask if there is also someone who experience the same problem with me, i clean flash it the 2nd time the new update but google play store keeps crashing and I can't use it. i try clearing its storage and cache but still the issue persists
As of now i'm going back to the previous build. Thanks devs <3

Awesomeness_1307

Jun 18, 2015
Roorkee
Glad to hear it.

Do you know of any kernel that works well with this ROM ?

Trying to improve my SOT. Barely reaching 6hours.

Currently using FKM + Servicely + Naptime
Honestly, I haven't felt the need to change the kernel, and I don't know much about any either. I've heard good things about NGK. I'm getting around 8 hours SOT, which is decent I think, considering that my device was bought in 2019, and AccuBattery shows that my battery health is 58%, aka 2338mAh instead of 4000mAh.
Btw, if you are using Viper, what settings are you using for your speaker?

theagilecoder

Aug 18, 2019
I was thinking about trying NGK. I used it with Stock ROM before.

I'll recalibrate the battery and use for a few more days before I decide.

Any other battery tips ? Device is rooted

Thanks
The best battery tip I can give is to replace it entirely. The back cover not being glued helps immensely. You only need a philips head and T4 screw driver and some common sense.

Reactions: haldaios

adrianjlouis

Mar 12, 2019
Honestly, I haven't felt the need to change the kernel, and I don't know much about any either. I've heard good things about NGK. I'm getting around 8 hours SOT, which is decent I think, considering that my device was bought in 2019, and AccuBattery shows that my battery health is 58%, aka 2338mAh instead of 4000mAh.
Btw, if you are using Viper, what settings are you using for your speaker?
I'm bad at tweaking Viper4Fx.

The settings I'm using for speakers is :
Master Limiter - MAX

Playback Gain Control - MAX (maximum gain is 10x)

FIR equalizer - MAX

BannanaJoe

Apr 24, 2021
When I press install (for installing the update 21/04/20) it reboots into TWRP and asks me to provide a password for user 0. I haven't entered any password when making my TWRP, I tried to enter passwords like: password, default_password. But those don't work.
Can someone help me to get the latest update so that I don't need to lose all my data flashing the room again, instead just using the update feature..

Top Liked Posts

Anyone successful pass safetynet ? Google still shows uncertified then I am inavle to launch some app. I have done same step as before other custom ROm and successful pass safetynet. But fail in this ROM.
    The ROM pass Safetynet and is certified by default.
    Use Magisk Canary to check.
    New month, new build! Just published new PixelExperience/Plus 11 builds for Beryllium with April Security Patches and more!

Full Changelog: https://lakshay.wtf/posts/pixelexperience_plus-beryllium-april-update/

Cheers!
    Lakshay
    New Build has been published with
    Changelog :
    fixed CaCert crashes
    possible audio crackling fixes.

Download from Official Pixel Experience Website.
    Anyone successful pass safetynet ? Google still shows uncertified then I am inavle to launch some app. I have done same step as before other custom ROm and successful pass safetynet. But fail in this ROM.
    The ROM pass Safetynet and is certified by default.
    Use Magisk Canary to check.
    Is the ROM stable for daily use ? What are the bugs in this ROM ?
    No bugs. Yes it is stable & an excellent daily driver for Poco F1

I am hearing a crackling sound whenever the notification sounds, no problem with the phone ringtone. Anyone else facing this issue?
    Yes there is a sound. I didn't notice earlier. It's only with the notification sound only. Elsewhere it is fine. Probably a lag in sound.

AaoFHgU.png

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    HDR
    Widevine L1

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 11, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-11-28
    Last Updated 2021-04-19
    Why there's no face unlock and status bar customizations and also an option to hide full screen gesture bar as well and make all app fullscreen?? Request to add those in the next build, thanks and I appreciate the efforts you devs putting into this device. Thank you again have a great life ahead and god bless you.
    I recommend use the Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures Magisk module for fullscreen apps.
    The wait is over! PixelExperience Plus for Beryllium is finally out along with Face Unlock, March Security Patches and stuff.

Check the changelog here: https://lakshay.wtf/posts/pixelexperience_plus-beryllium-march-update/

Cheers!
    Lakshay
    STEPS TO FLASH PIXEL EXPERIENCE 11 📲

Notes:
    Firmware and Vendor are already included in the ROM, no need to flash them.
    Doesn't matter from which ROM are you coming from, even if you previously was in PE 10, you need to Format Data. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost during formating, so take backup of your personal files]

CLEAN INSTALLATION ⚡
    1. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build on the Internal Storage or to your external SDCard
    2. Download, flash and reboot to latest Official TWRP and do the steps:
    Steps without external SDCard:
    • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
    • Flash ROM > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    Steps with external SDCard:
    • go to Advanced > File Manager > External_SD and delete all folders in ur ext sd card (For example you should delete: Android, .android_secure, LOST.DIR, DCIM, etc) except your personal files/folders and the folder with your custom ROM/Gapps/Magisk/DFE you want to flash.
    • Select Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Flash ROM > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    DIRTY INSTALLATION (MANUALLY UPDATE TO LATEST BUILD)💾
    1. You must already be on Pixel Experience 11
    2. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build
    3. Reboot to latest Official TWRP and Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Vendor, Cache.
    4. Flash the ROM > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    5. Reboot and Enjoy!
    Note: If you encounter any kind of issue with dirty installation, try clean installation before reporting the issue.

OTA UPDATE INSTALLATION 🤖
    Go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update

PIXEL EXPERIENCE STANDARD VS PLUS EDITION 📱
    Pixel Experience Standard Edition
    Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

Pixel Experience Plus Edition
    All Standard edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    System
    • Partial screenshot
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart

Note:
    These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.

Guide by @Retrial
    hi,. What's the difference standard / plus? thanks
    Pixel Experience Standar Edition
    Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

Pixel Experience Plus Edition
    All Standart edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    System
    • Partial screenshot
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart

Note:
    These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone