[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2021/06/22]

Search This thread
Jul 2, 2018
no problem here. dont report issue with magisk mods or custom kernel. If issue persist, clean flash format data
I have not used any mod or custom kernel.
The things I have done,
1. Unlocked my bootloader.
2. Installed TWRP recovery.
3. Installed PE Plus latest build.
I have done nothing else with my phone, I use it myself and I don't game in my phone, just use WhatsApp, Facebook, and other misc apps. I am just tired with the battery issue, I had no battery issue when I was using stock miui 12.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
I have not used any mod or custom kernel.
The things I have done,
1. Unlocked my bootloader.
2. Installed TWRP recovery.
3. Installed PE Plus latest build.
I have done nothing else with my phone, I use it myself and I don't game in my phone, just use WhatsApp, Facebook, and other misc apps. I am just tired with the battery issue, I had no battery issue when I was using stock miui 12.
Check my POCO F1 Ultimate Collection & Guides and make sure you did a proper clean installation according my Guide. Then follow the guide to make a Battery Calibration.

skvelocity

Jan 6, 2017
Hello there,
I'm interested in installing Pixel Experience on my Poco F1, currently running on Stock firmware Android 10, MiUI 12.0.3. Is the ROM rooted out of the box? because some apps may fail to work in case it does.

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
Hello there,
I'm interested in installing Pixel Experience on my Poco F1, currently running on Stock firmware Android 10, MiUI 12.0.3. Is the ROM rooted out of the box? because some apps may fail to work in case it does.
No.. it's not rooted out of the box.. not even decrypted out of the box..
You will get a pure Android experience like on Pixel devices.

skvelocity

Jan 6, 2017
Hey @Krisranger thanks for the reply! So, even if I root my device which I'll have to while installing TWRP, will it be unrooted automatically when I install PE 11?

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
Hey @Krisranger thanks for the reply! So, even if I root my device which I'll have to while installing TWRP, will it be unrooted automatically when I install PE 11?
who told you that you have to root for installing twrp.. I never flashed magisk in my life.
You don't need to root for unlocking bootloader and installing twrp.
If you are a beginner then Guides you need to follow:
1. Unlock bootloader
2. Install Twrp
3. Clean Flash Rom

Rooting is not in the list at all

skvelocity

Jan 6, 2017
who told you that you have to root for installing twrp.. I never flashed magisk in my life.
You don't need to root for unlocking bootloader and installing twrp.
If you are a beginner then Guides you need to follow:
1. Unlock bootloader
2. Install Twrp
3. Clean Flash Rom

Rooting is not in the list at all
I was actually watching a youtube tutorial where it stated that the recovery would be overridden by the stock one if you don't flash magisk, but I wasn't really sure how it would be.
I think the point is to get into TWRP using ADB tools, and then flash TWRP to "recovery" and magisk doesn't have anything to do with it.
Could you suggest me a tutorial or something to follow along?

Last edited:

Krisranger

Jul 24, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
I was actually watching a youtube tutorial where it stated that the recovery would be overridden by the stock one if you don't flash magisk, but I wasn't really sure how it would be.
I think the point is to get into TWRP using ADB tools, and then flash TWRP to "recovery" and magisk doesn't have anything to do with it.
Recovery will gonna replace only if you boot into Miui again. But here in Pixel Experience case I am assuming that the first thing you will gonna do right after installing the recovery is to clean flash the pixel Experience zip that means you will not have Miui anymore so recovery will stay there if you reboot into pixel experience.

guhvanoh

If you're on memeui and flash recovery you have to flash Magisk otherwise it will revert to memui recovery.
If you have PE, there's no need to flash Magisk if you don't want it.

skvelocity

Jan 6, 2017
Recovery will gonna replace only if you boot into Miui again. But here in Pixel Experience case I am assuming that the first thing you will gonna do right after installing the recovery is to clean flash the pixel Experience zip that means you will not have Miui anymore so recovery will stay there if you reboot into pixel experience.

If you're on memeui and flash recovery you have to flash Magisk otherwise it will revert to memui recovery.
If you have PE, there's no need to flash Magisk if you don't want it.

Thank you so much for your replies, I'll give this a shot!
One last question, how much should I care about DFE?

Anderconsu

Apr 1, 2017
I was having some issues searching for an app on the playstore and turns out it's because safetynet doesn't pass. I've uninstalled magisk via TWRP but it doesn't pass safetynet either. Any suggestions?
edit: i've resolved it uninstalling some apps and clearing data from google and playstore

Last edited:

guhvanoh

Thank you so much for your replies, I'll give this a shot!
One last question, how much should I care about DFE?
If you're encrypted you shouldn't, you don't need it. If you're decrypted, i.e. not encrypted, immediately after flashing a rom and before rebooting you have to mount the vendor partition and flash DFE. IMO DFE is not worth the trouble it causes when forget to flash it. One thing to note is that being encrypted means you can flash using OTA. It's what I use and I've never had any problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AaoFHgU.png

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    HDR
    Widevine L1

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 11, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-11-28
    Last Updated 2021-06-22
    STEPS TO FLASH PIXEL EXPERIENCE 11 📲
    Notes:
    Firmware and Vendor are already included in the ROM, no need to flash them.
    Doesn't matter from which ROM are you coming from, even if you previously was in PE 10, you need to Format Data. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost during formating, so take backup of your personal files]
    CLEAN INSTALLATION ⚡
    1. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build on the Internal Storage or to your external SDCard
    2. Download, flash and reboot to latest Official TWRP and do the steps:
    Steps without external SDCard:
    • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
    • Flash ROM > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    • [Optional] If you want to root, reboot once again to TWRP Recovery and flash Magisk (you need to download it again if you previously had it in Internal Storage) then reboot to system and enjoy!
    Steps with external SDCard:
    • go to Advanced > File Manager > External_SD and delete all folders in ur ext sd card (For example you should delete: Android, .android_secure, LOST.DIR, DCIM, etc) except your personal files/folders and the folder with your custom ROM/Gapps/Magisk/DFE you want to flash.
    • Select Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Flash ROM > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    • [Optional] If you want to root, reboot once again to TWRP Recovery and flash Magisk then reboot to system and enjoy!
    DIRTY INSTALLATION (MANUALLY UPDATE TO LATEST BUILD)💾
    1. You must already be on Pixel Experience 11
    2. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build
    3. Reboot to latest Official TWRP and Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Vendor, Cache.
    4. Flash the ROM > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    5. Reboot and Enjoy!
    Note: If you encounter any kind of issue with dirty installation, try clean installation before reporting the issue.
    OTA UPDATE INSTALLATION 🤖
    Go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update
    GOOGLE CAMERA PORTS & UNIVERSAL STOCK CAMERA UNINSTALLER & ANXCAMERA 📷
    MAGISK ROOT SOLUTION 🧙‍♂️
    PIXEL EXPERIENCE STANDARD VS PLUS EDITION 📱
    Pixel Experience Standard Edition
    Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures
    Pixel Experience Plus Edition
    All Standard edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    • Per-app volume control
    System
    • Partial screenshot
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    • App Lock
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Power menu customizations
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart
    Note:
    These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.
    Guide by @Retrial
    Why there's no face unlock and status bar customizations and also an option to hide full screen gesture bar as well and make all app fullscreen?? Request to add those in the next build, thanks and I appreciate the efforts you devs putting into this device. Thank you again have a great life ahead and god bless you.
    I recommend use the Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures Magisk module for fullscreen apps.
    The wait is over! PixelExperience Plus for Beryllium is finally out along with Face Unlock, March Security Patches and stuff.

Check the changelog here: https://lakshay.wtf/posts/pixelexperience_plus-beryllium-march-update/

Cheers!
    Lakshay
    hi,. What's the difference standard / plus? thanks
    Pixel Experience Standar Edition
    Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

Pixel Experience Plus Edition
    All Standart edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    System
    • Partial screenshot
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart

Note:
    These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.