• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2021/06/22]

Search This thread

Jaras6794

Jul 3, 2018
In order to update my system do I need to do a complete wipe?
I did just click the install update in the settings, it rebooted to twrp, installed the update and then it's stuck on a loop going back to twrp. Can't reboot back to the system.

Edit. Nevermind, I'm stupid and blind. I forgot I installed DFE at some point. Ignore all that ^ Reinstalling DFE fixed everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: n0i2

Uliaoth

Jul 9, 2020
Hello again,

I have a problem with an app that did work flawlessly like, a month ago but it crash when i try to open it right now. The weird problem is that i didn't update anything nor installing any other app since the related app was working.

Here's my logcat : https://pastebin.com/5KuTZ2R3

I see a "FATAL EXCEPTION" but i have absolutely no idea what is causing this error.

Hello again,

I have a problem with an app that did work flawlessly like, a month ago but it crash when i try to open it right now. The weird problem is that i didn't update anything nor installing any other app since the related app was working.

Here's my logcat : https://pastebin.com/5KuTZ2R3

I see a "FATAL EXCEPTION" but i have absolutely no idea what is causing this error.
Maybe caused by a disabled app permission. Try enable this app permissions.

absinth84

Jan 4, 2010
Anyone has an issue with face unlock and IR camera.. It seems the ir cam doesn't starts the ir led and the image is dark

javhusin3

Feb 3, 2011
I had some random reboots immediately after disconnecting the charger, found out battery saver is the one causing that issue. It works normally without battery saver turned on.

Also the face unlock remains in lock screen after successful authentication, which was fixed by increasing screen timeout option in display settings.

Notification light constantly blinking was also fixed after disabling battery saver option. I'll give a spin few more days.

Donny.x

Jun 7, 2015
Hello. İ need vowifi. So anybody active vowifi with PDC (from QPST tool) ? İ active vowifi in settingd but nothing happened. No icon.

CatBug

Oct 18, 2014
I always do a clean flash. And just replaced my battery. I did the battery calibration but it seems there was no issue (100% after booting the device).
Only curious thing I noticed from the stats is that the phone lasted very long indicating last 3% of battery life, it's also visible at the graph (sorry that it's not in English). Better Battery Stats did not work for me, it says no data are available despite providing all permissions, waiting long period of time and refreshing.
After calibration I am already at 90% with 10 minutes SOT again :cry: So my last option is changing kernel or full wipe (and maybe changin the ROM while at it). But I did full wipe when installing June update of PE+11...
About my battery issues, it seems it's even getting worse.
Here are the screenshots of battery usage: https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6fRaZqkezZwAtxk8
The first one shows that when I tried to take the photo at cold temperature with the flashlight at 60% of battery, the phone turned off and when I booted it again, battery was like 25% down. The charging speed also seems quite fast to me but not sure. On the second screenshot, the phone turned off with 30% battery left. I plugged it in the charger and it immediately showed 50%. What do you guys think? To me it really seams as if the new battery was faulty. I have another one from the same seller but dunno whether it's worth trying it...

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
About my battery issues, it seems it's even getting worse.
Here are the screenshots of battery usage: https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6fRaZqkezZwAtxk8
The first one shows that when I tried to take the photo at cold temperature with the flashlight at 60% of battery, the phone turned off and when I booted it again, battery was like 25% down. The charging speed also seems quite fast to me but not sure. On the second screenshot, the phone turned off with 30% battery left. I plugged it in the charger and it immediately showed 50%. What do you guys think? To me it really seams as if the new battery was faulty. I have another one from the same seller but dunno whether it's worth trying it...
Your Battery probably is fault. Try to find a good battery.

HatMan22

Oct 8, 2017
Dharan
Do anyone having problem with mic not working in recorder and messenger lite? I had this problem for a few days but I didn't notice since it was working fine in call (cellular). After I noticed the problem I clean flashed latest PE+ in my POCO F1. Microphone was working fine after than. Now after a day it again stopped working.

Do anyone having problem with mic not working in recorder and messenger lite? I had this problem for a few days but I didn't notice since it was working fine in call (cellular). After I noticed the problem I clean flashed latest PE+ in my POCO F1. Microphone was working fine after than. Now after a day it again stopped working.
Try to boot into safe mode and check whether mic is working properly....if you don't run into any issue then any app you installed might be causing the issue. If issue persists even in safe mode may be it's a hardware issue...

Dec 7, 2021
can anyone please help me.

im using PE Plus. I left it charging and when im about to use it, it restarted again and again. Tried everything, even install new custom rom but all i got is only the animation on the start then reboot bootloop starting again. cant even force shut down my phone it keeps on rebooting.

rare times i got to the setup part then somewhat it will restart again. then bootloop on the animation part will happen again non stop..

please help me. ty.

m1steron

Feb 5, 2017
Hi all,

Got a really strange problem. I recently changed network and ported my number from Three UK to Voxi (Vodafone UK).
I now have an issue where by all incoming calls are displayed as 'Unknown' with no name or number.
I've tried a factory reset both in Settings and TWRP, and installed varoius versions of this ROM.
Any ideas?

Dec 7, 2021
can anyone please help me.

im using PE Plus. I left it charging and when im about to use it, it restarted again and again. Tried everything, even install new custom rom but all i got is only the animation on the start then reboot bootloop starting again. cant even force shut down my phone it keeps on rebooting.

rare times i got to the setup part then somewhat it will restart again. then bootloop on the animation part will happen again non stop..

please help me. ty.
now it only boots to system when connected to charger. but when its not connected, it will only force reboot bootloop again and again.

javhusin3

Feb 3, 2011
I was in stock rom everything was fine, after flashing this custom rom(with magisk&xposed), I got several random restarts, suddenly my device went into bootloop.

Tried reverting back to stock rom, still it restarts randomly. I think my battery got defective. :(

Potonggadu

Jun 16, 2019
Does doing a clean install reset or tinker with how battery is charged? It used to charge at 1200-1600mA below 40C, after clean install 2765mA 44.5C. Readings obtained with Accubattery. A full charge will probably revert it back to slower and cooler charging. Is it some kind of implementation to extend battery life?

Dec 7, 2021
I was in stock rom everything was fine, after flashing this custom rom(with magisk&xposed), I got several random restarts, suddenly my device went into bootloop.

Tried reverting back to stock rom, still it restarts randomly. I think my battery got defective. :(
same case to me. all is well before i flashed it. now never ending bootloop even im in stock rom now.

does yours normally boot when connected to the charger, and wont if not connected also?

thanks!

Top Liked Posts

How can i install pixel recovery over orange fox
    First flash latest Official TWRP and after flashing PE, TWRP will be replaced by PE Recovery.
    Soo i can use recovery image that are showing with PE in download menu
    You will get PE Recovery automatically by flashing the PE A12 ROM but first u need to be in Official TWRP. So first switch to TWRP and then clean install PE ROM, using the instructions here.
    Because the official post from pixel experience is not for realme 7
    Your device has Mediatek chipset inside it. Mediatek does not reveals it's source code to the public. Always buy a popular Phone with Snapdragon chipset only if you want to enjoy custom ROMs.
    can't wait for PE 12 🤩
    I followed the guide for clean install but I couldn't make it boot up. I was every time stuck at pixel logo. I tried the guide as is , I tried with dfe and without formatting data. None of those worked. I am now running awaken os A12 which had more "simple" clean installation instructions and had an extra step with magisk before first boot. I am asking because I will probably turn to pe A12 when it is out.
    Sorry if the post is big.
    I think it's the most explained and simpler guide working 100%. I couldn't make it simpler.

There is no need to do anything with Magisk for any ROM to work. For people who want to root I suggested to flash Magisk after first boot to avoid some possible bootloops as some users in some ROMs encountered.

You probably doing something wrong. Make sure you format data and type yes (not just wipe). The ROM force encryption by default, while AwakenOS it isn't.

AaoFHgU.png

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    HDR
    Widevine L1

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 11, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-11-28
    Last Updated 2021-06-22
    Why there's no face unlock and status bar customizations and also an option to hide full screen gesture bar as well and make all app fullscreen?? Request to add those in the next build, thanks and I appreciate the efforts you devs putting into this device. Thank you again have a great life ahead and god bless you.
    I recommend use the Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures Magisk module for fullscreen apps.
    STEPS TO FLASH PIXEL EXPERIENCE 11 📲
    Notes:
    Firmware and Vendor are already included in the ROM, no need to flash them.
    Doesn't matter from which ROM are you coming from, even if you previously was in PE 10, you need to Format Data. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost during formating, so take backup of your personal files]
    CLEAN INSTALLATION ⚡
    1. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build on the Internal Storage or to your external SDCard
    2. Download, flash and reboot to latest Official TWRP and do the steps:
    Steps without external SDCard:
    • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
    • Flash ROM > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    • [Optional] If you want to root, reboot once again to TWRP Recovery and flash Magisk (you need to download it again if you previously had it in Internal Storage) then reboot to system and enjoy!
    Steps with external SDCard:
    • go to Advanced > File Manager > External_SD and delete all folders in ur ext sd card (For example you should delete: Android, .android_secure, LOST.DIR, DCIM, etc) except your personal files/folders and the folder with your custom ROM/Gapps/Magisk/DFE you want to flash.
    • Select Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Flash ROM > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    • [Optional] If you want to root, reboot once again to TWRP Recovery and flash Magisk then reboot to system and enjoy!
    DIRTY INSTALLATION (MANUALLY UPDATE TO LATEST BUILD)💾
    1. You must already be on Pixel Experience 11
    2. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build
    3. Reboot to latest Official TWRP and Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Vendor, Cache.
    4. Flash the ROM > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    5. Reboot and Enjoy!
    Note: If you encounter any kind of issue with dirty installation, try clean installation before reporting the issue.
    OTA UPDATE INSTALLATION 🤖
    Go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update
    GOOGLE CAMERA PORTS & UNIVERSAL STOCK CAMERA UNINSTALLER & ANXCAMERA 📷
    MAGISK ROOT SOLUTION 🧙‍♂️
    PIXEL EXPERIENCE STANDARD VS PLUS EDITION 📱
    Pixel Experience Standard Edition
    Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures
    Pixel Experience Plus Edition
    All Standard edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    • Per-app volume control
    System
    • Partial screenshot
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    • App Lock
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Power menu customizations
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart
    Note:
    These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.
    Guide by @Retrial
    The wait is over! PixelExperience Plus for Beryllium is finally out along with Face Unlock, March Security Patches and stuff.

Check the changelog here: https://lakshay.wtf/posts/pixelexperience_plus-beryllium-march-update/

Cheers!
    Lakshay
    hi,. What's the difference standard / plus? thanks
    Pixel Experience Standar Edition
    Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

Pixel Experience Plus Edition
    All Standart edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    System
    • Partial screenshot
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart

Note:
    These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.