[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2021/06/22]

Search This thread

Maheswar Sahoo

There is something seriously broken in this ROM, how can it be that everyone keeps telling people with poor battery life to change their batteries?

The CPU will only ever run at FULL THROTTLE. It's either 1.7/2.8 GHz or deep sleep, there is almost no in-between.

How can I fix that? Which kernel can I use instead of this broken built-in one? Or do I have to go back to PE 10?
THe RoM is Awesome.. Its just that Battery has been going OLD

Maheswar Sahoo

Hello friends, I have a problem in this ROM and it is that the proximity sensor works erroneously. The mobile sometimes thinks I'm on a call without being, and when they call me the screen doesn't turn on and it also happens to me that when I'm at the desk or in an app like YouTube and I pass my hand over the proximity sensor, the screen turns off. . How can I solve that?
Dirty flash else clean flash else hardware issues

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
I'm using the Optimus Drunk Kernel (flashed via FKM and not recovery, otherwise you may end up in a bootloop). The governor I've set to ondemand for both CPU and GPU.
Optimus Drunk Kernel lack of performance and have some jitters compared to Etude (stock kernel of PE). However it's stable and up-to-date.
The stock kernel of PE is trying to achieve a balance between performance, stability and battery.

Reactions: mantlabs

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
"trying to" ≠ "succeeding to"
Optimus Drunk losing in perfomance and have jitters (always compared to Etude) so you can say the same for it, but well for the most users Etude succeeding this balance. However if you are happy with other kernels you are free to use them, but you will not get any support from the team if you encounter any issue.

trashbytes

Oct 15, 2010
plus.google.com
Optimus Drunk losing in perfomance and have jitters (always compared to Etude) so you can say the same for it, but well for the most users Etude succeeding this balance. However if you are happy with other kernels you are free to use them, but you will not get any support from the team if you encounter any issue.
Yes, I know. I'm fine with that for now. I was sceptical at first as well, but it was instantly and noticeably better. Your mileage may, of course, vary.

Reactions: ArthurDayne

Oliver O'Sullivan

Aug 4, 2006
Cork
FWIW, with a clean flash of the latest PE my battery life was absolutely dismal, and identical after flashing NGK from recovery, but Optimus Drunk Kernel flashed with SmartPack has at minimum doubled both screen-on time and absolute battery life

Reactions: timbuctoo

timbuctoo

FWIW, with a clean flash of the latest PE my battery life was absolutely dismal, and identical after flashing NGK from recovery, but Optimus Drunk Kernel flashed with SmartPack has at minimum doubled both screen-on time and absolute battery life
Thanks for this update. I'm switching to OD as well. Did you flash the kernel from TWRP, or from the Smart Pack app (never used this, I've been using FK kernel manager app)?

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
Yes, I know. I'm fine with that for now. I was sceptical at first as well, but it was instantly and noticeably better. Your mileage may, of course, vary.

Let the ROM settle and do couple of battery charging circles before you judge.
Thanks for this update. I'm switching to OD as well. Did you flash the kernel from TWRP, or from the Smart Pack app (never used this, I've been using FK kernel manager app)?
Last full charged 21hours ago, 6h and 23min SOT with 31% battery left. That means I will get 9-10hours SOT until the battery is empty. The usage was normal without gaming. The battery is the original ~3years old.
I can't find where is the problem with stock kernel really but anyway... 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-103710_Ρυθμίσεις.png
    Screenshot_20211114-103710_Ρυθμίσεις.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Reactions: mantlabs

Oliver O'Sullivan

Aug 4, 2006
Cork

Last full charged 21hours ago, 6h and 23min SOT with 31% battery left. That means I will get 9-10hours SOT until the battery is empty. The usage was normal without gaming. The battery is the original ~3years old.

I used it from release until around two weeks ago.

ezantera

Jan 23, 2011
Why so low 3d score in every benchmark? CPU is OK but 3d is very low. Even lower then stock miui 9. And temperatures higher then stock. Silvercore kernel, seshstation, nogravity are have similar cpu core but 3d much higher. I am talking about stock frequencies, no overclocked gpu.

deathztm

Nov 15, 2021
Hi, can this pixel mod enable flashlight function when all the camera modules are removed?

Miui has once fixed that issue of camera in use and allow flashlight to be operated independently. Any idea if pixel experience rom can be fixed for this?

Currently Torch is disabled showing Camera in use.

trashbytes

Oct 15, 2010
plus.google.com

I did, I switched to Optimus Drunk after giving the stock kernel more than a week to prove itself. And given the fact that I had to charge it multiple times a day I'd say the amount of charging cycles was enough for it to "settle". Didn't improve at all. If anything it got worse as the time went on, until I flashed the other kernel.

The last time I charged my phone was roughly 2 days, 6 hours ago (according to BetterBatteryStats).
Since then I've streamed music on Spotify for ~1.5 hours (with the screen off) and used it for ~4.5 hours browsing reddit, watching YouTube, chatting with friends, a few phone calls and managing a bit of crypto.

I keep Bluetooth, WiFi, LTE, GPS on all the time. Location history and auto-sync are enabled at all times as well. The screen is always set to max brightness and I don't have any underclocks going on. So it's basically the worst case scenario. Just now did I get the 15 % battery alert.

I'd say that beats ~15 hours of standy time.

Reactions: timbuctoo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AaoFHgU.png

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    HDR
    Widevine L1

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 11, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-11-28
    Last Updated 2021-06-22
    STEPS TO FLASH PIXEL EXPERIENCE 11 📲
    Notes:
    Firmware and Vendor are already included in the ROM, no need to flash them.
    Doesn't matter from which ROM are you coming from, even if you previously was in PE 10, you need to Format Data. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost during formating, so take backup of your personal files]
    CLEAN INSTALLATION ⚡
    1. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build on the Internal Storage or to your external SDCard
    2. Download, flash and reboot to latest Official TWRP and do the steps:
    Steps without external SDCard:
    • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
    • Flash ROM > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    • [Optional] If you want to root, reboot once again to TWRP Recovery and flash Magisk (you need to download it again if you previously had it in Internal Storage) then reboot to system and enjoy!
    Steps with external SDCard:
    • go to Advanced > File Manager > External_SD and delete all folders in ur ext sd card (For example you should delete: Android, .android_secure, LOST.DIR, DCIM, etc) except your personal files/folders and the folder with your custom ROM/Gapps/Magisk/DFE you want to flash.
    • Select Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Flash ROM > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    • [Optional] If you want to root, reboot once again to TWRP Recovery and flash Magisk then reboot to system and enjoy!
    DIRTY INSTALLATION (MANUALLY UPDATE TO LATEST BUILD)💾
    1. You must already be on Pixel Experience 11
    2. Download Pixel Experience Normal or Plus latest build
    3. Reboot to latest Official TWRP and Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Vendor, Cache.
    4. Flash the ROM > Magisk [Optional] > DFE [Optional - Not Recommended]
    5. Reboot and Enjoy!
    Note: If you encounter any kind of issue with dirty installation, try clean installation before reporting the issue.
    OTA UPDATE INSTALLATION 🤖
    Go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update
    GOOGLE CAMERA PORTS & UNIVERSAL STOCK CAMERA UNINSTALLER & ANXCAMERA 📷
    MAGISK ROOT SOLUTION 🧙‍♂️
    PIXEL EXPERIENCE STANDARD VS PLUS EDITION 📱
    Pixel Experience Standard Edition
    Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures
    Pixel Experience Plus Edition
    All Standard edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    • Per-app volume control
    System
    • Partial screenshot
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    • App Lock
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Power menu customizations
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart
    Note:
    These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.
    Guide by @Retrial
    Why there's no face unlock and status bar customizations and also an option to hide full screen gesture bar as well and make all app fullscreen?? Request to add those in the next build, thanks and I appreciate the efforts you devs putting into this device. Thank you again have a great life ahead and god bless you.
    I recommend use the Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures Magisk module for fullscreen apps.
    The wait is over! PixelExperience Plus for Beryllium is finally out along with Face Unlock, March Security Patches and stuff.

Check the changelog here: https://lakshay.wtf/posts/pixelexperience_plus-beryllium-march-update/

Cheers!
    Lakshay
    hi,. What's the difference standard / plus? thanks
    Pixel Experience Standar Edition
    Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

Pixel Experience Plus Edition
    All Standart edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    System
    • Partial screenshot
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart

Note:
    These are almost all features of the plus version. This list may change with new updates.