[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0] CarbonROM | cr-9.0

Search This thread

mutaman

Jun 27, 2014
Excellent work
I hope Asus helps the developers to port Armoury crate and makes the air trigger works in custom ROMs.
They are too slow with updates. And this phone will get 2 major updates.

Jeff88malaquias

Nov 1, 2018
Paranaguá
A new update is available to download:

+ Feb security patch​
+ Fingerprint working​
+ Lockscreen clock options​
+ Initial CarbonFibers addition​
+ Gesture settings​
+ Statusbar options [qs pulldown, qs rows, and column customization]​
+ Lockscreen options [media art, charging info]​
+ Buttons settings​
+ Aggressive battery​
+ Many miscallenous fixes​

Please report if any issues, here or in telegram chat.
Enjoy! : )
Hi @kazerine , sorry to ask about OTA, do you intend to keep upgrading?

vinotux

Apr 3, 2021
I am on the latest update from Asus but its android 10 not 11, will I be able to install carbon ?, sorry for my ignorance if this has been answered before, cheers guys.
you'd have to downgrade (previously, I did it with the unbrick tool where it would put the phone in an ASUS state or something) and then update the firmware to the required firmware version as mentioned by the rom developer (UL-ASUS_I003_1-ASUS-17.0823.2012.122-1.1.86-user) through adb sideload in the recovery mode.

Keep in mind you'll have to unlock the bootloader, flash the firmware to both the A and B slots and that armoury crate will be unavailable as long as you are using this rom (no more air triggers until you flash the stock rom).

Reactions: vtec303

vtec303

you'd have to downgrade (previously, I did it with the unbrick tool where it would put the phone in an ASUS state or something) and then update the firmware to the required firmware version as mentioned by the rom developer (UL-ASUS_I003_1-ASUS-17.0823.2012.122-1.1.86-user) through adb sideload in the recovery mode.

Keep in mind you'll have to unlock the bootloader, flash the firmware to both the A and B slots and that armoury crate will be unavailable as long as you are using this rom (no more air triggers until you flash the stock rom).
Thank you for the info, bootloader is unlock with twrp, downgrading isn't a problem just flash in twrp, for crate there's a magisk module which puts all asus apps hopefully that will help, just want to try out aosp 11, cheers

kazerine

Dec 30, 2017
New Update available for download https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693806170

+ May security Patch
+ Updated blobs from UL-ASUS_I003_1-ASUS-17.0823.2102.143-1.1
+ Selinux Enforcing
+ Fod improvements
+ Font Engine
+ Multi sim ringtone option
+ Expandable volume panel, configurable on left/right side
+ Full Carbon Fibers integration
-> System [ advanced reboot, Aggressive battery, Smart pixels, App scaling]
->Status bar [ Sb icon options, volte/vowifi/4g icons, QS pull down, QS rows/columns configuration, clock and date option, battery styles]
-> Lockscreen [ LS shortcuts, scrambled pin layout, LS media art and charging info, disable qs on ls]
-> Buttons [ navbar layout, screen-off playback control, volume button swap]
-> Gestures settings for system, tap and swipes.

Many more improvements and fixes.

As we are nearing to the official release, it would be very helpful if bugs are reported with proper logs or steps to reproduce it : )

join us at >> https://t.me/CarbonROMChat

Flash and Enjoy!!

ryu091

Oct 14, 2012
is the accessories like the below mention is working?
  1. Rog Kunai 3 Gamepad
  2. Mobile Desktop Dock
  3. Twinview Dock 3

alpha2016

Aug 6, 2017
hello, i just want to ask strange error when going back to stock rom. I used RAW file as usual but after flashing all the file without any problem i got message at the end like "erase successful but not automatically formatting" and 'file system type raw not supported'. Is there any way to get back to stock rom?

kazerine

Dec 30, 2017
Official weekly builds are starting from today....

New build available: https://get.carbonrom.org/device-obiwan.html
Latest carbon recovery from here. https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=321901

Coming from unofficial builds clean flash will be required. Please follow the flashing instructions mention in this post#2

If any issues/trouble let me know.

Join us on telegram CarbonROMChat

Enjoy : )
Bugfix release is rolling out addressing the issue of setup wizard crash with gapps and microg support.

alpha2016

Aug 6, 2017
Bugfix release is rolling out addressing the issue of setup wizard crash with gapps and microg support.
hello, I was using carbon since may and when I flashed RAW firmware to get back to the og rom, I went into bootloop. I think this is the same bug as reported on linege os 18.1.
+ should I flash persist img to get back to factory rom?

kazerine

Dec 30, 2017
hello, I was using carbon since may and when I flashed RAW firmware to get back to the og rom, I went into bootloop. I think this is the same bug as reported on linege os 18.1.
+ should I flash persist img to get back to factory rom?
have to tried to reflash the raw image?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    720p_7.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server and Telegram chat! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quick responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Please keep bug reports to this thread or Discord.

Download Latest ROM
    Download Latest Recovery
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Join the CarbonROM Telegram Group
    GitHub
    Kernel Source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Donate to CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19.x
    ROM Firmware Required: UL-ASUS_I003_1-ASUS-17.0823.2104.147-1.1.95-user
    Based On: AOSP
    SELinux: Enforcing
    How to flash? [check for latest rom and recovery links in op]
    --> Boot carbon recovery
    --> Flash ROM zip
    --> Flash Gapps (optional) [Mindthe gapps or opengapps]

Volte working?
    Yes. Set preferred network mode as LTE.
    New Update available for download https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693806170

+ May security Patch
    + Updated blobs from UL-ASUS_I003_1-ASUS-17.0823.2102.143-1.1
    + Selinux Enforcing
    + Fod improvements
    + Font Engine
    + Multi sim ringtone option
    + Expandable volume panel, configurable on left/right side
    + Full Carbon Fibers integration
    -> System [ advanced reboot, Aggressive battery, Smart pixels, App scaling]
    ->Status bar [ Sb icon options, volte/vowifi/4g icons, QS pull down, QS rows/columns configuration, clock and date option, battery styles]
    -> Lockscreen [ LS shortcuts, scrambled pin layout, LS media art and charging info, disable qs on ls]
    -> Buttons [ navbar layout, screen-off playback control, volume button swap]
    -> Gestures settings for system, tap and swipes.

Many more improvements and fixes.

As we are nearing to the official release, it would be very helpful if bugs are reported with proper logs or steps to reproduce it : )

join us at >> https://t.me/CarbonROMChat

Flash and Enjoy!!
    Nice ROM, request to update Status Bar icon option in Next release.
    Keep up the great work.

Carbon Fibers, our custom feature fragment is still WIP. That will bring all the custom features carbon has to offer, soon...
    A new update is available to download:

+ Feb security patch​
    + Fingerprint working​
    + Lockscreen clock options​
    + Initial CarbonFibers addition​
    + Gesture settings​
    + Statusbar options [qs pulldown, qs rows, and column customization]​
    + Lockscreen options [media art, charging info]​
    + Buttons settings​
    + Aggressive battery​
    + Many miscallenous fixes​

Please report if any issues, here or in telegram chat.
    Enjoy! : )