[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0]dot-OS v5.0-POCO X3[surya/karna][18.04.2021]

Search This thread

Zeper

Jan 5, 2018
I've tried to install this ROM and went ok, but then for the Gapps or Nikgapps I can't manage to get it working :/

MLDamazigh

Mar 25, 2015
Kabylia
You have a great ROM for me it's one of the best for POCO X3 but there is one bug that makes me mad, the camera recording sometimes has no sound, sometimes i record 10 sec but when i try to play the video it shows 45 minutes or 2 hours and the video freezes while sound countinue playing.
Unfortunately there is no support from your side, i isked questions on this forum and on telegram groupe but no one seems to reply to me, so i decided to change to another custom ROM for now, maybe DotOS 5.1 will fix this issue.
thank you.

caqo71

Apr 11, 2011
Santiago
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Wich firmare are you trying?, I'm on 12.0.7 R, but ROM doesn't boot, y reboot to Recovery. Installed ROM, and after a reboot to recovery, installed Gapps, but then reboot bring me back to recovery.

SIKSOF

May 16, 2021
Wich firmare are you trying?, I'm on 12.0.7 R, but ROM doesn't boot, y reboot to Recovery. Installed ROM, and after a reboot to recovery, installed Gapps, but then reboot bring me back to recovery.
try surya_fw_vendor_V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM_55e3f4d_10.0 . its works for me

ramnoob

Sep 14, 2014
lahore
You have a great ROM for me it's one of the best for POCO X3 but there is one bug that makes me mad, the camera recording sometimes has no sound, sometimes i record 10 sec but when i try to play the video it shows 45 minutes or 2 hours and the video freezes while sound countinue playing.
Unfortunately there is no support from your side, i isked questions on this forum and on telegram groupe but no one seems to reply to me, so i decided to change to another custom ROM for now, maybe DotOS 5.1 will fix this issue.
thank you.
Which rom have you switched to? How is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

ramnoob

Sep 14, 2014
lahore
I tried Arrow OS and now i am on Pixel Experience Plus, both are good enough and the camera works great with these two roms without any issue especially with anxcamera 2.5 by konsumeri (even long exposure works with this version of anxcamera)
I am on arrow and have encountered multiple reboots randomly and every now and then videos on social media becomes glitch until i restart my phone, other than that I'm cool with the rom. Does pixel experience have this issue? Also how active is pixel experience's developer? Does it get OTA?

MLDamazigh

Mar 25, 2015
Kabylia
I am on arrow and have encountered multiple reboots randomly and every now and then videos on social media becomes glitch until i restart my phone, other than that I'm cool with the rom. Does pixel experience have this issue? Also how active is pixel experience's developer? Does it get OTA?
I am now on Pixel Experience Plus and i don't have that issue. it's just working fine.
i have flashed this rom a few days ago and i don't know how active is the rom's developer.the last version is from April 19.

Reactions: ramnoob

ramnoob

Sep 14, 2014
lahore
I am now on Pixel Experience Plus and i don't have that issue. it's just working fine.
i have flashed this rom a few days ago and i don't know how active is the rom's developer.the last version is from April 19.
Hey, btw does this rom uses the pixel launcher or its own? And if pixel launcher, does it gets updated with playstore?

Juanpapm

May 28, 2020
Which one do you recommend for gaming/Instagram, DotOS, Corvus OS, or which one? I’m on .EU rom. I would like that it does not use much battery and that it does not get too hot. And which kernel? I also use a lot of NFC and payments, so I would need this to work.

ramnoob

Sep 14, 2014
lahore
I tried Arrow OS and now i am on Pixel Experience Plus, both are good enough and the camera works great with these two roms without any issue especially with anxcamera 2.5 by konsumeri (even long exposure works with this version of anxcamera)
Hi, can you share link to this camera? Do i need root for this? I dont want safety net fails. Btw i swirched to arrow's latest build (OSS + A11), can't seem to flash this rom, any ideas why? xD

ramnoob

Sep 14, 2014
lahore
No lag for me. BTW i am on PixelExperience+ version.
Hey sorry to disturb again but since you are using the rom, could you confirm if it has the now playing feature? Also arrow has a visual bug where even if phone is charging it says slow charging, does this rom has the same bug too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.0

Device: Poco X3

Maintainer: thepsambit & CHRISL7

Build Status: OFFICIAL

banner_discl.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH :

Download the latest build and GApps

Reboot to recovery

Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary)

Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik

Flash the latest build and GApps

Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :

Download the latest build

Reboot to recovery

Flash the latest build

Wipe Cache

Reboot

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

SourceForge

banner_features.png

Code:
    [LIST]

New and refreshed UI

New Customization app (previous named as DotExtras)

Accent Overlay & RGB Picker

Edge Lightning

Battery Styles

Battery Percentage Styles

Clock Customization

Traffic Indicator

Battery Light Customizations

QS Tiles title toggle

QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)

QS Rows & Columns Customization

New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews

FOD recognition color picker

Screen-Off FOD

Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)

New Theme Manager

Overlays based Accent Picker

Material Palette Accent Picker

Smart Accent Picker (find automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for light theme and vice-versa)

Fonts, Icon Packs and Icon Shapes picker

Other Extra Features

Hold power to torch

Double tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep

Double tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)

Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)

Volume Panel position switch (right or left)

Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)

Pocket Mode - avoid scree touches while the phone is in your pocket

Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)

Lockscreen Media toggle

Built-in Launcher Grid control

MicroG support

[CENTER]

[/LIST]

banner_credits.png

DotOSteam

AOSP

Pixel Experience

Dirty Unicorns

And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer

Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator

Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Shreehari Vaasistha L - Developer/Maintainer [/SIZE]

Special thanks:

Aswin - Graphics Designer

ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer

Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information

dotOS, ROM for Poco X3

Contributors: Psambitk1 & CHRISL7

Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

Kernel Source:: https://github.com/GZR-Kernels/Optimus_Drunk_Surya

ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

ROM Kernel: 4.14.x

ROM Firmware Required: Must be On latest Firmware

Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Current Stable Version: v5.0.1

Stable Release Date: 24-02-2021​
    Just sharing the proccess I did to get it working:
    - Flash stock 12.0.8 trough MiFlash on PC;
    - Install OrangeFox Recovery;
    - Reboot to recovery;
    - Wipe Data - yes;
    - Wipe Caches;
    - Reboot to recovery;

OPTIONAL:
    (in this part, I had a really big problem, cause my computer wasn't recognizing FTP anymore. Everytime I rebooted to recovery, it showed the device connected, but I could not do anything like copy or create anything)
    Here is how I solved this part:
    - Rebooted to system;
    - MIUI boot screen showered up, so I quickly rebooted to recovery;
    - Now my computer recognized my device properly;
    END OF OPTIONAL

- Flash ROM (mine was with gapps);
    - Reboot to system;

OBS:
    (in this part, my phone kept rebooting to recovery all the time)
    Here is how I solved:
    - Once in recovery, wipe Data again;
    - Reboot to System;
    - Done!

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm learning by myself)
    (I hope I can help at least one person with difficulties)
    Help. Stuck on recovery when try to flash DoT OS 5.1
    Already follow said step by step but I got recovery bootloop
    For those who after upgrading to 5.1.3 having wifi problem, cannot boot, storage encrypted, etc. Rest assure, follow this step:
    1) Download this latest R Firmware and this DFE place it in ext sdcard or OTG
    2) Boot to recovery (i'm using OFOX), if asking for password, enter your device pin/password otherwise just leave it blank and enter
    3) Backup your things on internal sdcard and FORMAT your data partition. NOT WIPE. after that, reboot to recovery again
    4) Flash this in order { R Firmware -> DFE -> ROM -> Magisk (optional) -> Reboot to System }

This step worked flawlessly in my case.

Still this update feels unstable, random lag sometimes appear , KCAL not working, and the scrolling experience feel laggy, i'm personaly reccomend to not update to this version.
    Hi, can you share link to this camera? Do i need root for this? I dont want safety net fails. Btw i swirched to arrow's latest build (OSS + A11), can't seem to flash this rom, any ideas why? xD
    1. Here is the link :
    2. For root i flashed anxcamera through Magisk which needs root acces (i havn't tried flashing it through recovery)
    3. i use PE+ and SafetyNet passes, so there is no problem with this.
    4. Try to flash stock MIUI ROM then flash the rom because PE+ it's not OSS based.