• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][OnePlus 7T Pro] DotOS [AOSP]

Search This thread

SohrabHamza

Mar 26, 2017
sohrabhamza.itch.io
OnePlus 7T Pro
Lovely ROM.
Only a few issues that keep me from using it.
1) No OP camera. Please consider adding this in future builds.
2) The fingerprint scanning area is smaller than what it should be. (I think because most ROMS just use the op7(p) implementaion) (Should be ~1.4mm rather than the 1.1mm currently) Believe me, this makes a difference. This is the reason why OOS and some other ROMS (like Havoc OS have such good scanning speeds).

The ROM is amazing visually but these two things majorly stop me from using it daily.
Thanks and I appreciate the effort!

kostasntamas

Sep 3, 2014
Lovely ROM.
Only a few issues that keep me from using it.
1) No OP camera. Please consider adding this in future builds.
2) The fingerprint scanning area is smaller than what it should be. (I think because most ROMS just use the op7(p) implementaion) (Should be ~1.4mm rather than the 1.1mm currently) Believe me, this makes a difference. This is the reason why OOS and some other ROMS (like Havoc OS have such good scanning speeds).

The ROM is amazing visually but these two things majorly stop me from using it daily.
Thanks and I appreciate the effort!
same thing, I love this ROM but op camera and fingerprint sensors fails make me to go back to OOS

Freed0m_

Jul 17, 2019
Minnesota
Hi, I'm currently trying to use this rom on a Oneplus 7T Pro 5G McLaren edition. The recovery installs fine, but after I install the system zip and boot into it, it triggers Qualcomm CrashDump Mode within a few seconds of boot. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug? Also I'm using the vanilla build and am not sure how to get the logcat (I can boot into recovery and bootloader but not really the system).

Hw4ng3r

Hi, I'm currently trying to use this rom on a Oneplus 7T Pro 5G McLaren edition. The recovery installs fine, but after I install the system zip and boot into it, it triggers Qualcomm CrashDump Mode within a few seconds of boot. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug? Also I'm using the vanilla build and am not sure how to get the logcat (I can boot into recovery and bootloader but not really the system).
Did you flash both slots with latest firmware before flashing DotOS? Typically a crashdump is a firmware issue.

Freed0m_

Jul 17, 2019
Minnesota
Did you flash both slots with latest firmware before flashing DotOS? Typically a crashdump is a firmware issue.
The first time I used the zip which is provided on the lineage os guide to do so, which resulted in the crashdump (I didn't update to latest firmware though). Thinking that the zip was the issue because it wasn't mentioned on the DotOS guide it reset to stock with the unbrick tool and did it again, this time not using the zip but updating to latest OOS and encountered the problem again. I'll try again updating to latest OOS and using the zip.

Freed0m_

Jul 17, 2019
Minnesota
After trying to update to latest OOS and using the zip which flashes OOS to both slots, it still boots into the system and then immediately crashes to the "Qualcomm CrashDump Mode" screen.

Freed0m_

Jul 17, 2019
Minnesota
After trying to update to latest OOS and using the zip which flashes OOS to both slots, it still boots into the system and then immediately crashes to the "Qualcomm CrashDump Mode" screen.
I just installed lineage os immediately after the events of my previous post (without resetting) and that fixed the problem, I'm pretty sure it's a DotOS problem. I did notice that Lineage OS put me through the setup process while DotOS just dropped me onto the home screen.

Freed0m_

Jul 17, 2019
Minnesota
Did you flashed gapps after the Rom?
No
Edit: I do notice that I had some issues with connectivity in lineage os, the lineage os thread said that's because the mclaren edition is "hotdogg" and not "hotdog." I do feel a little peeved, as the thread was posted in "OnePlus 7T Pro (Regular & McLaren) ROMs & Dev." I also read somewhere that Qualcomm CrashDump Mode is caused by the modem crashing, so perhaps these things are linked (I saw Lineage OS in the credits).

Last edited:

hamvaspeter

Sep 11, 2012
OnePlus 7T Pro
I can not sideload Nikgapps on vanilla, and I can't sideload any kernel, flashing stops with status 1 or 127. I don't know what the problem is, I ended up flashing the gapps build, works fine. How can I update the kernel?
I could not flash magisk directly, I had to patch the boot.img. It worked but I don't understand

Last edited:

Hw4ng3r

I can not sideload Nikgapps on vanilla, and I can't sideload any kernel, flashing stops with status 1 or 127. I don't know what the problem is, I ended up flashing the gapps build, works fine. How can I update the kernel?
I could not flash magisk directly, I had to patch the boot.img. It worked but I don't understand
Patching boot is the official recommended method to gain root via Magisk.

You can flash custom kernel using FKM or EXKM

Reactions: manny18pr

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
Something's wrong. I tried to go from PE to DotOS and got stuck in bootloop by following the simple steps of adb sideload. Then I MSMed back into OOS, updated to latest OOS11 and then tried again, this time through the payload bin method and flashed all the .img files on both slots and set active a. It took me to Qualcomm Crashdump mode.

Edit: I flashed the LineageOS recovery btw and it didn't work.

Edit 2: Nvm, I tried to sideload again via ADB, while facing the crashdump mode, it worked after that :|

Last edited:

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
Amazing ROM so far, love the fact that you can disable nav bar but for some reason my preferences for Gboard doesn't seem to be working like haptic feedback, keyboard height etc.

FOD works for me quite well and the Moto dolby mod is great; better than nothing but it's not quite Oneplus Stock Dolby for the speakers.

One thing I was really happy to see was the newer version of Google Assistant. Not a big fan of the built in music app, but okay, it's my personal preference.

Would've loved to see OPCam but you can actually use this awesome GCam build that I found specifically for OP 7 series devices:-

If you also install download the first config file and update it on the app, you'll get 4k 60 fps video recording and pretty good colors, though they're not as accurate as what I've seen on the Pixel.

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
Continuing on the theme of audio issues, speaker output can be quiet, sometimes when making a call on telegram, the call is so quiet, and I can only fix it by restarting my phone. I had the same issue with LineageOS, so whether this is an issue with the OOS firmware, I've no idea.
True, experiencing the same. Volume through voice calls are pretty low through the earpiece.

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
So a few things that I came across for feedback @mohancm

1. Waking device on and off is inconsistent, sometimes the screen will not wake up, it's as if the phone is switched off, I'd have to try multiple times or wait like 10 secs approx. and try again for it to work (have not had it happen with other ROMs) 😐

2. Screen response becomes a bit weird and unresponsive while on calls. Sensor doesn't work properly, like for eg. if I have to look at something while on a call, it won't turn on as soon as I take it away from my ear (makes me feel like the sensor isn't working or something), would have to again press the power button to wake it and then it's locked, so I have to unlock it again. 😐

3. Moto Dolby is great and really glad that it's included but sometimes it just won't work, it would stop working for speakers and the earpiece and then I'd have to restart the device for it to start working again. This is a little annoying especially if I'm taking voice calls through the earpiece, the sound from the other side is very low.

4. Very bad idle drain, reckon it's got to do with the kernel.

5. LiveDisplay profile resets back to Standard despite setting it to Natural, if I go to settings it will say Natural but it's clearly not visually, so I'd have to set it again for it to work 🙁

6. Max brightness could be better honestly, but then again it's the same thing with many Custom Roms, they're not nearly as bright as OOS.

7. One minor thing with the alert slider. Switching it to Silent gives a slight vibration feedback to indicate the change in profile whereas there is nothing when it's switched to Vibration mode, I think it should be the other way around right?

Last edited:
Reactions: lastsurprise

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before u switch
    1: No OOS camera
    2: OnePlus gaming mode is too good

FYI: Try derpfest
    I spoke with the developer and they have said that they're trying to include oos cam in the new build whenever it releases.
    That sucks tbh. Was planning on flashing, changed my mind.
    I see that 5.2 is out for our device. Can we update thru the update manager built in the Rom? Or dirty flash with recovery?
    They said clean flash recommend but dirty flash is ok.
    Updater will not work.
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.1.3

Device: hotdog
    Maintainer: mohancm
    Build Status: OFFICIAL

banner_discl.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM that focuses on performance, stability, and User Experience. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get the most out of your device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH/First Time Installation :

Download the latest build (Both Vanilla [Non-gapps] and Gapps builds are available)
    First Make sure recovery is installed. [Use the recoveryimage which is linked in downloads section]
    Reboot to recovery
    Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary, but just in case if you lost somewhere)
    Perform Factory Reset/Format
    Choose - Apply update from ADB
    then sideload the lastest build - adb sideload latest-Build.zip
    package sideloads till 47% and reboots back to recovery.
    now, Reboot to System

DIRTY FLASH :
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build
    Wipe Cache
    Reboot

If you're coming from Stock OxygenOS - check here

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

Website -
    https://www.droidontime.com/hotdog
    Use Recovery - download

banner_features.png

Complete Changelogs: https://changelogs.droidontime.com/

banner_credits.png

AOSP
    Lineage OS
    Pixel Experience
    Dirty Unicorns

And all other open-source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
    Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer
    Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:
    Manish Bajpai
    - Web Developer

Important Links

If you liked our Project, please consider supporting us. - Donate - https://www.paypal.me/MOHANCM

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources
    telegram.png

Telegram Group
    Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

Downloads page

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a LOGCAT!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

Contributors: * Mohan C M *
    Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
    Kernel Source: - https://github.com/dotOS-Devices/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150
    ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

Version Information
    STABLE
    Current Stable Version: v5.1.3
    Stable Release Date: 09-08-2021
    DotOS 5.1.1 hotfix is released now and builds are available for hotdog with June Security patches. Go through the blog to find out more.

Blog - https://blog.droidontime.com/blog/june-hotfix-release-2021-1

Rom side changelogs: https://changelogs.droidontime.com/

Device side changelogs:
    - DotOS recovery is available now, which is signed with our private keys and works best for our official builds.
    - Switched data partition to F2FS
    - OTA is fixed now [ you'll receive OTA when there is new build is available]
    - Add support for OnePlus IFAA [Oneplus Payment method]
    - Some FOD improvements.
    - Added Motorola Dolby.
    - underhood improvements.

Download link : https://www.droidontime.com/hotdog

Happy Flashing!!

Note: it is recommended to use our recovery if you face any issues with installation.
    DotOS 5.1.3 is released now and builds are available for a hotdog with August Security patches. Go through the blog to find out more.

Blog - https://blog.droidontime.com/blog/august-release-2021-hotfix

Rom side changelogs: https://changelogs.droidontime.com/

Device side changelogs:
    - Device Settings added, in which Customize Vibration intensity and alert slider Customizations
    - Vibration Intensity Improvements
    - Device Audio Output Improvements
    - Brightness Improvements
    - Device is more smother than previous builds :D

We are working on DotOS 5.2 Feature update, keep an eye on what's coming - 😉

Download link: https://www.droidontime.com/hotdog

Happy Flashing!!

Note: it is recommended to use our recovery if you face any issues with installation.
    Before u switch
    1: No OOS camera
    2: OnePlus gaming mode is too good

FYI: Try derpfest
    I spoke with the developer and they have said that they're trying to include oos cam in the new build whenever it releases.
    **reserved**