[ROM][OFFICIAL][11.0][STABLE][ginkgo/willow] Pixel Experience

do you like it ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

The singer

• Apr 18, 2021
    Just flashed last update. Installed a non MGC gcam to fix the issue and Ryzen Kernel to fix fast charge. Everything working smooth getting around 2 hs SOT with 70% battery remaining from full charge
    Non MGC gcam mean...
    Which gcam comes pre-installed?
    Have u tried havoc os? Is it better than that

jaysongaray

Oct 16, 2013
    cucuta
    thanks for the rom for your constant work
    but my phone ran out of baseband and without wifi I'm trying to reinstall miui 12 to see if it solves, previously I had os 17.1 lineage soon that's why

if someone can give me a hand I would appreciate

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020
    Just curious: Size of PE+ ROM for ginkgo/willow is 1.37 GB from Build 20210315, but it is 1.88 GB from Build 20210417.

Is there any reason behind the significant increase in ROM size?

Who knows, the GPL'd sources are not published so no one knows what he put in there.

All I know is that it should be 1.43-.1,46GB depending on what is included.

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020
    View attachment 5250393

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth/Audio
    Fingerprint reader
    Sound / vibration
    DT2W

Known issues
    You tell.

How to flash
    Flash Latest Ten firmware
    Wipe system
    Wipe Vendor
    Format Data
    Flash ROM
    Reboot

Telegram Group
    Link

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Link

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    pixel-experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T

Contributors
    iamsaalim
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_xiaomi_ginkgo

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Ten firmware.
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Beta Release Date: 2021-03-13

Created 2021-03-15
    Last Updated 2021-03-15
    So that linked kernel source is NOT the one used to build the kernel that is shipped with the current version of this ROM.

The singer

• Apr 18, 2021

Mine works fine, I can't tell what he's done since the kernel sources are not published at all (GPL violation but do mods care, only sometimes).

MiCam works perfectly for this ROM and all sources are available at https://github.com/Jennova-technologies including the "required" GPL sources that apparently are only required for some.
    How to download this micam

DragonX256

Feb 4, 2018

Mine works fine, I can't tell what he's done since the kernel sources are not published at all (GPL violation but do mods care, only sometimes).

MiCam works perfectly for this ROM and all sources are available at https://github.com/Jennova-technologies including the "required" GPL sources that apparently are only required for some.
    Man, are you okay? This PE uses QuickSilver kernel, which is definitely have a link on a Github and even forked by user you specified in your message.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hey guys, i'm about to install this rom (plus version) this saturday (just waiting for the bootloader unlock time) and i have some doubts. Is wifi 5ghz working normally? i've saw many people having problems with the range of the signal that the phone is able to search. Now on miui i have no problema conecting to my 5ghz signal. Also, the battery duration is better or worse than miui's?
      For me, it is better than miui with battery, because there are no tons of bloatware. With 5g wifi everything is stable too like it should be. Wery satisfied with this rom for now, the phone feels like Google Pixel
      No mi sound stuff
      Which TWRP should I use when installing this rom?
      I used orange fox. Had no issues
      Which TWRP should I use when installing this rom?
      I used Orange Fox but the phone entered in bootloop after the Google logo. I solved by cleaning all from twrp and by using adb sideload (with the adb option of Orange Fox) in order ti install pe.
      Great rom, but as expected and warned wifi have low range, battery drops 3% with device in stand by (but when using constantly I've noticed an improvement on battery duration) and TikTok crashes after a while. Despite this everything works perfectly!!
      1615785682437.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T

What is this?
      Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
      Wifi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth/Audio
      Fingerprint reader
      Sound / vibration
      DT2W

Known issues
      You tell.

How to flash
      Flash Latest Ten firmware
      Wipe system
      Wipe Vendor
      Format Data
      Flash ROM
      Reboot

Telegram Group
      Link

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
      Link

Translation
      Help with project translation

Stay tuned
      Our Telegram channel
      Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
      pixel-experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T

Contributors
      iamsaalim
      Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_xiaomi_ginkgo

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Ten firmware.
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information
      Stable
      Beta Release Date: 2021-03-13

Created 2021-03-15
      Last Updated 2021-03-15
      Thread cleaned

Please be friendly to each other and also respectful.
      Keep the thread on topic 👍

If you have bugs, report them to the dev with logs etc. and contribute to make the rom bug-free.
      If you don't want to contribute, use it as it is and say at least thanks to the dev who provided his work freely here on XDA:) The dev owes you absolutely nothing and you're not his customer cause you did not pay him.

This manner of posting is not tolerated.

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES especially those:

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

If you come across this just hit the report button and let the mods handle it, do not respond or become part of such a discussion.

Regards!

strongst
      Forum Moderator
      I installed this fantastic rom a week ago. The first day the phone suddenly restarted 2 times, but in the rest of the week I have not had any more problems. It is a super stable and light rom. The included camera works, but I have installed the Gcam 8.1 and it looks great. Without a doubt, an installation that has completely changed my experience with the phone. Thank you very much to all of you who make this possible.

PD: Installed in a Redmi Note 8 (4/64) global with Snapdragon (Global).

Icono de Validado por la comunidad
      Weird, I was told I had to do at least two months of unoffical stable releases after producing five months of code that worked perfectly for every version and here you are without a proper working camera and you still got official?

No wonder this ROM only gets maintained a month at a time.
      Camera works very fine for everyone, it's a issue from his side and don't worry I don't plan on dropping maintainership this early
      Awesome ROM. In combination with BSG's 8.1 GCAM is the best pixel 5 mod you can find.

I only had a problem with fast charge on a Chinese gingko, solved it by flashing ryzen kernel:

MOD EDIT: Link Removed
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone