Format data or use unofficial twrpI had successfully unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP. After flashing the latest build the device is encrypted and asks for a password every time I reboot the device & when I open the TWRP it also asks for a password to decrypt. So is there any way to remove the encryption?
Have you msn8917 or msm8937 variantI got a new X00PD (ZB555) and I wanted to try putting this rom on it out of the box. I have done:
1) Unlocked bootloader via Asus apk
2) Booted into fastboot and flashed unofficial TWRP
3) Rebooted into TWRP.
4) Flashed twrp in twrp (I wasn't sure if this was needed or not)
5) Rebooted into recovery
6) Wiped dalvik, system, cache, data
7) Flashed Pixel Experience. TWRP says it was successful.
Here is where I have a problem. On reboot its a boot loop.
I've tried flashing this rom now 4 times, keeps giving me a boot loop. I just booted into fastboot and reflashed TWRP and then tried to flash the rom from there, still boot loop.
I have questions:
1) Did I do things right?
2) Could the message on TWRP's site have something to do with this "This device uses dm-verity! This means that swiping to allow system modifications will prevent you from being able to boot if you are using the stock kernel."? I never got a request to allow system modification.
3) Yikes, what do I do now?