Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Downloaded and flashing now to test
Dont be dissapointed if i revert back to 10, i had issues with the 1st build of stock 11 (i havent tried the 2nd build), and ive seen others have them too

So dont take it personally if it doesnt pan out :)

Heres how i installed (much like most ROMS)

With the following in platform tools folder (unless you have your adb and fastboot in path) and at command prompt:

1) rom.zip (renamed from its longer name to make flashing easier)
2) twrp.img (renamed from its longer name to make flashing easier)
3) magisk.zip (renamed from its longer name to make flashing easier)

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot twrp.img

On device: wipe usual partitions &/ delete /sdcard/Android folder

push rom.zip /tmp
adb shell twrp install /tmp/rom.zip
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot twrp.img
push magisk.zip /tmp
adb shell twrp install /tmp/magisk.zip
adb reboot system

Setup ROM.....all good so far

Install full Magisk Manager (only stub appears from flashing zip) and reboot for full Magisk

Only gripes so far:

1) As with all ROMs ive ever seen with inbuilt G-Apps: Wheres Gmail? Annoying....
2) Be preprared for pretty much every app to need an update out of the box....needs more recent G-Apps cooked in if possible

Last edited:

SwimDrewid

Jul 27, 2010
Atlanta
www.adultswim.com
Downloaded and flashing now to test
Dont be dissapointed if i revert back to 10, i had issues with the 1st build of stock 11 (i havent tried the 2nd build), and ive seen others have them too

So dont take it personally if it doesnt pan out :)

Please let us know your thoughts and experience whether you continue to run this build out revert to 10 - thank you!

RealCaracas

Jan 13, 2013
Madrid
Great ROM definitely will stay here ??.... Maybe you should add more features in next builds like the possibility to hide the navbar without having to root (I only root because of this)
Just one question (I'm curious) why the name is Pixel 5a? @Lunarixus

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
@Lunarixus

I suspect youre using the device name Pixel 5a to pass SafetyNet out of the box?

I would personally rather it was left at original values (Pixel 2/XL) and then use MagiskHide Props Config to change the fringerprint to Pixel 2/XL Android 11 to pass SafetyNet (as with every other custom Pixel 2/XL ROM 10 ive tested with post-October security patches (Pixekl 2 XL - Android 10), that way its still recognised as a Pixel 2/XL, but maybe thats just me :)

I mean, i get it, less faffing about for users, but well, its not for me personally - ive just used MagiskHide Props Config to change it back to Pixel 2XL - Android 11

Last edited:

Lunarixus

Dec 24, 2018
London
@Lunarixus

I suspect youre using the device name Pixel 5a to pass SafetyNet out of the box?

I would personally rather it was left at original values (Pixel 2/XL) and then use MagiskHide Props Config to change the fringerprint to Pixel 2/XL Android 11 to pass SafetyNet (as with every other custom Pixel 2/XL ROM 10 ive tested with post-October security patches (Pixekl 2 XL - Android 10), that way its still recognised as a Pixel 2/XL, but maybe thats just me :)

I mean, i get it, less faffing about for users, but well, its not for me personally - ive just used MagiskHide Props Config to change it back to Pixel 2XL - Android 11

The stock Pixel 2 XL fingerprint has an older platform security patch level so it won't pass on a newer ROM (in this case the stock FP is October and my ROM is November)

So I use Pixel 5a as the device name to keep Safetynet in BASIC mode and I user the Pixel 5 fingerprint to have a newer security patch fingerprint.

So no, using Pixel 2 XL as stock is not an option anymore.

supergenio2

Apr 30, 2009
madrid
excellent, I would prefer the rom like this, I had a problem with my jabra helmets, for a moment it is heard with jumps, but then well, another thing, for my curious, I have seen that in google photos, the unlimited storage in original photos It does not have an expiration date, it will always be like this, like the first pixels?

Lunarixus

Dec 24, 2018
London
excellent, I would prefer the rom like this, I had a problem with my jabra helmets, for a moment it is heard with jumps, but then well, another thing, for my curious, I have seen that in google photos, the unlimited storage in original photos It does not have an expiration date, it will always be like this, like the first pixels?

Yes, it uses the first Pixels permission to make that happen so it will be indefinitely unlimited.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
The stock Pixel 2 XL fingerprint has an older platform security patch level so it won't pass on a newer ROM (in this case the stock FP is October and my ROM is November)

So I use Pixel 5a as the device name to keep Safetynet in BASIC mode and I user the Pixel 5 fingerprint to have a newer security patch fingerprint.

So no, using Pixel 2 XL as stock is not an option anymore.

All custom ROM's ive tested on the post-October security patch will pass SafetyNet with MagiskHid eProps Config, setting it to Pixel 2/XL and choosing Android 10 fingerprint. It passes in basic mode, without forcing basic mode....

Anyways this is a moot point for me as im heading back to Android 10 as this seems to have the same as yet unfixed issue with battery usage, it dropped dramatically on idle after i went to sleep last night, chewing through through battery. Your mileage may vary.

Lunarixus

Dec 24, 2018
London
All custom ROM's ive tested on the post-October security patch will pass SafetyNet with MagiskHid eProps Config, setting it to Pixel 2/XL and choosing Android 10 fingerprint. It passes in basic mode, without forcing basic mode....

Anyways this is a moot point for me as im heading back to Android 10 as this seems to have the same as yet unfixed issue with battery usage, it dropped dramatically on idle after i went to sleep last night, chewing through through battery. Your mileage may vary.

I'm not forcing people to root to have a device name changed.

RealCaracas

Jan 13, 2013
Madrid
Hello!! Been using for couple of days, everything is great! Battery isn't still stable yet but that's normal in initial setups.
I'm just missing one thing (for now): Add cards to power menu is not possible... Can you please add it to next build? Thanks! @Lunarixus

EDIT: The option is there, didn't see it till today!

Last edited:

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• I'm not forcing people to root to have a device name changed.

good luck with this one, been there, done that, not again, certain users like to make things more complicated than they need to be but fail to read the "whys" things are the way they are (like in this instance of taimen no longer supported) then argue back. thanks for the awesome ROM and all the work you do for us throughout the years! I appreciate it!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.