• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][11] ArrowOS [VANILLA/GAPPS][AOSP]

Search This thread

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
I updated my firmware to the latest, flashed this ROM, then booted into it once. Then I rebooted into recovery and flashed GApps (Nik / Core). I started downloading and installing my apps from the Play Store. However, MS Office and WeChat actually failed to download halfway through and refused to install. Not sure why this was the case but I suspect it should be related to GApps (and not the ROM), especially as A11 GApps doesn't seem to play nice.

Does anyone have similar issues with other apps? For now, I've returned to A10 Unofficial LOS as it was very stable, although the ROM hasn't been updated in 6 months (not a big issue for me personally but having the latest security patch would be nicer).
Just use the gapps build

plakonn

Mar 20, 2017
Lenovo A7000
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Is there anyone who have trouble to connect OTG drive? I have 128gb USB drive formatted from previous rom
It says "problem with medium USB" it ask me to format it but its never done cause it says its already in use... (in settings/storage its says "usb / exfat - damaged")
Formatting from windows did not helped

fishy_500

Jan 28, 2020
Is there anyone who have trouble to connect OTG drive? I have 128gb USB drive formatted from previous rom
It says "problem with medium USB" it ask me to format it but its never done cause it says its already in use... (in settings/storage its says "usb / exfat - damaged")
Formatting from windows did not helped
MIne as well, it has problems. Need to format to FAT32. It looks like this ROM only supports FAT32 for USB storage devices.

plakonn

Mar 20, 2017
Lenovo A7000
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
MIne as well, it has problems. Need to format to FAT32. It looks like this ROM only supports FAT32 for USB storage devices.
I dont understand it that much... but i have 128gb drive that can not be formatted to fat32 as far i know... Now im using exfat (formatted from other phone) and the rom is able to read it... So i guess only the app that take care about formatting do not work (or i have some app conflict that results in "usb already in use" error during formatting)
I did not realise it before but TWRP advanced wipe can also be used to format USB and fix that problem (or use windows drive repair utility that sometime helped me even without formatting edit: now win utility did not help me)

jimsters

Apr 13, 2021
hi

I hope its okay if i post this here? if not, im sorry.

Im looking to buy this phone.

Can i check the following are working properly in this rom before i buy the phone?

Ive seens a few issues with these and just want to check they are now 100% working.

1. VoLTE - if it doesnt work propertly i wont buy the phone / use this rom.

2. 128mb camera - is there an app that uses this properly? this is one of the reasons im buying the phone.

3. battery useage issues? - i need the long battery time.

4. fast charge - i need this to work properly.

5. NFC / Google pay

thanks so much

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
hi

I hope its okay if i post this here? if not, im sorry.

Im looking to buy this phone.

Can i check the following are working properly in this rom before i buy the phone?

Ive seens a few issues with these and just want to check they are now 100% working.

1. VoLTE - if it doesnt work propertly i wont buy the phone / use this rom.

2. 128mb camera - is there an app that uses this properly? this is one of the reasons im buying the phone.

3. battery useage issues? - i need the long battery time.

4. fast charge - i need this to work properly.

5. NFC / Google pay

thanks so much
Not the worst place to ask I suppose :)

1. Works
2. Not really - BUT pixel binning exists so gcam can take advantage of the 108mpx sensor to take better photos. There is an unofficial port of ANX (MIUI cam) but that requires Magisk which I do not support.
3. Battery is fine
4. Fast charge works
5. Works

Reactions: jimsters

jimsters

Apr 13, 2021
Not the worst place to ask I suppose :)

1. Works
2. Not really - BUT pixel binning exists so gcam can take advantage of the 108mpx sensor to take better photos. There is an unofficial port of ANX (MIUI cam) but that requires Magisk which I do not support.
3. Battery is fine
4. Fast charge works
5. Works
awsome thanks for the info.

XperiaNoobie

Jan 12, 2014
Athens
Hey I am considering installing this ROM over the LineageOS18.1 I currently have. I have read through the comments of this thread but I could not find the answer to my question. I need VoWiFi to work for work purposes. Is VoWiFi and subsequently VoLTE supported? It is the main reason for me to swap from LOS18.1. Also, I'd like to know whether Face Recognition is supported.Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

fishy_500

Jan 28, 2020
Unable to pair properly with other devices via Bluetooth in the latest version (August 02).

adamkagdi

Oct 23, 2020
Disclaimer:
No bug support for custom kernel users
No bug support if you use magisk / modules
No bug support if you modify the ROM in any way
Post issues here, logs required - will see what I can do

Apollo AOSP Discussion Group - Telegram:

logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
ArrowOS
is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
PayPal (ArrowOS): Donate to us
Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
  • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
  • You tell me
Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
Format data is necessary after flashing official version (we switched to common device tree)

FIRMWARE

This firmware is mandatory to use with the ROM.

Recommended Recovery:
TWRP by Whyle:

Install Instructions:
1. Boot into the linked recovery (Whyle linked above)
2. Flash ArrowOS ROM zip
3. Flash firmware (linked above)
4. Format data (if you didn't have to type "yes", you didn't format data)
5. Reboot

If you install magisk or other mods, do not ask for support 👌

Screenshots
Thanks Martensite

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm8250-apollo
Device Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices

Credits:
- Ramisky for Apollo tree + kernel additions
- Zidan44 for PE tree/ SELinux base
- SebaUbuntu for sm8250 trees/ kernel
- Everyone who contributes to Apollo/ sm8250 development

Ramisky's credit list:
- akshat28 for helping from time to time most notably GCam.
- sebaubuntu for ACTUAL TREES.
- dyneteve for realizing ****ty accidental touch driver by Xiaomeme & helping fix it & way more and guidance, dyne-san.
- JerzyD for server, testing too.
- ahmed_tohamy for helping.
- ejbtrd for helping.
- Jack1Player for helping.
- D_F_ApolloPro for helping.
Do I need to wipe while installing or a format will work?

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
I have lineageos installed sooo still a format? Also can you give instructions on how to install it?
Join the telegram group linked at the top of the main post and then find the arrowOS group for better support

Everything is marked there as notes. XDA annoys the hell out of me limited my replies etc

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Sir, Why arrowos telegram group not exist?
Main group:

Apollo group:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    No bug support for custom kernel users
    No bug support if you use magisk / modules
    No bug support if you modify the ROM in any way
    Post issues here, logs required - will see what I can do

logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    PayPal (ArrowOS): Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD

FIRMWARE

Global firmware is mandatory for this ROM.

Recovery for OTA:
    Arrow Recovery: Gdrive link

Install Instructions:
    Start with unlocked bootloader and grab a PC with windows or linux, or mac if you're desperate

Download all files to your PC, not to device, place them in your platform-tools folder

1. Open CMD, and navigate to your platform-tools folder. then fastboot flash arrow recovery (file name may differ from example command)
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Then boot recovery
    Code:
    fastboot boot recovery.img

2. On device, navigate to "Apply Update" & select "Apply from ADB"

3. On PC, issue the command to sideload the ROM
    Code:
    adb sideload "name of file".zip
    Wait for it to complete. Stuck at 47% is normal as the process completes on device.

4. On device, navigate back to home screen (top left arrow) and find "Factory Reset"
    Factory reset the device, formatting data

5. Boot and enjoy

Dirty flashing:
    Just adb sideload the zip and reboot, that's all!

Tips:
    - if adb sideload fails, unplug and replug the device to PC and try again

If you install magisk or other mods, do not ask for support 👌
    I discourage mods, but zips can be sideloaded like the ROM if you need custom kernels etc

Screenshots
    Thanks Martensite

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices
    Device Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices

Credits:
    - Ramisky for Apollo tree + kernel additions
    - Zidan44 for PE tree/ SELinux base
    - SebaUbuntu for sm8250 trees/ kernel
    - Everyone who contributes to Apollo/ sm8250 development

Ramisky's credit list:
    - akshat28 for helping from time to time most notably GCam.
    - sebaubuntu for ACTUAL TREES.
    - dyneteve for realizing ****ty accidental touch driver by Xiaomeme & helping fix it & way more and guidance, dyne-san.
    - JerzyD for server, testing too.
    - ahmed_tohamy for helping.
    - ejbtrd for helping.
    - Jack1Player for helping.
    - D_F_ApolloPro for helping.
    Changelog:

Refer to https://arrowos.net/download/apollo for further changelogs.
    I must congratulate you @Dobsgw ! This ROM is the best I tested for Mi 10T Pro, with a little Kernel tweaking I achieved 709K on Antutu which is impressive, battery management is amazing and overnight it only spends ~1-2%, I have no bugs or glitches whatsoever, GCAM works for all the lenses and [email protected] without FC'ing, FP unlocking is blazing fast, NFC payments are working well, Magisk 23 runs stable but I didn't install any additional modules as I just used it to OC the GPU with Konabess, thermals(Under heavy usage: 37ºC Battery, 45-50ºC CPU, 50-55ºC GPU) are very good even though I overclocked the GPU @905Mhz. Please don't change anything, all that's needed for this ROM in the future is Android security patches updates. I will donate regularly so you can maintain this amazing project! (y)

Screenshot_20210623-092317.png