• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][11] ArrowOS [VANILLA/GAPPS][AOSP]

Search This thread

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Update:

Blocked upcoming OTAs for the Official builds.

Next build will move to newer encryption standard which requires data format. Backup and prepare for the next update

gamesky

Mar 2, 2011
Clean flash, stuttering on video playback on any apps on the latest build...will provide logs if im home later.

Ehein

Aug 26, 2021
The dual speakers won't work when I test the Ring & notification volume
Could this be fixed? Thanks

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Update 30/08/2021:

***Encryption has changed - format data when installing this build*** (FDE does not work)
- Switch to AES-256-XTS encryption
- Switch to QTI Bluetooth (thanks krasCGQ)
- Aptx adaptive & TWS working
- Enable dex2oat64
- Set dexpreopt to work as default android recommends
- Bump mic gain for video recording (gcam working)
- Enable QTI codec2 (thanks krasCGQ)
- Enable some wifi power savings
- Define stock charger sysfs node (all kernels will display fast charging with 33w charger)
- Move parts to system_ext
- Enable idle timer with kernel support
- Uprev Keymaster to 4.1 (thx krasCGQ)
- Fixed VoIP call sound issues
- Add libpermgr init by Ramii (better perf + battery)
- Update blobs from BSP

***Encryption has changed - format data when installing this build*** I will not warn again.

Use Arrow Recovery for best experience.

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
***Encryption has changed - format data when installing this build*** I will not warn again.

Use Arrow Recovery for best experience.

I did a full wipe and installation worked perfectly.

Now I am not being able to install updates anymore. Apparently TWRP is not able to decrypt the data.
I tried finding an Arrows OS recovery but I wasn't able to find one.

Does anyone happen to know how to solve that issue?

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
I did a full wipe and installation worked perfectly.

Now I am not being able to install updates anymore. Apparently TWRP is not able to decrypt the data.
I tried finding an Arrows OS recovery but I wasn't able to find one.

Does anyone happen to know how to solve that issue?
Check the OP

Jorgepalacio

Apr 14, 2018
Great initial build for A12, only missing the face unlock, and Android Auto crashes .... But great battery life and performance.

Keep going team!

r!dEr

Jul 19, 2009
Hi @Dobsgw ,

first of all I would like to thank you and your team for this great ROM! :)

Spent a lot of time reading which ROM to use for this device.
My main concerns was MIUI and its privacy/security stuff.
After reading the review of @danieleal in post #68 decided for this one. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-11-arrowos-vanilla-gapps-aosp.4251089/post-85225899). Thanks friend!

Now a little bit of review after 2 weeks of intensive use:
I came from MIUI (EU or GLOBAL?) v12.5.5, Installed it using Arrow Recovery and can only say good words about it. The thing is rock stable! It is very fluid and great to use. No reboots, Network, WiFi, Bluetooth, Sensors, GPS, ArrowOS Launcher and Screen Mirroring are working great in my case. Did not noticed major problems.
Only minor annoyance is DoubleTouchToWake - in some rare cases it is not waking up the phone, but it can be waked by pressing power button. After waking by power button it works again.
Config is ArrowOS v11.0 VANILLA from 9th October + microG.

The screen on time can go from 7-10 hours of usage on 4G+ and battery last for 2 days! Cannot see big difference between this ROM and MIUI. I think most complains about AOSP battery is not actually related to a ROM itself. It is due to the fact usage without Google services use more battery because apps have to keep it wake to get notifications. In my case this is happening when I install Signal without microG (but latest combination of microG/Signal is also not working - anyway probably not connected to the ROM itself). It seems Google did a really good job with battery optimization and its push service.

CAM - I use GCAM recommended by Danieleal. It is working great without additional config file. The 108 MP camera mode seems not to be present, but anyway this is not a minus point for me.
My 2 cents: if GCAM is not used in combination with Google Galery go to the Options->Advanced and enable "Use a third-party gallery".
The Camera Roll works great and gives the best feeling when scrooling through many pictures.

What I miss is the TextToSpeech engine without GAPPs. Ones without trackers are not very great (comparable to >10yrs old stuff). But it is up to user to install one he likes (IVONA is great).

Final impression is excellent. I recommend it for daily driver. Give it a try!
Backed to support this great work. :)

P.S. Is there any option to create a complete backup of ROM+apps like we use to do in good old times with TWRP?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    No bug support for custom kernel users
    No bug support if you use magisk / modules
    No bug support if you modify the ROM in any way
    Post issues here, logs required - will see what I can do

Apollo AOSP Discussion Group - Telegram:

logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    PayPal (ArrowOS): Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD

FIRMWARE

Global firmware is mandatory for this ROM.

Recovery for OTA:
    Arrow Recovery: Gdrive link

Install Instructions:
    Start with unlocked bootloader and grab a PC with windows or linux, or mac if you're desperate

Download all files to your PC, not to device, place them in your platform-tools folder

1. Open CMD, and navigate to your platform-tools folder. then fastboot flash arrow recovery (file name may differ from example command)
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Then boot recovery
    Code:
    fastboot boot recovery.img

2. On device, navigate to "Apply Update" & select "Apply from ADB"

3. On PC, issue the command to sideload the ROM
    Code:
    adb sideload "name of file".zip
    Wait for it to complete. Stuck at 47% is normal as the process completes on device.

4. On device, navigate back to home screen (top left arrow) and find "Factory Reset"
    Factory reset the device, formatting data

5. Boot and enjoy

Dirty flashing:
    Just adb sideload the zip and reboot, that's all!

Tips:
    - if adb sideload fails, unplug and replug the device to PC and try again

If you install magisk or other mods, do not ask for support 👌
    I discourage mods, but zips can be sideloaded like the ROM if you need custom kernels etc

Screenshots
    Thanks Martensite

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices
    Device Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices

Credits:
    - Ramisky for Apollo tree + kernel additions
    - Zidan44 for PE tree/ SELinux base
    - SebaUbuntu for sm8250 trees/ kernel
    - Everyone who contributes to Apollo/ sm8250 development

Ramisky's credit list:
    - akshat28 for helping from time to time most notably GCam.
    - sebaubuntu for ACTUAL TREES.
    - dyneteve for realizing ****ty accidental touch driver by Xiaomeme & helping fix it & way more and guidance, dyne-san.
    - JerzyD for server, testing too.
    - ahmed_tohamy for helping.
    - ejbtrd for helping.
    - Jack1Player for helping.
    - D_F_ApolloPro for helping.
    Changelog:

Refer to https://arrowos.net/download/apollo for further changelogs.
    I must congratulate you @Dobsgw ! This ROM is the best I tested for Mi 10T Pro, with a little Kernel tweaking I achieved 709K on Antutu which is impressive, battery management is amazing and overnight it only spends ~1-2%, I have no bugs or glitches whatsoever, GCAM works for all the lenses and [email protected] without FC'ing, FP unlocking is blazing fast, NFC payments are working well, Magisk 23 runs stable but I didn't install any additional modules as I just used it to OC the GPU with Konabess, thermals(Under heavy usage: 37ºC Battery, 45-50ºC CPU, 50-55ºC GPU) are very good even though I overclocked the GPU @905Mhz. Please don't change anything, all that's needed for this ROM in the future is Android security patches updates. I will donate regularly so you can maintain this amazing project! (y)

Screenshot_20210623-092317.png
    Apollo AOSP Discussion Group - Telegram: