[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] crDroid v7.11 for Samsung Galaxy S10E/S10/S10+

Search This thread

jean_michmich

Jan 8, 2019
Well no reply on that previous post but manage to reflash and everything works again. Anyways, I've been curious. Does anyone have any way to tell me how to flash the stock camera back into crdroid? I prefer it over open cam. Also, anyway to get Google assistant or Bixby properly working? Bixby refuses to do any work and google assistant has some limited functionality.
BixBy will not work with this ROM.
If You want BixBy to work you should flash a ROM based on "Samsung Android OS"

Tried flashing crDroid v7.13 to my Galaxy S10 via TWRP and now I'm stuck in a boot loop, unable to go beyond the unlocked bootloader warning. I cannot enter recovery or download mode, and cannot power down the device. I cleared the internal storage, cache and system prior to flashing; this is a clean install. Any ideas as to what's happening or what I can do?

Wait till you don't have battery anymore.
Then while you are pressing Volum Down Button + BixBy button + Power Button, connect the USB cable to the phone. The keep pressing on the buttons till you reach "Download mode".

But, very important :
The USB cable must be connected to a "simple electricity supply", to a "charger" i mean, not to a computer.

Did someone try the last release CrDroid 7.13 ? Is it working well ?

ioeg41

Apr 13, 2021
Hello, feedback a problem.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Install the "MAGISK-Alpha" version, patch "boot.img" restart can not enter the system, and ask the solution.

2) I hope to provide the "SELINUX" on / off button to improve compatibility.

expressluke

Hello, feedback a problem.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Install the "MAGISK-Alpha" version, patch "boot.img" restart can not enter the system, and ask the solution.

2) I hope to provide the "SELINUX" on / off button to improve compatibility.
1) you didnt read the install instructions, as it talks about you have to flash magisk boot image. You're not supposed to patch the boot image with magisk on this version.

2) you're not ever going to get a selinux toggle put in the rom. No rom will have that

Reactions: krkhaha

VenfefulRat

Nov 24, 2016
BixBy will not work with this ROM.
If You want BixBy to work you should flash a ROM based on "Samsung Android OS"

Wait till you don't have battery anymore.
Then while you are pressing Volum Down Button + BixBy button + Power Button, connect the USB cable to the phone. The keep pressing on the buttons till you reach "Download mode".

But, very important :
The USB cable must be connected to a "simple electricity supply", to a "charger" i mean, not to a computer.

Did someone try the last release CrDroid 7.13 ? Is it working well ?
I just ended up reflashing the rom and everything worked fine. But as great as the rom is, the overheating makes me worried from time to time. It gets really hot. I'm even running Franco kernel manager and cut my cpu down by half and it still gets really hot. That's without being charged. If I play any games while charging, my hands get cooked. Q

Reactions: jean_michmich

jean_michmich

Jan 8, 2019
I also finally switched to CrDroid 7.13.
I did the install "Over The Air" (CrDroid Settings - About CrDroid - Updates).
Everything works well.

@VenfefulRat : I don't know if your heating problems are due to the ROM or to the phone itself and the usage you do of your phone. Personnaly I use CrDRoid, because i like the "tweaks" it proposes and because it's google free. (no gaming, no movie on my side)

Reactions: krkhaha

Masterfoods

Nov 22, 2018
Late update. Ended up getting my S10 out of bootloop and installed CrDroid v7.13. I did not have a good experience; the only praise I can give is its better cellular connectivity . After about two weeks I uninstalled and have since used Lineage for MicroG, which works perfectly. Problems included:
  • Atrocious battery life, lasting only 5-6 hours. This was despite my phone being on standby for the vast majority of time, with no significant battery-draining background services running. I ended up having battery saver on full-time to last my 12-hour FIFO work days, which as I experienced, is not something that should be used regularly.
  • Couldn't install Magisk root due to RAMDISK = No. Patching the recovery image (being TWRP) just corrupted it, leading to a re-flashing of TWRP.
  • App incompatibilities, including my state's vaccine-verification & QR-code app, as well as my bank's NFC-payment functionality. Kinda weird considering this is built upon Lineage OS.
  • Bluetooth earbud controls did not work.
  • Various minor bugs, rare crashes on system interfaces (eg. settings).
I did not however experience any overheating issues, even when I took it out into 40-50°C heat (only did this once or twice, for obvious reasons). VenfefulRat, please change your ROM if that persists.

gilbertcroy

Jan 24, 2022
Does this and other S10/10+ ROMs have the same low-quality camera issues like the S9/9+ ?
Or does Samsung camera works fine?

VenfefulRat

Nov 24, 2016
Late update. Ended up getting my S10 out of bootloop and installed CrDroid v7.13. I did not have a good experience; the only praise I can give is its better cellular connectivity . After about two weeks I uninstalled and have since used Lineage for MicroG, which works perfectly. Problems included:
  • Atrocious battery life, lasting only 5-6 hours. This was despite my phone being on standby for the vast majority of time, with no significant battery-draining background services running. I ended up having battery saver on full-time to last my 12-hour FIFO work days, which as I experienced, is not something that should be used regularly.
  • Couldn't install Magisk root due to RAMDISK = No. Patching the recovery image (being TWRP) just corrupted it, leading to a re-flashing of TWRP.
  • App incompatibilities, including my state's vaccine-verification & QR-code app, as well as my bank's NFC-payment functionality. Kinda weird considering this is built upon Lineage OS.
  • Bluetooth earbud controls did not work.
  • Various minor bugs, rare crashes on system interfaces (eg. settings).
I did not however experience any overheating issues, even when I took it out into 40-50°C heat (only did this once or twice, for obvious reasons). VenfefulRat, please change your ROM if that persists.
The battery life I'm not too worried about since my phone I tend to play a lot of games. So that kills the battery. Magisk I installed perfectly fine.

My biggest issue is heat. I have Franco running with battery monitoring and at idle, it wil be about 31. When I use it like now, web browsing and such, it's sitting at about 71 degrees. If I game. It's anywhere in the 80s and gets seriously hot to the touch.

Reactions: BlaqqSL8

VenfefulRat

Nov 24, 2016
Everything on the rom works as intended. Now and then I'll get an issue like the main system has stopped responding. Just restarts the UI and everything is fine. But that's rare. Camera is decent but limited functions. Not that I use it much. Google assistant refuses to work on the phone properly. Can't do much with it but it's not a deal breaker.

As I said to someone else, my issue is heat. My phone gets so damn hot.

I also finally switched to CrDroid 7.13.
I did the install "Over The Air" (CrDroid Settings - About CrDroid - Updates).
Everything works well.

@VenfefulRat : I don't know if your heating problems are due to the ROM or to the phone itself and the usage you do of your phone. Personnaly I use CrDRoid, because i like the "tweaks" it proposes and because it's google free. (no gaming, no movie on my side)

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020
The battery life I'm not too worried about since my phone I tend to play a lot of games. So that kills the battery. Magisk I installed perfectly fine.

My biggest issue is heat. I have Franco running with battery monitoring and at idle, it wil be about 31. When I use it like now, web browsing and such, it's sitting at about 71 degrees. If I game. It's anywhere in the 80s and gets seriously hot to the touch.
Totally agree re: the appalling battery life. My S10+ battery, on crDroid 7.13, drains at 1.5% per hour - and that's in airplane mode!

Also, I and other's have the same problem with bluetooth calls - as in IT DOESN'T WORK!

I moved to LOS 18. It just works.

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
I can see one person updated ROM to a12 without any problems. I'd like to update but I can't lost everything. Not now. I'm really busy and I don't have time to fix something if I ****ed up something 😂😂

Last edited:

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
Can you help me guy's? My battery life is so ****. All the time active drain is really high

Screenshot_20220319-044944787.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

andersrh.arh

Dec 15, 2010
Hello. I tried to install the ROM. At first I didnt have internet at all but I fixed mobile data by adding the APN. Though i still cant enable wifi. tried restalling rom, reboot etc. but when I tick to enable wifi its just disabling itself again. Any ideas?

I have a Galaxy S10

expressluke

Hello. I tried to install the ROM. At first I didnt have internet at all but I fixed mobile data by adding the APN. Though i still cant enable wifi. tried restalling rom, reboot etc. but when I tick to enable wifi its just disabling itself again. Any ideas?

I have a Galaxy S10
Did you install anything that messed with your Mac address as this can cause the issue you are having, the ROM by default has WiFi working

VenfefulRat

Nov 24, 2016
Has anyone here tried the A12 rom yet? Tried it on mine and it was a fail. When I tried to get root, magisk keeps saying I have a ram disk when I don't. So installing magisk and trying for root messed up my rom. And it was a huge issue getting back to 11 again.

So any feedback? I can't seem to find the thread where the A12 rom is posted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    K4BIA8T.png

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation requirements:
    Installation:
    • If you are coming from Stock Firmware and have encryption enabled, format DATA
    • Wipe CACHE, DALVIK/ART CACHE and SYSTEM.
    • Flash crDroid 7.x zip
    • If you want to have GApps flash them right after flashing the ROM before first boot.

Sources:
    ROM: [url]https://github.com/crdroidandroid[/URL]
    Kernel: Kernel Source

Download:
    Download for S10e
    Download for S10
    Download for S10+

Working and Known issues:
    Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake
    - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depend on samsungs framework

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    ExpressLuke 9820 Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    Donate to ExpressLuke
    New official crDroid 7.2 builds published
    Check link in OP for changelog and download
    crDroid v7.1 for Samsung Galaxy S10 family

- Merged December 2020 security update
    - Merged December 2020 feature drop
    - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
    - Switched to full VNDK 30 vendor
    - Improved brightness handling
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with crDroid v7.x source
    Changelog :
    Detailed installation procedure :
    • If you are coming from Stock Firmware and have encryption enabled, format DATA
    • Wipe CACHE, DALVIK/ART CACHE and SYSTEM.
    • Flash crDroid 7.x zip
    • Flash nick gapps basic
    • Reboot system
    • First boot
    • Flash magisk image from Ivan'slink (select flash image in twrp and flash. img file to "boot")
    • Reboot system
    • Open magisk and follow the wizard
    • Hit the thx button and donate if you can
    Important notes :

MAGISK : never update magisk when the app asks you to. Instead wait for Ivan to upload the new boot image

ONEUI3: As of OneUI 3 your device needs to be connected to a PC via USB cable in order to be able to
    boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.

FAQ :

Q: My device is in bootloop, I can't acces download mode or recovery, no combo works, how do I get out ?
    A: You can try following:
    - Plug your phone in the PC with the USB cable. Then press/hold Bixby + Volume Down and hopefully it will boot to download-mode.
    Otherwise try (still plugged in) force shutdown/restart by pressing/ holding Volume Down + Power - as soon as the screen turns off shift to pressing/ holding Bixby + Volume Down for download-mode. Try it at few times as its all about timing.
    - If still no luck, unplug your phone and let the battery run out. Then press/hold Bixby + Volume Down and plug in to get to download-mode. This may take some time as the phone needs to recharge a little before it reacts.
    - Once in download-mode flash your software before the update via Odin - I would use Home_CSC first trying to save your data.

Q: I lost root after proceeding with latest OTA update. What do I do?
    A: flash magisk boot image again just like you did on the first flash (see procedure above).

Q: How do I update magisk ?
    A: Wait for Ivan to upload the new boot image here then flash according to the detailed steps above

Q: Can I update Magisk from within the Magisk manager app or by flashing updated magisk .zip ?
    A: No. Doing this would create a bootloop, Instead wait for Ivan to upload the new boot image here

Q: Dialer not appearing, no possibility to pick up calls or hang up
    A: not related to rom (it's a nick gapps issue)
    There's a fix : flash nick gapps "basic" and no other flavor
    crDroid v7.4 published. March 5 Security Patch
    Check via CrDroid OTA or via link in OP