• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] crDroid v7.13 for Samsung Galaxy S7

Search This thread

ccazerty

Sep 11, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7
Hi, I just installed crDroid 7.9, and almost everything is fine.
Like some other people, I have some echo problems with phone calls.
I also have a weird thing with smart pixels fonctionality (which I really like). When it is toogled on, some buttons are not available. It is only the buttons on the system pop-ups (for authorisations for exemple), and the buttons "install" and "open" in the play store. I have to disable smart pixels to click on it.

catimomo

Jul 4, 2019
Hi. Do you know how to install an update when ROM is encrypted ? I don't want to reset and flash my ROM.
I used today twrp and crdroid 7.8.
When I restart in twrp, it shows only partitions that si sized 0MB.

teacher4711

May 27, 2018
Can anybody help me?
For our school's WiFi, we use:
EAP method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2 (or none)
CA certificate / Online certificate status: Do not validate
Domain: [need not be specified]
Identify
Password

I don't know the domain and in previous ROMs (Ivan Meler's), the WiFi dialog did not request a domain.

Could anybody tell me what I must do to be able to log on to our school's WiFi?

Thanks
Michael

Dzof

May 21, 2020
Hi, the best R rom so far
Thanks a lot for this build.
Can you please fix the ECHO PROBLEM on phone calls.

Tralien

Oct 13, 2015
Are there battery drain problems known? Just installed 7.9 and then after gapps and magisk I left the phone doing nothing.....lost 16% battery in 2 hours. No app in battery manager visible, 5 min display time...why is it down to 84% in 2 hours? I have no apps installed except gapps and magisk....i just installed crdroid....hmm.....and idea?

Edit: 5h after full charge its 64% without any usage :( dont know what to do
Edit2: this morning it was emoty. 0 screen time, no usage at all, empty after 16 h

Luke: As there are some other guys that reported battery drainijng, can you pls look into it when updating to newest version? Thx a lot...will buy a coffe for ya ;)

Last edited:

Tralien

Oct 13, 2015
Installed lineage 18.1 to test....here I can go for 4 days without usage. So seems to be no lineage problem, must be a crdroid problem :(

I would love to go back to crdroid, pls pls pls fix it

Ayhamalsahli

Jun 10, 2012
Hi

The device is S7 Sm-G930F

I hope if any one can help with strange issue
I installed more than one custom roms 9.10.11 including this one
And all of them have the same issue, which is no wifi no hotspot no Bluetooth are working.

On the start setup the wifi networks only shown for a second and disappear

Only the stock rom work perfectly
I tried to flash the stock cp file (modem.bin) after the custom rom but no luck

Can any one help?
Thanks
Screenshot_20211219-031654845.jpg

Last edited:

john_26_cz

Dec 28, 2021
Are there battery drain problems known? Just installed 7.9 and then after gapps and magisk I left the phone doing nothing.....lost 16% battery in 2 hours. No app in battery manager visible, 5 min display time...why is it down to 84% in 2 hours? I have no apps installed except gapps and magisk....i just installed crdroid....hmm.....and idea?

Edit: 5h after full charge its 64% without any usage :( dont know what to do
Edit2: this morning it was emoty. 0 screen time, no usage at all, empty after 16 h

Luke: As there are some other guys that reported battery drainijng, can you pls look into it when updating to newest version? Thx a lot...will buy a coffe for ya ;)
I too experience a battery drain problem. The issue seems to be with the SystemUpdate service constantly trying and failing to do some sort of update.

My log is exactly the same as in this post by Scill for some LineageOS rom:

SystemUpdate: Allocating file /cache/metadata with size 607
SystemUpdate: Action pre-download-validate executed for 0.60 seconds.
SystemUpdate: Unable to create the action. Restart the execution from the scratch.

Over and over again. I was able to temporarily "fix" it by making the file /cache/metadata readonly (the battery drain was gone, but I kept getting pop ups about my system not being up to date), but after a few days the problem is back again...

Jun 19, 2008
I love the rom, but the battery drain is quite bad indeed. Is the next release going to address this and is it going to come out this month? I don't want to be ungrateful, but if no new release is going to be coming out that fixes this, that would be good to know.

MrHerolte

Aug 2, 2021
Hi, I uptaded last January version, auto updated from twrp and no problem there. But my S7 got bootloop when its rebooting. Stuck at the crdroid animation and doesn't opening. What should I do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Luke ! Thanks for the amazing work, running 7.13 now and it's great !

I was wondering if you will, at any point, make a Crdroid 8 ROM for this device, as I saw that Ivan released LOS 19 and it seems to be working pretty well.
    No ETA asked, just wondering if, in order to try Android 12, I could wait for your version and make an upgrade or if I would have to switch back to LOS.
    Crdroid 8 is in works. If you have Telegram , you can join here for early updates and builds before release to XDA.

Thanks for the update.
    Still the ECHO PROBLEM persist.
    That's unlikely to be fixed - anytime soon at least.
    Maybe you could amend the thread’s title accordingly? :)
    Updated.
    The Crdroid 8.0 from DL site did install fine , booted but got stuck in Bootanimation and then reboots ,,how ever Evo X is running very smooth ,, I hope you don't mind I made a review about the test build to get more testers cause ...it's first ever ,.
    Yes as that crdroid 8, has issues with the boot animation for some reason. Deleting the boot animation zips from in here makes it work /system/system/product/media - it is why I haven't released a build here yet.
    crDroid 7.13 is out.
    Yes as that crdroid 8, has issues with the boot animation for some reason. Deleting the boot animation zips from in here makes it work /system/system/product/media - it is why I haven't released a build here yet.
    Luke I fixed it here is CRDROID 8.0 the fixed test build only for Herolte for now until the builds are ready .. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q1OtUykAt3dItu19qUASTiWKnQpqMVAm/view?usp=sharing
    K4BIA8T.png

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    Most core features from Android 10 have been ported over.
    Feature list link not available yet. (Will post when available)

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation requirements:

Installation:
    • If you are coming from Stock Firmware and have encryption enabled, format DATA
    • Wipe CACHE, DALVIK/ART CACHE and SYSTEM.
    • Flash crDroid 7.x zip
    • If you want to have GApps flash them right after flashing the ROM before first boot.

Download:
    Download for herollte

Sources:
    ROM: [url]https://github.com/crdroidandroid[/URL]
    Kernel: Kernel Source

Working and Known issues:
    Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - Graphics (Mali) drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Hardware Backed Video Playback
    - Radio (Data, SMS, Calls)
    - Sensors
    - All button functions and backlight
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D GPU acceleration
    - HW encoding & decoding
    - Offline Charging
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - SD Card
    - Fingerprint Sensor (in 3rd party secure apps too)
    - Mobicore
    - Software codecs

Not Working
    - You tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    ExpressLuke 8890 Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    Donate to ExpressLuke
    New build released to OP
    --

30.01.2021. crDroid v7.2

- Working HWC
    - Drastically improved performance and battery life
    - Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (HIDL interfaces)
    - Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock - Improves battery life
    - Added custom LiveDisplay modes
    - Disabled some excess logging
    - Merged January 2021 Security Update
    - Fixed issues with fingerprint in 3rd party secure apps (banking apps paypal password managers)
    - Updated prebuilt binaries
    - Fixed in call audio
    - Fixed noise cancelling in call
    - Cleaned up mixer paths
    - Improved BT audio handling
    - Drastically improved audio quality
    - Added neural network drivers
    - Disabled p2p mac randomization
    - Fixed wifi direct
    - Removed unused 32-bit drivers
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Fixed signal strength indicator for all network modes (2G/3G/4G)
    - Fixed soft buttons backlight handling
    - Fixed fingerprint recognition in all apps (including secure apps like PayPal etc.)
    - Fixed glove mode
    - A huge ton of under the hood changes
    - Cleaned up codebase
    - Improved performance and stability
    - Synced with crDroid source
    Seems like @expressluke stoped developement of crDroid?
    I haven't, an update will be out soon
    crDroid v7.5 builds for Samsung Galaxy S7

- April Security Patch
    - CrDroid 7.3 - 7.5 changes
    - Updated offline charging (allows for wireless offline charging + stock Samsung animation)
    - Improved HWC
    - Issue with swapped colours resolved (in games)
    - SELinux improved & rebased
    - Fixed Vulkan
    - Misc performance and security enhancements
    - Refer to LineageOS 18.1 for more in depth changelog.

Download from Official CrDroid site at the below/in OP:
    Hello,
    I've got the same problem on this device on any custom rom (samsung original rom doesn't have this effect).
    The caller hears the echo...
    I've lowered the volume of my speaker, and that seems to solve the problem. This is obviously not an solution, just workaround.
    BUT... it makes me think that this have something to do with the microphone usage. In fact this device has two microphones, to record the stereo sound in movies. But what if during the call, device uses both microphones as well ?
    Logically, the second microphone is near next to speaker, so when volume is up, the microphone can "catch" the sound from it, and this makes the echo.

Is there any solution to override this ? to force to use only one microphone on the bottom of the device?

I think so too, top mic in stock rom is used to analyzes and cut off background noise, but in custom rom both mics are used to voice call. noise reduction app is not open samsung software, probably that's why the developer has a problem with it and do not know how to turn off second mic.
    I already sell my S7, bought google pixel and flash lineageos, now everything work fine.

Seems you are right about secondary mic and echo. There is new build of LOS and this is in changelog:

- Audio: Reworked incall audio handling in mixer paths to disable 2nd mic that was picking up noise

So i hope for new crDroid build soon ;-)