• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] crDroid v7.5 for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Search This thread

elfico

Sep 15, 2014
Hello @expressluke ,

I am having trouble watching DRM protected content after installing this rom.

The app works well on stock rom but after installing this rom, when I tried watching with the app, I get this error:

Error Code: PER 1
Error: com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException: android.media.MediaCodec$CryptoException: Operation not supported in this configuration Operation not supported in this configuration
Timestamp: 2021-10-19T12:09:05.974Z
Request URL:
Response Code: PER 1
Response duration:
App version: 2.4.0 - 217020400
Device model: SM-G935F
OS version: 30 Android R
User ID: IT3480VW5AL525B1HH864FWB000G
Device ID: 7a224d93b67d7626c4ef0bba69ce3311670500b8
Free disk space available: 21.58 GB/24.67 GB
IP address: N/A
Widevine properties:
vendor: Google
version: 14.0.0
description: Widevine CDM
algorithms: AES/CBC/NoPadding,HmacSHA256
securityLevel: L1
systemId: 6895
privacyMode: disable
sessionSharing: disable
usageReportingSupport: True
hdcpLevel: Disconnected
maxHdcpLevel: Disconnected
maxNumberOfSessions: 64
numberOfOpenSessions: 1
deviceUniqueId: U0VDUEhPTkVfMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDEwMzM0Nzg=
provisioningUniqueId: Exx+i1CPvTLtoRGTsmCYzA==

I did a wipe and re-installed the rom but the issue persists. Please anyone experienced this kind of issue before and what are possible solutions.

Thanks.

elfico

Sep 15, 2014
Hello @expressluke ,

I am having trouble watching DRM protected content after installing this rom.

The app works well on stock rom but after installing this rom, when I tried watching with the app, I get this error:

Error Code: PER 1
Error: com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException: android.media.MediaCodec$CryptoException: Operation not supported in this configuration Operation not supported in this configuration
Timestamp: 2021-10-19T12:09:05.974Z
Request URL:
Response Code: PER 1
Response duration:
App version: 2.4.0 - 217020400
Device model: SM-G935F
OS version: 30 Android R
User ID: IT3480VW5AL525B1HH864FWB000G
Device ID: 7a224d93b67d7626c4ef0bba69ce3311670500b8
Free disk space available: 21.58 GB/24.67 GB
IP address: N/A
Widevine properties:
vendor: Google
version: 14.0.0
description: Widevine CDM
algorithms: AES/CBC/NoPadding,HmacSHA256
securityLevel: L1
systemId: 6895
privacyMode: disable
sessionSharing: disable
usageReportingSupport: True
hdcpLevel: Disconnected
maxHdcpLevel: Disconnected
maxNumberOfSessions: 64
numberOfOpenSessions: 1
deviceUniqueId: U0VDUEhPTkVfMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDEwMzM0Nzg=
provisioningUniqueId: Exx+i1CPvTLtoRGTsmCYzA==

I did a wipe and re-installed the rom but the issue persists. Please anyone experienced this kind of issue before and what are possible solutions.

Thanks.
After some digging around I found some solution to the problem.
"Inside the /system/lib/ or the /system/vendor/lib/ partition there is a file stored by the name of liboemcrypto.so. The aforementioned apps make use of this file to play the DRM protected contents"

To solve the problem one can use rename/delete the file. This solution is not recommended.
Recommended solution is to use Magisk to install a module named liboemcrypto disabler .

Details can be found here: https://www.techregister.co.uk/fix-video-drm-errors-on-samsung-for-prime-video-netflix-and-others/

Reactions: MBechirM and Ryu--X
Jul 24, 2013
Hello, first of all I congratulate you on your rom.

I have been in use for a while and if it is true that it was necessary to add, such as:

1. When you put the unlock pin or password when unlocking the equipment, do not accept (I solved this with Xposed + GravityBox)

2. The sound with the AudioFX application is disastrous, if I recommend putting Viper4AndrodFx from Magisk

3. When taking screenshots, the system sometimes gets stuck and does not save the edited screenshot.

(If or if I recommend it, to other users install the gapps, to replace the Aosp applications for a better experience, phone, messages, gallery, etc.)

And another thing that does not seem logical to me is that the Android System application is always consuming a couple of kB / s always (I have commented on this by the official group of telegrams and now there are also many people with the same problem), I attach a screenshot, to which it is due; What is download, what is upload? (I also removed all background apps, account syncs, etc. and the Android system continues to consume data.) This can be inconvenient for those who are on a reduced data plan and this app is consuming their plan.
photo_2021-11-12_12-57-59.jpg

I update

For those who have high Internet consumption on Android system, I have found the culprit for that consumption. I don't know why, the Google services framework constantly requests

ota-cache1.googlezip.net and another ota.googlezip.com

As you can see, I have used the app (PCAPdroid) to capture the traffic and in less than 30 seconds, it detects 361 requests making a consumption of 3.1MB (if it is obvious you can reach 500mb per day) from Google's Services Framework. At the moment I have added the aforementioned hots to the AdAway app (Since I use it to block advertising, then cancel those requests to those two hots)

photo_2021-11-14_00-25-10 (2).jpg
photo_2021-11-14_00-25-10.jpg
photo_2021-11-14_00-25-10 (3).jpg
photo_2021-11-14_00-25-10 (4).jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    K4BIA8T.png

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    Most core features from Android 10 have been ported over.
    Feature list link not available yet. (Will post when available)

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation requirements:

Installation:
    • If you are coming from Stock Firmware and have encryption enabled, format DATA
    • Wipe CACHE, DALVIK/ART CACHE and SYSTEM.
    • Flash crDroid 7.x zip
    • If you want to have GApps flash them right after flashing the ROM before first boot.

Download:
    Download for hero2lte

Sources:
    ROM: [url]https://github.com/crdroidandroid[/URL]
    Kernel: Kernel Source

Working and Known issues:
    Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - Graphics (Mali) drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Hardware Backed Video Playback
    - Radio (Data, SMS, Calls)
    - Sensors
    - All button functions and backlight
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D GPU acceleration
    - HW encoding & decoding
    - Offline Charging
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - SD Card
    - Fingerprint Sensor (in 3rd party secure apps too)
    - Mobicore
    - Software codecs

Not Working
    - You tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    ExpressLuke 8890 Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    Donate to ExpressLuke
    crDroid v7.5 builds for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

- April Security Patch
    - CrDroid 7.3 - 7.5 changes
    - Updated offline charging (allows for wireless offline charging + stock Samsung animation)
    - Improved HWC
    - Issue with swapped colours resolved (in games)
    - SELinux improved & rebased
    - Fixed Vulkan
    - Misc performance and security enhancements
    - Refer to LineageOS 18.1 for more in depth changelog.

Download from Official CrDroid site at the below/in OP:

New build released to OP
    --

30.01.2021. crDroid v7.2

- Working HWC
    - Drastically improved performance and battery life
    - Added back flicker free dimming and fast charging switch (HIDL interfaces)
    - Switched to samsungs DT2W driver used on AOD on stock - Improves battery life
    - Added custom LiveDisplay modes
    - Disabled some excess logging
    - Merged January 2021 Security Update
    - Fixed issues with fingerprint in 3rd party secure apps (banking apps paypal password managers)
    - Updated prebuilt binaries
    - Fixed in call audio
    - Fixed noise cancelling in call
    - Cleaned up mixer paths
    - Improved BT audio handling
    - Drastically improved audio quality
    - Added neural network drivers
    - Disabled p2p mac randomization
    - Fixed wifi direct
    - Removed unused 32-bit drivers
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Fixed signal strength indicator for all network modes (2G/3G/4G)
    - Fixed soft buttons backlight handling
    - Fixed fingerprint recognition in all apps (including secure apps like PayPal etc.)
    - Fixed glove mode
    - A huge ton of under the hood changes
    - Cleaned up codebase
    - Improved performance and stability
    - Synced with crDroid source
    OP: Why release a phone rom where in call audio is not working!!! if its no longer functioning as a basic phone then please don't put the rom out until that at least is working, thanks :)
    This is now working in the new build and is now deemed stable, Actually if you read the OP page at the time, it was not intended as a build for daily use and for testing only, clearly written in red text. Thank you in advance for understanding.
    Just a little friendly reminder about forum etiquette, politeness and respect for each other as per XDA Rule 2.3:

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

Also, while asking for updates and ETA's is not "formally" against XDA rules, it is indeed not welcome as you will see by my explanation here.

Now please let us return to "polite" on topic discussion, and keep the disagreements relegated to PM's so as the "Old Badger" doesn't have to return. Thank you.

-Cheers: Badger50