• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] crDroid v7.8 for Samsung Galaxy S10E/S10/S10+

Search This thread

cemoi71

Feb 5, 2021
Hello folk, does anyone have a good tipp on how to backup some data like sms, call history, etc... before to flash with cr-droid and restore them aftwerwards ?
Please

many thx for help.
Cheers

heni63

Dec 26, 2017
@expressluke

Hey Luke, I like your Roms the most.
I have a few questions, but everyone else is invited to answered and I'd you don't have the energy Luke, it's not important!:)

1. If I don't care for features, is Lineage better? I just thought that this "Selinux security" makes Lineage slower/less battery
2. What would be your best ROM pick just for Performance/Battery.

Cheers heni63

expressluke

@expressluke

Hey Luke, I like your Roms the most.
I have a few questions, but everyone else is invited to answered and I'd you don't have the energy Luke, it's not important!:)

1. If I don't care for features, is Lineage better? I just thought that this "Selinux security" makes Lineage slower/less battery
2. What would be your best ROM pick just for Performance/Battery.

Cheers heni63
1. SELinux can potentially control which activities a system allows each user, process, and daemon, with very precise specifications. so essentially selinux could restrict system based activities from being executed by some random application. Doesn't impact the device but you don't essentially need it either for the device to work properly.

2. crDroid hs the balance of LineageOS stability whilst also having some extra customisable features not found in LineageOS

heni63

Dec 26, 2017
1. SELinux can potentially control which activities a system allows each user, process, and daemon, with very precise specifications. so essentially selinux could restrict system based activities from being executed by some random application. Doesn't impact the device but you don't essentially need it either for the device to work properly.

2. crDroid hs the balance of LineageOS stability whilst also having some extra customisable features not found in LineageOS
Thank you man, I love your work and that you do this stuff for us !

hunter12

Jul 30, 2007
Ratisbona
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Hi. Is there any other kernel that is compatible with crDroid?
I'm not quite satisfied with the battery life.
Or are there any other switches to turn on/off? I remember that with my Samsung S8 and RessurectionRemix there has been some kind of batterysaver to to turn on.

Reactions: krkhaha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GOOD BATTERY TIP!:

Disable ZRAM with Franco Kernel Manager (or Ex Kernel Manager can do it too I think, not sure if Smart Pack is able to).

Franco Kernel Manager: Go to Memory Tab, Tab on the ZRAM (It will take some time O thinking until it is disabled) and then Activate the "Boot" Switch, so it disables it on boot.
    Thanks. I'l give it a try.

Funny, I've been on Android since "Cupcake", and have never done anything related to kernels.
    If youre satisfied with battery, thats usually enough ^^ I usually buy second hand so the bateries are already worse ^^ And even with ALOT of modding I only get 3h sot on my s10e...Thinking about making a short Guide, and adding to other guides I know

Tell me if it helped you.
    K4BIA8T.png

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation requirements:
    Installation:
    • If you are coming from Stock Firmware and have encryption enabled, format DATA
    • Wipe CACHE, DALVIK/ART CACHE and SYSTEM.
    • Flash crDroid 7.x zip
    • If you want to have GApps flash them right after flashing the ROM before first boot.

Sources:
    ROM: [url]https://github.com/crdroidandroid[/URL]
    Kernel: Kernel Source

Download:
    Download for S10e
    Download for S10
    Download for S10+

Working and Known issues:
    Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake
    - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depend on samsungs framework

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    ExpressLuke 9820 Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    Donate to ExpressLuke
    crDroid v7.1 for Samsung Galaxy S10 family

- Merged December 2020 security update
    - Merged December 2020 feature drop
    - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
    - Switched to full VNDK 30 vendor
    - Improved brightness handling
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with crDroid v7.x source
    New official crDroid 7.2 builds published
    Check link in OP for changelog and download
    Changelog :
    Detailed installation procedure :
    • If you are coming from Stock Firmware and have encryption enabled, format DATA
    • Wipe CACHE, DALVIK/ART CACHE and SYSTEM.
    • Flash crDroid 7.x zip
    • Flash nick gapps basic
    • Reboot system
    • First boot
    • Flash magisk image from Ivan'slink (select flash image in twrp and flash. img file to "boot")
    • Reboot system
    • Open magisk and follow the wizard
    • Hit the thx button and donate if you can
    Important notes :

MAGISK : never update magisk when the app asks you to. Instead wait for Ivan to upload the new boot image

ONEUI3: As of OneUI 3 your device needs to be connected to a PC via USB cable in order to be able to
    boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.

FAQ :

Q: My device is in bootloop, I can't acces download mode or recovery, no combo works, how do I get out ?
    A: You can try following:
    - Plug your phone in the PC with the USB cable. Then press/hold Bixby + Volume Down and hopefully it will boot to download-mode.
    Otherwise try (still plugged in) force shutdown/restart by pressing/ holding Volume Down + Power - as soon as the screen turns off shift to pressing/ holding Bixby + Volume Down for download-mode. Try it at few times as its all about timing.
    - If still no luck, unplug your phone and let the battery run out. Then press/hold Bixby + Volume Down and plug in to get to download-mode. This may take some time as the phone needs to recharge a little before it reacts.
    - Once in download-mode flash your software before the update via Odin - I would use Home_CSC first trying to save your data.

Q: I lost root after proceeding with latest OTA update. What do I do?
    A: flash magisk boot image again just like you did on the first flash (see procedure above).

Q: How do I update magisk ?
    A: Wait for Ivan to upload the new boot image here then flash according to the detailed steps above

Q: Can I update Magisk from within the Magisk manager app or by flashing updated magisk .zip ?
    A: No. Doing this would create a bootloop, Instead wait for Ivan to upload the new boot image here

Q: Dialer not appearing, no possibility to pick up calls or hang up
    A: not related to rom (it's a nick gapps issue)
    There's a fix : flash nick gapps "basic" and no other flavor
    crDroid v7.4 published. March 5 Security Patch
    Check via CrDroid OTA or via link in OP