• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11][Guacamole] DotOS 5.2

Search This thread

GeorgeDachamp

Jun 14, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Excuse me again, I wanna ask you a question about building a rom. Recently I have learned to build by myself, but I face a issue that the default compiler ain't support some features of the kernel. So I get error, like this "ERROR: Cannot use CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR_STRONG: -fstack-protector-strong not supported by compiler". So I wanna change the default clang to proton clang. Could you tell me how to allocate a new clang? Which config file should I modified?
this isnt the place for those questions. this is for my particular rom

GeorgeDachamp

Jun 14, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
odd... I hope it fixes itself somehow in the future though because I have no idea how to fix it and really want to continue using this rom as my daily driver... If there's anything I can do to help figure out exactly what is causing the issue please let me know

(its also worth noting, I did not have this issue on oxygen OS 11 before I flashed this, so its not a hardware defect)
have you tried another rom?

drazini

Apr 4, 2019
Sarasota
OnePlus 7 Pro
have you tried another rom?
not another custom rom, but i have tried unrooted and rooted OOS 11 and did not have this issue, its strange, the other person will hear themselves muffled and loud as an echo but my voice will be incredibly quiet, the issue also persists through apps like google voice and discord voice calls so its not just an issue with the dialer app unfortunately. Again, if theres any log or something i can give that could help figure out the cause i would be happy to.

I don't really want to flash another rom due to not having a great storage solution for a TWRP backup (due to this phones lack of microsd support) but if it could help fix the issue with this rom via troubleshooting Im not entirely opposed to it.

I would ultimately want to be able to use this rom with the bug fixed though, as I've researched the others available for this phone and nothing really compares to dotos for me.

Last edited:

drazini

Apr 4, 2019
Sarasota
OnePlus 7 Pro
not another custom rom, but i have tried unrooted and rooted OOS 11 and did not have this issue, its strange, the other person will hear themselves muffled and loud as an echo but my voice will be incredibly quiet, the issue also persists through apps like google voice and discord voice calls so its not just an issue with the dialer app unfortunately. Again, if theres any log or something i can give that could help figure out the cause i would be happy to.

I don't really want to flash another rom due to not having a great storage solution for a TWRP backup (due to this phones lack of microsd support) but if it could help fix the issue with this rom via troubleshooting Im not entirely opposed to it.

I would ultimately want to be able to use this rom with the bug fixed though, as I've researched the others available for this phone and nothing really compares to dotos for me.
after further testing i have discovered:

earpiece speaker: person hears muffled echo and my voice is quiet to the point of being almost inaudible

bluetooth headset/earbuds: my voice is clear, but the person hears a muffled echo of their own voice still

speakerphone: works normally, clear voice and no echo

GeorgeDachamp

Jun 14, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
after further testing i have discovered:

earpiece speaker: person hears muffled echo and my voice is quiet to the point of being almost inaudible

bluetooth headset/earbuds: my voice is clear, but the person hears a muffled echo of their own voice still

speakerphone: works normally, clear voice and no echo
try other roms. ive gotten no reports besides yours. so im lead to believe its userspace

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
try other roms. ive gotten no reports besides yours. so im lead to believe its userspace
I've had the issue before too on the GM 1917, like I said it was on more than just one ROM when it did it. RR did it, msm-xtended, crDroid, and Havoc did it every once in awhile too for me. this ROM is pretty good I don't think it's your ROM causing the issue, but I could be wrong 😂😂

drazini

Apr 4, 2019
Sarasota
OnePlus 7 Pro
I re flashed this time with adb sideload instead of twrp this time, the phone issue is solved!! Must've been some odd issue with flashing, now I'm just having an issue where double tap for ambient display isn't working, but I had that before and it just started working by itself so i hope that happens again. Or if there's any other setting I need to enable/disable for that I'm not sure what it would be. Anyway, love the rom, and hopefully that'll sort itself out

GeorgeDachamp

Jun 14, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
I re flashed this time with adb sideload instead of twrp this time, the phone issue is solved!! Must've been some odd issue with flashing, now I'm just having an issue where double tap for ambient display isn't working, but I had that before and it just started working by itself so i hope that happens again. Or if there's any other setting I need to enable/disable for that I'm not sure what it would be. Anyway, love the rom, and hopefully that'll sort itself out
There is no double tap to ambient. It's double tap to wake or you can use single tap to aod in gestures

I'm at a loss... I have a GM1925 OP7Pro 5G that is an unlocked Sprint phone. Still had to use the International conversion to get OEM Unlock enabled, bootloaders unlocked, but it seems like a "fake" unlock as if I flash ANYTHING without MSM, it freezes at the bootloader unlocked warning screen or boots instantly back to bootloader

Any ideas? I've used DotOS on other phones, love it, but this phone, if I can't get it on it, I'm just selling it lol I can't even root with this problem

Update: Got TWRP to work on this device, tried to flash the rom, apparently GM1925 does not work with this rom. Went straight to Qualcomm crashdump

Last edited:

GeorgeDachamp

Jun 14, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
I'm at a loss... I have a GM1925 OP7Pro 5G that is an unlocked Sprint phone. Still had to use the International conversion to get OEM Unlock enabled, bootloaders unlocked, but it seems like a "fake" unlock as if I flash ANYTHING without MSM, it freezes at the bootloader unlocked warning screen or boots instantly back to bootloader

Any ideas? I've used DotOS on other phones, love it, but this phone, if I can't get it on it, I'm just selling it lol I can't even root with this problem

Update: Got TWRP to work on this device, tried to flash the rom, apparently GM1925 does not work with this rom. Went straight to Qualcomm crashdump
If you would have read the thread. This is a known issue, join the telegram channel and update your kernel

If you would have read the thread. This is a known issue, join the telegram channel and update your kernel

Nah, screw telegram and your rude response. I'm on enough platforms lol I don't need to be on yet another.

Also, I'm not going to sit here and read through 7 pages of a thread for an answer lol Some of these posts are 20+ pages long. I have read through many pages, hadn't seen an way to resolve it until you responded.

GeorgeDachamp

Jun 14, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Nah, screw telegram and your rude response. I'm on enough platforms lol I don't need to be on yet another.

Also, I'm not going to sit here and read through 7 pages of a thread for an answer lol Some of these posts are 20+ pages long. I have read through many pages, hadn't seen an way to resolve it until you responded.
Rude comment? I put my hard work in maintaining this rom, the least you can do is read the thread. But enjoy the shadows of me not replying again👍

Reactions: Xumit
D

Deleted member 10383399

Rude comment? I put my hard work in maintaining this rom, the least you can do is read the thread. But enjoy the shadows of me not replying again👍
I appreciate the work you have done with the rom, it ran pretty well on my 7 Pro. It didn't on my 7 Pro 5G (we also had a whole discussion on Reddit about this), and in this case KaptinBoxxi is talking about that phone which is not supported for obvious reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great job, I think it's the best custom rom for op7pro. It's my daily rom so I've prepared a few tweaks which may be useful for you too.
    1.OnePlus Camera - Fully Working, I haven't tested too long but All lens work, photo, camera night mode, portret face camera etc :love:
    CameraOOS.jpg

2.Oneplus Gallery - if you want the preview of recently photos in oneplus camera to work, you need to install the original gallery this build is work fine on this rom ;)
    GalleryOOS.jpg

3.DolbyAtmos from OOS - sound quality significantly improved, all sound effects work like on oos11.This is module for magisk, but maybe flash via twrp too :giggle:
    DolbyAtmosOOS.jpg

1.CameraOOS APK - Normall install
    2.GalleryOOS APK - Normall install
    3.DolbyAtmos ZIP - Magisk module

If you like it, let me know, it'll be nice to know I helped :p
    5.2 is now up. enjoy!!
    Unfortunately it didn't work, still have the same weird issue :/ Thanks tho
    Hide the gesture pill
    Unfortunately it didn't work, still have the same weird issue :/ Thanks tho
    Hide pill, issue is resolved in next update
    When I check update, it always tells me to check my network connection. How to fix it?
    Theres a fix on telegram or fastboot method
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version:

Device: Guacamole

Maintainer: GeorgeDachamp

Build Status:Official

banner_discl.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH :
    1.Adb Sideload

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    Reboot to Recovery and Format
    Adb sideload rom.zip
    Reboot to system

2. Twrp using nebrassy FBEv2
    (current twrp cannot format in f2fs)

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    reboot to recovery and format
    return to bootloader
    Fastboot boot twrp.img
    Reboot to recovery install TWRP
    flash rom

DIRTY FLASH :
    After 5.1.3 OTA is available on Official guacamole builds

1. Can dirty flash using TWRP(current versions of TWRP cannot format in f2fs)
    2.Flash current boot.img
    reboot to recovery and adb sideload

banner_downlods.png

DotOS Website

banner_features.png

Current Changelog

banner_credits.png

DotOSteam
    AOSP
    Pixel Experience
    Dirty Unicorn
    And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
    Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator
    Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Special thanks:

Aswin
    - Graphics Designer
    ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer
    Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Device Specific Support Group

Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS
    and do not forget to send it to us 😜

Current Bugs

Screen off FOD is forever broken
    header_logo_50.png

Contributors: GeorgeDachamp

Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/dotOS-Devices/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

ROM OS Version:
    11.x Android R
    ROM Kernel: 4.14.xxx
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS 11
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Official Stable
    Current Stable Version: v5.2
    Stable Release Date: 09-10-2021
    Great job, I think it's the best custom rom for op7pro. It's my daily rom so I've prepared a few tweaks which may be useful for you too.
    1.OnePlus Camera - Fully Working, I haven't tested too long but All lens work, photo, camera night mode, portret face camera etc :love:
    CameraOOS.jpg

2.Oneplus Gallery - if you want the preview of recently photos in oneplus camera to work, you need to install the original gallery this build is work fine on this rom ;)
    GalleryOOS.jpg

3.DolbyAtmos from OOS - sound quality significantly improved, all sound effects work like on oos11.This is module for magisk, but maybe flash via twrp too :giggle:
    DolbyAtmosOOS.jpg

1.CameraOOS APK - Normall install
    2.GalleryOOS APK - Normall install
    3.DolbyAtmos ZIP - Magisk module

If you like it, let me know, it'll be nice to know I helped :p
    5.2 is now up. enjoy!!
    Force encryption is really inconvenient.
    Then use the unofficial build from sloth. I build for a stable daily driver for everyone not a very small portion of the community who wants their phone unprotected
    09-10-2021
    Added BSP blobs
    updated to 11.0.3.1
    removed dolby

Gapps/vanilla in link
    11-08-2021
    ALS algorithm update
    Updated to 5.1.3
    Switched to dotOS kernel
    Change from Unofficial to Official
    Must clean flash from previous builds

03-08-2021
    August Security merges
    Redfin FP updated to August 2021
    Latest Gulch Kernel with dt2w fixes

01-08-2021
    strict f2fs
    Gluch inlined
    pocket mode fixed
    touchscreen settings fixed
    safety net fixed
    fbev2
    Default 90hz refresh rate

please use our device support telegram as i am very active there.