[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Note10/Note10+/Note10+ 5G Exynos

Search This thread

Linux4

Recognized Developer
1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
Telegram group

Contributors
Linux4
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820

Last edited:

Linux4

Recognized Developer
Reactions: Vishnarov

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
just flashed the recovery image via heimdal (got recovery upload success message), but when I try to boot into recovery mode (or even just boot into Android now) I get pushed into download mode with a 'dt load fail' message at the top
says dt entry not found
load kernel could not do normal boot
error verifying vbmeta image - hash mismatch

CerebralFlex

Jul 16, 2018
just flashed the recovery image via heimdal (got recovery upload success message), but when I try to boot into recovery mode (or even just boot into Android now) I get pushed into download mode with a 'dt load fail' message at the top
says dt entry not found
load kernel could not do normal boot
error verifying vbmeta image - hash mismatch
I recall getting a vbmeta error too and I think it was a locked bootloader issue? Not sure. Definitely a d2s model?
I just reflashed stock and started again. Long press the volume up button at download selection to unlock bootloader.
I'm fairly sure Odin accepted the recovery file if you convert it to .tar. and disable auto reboot so you can button combo directly to recovery. From there install the main ROM zip.

ROM runs fine, few thing missing that I needed so came away from it unfortunately.

Reactions: Enddo

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
I recall getting a vbmeta error too and I think it was a locked bootloader issue? Not sure. Definitely a d2s model?
I just reflashed stock and started again. Long press the volume up button at download selection to unlock bootloader.
I'm fairly sure Odin accepted the recovery file if you convert it to .tar. and disable auto reboot so you can button combo directly to recovery. From there install the main ROM zip.

ROM runs fine, few thing missing that I needed so came away from it unfortunately.
certainly no locked bootloader here (have had it unlocked since right after I bought it at launch)

but yea, I'm going to try and reflash the ROM and start from scratch. I was on an outdated version of ONe UI (maybe from December) so maybe that was part of the issue

EDIT - oddly enough, I couldn't get LOS recovery installed via Odin. I tried, got success messages, but a reboot into recovery mode just showed stock recovery (I wasn't missing the button combo, to my knowledge). tried a few times before going back to using heimdall

the second attempt (with a fresh install of OneUI's latest firmware) helped me get past that vbmeta error with heimdall

got LOS recovery installed, the ROM sideloaded, and I'm up and running :)

thanks for the hard work @Linux4 (and all others involved in working on lineageos)

Last edited:

Phosphoros

Oct 7, 2020
First, thanks a lot for your work and for making it official, @Linux4 !

One question: I'd like to use MicroG instead of the google stuff. But since I'd rather keep it all simple, I'd not use Magisk, if possible. Is there a recommended and/or simple way to get the signature spoofing patch into this rom? Preferably so that OTA updates still work? Would NanoDroid in system mode work?

Linux4

Recognized Developer
First, thanks a lot for your work and for making it official, @Linux4 !

One question: I'd like to use MicroG instead of the google stuff. But since I'd rather keep it all simple, I'd not use Magisk, if possible. Is there a recommended and/or simple way to get the signature spoofing patch into this rom? Preferably so that OTA updates still work? Would NanoDroid in system mode work?

I guess the best way here would be waiting until there's a build for your device on https://lineage.microg.org/ (they build for all officially supported devices)

Reactions: Phosphoros

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
is the bug with registering a fingerprint common? I noticed the issue after I first installed it but then was able to add one very quickly

had to format /data to record a tutorial and after installing the build again, I can't seem to get past the fingerprint register issue I noticed before

Linux4

Recognized Developer
is the bug with registering a fingerprint common? I noticed the issue after I first installed it but then was able to add one very quickly

had to format /data to record a tutorial and after installing the build again, I can't seem to get past the fingerprint register issue I noticed before

It is not broken or whatever, see this from my telegram group in case you just don't figure it out on your own:

If fingerprint enrollment fails for first fingerprint do the following to get it working (doesn't apply to beyond0lte):
1. Retry adding fingerprint but this time tap fast and don't press too hard when putting your finger on the sensor for the first time
2. Repeat step 1 until enrollment continues without error
3. After that it will work fine and doesn't need any special handling anymore

All samsung devices using FOD have that issue it seems, only on first enrollment tho, after that it's completely fine

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
If fingerprint enrollment fails for first fingerprint do the following to get it working (doesn't apply to beyond0lte):
1. Retry adding fingerprint but this time tap fast and don't press too hard when putting your finger on the sensor for the first time
2. Repeat step 1 until enrollment continues without error
3. After that it will work fine and doesn't need any special handling anymore

EDIT - was able to get it working through a factory reset with the 'tap fast' being the key thing. it needs to fail that first attempt or something?

but it's quite quick once that hassle is over with

Last edited:

Linux4

Recognized Developer
this worked for me on my first install. describes my exact experience

but yea, it's not working right now. you need a logcat or something?
it's immediately throwing up the enrollment error message right when it attempts the first scan (every time)

No need for a logcat, it does work, for retrying you will need to close settings completely, just going *back* is not enough (HAL will stay in that error state)
I'm 100% sure you didn't do so also it works for everyone else

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    What is different between this build and your previous one ?

Read the thread's title ... It's official now.

Big guy, can you come up with a LineageOS that d2q can use, d2q users feel distressed, and there is no rom available

No, sorry hardware is too different.
    builds have been removed from the lineage os website?

Yes, see this for the reason
    This affected all devices so builds of last few days were pulled and sadly we had only that one build yet
    There will be new ones next week