[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for S3 Neo

Search This thread
The-release-of-LineageOS-181-took-place-which-brought-Andrsoid.png
Hello everybody,
Lineage OS 18.1 (Android 11) finally arrived officially with Lineage OS Recovery and discontinued Lineage OS 17.1. If you want to take security and bug fixes updates you need to use Lineage OS 18.1.

New Features!​

• Security patches from April 2020 to March 2021 have been merged to LineageOS 15.1 through 18.1.
    • 18.1 builds are currently based on the android-11.0.0_r32 tag, which is the Pixel series unified tag.
  • Wi-Fi display is available for newer Qualcomm devices, on a device-by-device basis.
  • WebView has been updated to Chromium 89.0.4389.105.
  • Our Recorder app has been vastly improved in more ways than can be counted, go leave yourself a voice-memo so you don’t forget that great idea!
    • Screen recording has been moved to a QS tile to match AOSP’s behavior.
    • The user interface has been revamped and there’s also now a UI for easily viewing, managing, and sharing your voice notes.
    • It’s now possible to choose the quality of your audio recordings to save space.
    • It’s now possible to pause and resume recordings.
  • The FOSS Etar app has been forked, improved, and shipped in place of the stagnant and largely unmaintained AOSP calendar.
  • The Calyx institute’s FOSS Seedvault application has been included as a built-in backup solution.
    • To use it, navigate to Settings -> System -> Backup, and “Change backup provider” to Seedvault. You can then click “Seedvault Backup” to configure, schedule, and encrypt backups!
    • Backups created with Seedvault can be uploaded on your Nextcloud instance, an external USB drive or kept on your local storage.
  • There is now an option on non-A/B devices to update the recovery image alongside the OS, just as the stock OS would!
    • To use this, either enable the option during the initial device setup or navigate to Settings -> System -> (Show More) Updater -> Three Dot Menu in the top right -> and check “Update recovery alongside OS”.
  • Our music app, Eleven now has a more up-to-date UI and integrates nicely with all the new android features for music players such as seeking from the notification.
  • All LineageOS apps now have support for dark mode.
  • (17.1 too) Our recovery now has a new, colorful, and fun UI that is much more accessible.
  • (17.1 too) The firewall can block all connections now by making apps think that the device is in airplane mode.
  • (17.1 too) We’ve introduced a new expandable volume dialog UI that allows you to control multiple volume streams more easily.
  • (17.1 too) The partial screenshot feature has been improved with a new UI that’s easier to use. On 18.1 it also integrates nicely with the new Android’s “instant screenshot”. Long press the screenshot button in the power menu and give it a try!
  • (17.1 too) Trebuchet now supports icon packs.
  • (17.1 too) ADB root was reworked to ensure compatibility with other 3rd party root solutions.
Known Bugs:
-NFC (Unfixeable)
-Reading Mode (Unfixeable)
-Wifi Direct(You need to turn on gps if you want to use wifi direct)
-Some minor issues

Links:
Samsung Sensor (s3ve3gjv)
Sony Sensor (s3ve3gxx)
Dual Sim (s3ve3gds)
Strongly recommend to use Lineage OS Recovery for updates!!
Note:
Use Magisk for root

Changelog:
Sony Sensor (s3ve3gxx)
Dual Sim (s3ve3gds)

Previous LineageOS Roms:
LineageOS 17.1
LineageOS 16

Version Information
ROM OS Version:
11 R
Created: 2021-10-25
Last Updated: 2024-XX-XX (Keeps getting Updates every month)

Last edited:

semih67x

Nov 24, 2021
kanka türksün dimi bi baksana benim telefon kurulum ekranında kalıyor yardımcı olur musun

Translated by GT: bro, you are turkish, take a look, my phone stays on the setup screen, can you help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

4ipon4ik

Nov 26, 2021
Hi! Maybe LineageOS website have a typo? I have Samsung Galaxy S III NEO and in system information it shows model [s3ve3gxx]. In service menu it shows Samsung camera.
By LineageOS info I should have Sony camera. Who should I believe?

helloyello

Feb 11, 2020
Hi,

wondering what TWRP version works with this. I had troubles with backup & restore by using twrp-3.3.1-1-s3ve3g on LineageOS 17.1 and struggled to make it work, see:

Edit:
Just noticed the there's a new twrp-3.6.0_9-0-s3ve3g.img for S3 Neo officially available at:

Has anyone tested this with LineageOS 18.1 ? I'm more intersted in properly handling the partitions and the backup & restore procedure.

Last edited:
Hi,

wondering what TWRP version works with this. I had troubles with backup & restore by using twrp-3.3.1-1-s3ve3g on LineageOS 17.1 and struggled to make it work, see:

Edit:
Just noticed the there's a new twrp-3.6.0_9-0-s3ve3g.img for S3 Neo officially available at:

Has anyone tested this with LineageOS 18.1 ? I'm more intersted in properly handling the partitions and the backup & restore procedure.
lineageOS doesn't support twrp backup and restore if you want to backup use titanium backup, google backup, lineage os seedvault or try this https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/s3ve3gxx/upgrade

tulgahan_alp

Dec 18, 2021
kanka türksün dimi bi baksana benim telefon kurulum ekranında kalıyor yardımcı olur musun

Translated by GT: bro, you are turkish, take a look, my phone stays on the setup screen, can you help me?
Bende aynı sorunu yaşıyorum yardımcı olabilir misin

Translated by GT: I have the same problem can you help me

Last edited by a moderator:

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
I have some WiFi issues. 2.4ghz is slow and sometimes S3 is not connecting.

Update: it's strange behaviour, certain apps say that phone is not connected to internet while others are working fine at the same moment.

Anyone else facing this?

Last edited:

mariocaraf

May 13, 2018
Reactions: BiG_FooT

Update: it's strange behaviour, certain apps say that phone is not connected to internet while others are working fine at the same moment.

Anyone else facing this?
I'm having these issues since I updated to 18.1.
5Ghz only sees one of my APs and 2.4GHz is sloooww and always dropping
Also my baseband is: I9301IXXUAPG1

Last edited:
Reactions: sewengan123

redblur07

Apr 8, 2018
WOW this one is not working for me either. Every time phone starts, it goes up until setup wizard and then restarts. I've tried reinstalling again but still same problem.

Here's what I did

- did factory reset
- wiped dalvik/system/data/internal storage/cache/preload
- installed s3ve3gjv version
- rebooted to recovery (to keep twrp)
- rebooted to system

My TWRP version is above 3.0.0 (the latest one).

Why could I be experiencing this problem. Both this and Android 12 ROM are giving the exact same problem. But when flash LineageOS android 10 s3ve3gjv image, I experience no problem. What should I do?

helloyello

Feb 11, 2020
I can confirm the issues reported with the WiFi connectivity on both 2,4GHz & 5 GHz and I presume it's a driver issue that was not addressed properly.
I'm not getting disconnected, and the signal strength is pretty stable, but as soon as the phone enters standby(doze) while connected on WiFi, when waking up, the connection is broken. It still looks connected, and can disable WiFi & reconnect on both networks, but after the WiFi handshake, the phone RX is broken - doesn't receive packets & doesn't answer to pings. A reboot helps as workaround. And, everything is working ok if you avoid standby during WiFi connectivity.
I tested all this on an OpenWRT router with tcpdump & ping.
I also remember some discussions in the LOS16 thread, where the devs said that they needed to disable power saving on the WiFi, because the driver is messed up. Maybe this should be also done in LOS 18.1.

Some other LOS18.1 observations - experiences:
- apart from the WiFi issue, it looks solid
- there's still the persistent (LOS16/LOS17) bug with BT & WiFi (2,4GHz only) not able to coexist (turned on and in use), WiFi get's disconnected if a BT Headset is used. I guess it's a driver/firmware issue.
- the new TWRP 3.6.0 works OK - get it from:
- ViperFX - the classic installation way doesn't work anymore, but it works well with the Magisk Module and the instructions presented here:

Finally, I made a TWRP full backup of my LOS18.1 installation (a lot of work for the configuration) and reverted to LOS 17.1 (TWRP backup).
I'm considering LOS 18.1 broken and would be thankful if the devs take some time to look into the WiFi issue and fix it.

Reactions: dicamarques

asaf400

Apr 15, 2010
EDIT: SOLVED

Hello,
I have installed latest build (20220425) for my
Samsung Sensor (s3ve3gjv) and I do not have any camera app,
Device Info HW has reported both cameras are from Samsung, the ROM works well, except there is no camera app, and even Whatsapp can't initialize it.

I have installed MindTheGaaps version (11.0.0-arm-20210212_145641), right after flashing the ROM in recovery, setup wizard went smoothly..

Which Camera app do you use, and how?
In settings app --> Installed Apps list, I can see 'Camera', but there is no launcher icon for it..

package name: org.lineageos.snap
version: 2.02.082 (0188f6d9ec-30)

( I'll also post on lineage support, and see if they have an insight )

Edit: Just found this, might be the same issue, I didn't test camera on first boot,
I'll try and install snap from 17.1:

Edit #2: I clean flashed 17.1 for the Sony Sensor (s3ve3gxx),
without installing MindTheGaaps, and camera app showed up, and both cams are working fine..
I'm unsure if the issue was that I actually have the Sony sensor S3 Neo, while software reported Samsung sensors,
or if installing MindTheGaaps after flashing the ROM caused the camera app to now show up at all..
in between, I did install 17.1 for Samsung Sensor but I also installed MindTheGaaps in the flash session..

Edit #3: It seems it was the ROM, even though Method #4 of the Samsung vs Sony thread reported I have 2 Samsung sensors, only the Sony Sensor ROM shows camera icon for me, while Samsung Sensor ROM didn't, Also note I am now on Lineage 17.1, because I dont mind staying a bit behind, and I dont have any more time to fiddle with flashing 18.1 Sony and testing it..

Last edited:

sajjads24

Dec 12, 2014
Shushtar
i need last twrp for s3ve3gdsxx
wher is download odin versian for s3ve3gdsxx ?

Attachments

• PXL_20220609_094756103.jpg
    PXL_20220609_094756103.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The-release-of-LineageOS-181-took-place-which-brought-Andrsoid.png
    Hello everybody,
    Lineage OS 18.1 (Android 11) finally arrived officially with Lineage OS Recovery and discontinued Lineage OS 17.1. If you want to take security and bug fixes updates you need to use Lineage OS 18.1.

New Features!​

• Security patches from April 2020 to March 2021 have been merged to LineageOS 15.1 through 18.1.
      • 18.1 builds are currently based on the android-11.0.0_r32 tag, which is the Pixel series unified tag.
    • Wi-Fi display is available for newer Qualcomm devices, on a device-by-device basis.
    • WebView has been updated to Chromium 89.0.4389.105.
    • Our Recorder app has been vastly improved in more ways than can be counted, go leave yourself a voice-memo so you don’t forget that great idea!
      • Screen recording has been moved to a QS tile to match AOSP’s behavior.
      • The user interface has been revamped and there’s also now a UI for easily viewing, managing, and sharing your voice notes.
      • It’s now possible to choose the quality of your audio recordings to save space.
      • It’s now possible to pause and resume recordings.
    • The FOSS Etar app has been forked, improved, and shipped in place of the stagnant and largely unmaintained AOSP calendar.
    • The Calyx institute’s FOSS Seedvault application has been included as a built-in backup solution.
      • To use it, navigate to Settings -> System -> Backup, and “Change backup provider” to Seedvault. You can then click “Seedvault Backup” to configure, schedule, and encrypt backups!
      • Backups created with Seedvault can be uploaded on your Nextcloud instance, an external USB drive or kept on your local storage.
    • There is now an option on non-A/B devices to update the recovery image alongside the OS, just as the stock OS would!
      • To use this, either enable the option during the initial device setup or navigate to Settings -> System -> (Show More) Updater -> Three Dot Menu in the top right -> and check “Update recovery alongside OS”.
    • Our music app, Eleven now has a more up-to-date UI and integrates nicely with all the new android features for music players such as seeking from the notification.
    • All LineageOS apps now have support for dark mode.
    • (17.1 too) Our recovery now has a new, colorful, and fun UI that is much more accessible.
    • (17.1 too) The firewall can block all connections now by making apps think that the device is in airplane mode.
    • (17.1 too) We’ve introduced a new expandable volume dialog UI that allows you to control multiple volume streams more easily.
    • (17.1 too) The partial screenshot feature has been improved with a new UI that’s easier to use. On 18.1 it also integrates nicely with the new Android’s “instant screenshot”. Long press the screenshot button in the power menu and give it a try!
    • (17.1 too) Trebuchet now supports icon packs.
    • (17.1 too) ADB root was reworked to ensure compatibility with other 3rd party root solutions.
    Known Bugs:
    -NFC (Unfixeable)
    -Reading Mode (Unfixeable)
    -Wifi Direct(You need to turn on gps if you want to use wifi direct)
    -Some minor issues

Links:
    Sony Sensor (s3ve3gxx)
    Dual Sim (s3ve3gds)
    Strongly recommend to use Lineage OS Recovery for updates!!
    Note:
    Use Magisk for root

Changelog:
    Sony Sensor (s3ve3gxx)
    Dual Sim (s3ve3gds)

Previous LineageOS Roms:
    LineageOS 17.1
    LineageOS 16

Version Information
    ROM OS Version:
    11 R
    Created: 2021-10-25
    Last Updated: 2024-XX-XX (Keeps getting Updates every month)
    Thanks for the detailed explanation.
    I am flashing custom rom on build number I9300IXXSBPF1.
    The official ROM region that I flash the custom ROM on is for UAE.
    I checked and saw that the release date of the official ROMs of the UAE region is no different from that of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and North Africa, and all were released on the same day.
    Following all the tips you said, it still bootloops in the Setup Wizard.
    Perhaps your modem did not update after you flashed I9300IXXSBPF1. Some Users have had similar issues like this where they booted up with the new stock firmware but the modem was not updated. Apparently it helps to flash the stock firmware several times to update the modem.

If you flashed I9300IXXSBPF1 then your baseband should be I9300IXXUBPF2. If that's the case and you still face this reboot at setup wizard then feel free to ignore what I have mentioned before 🏃‍♂️
    do you have the latest bootloader?, it is recommended to have the latest firmware, for example Greek firmware:
    samsung sensor:

sony sensor:

you can also have hardware problems, right?

in the house we have 2 s3 neo one sony the other samsung, no problem,with los 18.1.

Anyone else facing this?
    I'm having these issues since I updated to 18.1.
    5Ghz only sees one of my APs and 2.4GHz is sloooww and always dropping
    Also my baseband is: I9301IXXUAPG1
    I can confirm the issues reported with the WiFi connectivity on both 2,4GHz & 5 GHz and I presume it's a driver issue that was not addressed properly.
    I'm not getting disconnected, and the signal strength is pretty stable, but as soon as the phone enters standby(doze) while connected on WiFi, when waking up, the connection is broken. It still looks connected, and can disable WiFi & reconnect on both networks, but after the WiFi handshake, the phone RX is broken - doesn't receive packets & doesn't answer to pings. A reboot helps as workaround. And, everything is working ok if you avoid standby during WiFi connectivity.
    I tested all this on an OpenWRT router with tcpdump & ping.
    I also remember some discussions in the LOS16 thread, where the devs said that they needed to disable power saving on the WiFi, because the driver is messed up. Maybe this should be also done in LOS 18.1.

Some other LOS18.1 observations - experiences:
    - apart from the WiFi issue, it looks solid
    - there's still the persistent (LOS16/LOS17) bug with BT & WiFi (2,4GHz only) not able to coexist (turned on and in use), WiFi get's disconnected if a BT Headset is used. I guess it's a driver/firmware issue.
    - the new TWRP 3.6.0 works OK - get it from:
    - ViperFX - the classic installation way doesn't work anymore, but it works well with the Magisk Module and the instructions presented here:

Finally, I made a TWRP full backup of my LOS18.1 installation (a lot of work for the configuration) and reverted to LOS 17.1 (TWRP backup).
    I'm considering LOS 18.1 broken and would be thankful if the devs take some time to look into the WiFi issue and fix it.