[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for S3 Neo

Search This thread

Joska Pista

Jan 26, 2021
Mariocaraf, you are a Godsend! You saved my phone! With the replacement battery I could restore my backup and checked it and everything works! Magisk works and every app that needs SU rights gets it. So for example Afwall+ now works. I did not check every single app but probably they all work too, and if not, I can just reinstall them. Only ACCA crashed, but I didn't like it that much anyway, so it might be a good riddance.
You also always replied very quickly and had always useful tips. Thanks for your help buddy!

Reactions: mariocaraf

mariocaraf

May 13, 2018
unfortunately in Italy they are turning off the 3g, and soon I will have to throw the phone, because it does not have the 4g, sigh ..

Joska Pista

Jan 26, 2021
unfortunately in Italy they are turning off the 3g, and soon I will have to throw the phone, because it does not have the 4g, sigh ..
Maybe you can try an S5 Neo, it's probably quite cheap nowdays and has a much better hardware than the S3 Neo. Seedvault can probably transfer your settings betwean phone types. Or there are a few new Motorola phones with replacable batteries. They are on the low end hardware, but they are also not very expensive for that type.

Last edited:

Joska Pista

Jan 26, 2021
[FEATURE REQUEST]

I would like to have the reatart menu of the LOS 16 back, it was perfect, and the new menu is is much worse.

I also would like to have the options for Recovery mode and Download mode enabled by default.

Also the long tap of the back button should quit the running app by default.

Joska Pista

Jan 26, 2021
This may contain some truth for Samsung phones.
For other phones, capable of fastboot, it's not true at all.

Also re: TWRP versions: I've found that backups written with one version sometimes cannot be used with a different version.
Yeah well, the thing is that you have to use Odin and fastboot to install another recovery. Even the Lineage Recovery has to be installed from TWRP, becouse it does not allow .img installs. Neighter .apk installs for that matter.

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
The same has happened in Germany before - still the Neo gets sold for rather high prices, so there must be use cases for it ;)
For LTE and small form factor and at least LOS 18.1, I'm a fan of the S4mini (the I9195 variant has got LTE). Can be had at about the same price.
[FEATURE REQUEST]

I would like to have the reatart menu of the LOS 16 back, it was perfect, and the new menu is is much worse.

I also would like to have the options for Recovery mode and Download mode enabled by default.

Also the long tap of the back button should quit the running app by default.
Look for restart apps - I've even seen one on FDroid if you're not into Google too much. You won't even need the power button for that.

The long back tap can be configured in the settings (even outside of dev options now). If everyone would get their personal preferences merged into LOS defaults ...

Joska Pista

Jan 26, 2021
with this app and root, you can shut down, restart and enter recovery or bootloader
You don't need an app for that. On LOS 16 the reboot menu is perfect, on 18.1 you still have the option to reboot into Recovery or Download mode but it is turned off by default and you have to enable it in settings. And also they gave Reboot a different menu so you have to tap twice instead of once.

kmini3g

Jul 31, 2022
View attachment 5458829Hello everybody,
Lineage OS 18.1 (Android 11) finally arrived officially with Lineage OS Recovery and discontinued Lineage OS 17.1. If you want to take security and bug fixes updates you need to use Lineage OS 18.1.

New Features!​

• Security patches from April 2020 to March 2021 have been merged to LineageOS 15.1 through 18.1.
    • 18.1 builds are currently based on the android-11.0.0_r32 tag, which is the Pixel series unified tag.
  • Wi-Fi display is available for newer Qualcomm devices, on a device-by-device basis.
  • WebView has been updated to Chromium 89.0.4389.105.
  • Our Recorder app has been vastly improved in more ways than can be counted, go leave yourself a voice-memo so you don’t forget that great idea!
    • Screen recording has been moved to a QS tile to match AOSP’s behavior.
    • The user interface has been revamped and there’s also now a UI for easily viewing, managing, and sharing your voice notes.
    • It’s now possible to choose the quality of your audio recordings to save space.
    • It’s now possible to pause and resume recordings.
  • The FOSS Etar app has been forked, improved, and shipped in place of the stagnant and largely unmaintained AOSP calendar.
  • The Calyx institute’s FOSS Seedvault application has been included as a built-in backup solution.
    • To use it, navigate to Settings -> System -> Backup, and “Change backup provider” to Seedvault. You can then click “Seedvault Backup” to configure, schedule, and encrypt backups!
    • Backups created with Seedvault can be uploaded on your Nextcloud instance, an external USB drive or kept on your local storage.
  • There is now an option on non-A/B devices to update the recovery image alongside the OS, just as the stock OS would!
    • To use this, either enable the option during the initial device setup or navigate to Settings -> System -> (Show More) Updater -> Three Dot Menu in the top right -> and check “Update recovery alongside OS”.
  • Our music app, Eleven now has a more up-to-date UI and integrates nicely with all the new android features for music players such as seeking from the notification.
  • All LineageOS apps now have support for dark mode.
  • (17.1 too) Our recovery now has a new, colorful, and fun UI that is much more accessible.
  • (17.1 too) The firewall can block all connections now by making apps think that the device is in airplane mode.
  • (17.1 too) We’ve introduced a new expandable volume dialog UI that allows you to control multiple volume streams more easily.
  • (17.1 too) The partial screenshot feature has been improved with a new UI that’s easier to use. On 18.1 it also integrates nicely with the new Android’s “instant screenshot”. Long press the screenshot button in the power menu and give it a try!
  • (17.1 too) Trebuchet now supports icon packs.
  • (17.1 too) ADB root was reworked to ensure compatibility with other 3rd party root solutions.
Known Bugs:
-NFC (Unfixeable)
-Reading Mode (Unfixeable)
-Wifi Direct(You need to turn on gps if you want to use wifi direct)
-Some minor issues

Links:
Samsung Sensor (s3ve3gjv)
Sony Sensor (s3ve3gxx)
Dual Sim (s3ve3gds)
Strongly recommend to use Lineage OS Recovery for updates!!
Note:
Use Magisk for root

Changelog:
Sony Sensor (s3ve3gxx)
Dual Sim (s3ve3gds)

Previous LineageOS Roms:
LineageOS 17.1
LineageOS 16

Version Information
ROM OS Version:
11 R
Created: 2021-10-25
Last Updated: 2022-03-21 (Still Updating)
S3 neo ile s5 mini g800h aynı cihazlar hocam nasıl portlarız yardım edin lütfen kmini3g

dragoonk

Nov 6, 2014
I get an error immediately after the phone boots right after installation. It says "Factory data reset" and reboots back into the recovery. I am using TWRP 3.6.1_9-0

Stephco03

Aug 22, 2018
hello,
I managed to put this rom, and I have a big problem.
when I make a call, no one hears me, I have to speak on the edge of the microphone, I have to shout so that people can hear me a little.
is there a solution?
Thanks a lot

mariocaraf

May 13, 2018
hello,
I managed to put this rom, and I have a big problem.
when I make a call, no one hears me, I have to speak on the edge of the microphone, I have to shout so that people can hear me a little.
is there a solution?
Thanks a lot
reinstall the latest stock firmware, if everything works, install the rom, otherwise, you have hardware problems.

hunter3000

Dec 14, 2010
Wonderland
www.youtube.com
I got strange glitch effect on philips hue app, and seems that overall graphics/animations is lagging. Have S3 Neo Sony Camera variant. Do i need to do something in settings or is normal to be like that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The-release-of-LineageOS-181-took-place-which-brought-Andrsoid.png
    Hello everybody,
    Lineage OS 18.1 (Android 11) finally arrived officially with Lineage OS Recovery and discontinued Lineage OS 17.1. If you want to take security and bug fixes updates you need to use Lineage OS 18.1.

New Features!​

• Security patches from April 2020 to March 2021 have been merged to LineageOS 15.1 through 18.1.
      • 18.1 builds are currently based on the android-11.0.0_r32 tag, which is the Pixel series unified tag.
    • Wi-Fi display is available for newer Qualcomm devices, on a device-by-device basis.
    • WebView has been updated to Chromium 89.0.4389.105.
    • Our Recorder app has been vastly improved in more ways than can be counted, go leave yourself a voice-memo so you don’t forget that great idea!
      • Screen recording has been moved to a QS tile to match AOSP’s behavior.
      • The user interface has been revamped and there’s also now a UI for easily viewing, managing, and sharing your voice notes.
      • It’s now possible to choose the quality of your audio recordings to save space.
      • It’s now possible to pause and resume recordings.
    • The FOSS Etar app has been forked, improved, and shipped in place of the stagnant and largely unmaintained AOSP calendar.
    • The Calyx institute’s FOSS Seedvault application has been included as a built-in backup solution.
      • To use it, navigate to Settings -> System -> Backup, and “Change backup provider” to Seedvault. You can then click “Seedvault Backup” to configure, schedule, and encrypt backups!
      • Backups created with Seedvault can be uploaded on your Nextcloud instance, an external USB drive or kept on your local storage.
    • There is now an option on non-A/B devices to update the recovery image alongside the OS, just as the stock OS would!
      • To use this, either enable the option during the initial device setup or navigate to Settings -> System -> (Show More) Updater -> Three Dot Menu in the top right -> and check “Update recovery alongside OS”.
    • Our music app, Eleven now has a more up-to-date UI and integrates nicely with all the new android features for music players such as seeking from the notification.
    • All LineageOS apps now have support for dark mode.
    • (17.1 too) Our recovery now has a new, colorful, and fun UI that is much more accessible.
    • (17.1 too) The firewall can block all connections now by making apps think that the device is in airplane mode.
    • (17.1 too) We’ve introduced a new expandable volume dialog UI that allows you to control multiple volume streams more easily.
    • (17.1 too) The partial screenshot feature has been improved with a new UI that’s easier to use. On 18.1 it also integrates nicely with the new Android’s “instant screenshot”. Long press the screenshot button in the power menu and give it a try!
    • (17.1 too) Trebuchet now supports icon packs.
    • (17.1 too) ADB root was reworked to ensure compatibility with other 3rd party root solutions.
    Known Bugs:
    -NFC (Unfixeable)
    -Reading Mode (Unfixeable)
    -Wifi Direct(You need to turn on gps if you want to use wifi direct)
    -Some minor issues

Links:
    Sony Sensor (s3ve3gxx)
    Dual Sim (s3ve3gds)
    Strongly recommend to use Lineage OS Recovery for updates!!
    Note:
    Use Magisk for root

Changelog:
    Sony Sensor (s3ve3gxx)
    Dual Sim (s3ve3gds)

Previous LineageOS Roms:
    LineageOS 17.1
    LineageOS 16

Version Information
    ROM OS Version:
    11 R
    Created: 2021-10-25
    Last Updated: 2024-XX-XX (Keeps getting Updates every month)
    Thanks for the detailed explanation.
    I am flashing custom rom on build number I9300IXXSBPF1.
    The official ROM region that I flash the custom ROM on is for UAE.
    I checked and saw that the release date of the official ROMs of the UAE region is no different from that of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and North Africa, and all were released on the same day.
    Following all the tips you said, it still bootloops in the Setup Wizard.
    Perhaps your modem did not update after you flashed I9300IXXSBPF1. Some Users have had similar issues like this where they booted up with the new stock firmware but the modem was not updated. Apparently it helps to flash the stock firmware several times to update the modem.

If you flashed I9300IXXSBPF1 then your baseband should be I9300IXXUBPF2. If that's the case and you still face this reboot at setup wizard then feel free to ignore what I have mentioned before 🏃‍♂️
    do you have the latest bootloader?, it is recommended to have the latest firmware, for example Greek firmware:
    samsung sensor:

sony sensor:

you can also have hardware problems, right?

in the house we have 2 s3 neo one sony the other samsung, no problem,with los 18.1.
    I have some WiFi issues. 2.4ghz is slow and sometimes S3 is not connecting.

Update: it's strange behaviour, certain apps say that phone is not connected to internet while others are working fine at the same moment.

Anyone else facing this?
    I'm having these issues since I updated to 18.1.
    5Ghz only sees one of my APs and 2.4GHz is sloooww and always dropping
    Also my baseband is: I9301IXXUAPG1
    I can confirm the issues reported with the WiFi connectivity on both 2,4GHz & 5 GHz and I presume it's a driver issue that was not addressed properly.
    I'm not getting disconnected, and the signal strength is pretty stable, but as soon as the phone enters standby(doze) while connected on WiFi, when waking up, the connection is broken. It still looks connected, and can disable WiFi & reconnect on both networks, but after the WiFi handshake, the phone RX is broken - doesn't receive packets & doesn't answer to pings. A reboot helps as workaround. And, everything is working ok if you avoid standby during WiFi connectivity.
    I tested all this on an OpenWRT router with tcpdump & ping.
    I also remember some discussions in the LOS16 thread, where the devs said that they needed to disable power saving on the WiFi, because the driver is messed up. Maybe this should be also done in LOS 18.1.

Some other LOS18.1 observations - experiences:
    - apart from the WiFi issue, it looks solid
    - there's still the persistent (LOS16/LOS17) bug with BT & WiFi (2,4GHz only) not able to coexist (turned on and in use), WiFi get's disconnected if a BT Headset is used. I guess it's a driver/firmware issue.
    - the new TWRP 3.6.0 works OK - get it from:
    - ViperFX - the classic installation way doesn't work anymore, but it works well with the Magisk Module and the instructions presented here:

Finally, I made a TWRP full backup of my LOS18.1 installation (a lot of work for the configuration) and reverted to LOS 17.1 (TWRP backup).
    I'm considering LOS 18.1 broken and would be thankful if the devs take some time to look into the WiFi issue and fix it.