LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
Device source code:
- msm8974-common (shared by all Samsung msm8974 devices): LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8974-common
- hlte-common (shared by all hlte* devices): LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hlte-common
- hlte: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hlte
- hltechn: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hltechn
- hltekor: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hltekor
- hltetmo: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hltetmo
The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
|hltekor||SM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S|
|hltetmo||SM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8|
- External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
- The latest TWRP does work, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
- If you are encrypted, even with insecure boot, you absolutely must format userdata on upgrade, as noted in upgrade instructions in wiki.
- If you are not encrypted then disable lockscreen before upgrading and it *should* work without wiping userdata.
- If you didn't disable lockscreen before upgrading then delete the lockscreen files and it *should* work. Use the power of search, I'm not going to help out with this one -- it's an unsupported path.
- If you get terribly stuck then wipe userdata as our official upgrade guide notes.
- I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.