[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (hlte*)

Search This thread

bilatche

Dec 7, 2010
when receive a call, phone is ringing but nothing appears on screen...
what could I do ??

EDIT : PROBLEM SOLVED BY MAKING A CALL FIRST.

Last edited:

odoll

Feb 12, 2017
But since LOS 19.1 requires officially a newer kernel and we are still on 3.x, chances are there that we won't see an official LOS 19.1 ...
That said I'd really appreciate that 'thinner' devices, not qualifying for a next LOS major release upgrade, wouldn't "fade out" of the "lower releases LOS Support" such easily, but would still get e.g. monthly updates as long as the Android release hasn't been put EOL by Google?!
Donations:
  • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
When I read haggertk comments I think the (technical) resources are not the limiting factor theses days!?

Last edited:

rezpower

Oct 30, 2018
After an update, is it possible to go back to an older build I have saved on my phone? Can someone please explain how this can be done? I have twrp as recovery. Also just want to make sure it's safe and it will not remove or alter any existing installed apps.

odoll

Feb 12, 2017
"Going back in time" can have some risks, but yes, it's doable. Anyhow perform a proper (Nandroid) backup before!

Boot into recovery, delete / wipe System, Dalvik/Cache
Install 'older' system lineage-18.1-YYYYMMDD-nightly-hlte-signed.zip (plus GApps, plus Magisk; optional / "must" if used before)
reboot into system

rezpower

Oct 30, 2018
"Going back in time" can have some risks, but yes, it's doable. Anyhow perform a proper (Nandroid) backup before!

Boot into recovery, delete / wipe System, Dalvik/Cache
Install 'older' system lineage-18.1-YYYYMMDD-nightly-hlte-signed.zip (plus GApps, plus Magisk; optional / "must" if used before)
reboot into system
Thanks a lot for your reply. Finally maybe not updating anymore is a wiser decision!? I have found a very stable phone and my battery has never worked so well. I better not forget that normally I should be on Android 5! So already a miracle for me :)

TheSpineSPG

Jul 12, 2022
Hello there!
I have a noob question. Is somebody have issues with nfc payments on this build?
GPay successfully reads card with nfc but not reacting on the terminal requests.
LineageOS 18.1 latest, Magisk latest with Shamiko and Universal SafetyNet Fix.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Samsung galaxy note 3 SM-N900L (hltekor)
1. Falsh 2016 latest firmware
2.Twrp 3.6.2.9.0 .tar installed
3. Wipe - formate data & clear cache , dalvic ,data , internal storage, system-- cleared
4. Install - sd card - lineage os , havoc os (hltekor ) installed
5. Clear cache and dalvic
6. Reboot system
7. Samsung logo ON for 5-6 sec then OFF with vibration then ON for 5-6 sec this loop continues

Any one please help me I am trying this for more than 2 weeks no one is helping for me even i asked in lineage os community they also not replying

No specific reason but just wondering whether you want to try LineageOS recovery instead?

I assume as well that you tried different builds of LineageOS just in case one has an issue so far not yet reported? And you are not using any GApps, right?
Sir mainly i tried Lineage recovery and twrp each one stuck in bootloop and also i tried every single rom of A10 & A11 . But before 10 minutes i found the solution sir . I found in internet that to clear cache and dalvic one again then reboot. It worked for me sir. But when after coming back to recovery for download gapps then after installing again i gave reboot . Then again stuck to bootloop sir.this the problem i think you understand clearly

Last edited:

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Sir mainly i tried Lineage recovery and twrp each one stuck in bootloop and also i tried every single rom of A10 & A11 . But before 10 minutes i found the solution sir . I found in internet that to clear cache and dalvic one again then reboot. It worked for me sir. But when after coming back to recovery for download gapps then after installing again i gave reboot . Then again stuck to bootloop sir.this the problem i think you understand clearly
Which GApps exactly are you flashing?

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018

Reading carefully once more your message, I see one more possible flaw:

Don't boot the system and try afterwards to flash any kind of GApps!

The process should be always first to flash system and GApps and second to boot the system! There are different opinions on how to achieve the first: My experience (after formatting-wiping all relevant partitions if starting with a fresh installation) is that I can flash system and GApps in one go, wipe possibly once more cache/Dalvik (while actually only relevant if updating) and then reboot. Some people recommend to flash first system, boot again to recovery, flash then GApps and boot finally the system - with or without wiping in between cache/Dalvik.

If updating manually later on, no need to flash GApps again but only new system (but don't wipe system) and wipe in that case cache/Dalvik as final step before rebooting. This is unless upgrading to a new major version of Android.

May 3, 2012
18.1 is the smoothest rom I have tried of all the version of Los, but n9002 can't charge and usb doesn't work, what a pity:(

hope someone could fix this

Reading carefully once more your message, I see one more possible flaw:

Don't boot the system and try afterwards to flash any kind of GApps!

The process should be always first to flash system and GApps and second to boot the system! There are different opinions on how to achieve the first: My experience (after formatting-wiping all relevant partitions if starting with a fresh installation) is that I can flash system and GApps in one go, wipe possibly once more cache/Dalvik (while actually only relevant if updating) and then reboot. Some people recommend to flash first system, boot again to recovery, flash then GApps and boot finally the system - with or without wiping in between cache/Dalvik.

If updating manually later on, no need to flash GApps again but only new system (but don't wipe system) and wipe in that case cache/Dalvik as final step before rebooting. This is unless upgrading to a new major version of Android.
Bro even without gapps it is not working. I attached the photo and vedio below this please reffer that

Attachments

• IMG_20220717_210013.jpg
    IMG_20220717_210013.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • Untitled.mp4
    9.2 MB · Views: 0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
    BuildModel
    hlteSM-N9005, SM-N900P
    hltechnSM-N9008V
    hltekorSM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S
    hltetmoSM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    Reporting Bugs:
    Compatibility Notes:
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    • The latest TWRP does work, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
    • If you are encrypted, even with insecure boot, you absolutely must format userdata on upgrade, as noted in upgrade instructions in wiki.
      • If you are not encrypted then disable lockscreen before upgrading and it *should* work without wiping userdata.
      • If you didn't disable lockscreen before upgrading then delete the lockscreen files and it *should* work. Use the power of search, I'm not going to help out with this one -- it's an unsupported path.
      • If you get terribly stuck then wipe userdata as our official upgrade guide notes.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
    Hi, your work is wonderful, please add lineage os 19.1 please
    I don't know if there will be an official LineageOS 19.0 version,
    but if you wan't to have a small insight, you can test my alpha build :).
    Most things are already working, except RIL and GPS, but I'm working on this.

There will be an own thread, so please don't report here any bugs.
    Interesting you say that as i had some crackling on the old baseband i was running although i've never really looked into it...

I've just tested on baseband: N9005XXUGBOJ1 with no issues to report :)
    Well, thanks!
    That's great sharing this with us, very weird of baseband to cause that sound crackling. I'm going to upgrade my baseband to see if it is going to solve this bug.
    EDIT: Flashed Nordic Countries baseband solved the issue! Thanks man!
    I'm currently using RL1 bootloader (from latest EGY firmware) and QB1 baseband (from latest Nordic Countries firmware).
    They're the recommended ones from baseband and bootloader topic on general forum because they are the most
    updated ones till now. (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")

PS: for anyone who want to flash the bootloader and baseband I mentioned above, I've uploaded them again on the
    general forum thread for bootloader and baseband discussion in a reply, as all links in the post are dead.
    (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")
    You can find them here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-firmware-for-sm-n9005.3582504/post-85128029
    installed and have to say WOW this rom seems not only stable but smoother than los 17.1 for me everything works well my only complaint is for spen still not blocking touch inputs when use and have less priority than finger touch, but aside that I think Is perfect for daily use.
    device n900w8, install with twrp, los 18.1 mindthegapps and magisk
    Does QC working on hlte?
    in short: yes

in long: all aosp-based roms can charge up to 1800mA max (compared to 1200mA on stock iirc). you can check the input current using battery monitoring apps like amplify or batteryguru
    if it doesn't go 1800 max, check your wall adapter(charger) if it's capable of at least 5V-2A output and/or your cable/charging port if it's damaged or not(or in the case of the cable, if it can deliver that amount of current or not)

p.s. i've also read your reply on the abandoned havoc thread so i decided to explain it here instead