you have to update to last modem and bootloader....
May I suggest to add a hint to the first post (@haggertk) at the Installation Instructions: section, that you have to use a specific BL/CP (though people tend to not read or follow any instructions )
No, it's working as usual. Try a clean reflash or update your baseband and bootloader if they are too old. Check Note 3 General forum you'll find a thread there for this.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Thanks for keeping note 3 alive
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
Device source code:
Kernel source code:
- msm8974-common (shared by all Samsung msm8974 devices): LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8974-common
- hlte-common (shared by all hlte* devices): LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hlte-common
- hlte: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hlte
- hltechn: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hltechn
- hltekor: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hltekor
- hltetmo: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hltetmo
The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
Build Model hlte SM-N9005, SM-N900P hltechn SM-N9008V hltekor SM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S hltetmo SM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8
- External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
- The latest TWRP does work, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
- If you are encrypted, even with insecure boot, you absolutely must format userdata on upgrade, as noted in upgrade instructions in wiki.
- If you are not encrypted then disable lockscreen before upgrading and it *should* work without wiping userdata.
- If you didn't disable lockscreen before upgrading then delete the lockscreen files and it *should* work. Use the power of search, I'm not going to help out with this one -- it's an unsupported path.
- If you get terribly stuck then wipe userdata as our official upgrade guide notes.
- I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well
hlte, but I think (not really sure) both sim cards will not work. You may give it a try, though. Just make sure to have the latest bootloader and baseband for your model before trying, If you are not sure then you can download and flash the latest available firmware with Odin on your device model. It may give a higher chance of a one sim working. But at the end there is no gurantee that it will work.
if I recall correctly (?!) it can make a difference if you just reboot rather than powering off the phone before flashing.
Thanks very much! I followed the KHIZAR'S METHOD and it worked! Now I don't have the annoying crackling sound effect anymore, WiFi and GPS seems to works well and faster, but there is no 4G yet (maybe a Hardware problem, because I don't have the original USB module, I'm not sure), and the video camera can't record in 60-120fps yet...
60fps and 120fps aren't supported on aosp/lineage roms on note 3, the former only works on stock/touchwiz-based romsThanks very much! I followed the KHIZAR'S METHOD and it worked! Now I don't have the annoying crackling sound effect anymore, WiFi and GPS seems to works well and faster, but there is no 4G yet (maybe a Hardware problem, because I don't have the original USB module, I'm not sure), and the video camera can't record in 60-120fps yet...
If anyone knows how to solve the camera issue, I would appreciate it, in the meantime, I will continue to investigate, maybe I'll buy a death Note 3 just for take apart the original USB module and test if that's the reason that I can't get LTE band to work. Thanks again!
I have installed the newly released openGapps and my obb problems have gone away. Seems that mindthegapps didn't get the android 11 security right.Thanks for the quick response. Strange bug, it was crashing the UI as I mentioned even after installing the latest nightly, but once I reordered the buttons the bug disappeared. This may be useful to someone at some point.
Thanks for the heads up on the OBB problem. It seems it this security feature that has been causing me my headaches with the few applications that aren't able to install.
|hltekor||SM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S|
|hltetmo||SM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8|
in short: yes