• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (hlte*)

Search This thread

dmg210

Nov 3, 2007
Is anyone having problems with the video camera? I can take photos with the default Camera app and also ProCam X but i'm unable to record video footage :(

Build: lineage-18.1-20210522-nightly-hlte-signed.zip

Screenshot_20210527-145412_Camera.png
Screenshot_20210527-145505_ProCam_X.png

Hassan 4

Apr 6, 2013

dmg210

Nov 3, 2007
you have to update to last modem and bootloader....
Thanks for the quick reply.

After checking the bootloader and modem version it appears i've never updated the firmware since purchasing the device back in 2014.

I was unable to find pre-compiled packages on the forum so i decided to extract the files from a Sam Mobile image.

My old versions:
Bootloader: N9005XXUEND3 - Mon, 14 Apr 2014)
Modem: N9005XXUENC2 - Mon, 14 Apr 2014)

Latest version from Sam Mobile:
Bootloader: N9005XXSGBRI2 - Fri, 07 Sep 2018
Modem: N9005XXUGBOJ1 - Fri, 07 Sep 2018

Once i extracted the bootloader + modem files i created a couple of archives called bootloader.tar.md5 + modem.tar.md5

bootloader.tar.md5
- aboot.mbn
- rpm.mbn
- sbl1.mbn
- sdi.mbn
- tz.mbn

modem.tar.md5
- modem.bin
- NON-HLOS.bin

I then proceeded to flash using Odin v3.10 and everything updated successfully.

After rebooting the phone, i'm pleased to confirm the video recorder is now working correctly :)

Thank you so much, i really appreciate the support.

LineageOS 18.1 on a 7 year old phone rocks!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: LightSpectrum

Hassan 4

Apr 6, 2013
Can anyone confirm sound crackling bug on Nordic countries baseband?
I'm currently on EGY baseband and bootloader. I don't think it's related to baseband but I heard someone on General forum saying that flashing Nordic countires baseband solved sound issues on lineage roms.
Steps to reproduce this bug is playing music on background using default music app, then going to settings-sounds, and adjusting notification volume to play a notification sound where then a sound crackling occurs.
If someone with Nordic countries baseband (or any other baseband) can try this and respond wether bug is happening or not with it, I'd be very thankful. I'm currently have a very little time free and I don't want to mess with the phone without knowing for sure it would fix the bug.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusOSx

dmg210

Nov 3, 2007
Interesting you say that as i had some crackling on the old baseband i was running although i've never really looked into it...

I've just tested on baseband: N9005XXUGBOJ1 with no issues to report :)

Attachments

• screen-20210603-114646.mp4
    11.5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Hassan 4

Hassan 4

Apr 6, 2013
Interesting you say that as i had some crackling on the old baseband i was running although i've never really looked into it...

Well, thanks!
That's great sharing this with us, very weird of baseband to cause that sound crackling. I'm going to upgrade my baseband to see if it is going to solve this bug.
EDIT: Flashed Nordic Countries baseband solved the issue! Thanks man!
I'm currently using RL1 bootloader (from latest EGY firmware) and QB1 baseband (from latest Nordic Countries firmware).
They're the recommended ones from baseband and bootloader topic on general forum because they are the most
updated ones till now. (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")

PS: for anyone who want to flash the bootloader and baseband I mentioned above, I've uploaded them again on the
general forum thread for bootloader and baseband discussion in a reply, as all links in the post are dead.
(FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")
You can find them here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-firmware-for-sm-n9005.3582504/post-85128029

Last edited:

Dr.][No_WaY

Dec 23, 2011
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
Kernel source code:

Build Compatibility:
The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
BuildModel
hlteSM-N9005, SM-N900P
hltechnSM-N9008V
hltekorSM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S
hltetmoSM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8

Downloads:
Installation Instructions:
Reporting Bugs:
Compatibility Notes:
  • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
  • The latest TWRP does work, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
  • If you are encrypted, even with insecure boot, you absolutely must format userdata on upgrade, as noted in upgrade instructions in wiki.
    • If you are not encrypted then disable lockscreen before upgrading and it *should* work without wiping userdata.
    • If you didn't disable lockscreen before upgrading then delete the lockscreen files and it *should* work. Use the power of search, I'm not going to help out with this one -- it's an unsupported path.
    • If you get terribly stuck then wipe userdata as our official upgrade guide notes.
Donations:
  • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well
Thanks for keeping note 3 alive
I have n9002 model , can you please provide me a appropriate rom for it.

With regards

Hassan 4

Apr 6, 2013
Hlte or hlteschn? No problem for losing 2nd sim
But it will work with no problem?
hlte, but I think (not really sure) both sim cards will not work. You may give it a try, though. Just make sure to have the latest bootloader and baseband for your model before trying, If you are not sure then you can download and flash the latest available firmware with Odin on your device model. It may give a higher chance of a one sim working. But at the end there is no gurantee that it will work.

Last edited:

LightSpectrum

Jun 13, 2018
Hello I am trying to update the BL and CP of my N9005, I have used the files shared by @Hassan 4 (by the way, excellent contribution, thank you very much!), in Odin it appears as successful process, but when it comes to reboot, nothing changes, I still have the same BL and CP, what should I do?

-----Details-----
*PC: Windows 7, Odin in its latest version, the drivers are well installed.
*Phone: Note 3 N9005
BL: N9005XXSGBRL1 Baseband: N9005XXUGBPB1

I have problems with crackling sound, the camera records video only at 30fps, does not support 60fps or 120fps, I do not receive 4G signal, so far I only use 3G, the battery lasts relatively little (half a day), the GPS sometimes takes a while to update position...

I suspect that all these problems would be solved if I could update my BL and CP. Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: Hassan 4

lemonmkw

Jan 11, 2017
hello, my phone keeps restarting itself randomly and I don't know why. Could it be because of a dirty flash or me using twrp instead of lineage? If so how can I switch recoveries

LightSpectrum

Jun 13, 2018
if I recall correctly (?!) it can make a difference if you just reboot rather than powering off the phone before flashing.
Thanks very much! I followed the KHIZAR'S METHOD and it worked! Now I don't have the annoying crackling sound effect anymore, WiFi and GPS seems to works well and faster, but there is no 4G yet (maybe a Hardware problem, because I don't have the original USB module, I'm not sure), and the video camera can't record in 60-120fps yet...

If anyone knows how to solve the camera issue, I would appreciate it, in the meantime, I will continue to investigate, maybe I'll buy a death Note 3 just for take apart the original USB module and test if that's the reason that I can't get LTE band to work. Thanks again!

r0mushii

Thanks very much! I followed the KHIZAR'S METHOD and it worked! Now I don't have the annoying crackling sound effect anymore, WiFi and GPS seems to works well and faster, but there is no 4G yet (maybe a Hardware problem, because I don't have the original USB module, I'm not sure), and the video camera can't record in 60-120fps yet...

If anyone knows how to solve the camera issue, I would appreciate it, in the meantime, I will continue to investigate, maybe I'll buy a death Note 3 just for take apart the original USB module and test if that's the reason that I can't get LTE band to work. Thanks again!
60fps and 120fps aren't supported on aosp/lineage roms on note 3, the former only works on stock/touchwiz-based roms
as for the network, check if the network/isp you're using supports the network bands on your device (most likely will be but you have to make sure) and/or check your apn settings or use a different network provider

Reactions: LightSpectrum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you make a version for the SM-T210?
    Wrong thread
    Hi, today I flashed the latest nightly build of this great ROM on my note 3 (SM-N900P), and everything seems to work amazing, except, when I try to download any app from the Play Store it says that I need to free up space on my storage, but my storage is 85% empty which means there is 27gb free space.

I used nano opengapps. Did anyone have this problem? I need your help as I can't download any apps on my phone using the play store.

EDIT: Also the lineage os camera app and music app are not working.

EDIT 2: Clean Installed the new lineage-18.1-20210717 with latest opengapps and everything worked perfectly.
    New battery ??
    Thanks for the quick response. Strange bug, it was crashing the UI as I mentioned even after installing the latest nightly, but once I reordered the buttons the bug disappeared. This may be useful to someone at some point.

Thanks for the heads up on the OBB problem. It seems it this security feature that has been causing me my headaches with the few applications that aren't able to install.
    I have installed the newly released openGapps and my obb problems have gone away. Seems that mindthegapps didn't get the android 11 security right.

On the other issue as mentioned by others here it seems to be a regression of the no-security used bug. For me a decent workaround is just using swipe to unlock.
    Something has changed for the worse in a recent update of this rom. Phone now heats up even during light use and battery life has become terrible. Stats show Android System using 43% of battery. Happening on two different phones running 18.1. Just typing this has caused a 3% reduction. Has anyone else noticed this change in heat and battery life?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
    BuildModel
    hlteSM-N9005, SM-N900P
    hltechnSM-N9008V
    hltekorSM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S
    hltetmoSM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    Reporting Bugs:
    Compatibility Notes:
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    • The latest TWRP does work, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
    • If you are encrypted, even with insecure boot, you absolutely must format userdata on upgrade, as noted in upgrade instructions in wiki.
      • If you are not encrypted then disable lockscreen before upgrading and it *should* work without wiping userdata.
      • If you didn't disable lockscreen before upgrading then delete the lockscreen files and it *should* work. Use the power of search, I'm not going to help out with this one -- it's an unsupported path.
      • If you get terribly stuck then wipe userdata as our official upgrade guide notes.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.

Well, thanks!
    That's great sharing this with us, very weird of baseband to cause that sound crackling. I'm going to upgrade my baseband to see if it is going to solve this bug.
    EDIT: Flashed Nordic Countries baseband solved the issue! Thanks man!
    I'm currently using RL1 bootloader (from latest EGY firmware) and QB1 baseband (from latest Nordic Countries firmware).
    They're the recommended ones from baseband and bootloader topic on general forum because they are the most
    updated ones till now. (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")

PS: for anyone who want to flash the bootloader and baseband I mentioned above, I've uploaded them again on the
    general forum thread for bootloader and baseband discussion in a reply, as all links in the post are dead.
    (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")
    You can find them here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-firmware-for-sm-n9005.3582504/post-85128029
    Anyone else facing when there's music playing and a notification sound comes, comes some noise from the speaker?
    installed and have to say WOW this rom seems not only stable but smoother than los 17.1 for me everything works well my only complaint is for spen still not blocking touch inputs when use and have less priority than finger touch, but aside that I think Is perfect for daily use.
    device n900w8, install with twrp, los 18.1 mindthegapps and magisk
    Does QC working on hlte?
    in short: yes

in long: all aosp-based roms can charge up to 1800mA max (compared to 1200mA on stock iirc). you can check the input current using battery monitoring apps like amplify or batteryguru
    if it doesn't go 1800 max, check your wall adapter(charger) if it's capable of at least 5V-2A output and/or your cable/charging port if it's damaged or not(or in the case of the cable, if it can deliver that amount of current or not)

p.s. i've also read your reply on the abandoned havoc thread so i decided to explain it here instead