• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (hlte*)

Search This thread

qspeed85

Jun 6, 2021
Ca Mau
Yes, I have twrp. What I am concerned about is that in the list of builds of Lineageos 18.1 for Note 3, there isn't Note 3 Docomo. I tried searching on Google and also videos on Youtube, most of the roms for Note 3 Docomo are Unofficial. Haha, I'm just too lazy to re-flash over and over again.
It seems that @haggertk hasn't received many requests from Note 3 Docomo users so it is not included in the list?

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Yes, I have twrp. What I am concerned about is that in the list of builds of Lineageos 18.1 for Note 3, there isn't Note 3 Docomo. I tried searching on Google and also videos on Youtube, most of the roms for Note 3 Docomo are Unofficial. Haha, I'm just too lazy to re-flash over and over again.
It seems that @haggertk hasn't received many requests from Note 3 Docomo users so it is not included in the list?
Maybe, you have just to edit build.prop and add your device to flash without risk ..

Reactions: qspeed85

qspeed85

Jun 6, 2021
Ca Mau
Sorry, my English is not good. I mean Nova Launcher + Tesla Unread, but I want to use Tesla Unread (or something similar) for the default launcher on Lineageos 18.1.

Hassan 4

Apr 6, 2013
Some problems with 18.1 noticed:
1. There is some problem with torrents download directrly on sd card. Ыometimes phone getting reboot. After that this file not follow to reboot, but other one is.
2. In the car BT call is not always shows actually incoming/outgoing call history, sometimes incoming call have no name, just phone number.
3. 4k camera mode have only 15 fps.
I can cofirm that the 15fps on 4k video recording is present even on Lineage 17.1 unofficial builds which I'm testing right now.
Also, the obb bug I talked about in my last post here that the playstore can't install obb files seems as a generic bug since I found more than one other devices complaining about same issue with different gapps packages, its probably a bug which risen due to the fact of increased security in Android R which you cannot access obb using android file managers except certain ones (Solid Explorer) was able to bypass that.
But since these two bugs don't annoy me that much I'm sticking with Lineage 18.1 again as it has enhanced security and is very smooth, thanks to our developers.

Reactions: qspeed85

kisilmike

Jan 14, 2012
Recently noticed one bug: when removing the phone from wireless charging, it still thinks that it is charging, the red light is on and the status shows that wireless charging is in progress.

odoll

Feb 12, 2017
Yes, have that also now and then (not always). (Un-)-Plugging the power cord to/from the mobile's USB port mitigates it.
PS: i) I think it usually happens to me only when the phone's on the (Palm) touchstone for some time and
ii) already charged up to 100% (while the LED is green in my case then!?)

Last edited:

JRSmit

Jun 19, 2021
Lovely ROM as always.
Two issues I've notice from a completely clean install with only MindTheGApps install alongside the OS. One is that holding the icons of the quick settings buttons causes the UI to crash (or pressing the settings button in the quick access panel). I can only access settings going directly through the settings app. Has anyone else experienced this?

The second issue is that I cannot install RISK and Catan the games(all other apps and installs worked without a hitch). It doesn't work via the playstore nor via an apk. I do however assume that this is due to the Gapps and will probably be resolved once they are a little less beta?

Reactions: fatboy92

Hassan 4

Apr 6, 2013
Lovely ROM as always.
Two issues I've notice from a completely clean install with only MindTheGApps install alongside the OS. One is that holding the icons of the quick settings buttons causes the UI to crash (or pressing the settings button in the quick access panel). I can only access settings going directly through the settings app. Has anyone else experienced this?

The second issue is that I cannot install RISK and Catan the games(all other apps and installs worked without a hitch). It doesn't work via the playstore nor via an apk. I do however assume that this is due to the Gapps and will probably be resolved once they are a little less beta?
No issue about holding quick settings icons or settings icon in quick panel, they work as expected. Try a clean reflash with the latest lineage recovery, latest bootloader and modem, and don't forget to wipe system, data and cache partitions before reinstall from recovery.
But for installing games (the ones that have obb files alongside apk) fail to install through playstore, same happens with me and I've come across this on threads for other devices, too. So I think it is a general issue not device related.
For failling of installing apk manually, then that apk can be for arm64 arch (note3 is arm), or it doesn't support android 11. If it's free you can download the latest apk for arm architecture from apkmirror, they have all varients/versions of apk on their
website.

Last edited:

JRSmit

Jun 19, 2021
No issue about holding quick settings icons or settings icon in quick panel, they work as expected. Try a clean reflash with the latest lineage recovery, latest bootloader and modem, and don't forget to wipe system, data and cache partitions before reinstall from recovery.
But for installing games (the ones that have obb files alongside apk) fail to install through playstore, same happens with me and I've come across this on threads for other devices, too. So I think it is a general issue not device related.
For failling of installing apk manually, then that apk can be for arm64 arch (note3 is arm), or it doesn't support android 11. If it's free you can download the latest apk for arm architecture from apkmirror, they have all varients/versions of apk on their
website.
Thanks for the quick response. Strange bug, it was crashing the UI as I mentioned even after installing the latest nightly, but once I reordered the buttons the bug disappeared. This may be useful to someone at some point.

Thanks for the heads up on the OBB problem. It seems it this security feature that has been causing me my headaches with the few applications that aren't able to install.

gordonshamooay

May 10, 2021
Lovely ROM as always.

Yes, I already wrote about this earlier. Also, the quick call of the clock from this panel and the quick launch of the camera (2x power button) do not work. It is not related to gapps. On pure LOS 18.1, the same error. With a smart cover and settings for a smart cover, it is impossible to fully use 18.1.

Quick Tiles Crashing the UI

...completely clean install with only MindTheGApps install alongside the OS. One is that holding the icons of the quick settings buttons causes the UI to crash (or pressing the settings button in the quick access panel). I can only access settings going directly through the settings app...
I had the same long press quick tiles crashing the UI issue on Galaxy S5 klte LineageOS 18.1 build 2021-06-13 but it got solved with update 2021-06-20.

Posted about it here in the S5 thread.

Last edited:

Reutertu3

Apr 16, 2016
That is some rather silly standby time lol.

I'm just using the Note 3 to mess around, but it's seemingly still an amazing device supported by this amazing ROM. Kudos.

Screenshot_20210622-090611_Settings.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you make a version for the SM-T210?
    Wrong thread
    Hi, today I flashed the latest nightly build of this great ROM on my note 3 (SM-N900P), and everything seems to work amazing, except, when I try to download any app from the Play Store it says that I need to free up space on my storage, but my storage is 85% empty which means there is 27gb free space.

I used nano opengapps. Did anyone have this problem? I need your help as I can't download any apps on my phone using the play store.

EDIT: Also the lineage os camera app and music app are not working.

EDIT 2: Clean Installed the new lineage-18.1-20210717 with latest opengapps and everything worked perfectly.
    New battery ??
    Thanks for the quick response. Strange bug, it was crashing the UI as I mentioned even after installing the latest nightly, but once I reordered the buttons the bug disappeared. This may be useful to someone at some point.

Thanks for the heads up on the OBB problem. It seems it this security feature that has been causing me my headaches with the few applications that aren't able to install.
    I have installed the newly released openGapps and my obb problems have gone away. Seems that mindthegapps didn't get the android 11 security right.

On the other issue as mentioned by others here it seems to be a regression of the no-security used bug. For me a decent workaround is just using swipe to unlock.
    Something has changed for the worse in a recent update of this rom. Phone now heats up even during light use and battery life has become terrible. Stats show Android System using 43% of battery. Happening on two different phones running 18.1. Just typing this has caused a 3% reduction. Has anyone else noticed this change in heat and battery life?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
    BuildModel
    hlteSM-N9005, SM-N900P
    hltechnSM-N9008V
    hltekorSM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S
    hltetmoSM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    Reporting Bugs:
    Compatibility Notes:
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    • The latest TWRP does work, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
    • If you are encrypted, even with insecure boot, you absolutely must format userdata on upgrade, as noted in upgrade instructions in wiki.
      • If you are not encrypted then disable lockscreen before upgrading and it *should* work without wiping userdata.
      • If you didn't disable lockscreen before upgrading then delete the lockscreen files and it *should* work. Use the power of search, I'm not going to help out with this one -- it's an unsupported path.
      • If you get terribly stuck then wipe userdata as our official upgrade guide notes.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
    Interesting you say that as i had some crackling on the old baseband i was running although i've never really looked into it...

I've just tested on baseband: N9005XXUGBOJ1 with no issues to report :)
    Well, thanks!
    That's great sharing this with us, very weird of baseband to cause that sound crackling. I'm going to upgrade my baseband to see if it is going to solve this bug.
    EDIT: Flashed Nordic Countries baseband solved the issue! Thanks man!
    I'm currently using RL1 bootloader (from latest EGY firmware) and QB1 baseband (from latest Nordic Countries firmware).
    They're the recommended ones from baseband and bootloader topic on general forum because they are the most
    updated ones till now. (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")

PS: for anyone who want to flash the bootloader and baseband I mentioned above, I've uploaded them again on the
    general forum thread for bootloader and baseband discussion in a reply, as all links in the post are dead.
    (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")
    You can find them here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-firmware-for-sm-n9005.3582504/post-85128029
    Anyone else facing when there's music playing and a notification sound comes, comes some noise from the speaker?
    installed and have to say WOW this rom seems not only stable but smoother than los 17.1 for me everything works well my only complaint is for spen still not blocking touch inputs when use and have less priority than finger touch, but aside that I think Is perfect for daily use.
    device n900w8, install with twrp, los 18.1 mindthegapps and magisk
    Does QC working on hlte?
    in short: yes

in long: all aosp-based roms can charge up to 1800mA max (compared to 1200mA on stock iirc). you can check the input current using battery monitoring apps like amplify or batteryguru
    if it doesn't go 1800 max, check your wall adapter(charger) if it's capable of at least 5V-2A output and/or your cable/charging port if it's damaged or not(or in the case of the cable, if it can deliver that amount of current or not)

p.s. i've also read your reply on the abandoned havoc thread so i decided to explain it here instead