• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (hlte*)

Search This thread

odoll

Feb 12, 2017
Stats show Android System using 43% of battery.
Screenshot_20210722-172646_Einstellungen.png
No issues here (LOS + OpenGApps Nano + Magisk)

stevelazer

Jun 27, 2019
Upon further testing, the excessive cpu use, heat and battery drain appear to be related to the use of Firefox for Android. Not only does it have too high cpu usage itself, but also seems to push the Android system to use excessive cpu too. Battery usage is normal when avoiding using the Firefox browser.

adilhaimoura

Aug 27, 2018
Hi everyone,
Firstly I am glad to be on this Note 3 family with Lineageos 18.1 .. it works fine on my new (used) note 3 for the fact my oldest was stolen from me 3 months ago,
Now me and my wife have both note 3 and I download updates regularly every week or so,
My Question can I download the updates on one Mobile and then pass it to the other device or shall I keep downloading the updates on each separately??, if it is possible to download it one time please instruct me how to do it!! for the other peace!!
thank you all for your time and thank you @haggertk for your Kindness of bringing Note 3 to the Light!!
Adil

----------
Life is too short to not appreciate other for their time to make you happy!! thank everyone when you can!!

Last edited:

ulats07

Jan 3, 2013
hI all

im having problem with google play store ,it not allowing me to install big size game like COD ,pubg (yeah i know the graphics sucks on this device but what to do ,im broke ..haha)

but the problem sometimes will be fix if i restart the phone . im using official gapps file from https://opengapps.org/ (pico)

i tried install using aptoide also ,it is not installing ,anyone else having the same issue? im on the latest lineage-18.1-20210724-nightly-hlte-signed.zip

ulats07

Jan 3, 2013
hI all

im having problem with google play store ,it not allowing me to install big size game like COD ,pubg (yeah i know the graphics sucks on this device but what to do ,im broke ..haha)

but the problem sometimes will be fix if i restart the phone . im using official gapps file from https://opengapps.org/ (pico)

i tried install using aptoide also ,it is not installing ,anyone else having the same issue? im on the latest lineage-18.1-20210724-nightly-hlte-signed.zip

Attachments

• IMG_20210727_193937.jpg
    IMG_20210727_193937.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65

odoll

Feb 12, 2017
Upon further testing, the excessive cpu use, heat and battery drain appear to be related to the use of Firefox for Android. Not only does it have too high cpu usage itself, but also seems to push the Android system to use excessive cpu too. Battery usage is normal when avoiding using the Firefox browser.
No issues here, even using FF. What kinda site ru loading in FF?

Screenshot_20210725-102552_Einstellungen.pngScreenshot_20210725-102644_Einstellungen.png

can I download the updates on one Mobile and then pass it to the other device
If I "recall" correctly the OTA updater save a copy of the LOS image version in /data/data/org.lineageos.updater/app_updates
However i) you may have to tweak some settings to avoid it's deleted automatically after an update.
However ii) maybe it's easier to pull the image from the server directly to e.g. your download directory, installing and sharing it from there, if that's a more convenient way to you (as I guess you want to save some data volume on your tariff?)

Hassan 4

Apr 6, 2013

Hassan 4

Apr 6, 2013
hI all

I have the same problem, using MindTheGapps. I thought it was that gapps package related, and was considering clean flashing again with OpenGapps for this issue specificly, but since you say it also has the same issue I wont do it.
The problem arise I guess from the fact of more security introduced in Android 11 for Android/obb folder. Not every filemanager as example can access that folder without proper permissions for Android 11.

aicragleon

Aug 7, 2010
Is anyone else having serious issues with the latest update from today? The phone is almost unusable. I just dirty flashed in recovery back to the last update from 07/22/2021.

Last edited:

asassello

Nov 18, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I've also noticed that FF (with uBlock) uses much more battery than Samsung Browser (with AdGuard) that I also use. It's easy to test in battery stats - after using them for similar amount of time. Also I was surprised how good Samsung Browser is.

So you don't recommend flashing opengapps instead of mindthegapps, because nothing really is better? I haven't tried big games but before that I was always using opengapps.

Li Cheng

Jul 31, 2021
Hi,I have two note3 (N9005 & N900U) .
After use LineageOS 18.1(both use "hlte"),I found that the speaker of the N900u is very quiet.
The sound of the speakers of the N9005 is normal and loud.
I'm pretty sure the hardware of the N900U is normal.
Is there a way to fix this problem with N900U? Thank you

Also, I'm sorry, my English is not very good, I hope you can understand what I mean

r0mushii

Hi,I have two note3 (N9005 & N900U) .
After use LineageOS 18.1(both use "hlte"),I found that the speaker of the N900u is very quiet.
The sound of the speakers of the N9005 is normal and loud.
I'm pretty sure the hardware of the N900U is normal.
Is there a way to fix this problem with N900U? Thank you

Also, I'm sorry, my English is not very good, I hope you can understand what I mean
N900U is one of hltechn variants, but can be flashed with hlte variant of the rom just fine.
use a specific variant for your device, coupled with the latest firmware/baseband of your device to prevent further issues

Li Cheng

Jul 31, 2021
N900U is one of hltechn variants, but can be flashed with hlte variant of the rom just fine.
use a specific variant for your device, coupled with the latest firmware/baseband of your device to prevent further issues
Thank you for replying so quickly,
Yes, My N900U is the latest firmware and baseband..
Check with you, do you mean it is better to use hltechn for N900U?
Or just continue "hlte"?
Thanks again!

LightSpectrum

Jun 13, 2018
Found 2 bugs:
1. With the headset on and listening to music, after receiving a call and end it, when I resume the music player, the left side of the headset is muted and only the right side sounds, I must close the player (Eleven) and restart it to return to normal.

2. [Whatsapp] the profile pictures of new numbers/contacts (incoming messages) do not load in the notifications, even after Whatsapp has already loaded the profile picture in the conversation list, it only load by restarting the system (or restarting the GUI I guess, I've never tested it), I do not know if it is a problem of Whatsapp or Android 11 with their notifications, it only happens with Whatsapp, which did not happen with LOS17, 16, etc...

Request: would it be possible to add an option to disable Direct Share? In Android 11 it shows random contacts and makes the share menu very slow (and yes, I know I can modify it with ADB or Root, but an option in settings menu will be better of course)

Thanks in advance!

dark$hadow

Sep 2, 2013
What options are there for rooting? In the past I have used SuperSu, would that still work? I looked at magisk, but it requires to wipe data, and I've already set up my device, so I'd like to avoid that.
I'd need root only for https://github.com/VR-25/acc/ because I want to keep this device running on a charging cable.

RomikB

Feb 11, 2010
I have install april version of 18.1 + MindTheGapps + magisk, than upgrade to august version. I have NFC not working. It shows enabled in setting, i can switch it off and on, but it is not work. How can I fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

my daily driver is a N9005 (hlte), running 14.1 (yes, Android 7.1.2 in 2021).
    It's been a stable ROM with decent battery life; at least, with real-world usage (browsing, WhatsApp, calls, Twitter, etc.) it can pull through the day, with an occasional afternoon recharge if necessary.

I've been thinking about upgrading to 18.1 lately.

In your collective experience, how does battery life fare with 18.1, in comparison to 14.1 or the 17.x series?
    Why is WiFi Direct disabled in Android 11?
    Is this a problem with the ROM or can something be done to fix it?
    It is not disabled, it is just new Android 11 permissions. You have to turn on location to use WiFi direct.
    Just want to say THANK YOU that you still maintain this device :) Keep rockin'!
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
    BuildModel
    hlteSM-N9005, SM-N900P
    hltechnSM-N9008V
    hltekorSM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S
    hltetmoSM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    Reporting Bugs:
    Compatibility Notes:
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    • The latest TWRP does work, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
    • If you are encrypted, even with insecure boot, you absolutely must format userdata on upgrade, as noted in upgrade instructions in wiki.
      • If you are not encrypted then disable lockscreen before upgrading and it *should* work without wiping userdata.
      • If you didn't disable lockscreen before upgrading then delete the lockscreen files and it *should* work. Use the power of search, I'm not going to help out with this one -- it's an unsupported path.
      • If you get terribly stuck then wipe userdata as our official upgrade guide notes.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
    Interesting you say that as i had some crackling on the old baseband i was running although i've never really looked into it...

I've just tested on baseband: N9005XXUGBOJ1 with no issues to report :)
    Well, thanks!
    That's great sharing this with us, very weird of baseband to cause that sound crackling. I'm going to upgrade my baseband to see if it is going to solve this bug.
    EDIT: Flashed Nordic Countries baseband solved the issue! Thanks man!
    I'm currently using RL1 bootloader (from latest EGY firmware) and QB1 baseband (from latest Nordic Countries firmware).
    They're the recommended ones from baseband and bootloader topic on general forum because they are the most
    updated ones till now. (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")

PS: for anyone who want to flash the bootloader and baseband I mentioned above, I've uploaded them again on the
    general forum thread for bootloader and baseband discussion in a reply, as all links in the post are dead.
    (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")
    You can find them here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-firmware-for-sm-n9005.3582504/post-85128029
    installed and have to say WOW this rom seems not only stable but smoother than los 17.1 for me everything works well my only complaint is for spen still not blocking touch inputs when use and have less priority than finger touch, but aside that I think Is perfect for daily use.
    device n900w8, install with twrp, los 18.1 mindthegapps and magisk
    Hello guys. This is my first time dealing with modifying my phone and I don't have any past experiences. I even made this account just to post this reply. So, please bear with me :(

I've been following the instructions here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hlte/install and had problems with flashing the recovery with heimdall, it kept giving me this error:
    Code:
    ERROR: Failed to confirm end of file transfer sequence!
    ERROR: RECOVERY upload failed!
    I googled it and found that other users have had the same error https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall/issues/191# but found no solution. I tried a different USB port and cable, still didn't work.

I assumed that this is some heimdall issue and tried flashing directly with adb by following these steps https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-twrp/ but this time I got "waiting for any device" although my phone appears when typing the command "adb devices"
    Googling told me that this is some sort of a driver issue. Maybe has something to do with zadig.exe (that came with heimdall) and the whole driver replacing process?

Now I'm stuck between these two problems, and I don't know what to do. Is there other ways to flash the recovery? Or what can I do to fix the problem with drivers?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Use odin to flash twrp.tar available from their official website, then download lineage zip from lineage website and place on sd card and download mindthegapps "search for lineage gapps you'll find links on their wiki", and finally boot to recovery to install lineage and gapps packages.
    Does QC working on hlte?
    in short: yes

in long: all aosp-based roms can charge up to 1800mA max (compared to 1200mA on stock iirc). you can check the input current using battery monitoring apps like amplify or batteryguru
    if it doesn't go 1800 max, check your wall adapter(charger) if it's capable of at least 5V-2A output and/or your cable/charging port if it's damaged or not(or in the case of the cable, if it can deliver that amount of current or not)

p.s. i've also read your reply on the abandoned havoc thread so i decided to explain it here instead