LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
Device source code:
- msm8974-common (shared by all Samsung msm8974 devices): LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8974-common
- klte-common (shared by all klte* devices): LineageOS/android_device_samsung_klte-common
- klte: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_klte
- klteactivexx: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_klteactivexx
- kltechn: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_kltechn
- kltechnduo: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_kltechnduo
- klteduos: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_klteduos
- kltedv: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_kltedv
- kltekdi: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_kltekdi
- kltekor: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_kltekor
The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
|klte||SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8|
|kltechnduo||SM-G9006W, SM-G9008W, SM-G9009W|
|kltekor||SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S|
- Lineage - https://download.lineageos.org/
- Firmware - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=325192
- Bootloader version doesn't matter. Anyone who tells you so doesn't know what they are taking about. My Developer Edition G900V is still running the original 4.4.2 KK aboot. My G900W8 is running the latest 6.0.1.
- All builds except for klteactivexx and klteaio MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) radio for RIL to work. If you are about to report that RIL/radio isn't working then I pretty much guarantee this is your issue.
- You MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) NON-HLOS for the fingerprint reader to work. If you are about to report a fingerprint reader problem then you either have old firmware (update it), your /data was previously encrypted and you performed a "clean" flash without FORMATTING /data (start over and FORMAT /data), or your reader is just broken.
- External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
- The latest TWRP seems like it works, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
- I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.