• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)

Search This thread

solarisintel123

Nov 29, 2021
Thanks for for build Japanase Galaxy S5(kltekdi)

But since Lineage-17.1, I'm using modified kernel with EXTCON enabled.
Without EXTCON, the Japanese Galaxy S5(SC-04F, SCL23) will not detect usb charge.
and charger mode is looping reboot.
Kernel with EXTCON enabled, EAR JACK will not detects.
Is there a way to fix it?

lineage_kltekdi_defconfig

CONFIG_EXTCON=y
CONFIG_EXTCON_MAX77804K=y

Reactions: curiousrom
S5 LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-11-28

Using the built-in Updater I OTA updated S5 G900M LineageOS 18.1 klte build 2021-11-14 + MindTheGapps + Magisk 23.0 + TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 to build 2021-11-28: everything went smoothly as usual & GApps + Magisk survived the update.

There are just a few minor changes listed in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ but I updated anyway so I could post about it.

For some reasons some apps did not have their labels in the app's drawer but toggling off/on in Trebuchet's Home settings > Show icon labels in drawer fixed it.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 klte* up to date. :cool: 👍
It's samsung s5 klte, updated with the Nov 21 update of los 18.1 last Sunday, and the previous updates before that. I cannot rule out that the error might be due to the phone, though, as I restored my older s 5 on the present one (see my post of sept 15 on this thread), but until now I have had no problems with updating. I'm not sure what you mean by add-ons, but I can't think of any.

Yes, SM-G900F, BitGApps arm 11 (I think it was, but I may have changed to MindTheGapps at some point, I don't know how to check which one is on the phone now), Magisk-v23.0, and TWRP twrp-3.5.2_9-0-klte (I think, I would have to boot into recovery mode to check, does it matter?)

Re: S5 kltekdi Charging Issues

Thanks for for build Japanase Galaxy S5(kltekdi)

But since Lineage-17.1, I'm using modified kernel with EXTCON enabled.
Without EXTCON, the Japanese Galaxy S5(SC-04F, SCL23) will not detect usb charge.
and charger mode is looping reboot.
Kernel with EXTCON enabled, EAR JACK will not detects.
Is there a way to fix it?

lineage_kltekdi_defconfig

CONFIG_EXTCON=y
CONFIG_EXTCON_MAX77804K=y

AFAIK there is no fix in the current LineageOS 18.1 builds @ the present for the S5 kltekdi charging issue.

The S5 klte* LineageOS maintainer haggertk never replied to this post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He also posted this in reply to a Galaxy S5 (SC-04F) docomo edition user but there was no follow up by @Hamza Shahbaz nor by @haggertk:

I've been asking people to test a bootimage for ages and they always flake out and disappear. I'll DM you a link to a boot image.

Just curious: did you try booting in TWRP recovery & connect to a power adapter to check if it's charging?

Last edited:

solarisintel123

Nov 29, 2021
Re: S5 kltekdi Charging Issues

AFAIK there is no fix in the current LineageOS 18.1 builds @ the present for the S5 kltekdi charging issue.

The S5 klte* LineageOS maintainer haggertk never replied to this post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He also posted this in reply to a Galaxy S5 (SC-04F) docomo edition user but there was no follow up by @Hamza Shahbaz nor by @haggertk:

Just curious: did you try booting in TWRP recovery & connect to a power adapter to check if it's charging?

in TWRP Reocvery, charging is working.

D0n1elT

Nov 29, 2021
Hey,
I'm still fairly new to the whole phone-flashing scene and I have some issues. Maybe someone can help.
I'm trying to install lineage-18.1-20211128-nightly-klte-signed.zip (without GApps or anything) onto a S5 klte using TWRP 3.5.2_9-0.

* First I've loaded the zip into /external_sd/TWRP (using adb push).
* I format data. (The thing where you have to type 'yes'.)
* I go back to advanced wipe and wipe:
* Dalvik / ART Cache
* System
* Data
* Internal Storage
* Cache
* Reboot into recovery
* I install the LineageOS 18.1 .zip from /external_sd/TWRP/lineage-18.1-20211128-nightly-klte-signed.zip
* I would now install open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20211125.zip and org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.ota_2120.zip but I didn't this time.
* Wipe Cache/Dalvik
* Collect installation logs using adb pull
* Reboot system
* LineageOS starts and greets me with the installer thing.
* OS crashes (randomly?! Or if I press on the start button), it restarts. And it crashes and restarts while displaying the boot animation. So I get stuck in a bootloop.

Any help is much appreciated!

Installation logs:

Last edited:

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hey,
I'm still fairly new to the whole phone-flashing scene and I have some issues. Maybe someone can help.
I'm trying to install lineage-18.1-20211128-nightly-klte-signed.zip (without GApps or anything) onto a S5 klte using TWRP 3.5.2_9-0.

* Dalvik / ART Cache
* System
* Data
* Internal Storage
* Cache
* Reboot into recovery
* I install the LineageOS 18.1 .zip from /external_sd/TWRP/lineage-18.1-20211128-nightly-klte-signed.zip
* I would now install open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20211125.zip and org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.ota_2120.zip but I didn't this time.
* Wipe Cache/Dalvik
* Reboot system
* OS crashes (randomly?! Or if I press on the start button), it restarts. And it crashes and restarts while displaying the boot animation. So I get stuck in a bootloop.

Installation logs:
The "installer thing" is the setup witard? Does it ask for language, time zone, wifi password? Can you setup without wifi?

S5 G900F Bootloop - Old Bootloader

Hey,

* Dalvik / ART Cache
* System
* Data
* Internal Storage
* Cache
* Reboot into recovery
* Wipe Cache/Dalvik
* Reboot system

Installation logs:

Thanks for providing very good troubleshooting info & linking to your recovery.log. :cool: 👍

You did everything right except that in the log it says "ro.boot.bootloader=G900FXXU1ANC9" and that bootloader is from Android 4.4.2 as you can see here.

Samsung vendor's firmware 6.0.1 is required for LineageOS 18.1 as mentioned in the post #1.

Follow the instructions in S5 Odin Flashable Modem & Bootloader and flash this file created by the LineageOS maintainer of the S5 klte* haggertk for your S5 SM-G900F: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=325193

And you should be able to boot to System after that without having to re-install LineageOS.

Note: Don't install the TWRP app when offered in TWRP as it may causes bootloop because LineageOS is enforcing priv-app whitelisting rules.

BTW after you Format Data it's redundant to wipe Data & Internal Storage.

From TWRP FAQ: What is a data/media device?:

"...In TWRP we also have a wipe internal storage option that rm -rf's the media folder and a "Format Data" option that formats to recreate the entire file system in case something goes completely wrong or to remove device encryption."

Format Data adds an empty encryption footer after the end of the Data partition for some future encryption related data if enabled.

Format data will destroy the content of your internal storage so backup to external SD card or computer before doing it.

Then Advanced wipe System + the caches before installing LineageOS.

D0n1elT

Nov 29, 2021
You were fast and spot on.
I've installed a new bootloader using heimdall. Pretty easy and fast.
And it did *just work*! Cool!
Thank you very very much!

by the way, why the heck does the bootloader tar archive file end with *.md5??
Aren't .md5 files usually checksum files?

Although..
Unfortunately, I'm having issues with the camera and music app.
Both crash instantly on start.

Same issue as: (at least the camera one.)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...samsung-galaxy-s5-klte.4267517/#post-84905497 and I can confirm, it's not a hardware issue. Open Camera works fine.

I have installed:
TWRP 3.6.0_9-0
Magisk v23 using TWRP (renaming .apk -> .zip) (rooted, magiskhide active)
lineage-18.1-20211128-nightly-klte-signed.zip
org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.ota_2120.zip
open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20211125.zip
G900FXXU1CSA1_G900FXXS1CQA4_baseband_firmware.tar.md5

adb logcat:

// EDIT:
eleven music app:
11-30 20:06:42.373 358 372 E vold : Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.lineageos.eleven/cache/ maybe this is the problem?

by the way, I granted all permissions for both apps through the settings app.

Last edited:

D0n1elT

Nov 29, 2021
Oh okay. yeah. Thats pretty reasonable.

By the way, I'm having issues with the recorder app.
It starts and I'm clicking on record:

11-30 20:29:18.404 28979 28979 W ContextImpl: Failed to ensure /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.lineageos.recorder/files/Music: android.os.ServiceSpecificException: (code -22)
Once again: something with /data ...

I have a sd card installed, but it's still formated to FAT, I guess. (Upgraded Kitkat 4.4 straight to LOS 18.1)

...I've installed a new bootloader using heimdall. Pretty easy and fast.

If you installed only the bootloader that may explain your issues.

If you installed the full custom firmware package re-install LineageOS after Format Data and Advanced wipe System + the caches.

I have a sd card installed, but it's still formated to FAT, I guess. (Upgraded Kitkat 4.4 straight to LOS 18.1)

FYI from the post #1 > Compatibility Notes: "External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat."

As a rule of thumb I always use the device itself to format Micro SD Cards to avoid issues.

Copy the content of your card to computer and use the stock LineageOS Files manager to format to Portable storage.

I saw that release in https://twrp.me/site/update/2021/11/28/twrp-3.6.0-released.html but have seen bugs reported in the past after new releases so I prefer to wait a couple of weeks before installing them.

Some new releases were even removed from the TWRP severs because too buggy.

twrp-3.5.2_9-0-klte is known to work fine on the S5 & that's why I use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcarvil

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
Just installed yesterday...

HW: SM-G900FQ (assumed as "F")

SW: twrp-3.5.2_9-0-klte + lineage-18.1-20211128-nightly-klte-signed.zip + open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20211201.zip + Magisk-v23.0.zip

Clean Install... wipe everything also format data...
Seems works good...

Only headache left "yahoo mailing app" (famous fault "Something went wrong. Please try again later" which is indeed it does not let me to connect the yahoo server..., at the year 2021 what they are saying... )

Thanks to all of you.

x2k13

If you installed only the bootloader that may explain your issues.

If you installed the full custom firmware package re-install LineageOS after Format Data and Advanced wipe System + the caches.

FYI from the post #1 > Compatibility Notes: "External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat."

As a rule of thumb I always use the device itself to format Micro SD Cards to avoid issues.

Copy the content of your card to computer and use the stock LineageOS Files manager to format to Portable storage.

I saw that release in https://twrp.me/site/update/2021/11/28/twrp-3.6.0-released.html but have seen bugs reported in the past after new releases so I prefer to wait a couple of weeks before installing them.

Some new releases were even removed from the TWRP severs because too buggy.

twrp-3.5.2_9-0-klte is known to work fine on the S5 & that's why I use it.
I tried to flash the 3.6.0 image for jfl(texx) but that failed because the image is bigger than the partition, so I didn't bother to try on klte (which is my daily driver).

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
Just installed yesterday...

HW: SM-G900FQ (assumed as "F")

SW: twrp-3.5.2_9-0-klte + lineage-18.1-20211128-nightly-klte-signed.zip + open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20211201.zip + Magisk-v23.0.zip

Clean Install... wipe everything also format data...
Seems works good...

Only headache left "yahoo mailing app" (famous fault "Something went wrong. Please try again later" which is indeed it does not let me to connect the yahoo server..., at the year 2021 what they are saying... )

Thanks to all of you.
Edit:

I managed to signing in with Yahoo. Necessary to cancel add_bloker SW ( I am using AdAway/root ) until signing in, than re-allow sure....

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
I have a question:

As I understand from readings to disable FlipFlop:

Settings > Connected Devices > Connection Preferences > Smart Cover > Off

has to be, but I am unable to find "Smart Cover" under "Connection Preferences"... In another post it is written that if "Screen Lock Pattern" is used "Smart Cover" becomes invisible... So, I used Screen Lock at the beginning but when I find a way not to use I gave-up...so, now I am not using Screen Lock Pattern but Smart Cover still invisible...

Is this a fault?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
I have a question:

has to be, but I am unable to find "Smart Cover" under "Connection Preferences"... In another post it is written that if "Screen Lock Pattern" is used "Smart Cover" becomes invisible... So, I used Screen Lock at the beginning but when I find a way not to use I gave-up...so, now I am not using Screen Lock Pattern but Smart Cover still invisible...

Is this a fault?
The menu becomes visible as soon as the phone sees a magnet like that from a cover.

Reactions: BigPulco
How to Disable System Apps & Smart Cover

has to be, but I am unable to find "Smart Cover" under "Connection Preferences"...

The menu becomes visible as soon as the phone sees a magnet like that from a cover.

That's right.

That Smart Cover settings appears only after the first time the hall sensor (magnetic field) is triggered after a clean install. (screenshot)

The app detecting the cover & locking/unlocking the screen in LineageOS 18.1 is Settings > Apps & notifications > 3-dots > Show System > FlipFlap (org.lineageos.flipflap).

If rooted there are a number of third-party apps that can disable (they call it freezing) System apps in Settings > Apps > 3-dots > Show system when the Disable button is greyed out like SD Maid which I use for lots of stuff.

Be very careful & don't disable stuff without researching it otherwise brace for system freeze & boot loops. A recent full TWRP backup is a good thing when tinkering with this.

If not rooted you can use the adb command method described in How to disable any pre-installed system app bloatware on Android without root using adb. These tweaks will survive updates.

Just go to > Settings > Apps & notifications > 3-dots > Show System > app's name > Advanced > scroll all the way to the bottom to get the package name to be used in adb. In this case it is:

Windows Command Prompt: adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 org.lineageos.flipflap

Mac/Linux Terminal: ./adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 org.lineageos.flipflap

To enable: adb shell pm enable org.lineageos.flipflap

Attachments

• Sensor_Magnetic_Field_Hall_Effect_Sensor_FlipFlap_S5_curiousrom.png
    Sensor_Magnetic_Field_Hall_Effect_Sensor_FlipFlap_S5_curiousrom.png
    287.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

rellieberman

Apr 4, 2016
Israel
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hi, Trying to install lineageOS on my s5 (klte) for the first time. lineageos recovery works fine and i used adb sideload to install the latest lineageOS (lineage-18.1-20211128-nightly-klte-signed) after installation i rebooted to system and the lineageOS logo appears for several minuets before the system automatically reboots to recovery stating "Can't load android system. Your data may be corrupt.
This happens with lineage-18.1-20211107 as well.

the firmware version i have installed is G900FXXU1CPI8 (for marshmallow in Israel) could this be the issue?
Thanks!

attached is the installation log + the log when recovery is rebooted after system doesnt

Attachments

• last_log.txt
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
  • post_istall_log.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Howdy!

Well, it was a lesson :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: In all the years I have been doing this, I never had this happen before! Like I mentioned, no great loss as I have already recovered 98% of what was on there.

My main concern is why I was able to get all the way through setup before it crashed into a mode that wouldn't boot? Maybe the SD card? Should I install a blank card and try again? Any thoughts GREATLY appreciated.

John
    Billings, MT
    sm-g900i kltedv

G'day mate,

My 2 cents worth.
    Anytime I flash a rom, except for OTA, I boot into twrp and always FORMAT first, next advance clean all but SD card. Flash the rom from SD card and setup. Never had problems.
    However I do not use GAPPS or Magisk. You may want to try rom only...

This may be an overkill however works well for me. Setup is a chore which I'm happy to do
    If you continue to have problems you may want to re install stock Samsung firmware, latest for your variant, and then head back to custom rom.
    Good luck

Cheers, Phil
    That's why before flashing ROMs I make:
    • a backup of all partitions in TWRP to an external SDcard or flash drive;
    • AND (!)
    • a backup of Internal storage - manually (copy files and folders);
    • then I remove the external sdcard or flash drive from the phone;
    • And only then I flash a new ROM.

Cause I have also experienced the wipe of the entire Internal storage several times during flashing ROMs.
    Howdy!

Well, it was a lesson :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: In all the years I have been doing this, I never had this happen before! Like I mentioned, no great loss as I have already recovered 98% of what was on there.

My main concern is why I was able to get all the way through setup before it crashed into a mode that wouldn't boot? Maybe the SD card? Should I install a blank card and try again? Any thoughts GREATLY appreciated.

John
    Billings, MT
    Merry Christmas to you @haggertk and the Lineage team. Thanks for your work throughout the year. All the very best to everyone for 2022
    Last week i sold my last (of four) S5/klte's in good hands. I switched over to 2 Pixel3 and a Pixel5. I was able to grab a 12 months old Pixel5 in very good condition for really cheap money. Currently they all run stock android 12, with as much as possible google stuff uninstalled via ADB. But, of course it is planned to move to LOS19 with one of the Pixel3 asap - the unofficial LOS19.0 version was announced already:

I'd like to say goodbye and many thanks for the time with excellent support here!!! Maybe we meet in other threads hosted by this wonderful and productive community. 🛠️ (y)
    Ah, only from lockscreen... yeah, I see it.

It'll be fixed when this is merged: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Snap/+/319052
    Can't fix it if I can't reproduce it, and double-press power opens camera just fine here.
    Hagger , we missed you for a while , but you are not forgotten , I want to thank you for all the work you did this year again , and I hope You will surprise us one of these day's again , Best Wishes for the New YEAR from Puck Channel48 .
    Howdy!

John
    Billings, MT
    sm-g900i kltedv

G'day mate,

My 2 cents worth.
    Anytime I flash a rom, except for OTA, I boot into twrp and always FORMAT first, next advance clean all but SD card. Flash the rom from SD card and setup. Never had problems.
    However I do not use GAPPS or Magisk. You may want to try rom only...

This may be an overkill however works well for me. Setup is a chore which I'm happy to do
    If you continue to have problems you may want to re install stock Samsung firmware, latest for your variant, and then head back to custom rom.
    Good luck

Cheers, Phil
    Has anyone tried to overclock our device? If yes, how is it going (battery, temperature, performance)?

Started to notice that the phone slows down on some "heavy" apps, such as maps, editors or even banking apps. I suppose it might be due to lack of memory. Can cpu overclocking cover it?

To free up memory I switched off everything I could. I'd like to de-google the device, but unfortunately I can't use it without gapps.

So what's your experience/opinion?
    I use some very basic tweaks and I've been happy with my device.
    -Almost no gapps, just the swype keyboard blob
    -CPU undervolt with SmartPack and the modded kernel I released here. But if you want something more professional Intelli-Kernel probably enables the same thing.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-11-placebo-kernel-los-18-1-undervolting.4273705/
    This made the phone run so much cooler that I could feel the difference with my hands. CPU throttles if it reaches 75C. With undervolt the CPU is so cool that it practically never hits 75C in normal use.
    -SmartPack: changed zram target from ~400 MB to 704 MB. zram is a voodoo science but increasing the target slightly probably doesn't hurt.
    -SmartPack: changed low memory killer to the low/light preset to discourage the OS from killing background apps while I'm multitasking
    -Just installed twindragon6's adreno drivers, seems like free GPU performance
    --------------
    Some miscellaneous info you can use:

If you're bored LOS already has a built-in feature to make the CPU faster/slower (but not overclock it.)

Settings > Battery >Battery Saver and Performance > Performance Profile

Balanced profile is generally the best.
    Quick actually does make the device faster/benchmarks higher at the cost of some battery. This profile is very usable for day-to-day, try switching to it when you want the phone to be slightly faster.
    Performance is really bad. Single core workloads it can be faster than quick. For multiple cores it will run too hot and throttle, making it slower than quick. Plus it drains battery like crazy.

So with everything I mentioned in mind using overclocked CPU freqs has a chance of backfiring and making your phone slower.

If you only need push notifications replacing gapps with microg will probably save you CPU time. You will need to run a fork of LOS that has signature spoofing.
    https://lineage.microg.org/

Also if your battery is aging just get a new one they're $10-$15.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
    BuildModel
    klteSM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8
    klteactivexxSM-G870F
    klteaioSM-G900AZ, SM-S902L
    kltechnSM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    kltechnduoSM-G9006W, SM-G9008W, SM-G9009W
    klteduosSM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedvSM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekdiSC-04F, SCL23
    kltekorSM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    Reporting Bugs:
    Compatibility Notes:
    • Bootloader version doesn't matter. Anyone who tells you so doesn't know what they are taking about. My Developer Edition G900V is still running the original 4.4.2 KK aboot. My G900W8 is running the latest 6.0.1.
    • All builds except for klteactivexx and klteaio MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) radio for RIL to work. If you are about to report that RIL/radio isn't working then I pretty much guarantee this is your issue.
    • You MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) NON-HLOS for the fingerprint reader to work. If you are about to report a fingerprint reader problem then you either have old firmware (update it), your /data was previously encrypted and you performed a "clean" flash without FORMATTING /data (start over and FORMAT /data), or your reader is just broken.
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    • The latest TWRP seems like it works, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
    Merry Christmas to you @haggertk and the Lineage team. Thanks for your work throughout the year. All the very best to everyone for 2022
    SDcard corruption may be caused by a recent Google security patch. I experienced this once with the "new" unofficial LOS17 for the Samsung P605, coming from unofficial 14.1,where this never happened before. But others started complaining about the same issue, after this antique rom got a recent security patch.
    It's (likely) not. I've found an issue in the legacy paths of the recent sdfat (Samsung exfat driver) revision. I haven't been able to recreate the bug/assert after the fix. After getting a second confirmation I'll upload the merge the change.

Every kernel < 4.8.y that had updated to sdfat 1.4.5 is affected.
    S5 LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-05-09 - Security Bump, Camera U.I. Fix & Kill App Option

Using the built-in Updater I OTA updated S5 G900M LineageOS 18.1 klte build 2021-05-02 + MindTheGapps + Magisk 22.1 + TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 to build 2021-05-09: everything went smoothly & GApps + Magisk survived the update.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ but of note:

After the automatic reboot as seen in the screenshot > Settings > About phone > press on Android version > Android security update: May 5, 2021.

The Vendor security patch level just below it remains @ August 1, 2017 because the vendor is Samsung & it is not publishing security patches for it's S5 proprietary hardware related blobs anymore since August 2017.

See Android Security Bulletin - May 2021 for details about the security fixes.

With the change Snap: use translucent control background on 16:9 the stock camera is showing the full frame preview again (screenshot). There are other minor Camera changes.

Interesting also there is a new Kill foreground app option in > Settings > System > Buttons > for Home, Back & Recents buttons which is useful when an app is frozen or you want to prevent it from using some RAM in the background (screenshot). Note that it may make it slower to open that killed app the next time you want to use it.

BTW you can create a direct link to Updater & much more with the LineageOS Settings widget. I stacked a few of them on Home to create a LineageOS shortcut folder for quick access.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 up to date. :cool: 👍
    S5 LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-10-10 - Android Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater I OTA updated S5 G900M LineageOS 18.1 klte build 2021-09-19 + MindTheGapps + Magisk 23.0 + TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 to build 2021-10-10: everything went smoothly & GApps + Magisk survived the update.

There are quite a few changes listed in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ but most of them do not concern the S5 klte* family.

Most importantly it includes the monthly Android security bump: Merge tag 'android-11.0.0_r46' into staging/lineage-18.1_merge-android-11.0.0_r463.

After the automatic reboot as seen in the screenshot > Settings > About phone > press on Android version > Android security update: October 1, 2021.

The Vendor security patch level just below it remains @ August 1, 2017 because the vendor is Samsung & it is not publishing security patches for it's S5 proprietary hardware related blobs anymore since August 2017.

See Android Security Bulletin—October 2021 for details about the security fixes.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 klte* up to date. :cool: 👍

I found a weird workaround fix for my recurring Quick tiles & status bar curtain long press System UI crashing but that's for an other posts.