[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)

Search This thread
...So it looks like if you do the OTA update instead of doing a manual update it enables Encryption and DM Verity.

That's not an OTA nor an update issue, it's your setup that's messed up. Maybe some modules or some mods you made?

See my post above yours S5 LineageOS 18.1 Update 2022-01-23 - Android Security Bump

BTW reposting other people's work without their permission like you did for Magisk & other stuff is frowned upon by developers & bad practice IMO.

The Magisk dev is very clear about not redistributing his work.

It's better to link to the original threads or webpages as maybe some updates are available & also users can get more info.

Some devs also track the number of downloads which they can't do in this case.

Also there is the question of attribution: give credits to whom did the work.

Attachments

• Other_Peoples_Work_twindragon6.png
    Other_Peoples_Work_twindragon6.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: pmduper

Hasan1122behj

Aug 26, 2021
The phone restart it self , even two times in a row ...

18.1-20220123-NIGHTLY-klteduos

I dont now which other information is required to be capture...

That's not an OTA nor an update issue, it's your setup that's messed up. Maybe some modules or some mods you made?

See my post above yours S5 LineageOS 18.1 Update 2022-01-23 - Android Security Bump

BTW reposting other people's work without their permission like you did for Magisk & other stuff is frowned upon by developers & bad practice IMO.

The Magisk dev is very clear about not redistributing his work.

It's better to link to the original threads or webpages as maybe some updates are available & also users can get more info.

Some devs also track the number of downloads which they can't do in this case.

Also there is the question of attribution: give credits to whom did the work.
I was just trying to supply all the relevant info. I removed the offending files. I'm trying a fresh clean install to see what happens. So far I got some nasty bootloops and kernel panics on my SM-G900V! I reformatted everything with TWRP properly so that's not it. Gitlab is kind of a pain for posting issues so I'll just upload what I find here. I see there is still no F2FS, EXT4 or even NTFS support for the external SD Card.

Last edited:
Logs after a repartition and clean installation. I don't know what,
"failed to connect to jdwp control socket: Connection refused"
is but it shows up a lot!

***EDIT***
If anyone else is having similar issues, it's because Magisk is having issues with Android 11 so try the Canary Builds.

topjohnwu​

is working on it!

For feedback on Canary Builds report here.

Attachments

• logs-2022-01-24-08-14-38.zip
    207.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: Scorpionea

pavuol

Jan 27, 2022
Hi guys,
I've successfully rooted my device to this ROM and as it has broken glass, I'd like to use it as a media player only.
For this purpose I'd like to use Wavelet App (supports Androids v.9 and up), but I get this error message
"Wavelet was unable to instantiate DynamicsProcessing effects" as described here.
Is there some possibility to make this work? Or can someone confirm it works with previous ROM(s)? (if so, which one?)

Thank you very much.

jenssa

Dec 8, 2018
Oslo
I experience that the phone lags and apps stop quite often, and sometimes Trebuchet stops. Does anyone know a fix? I did install BITGApps on an earlier stage and had the feeling that the phone was faster then, but I flashed Open Gapps last time I installed LOS18 from scratch - I think It was the nano package, and I wonder if even this package us too heavy?

EuK_V

Jul 1, 2020
Does anyone know why the email app was dropped in Los 18.1? I've always considered Los's built-in email app as trustful. Sorry for the off top but what do you use now instead? There are plenty of email clients on Play store but how many of them are really secure? Some of them don't even hide that they collect information from emails.

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Does anyone know why the email app was dropped in Los 18.1? I've always considered Los's built-in email app as trustful. Sorry for the off top but what do you use now instead? There are plenty of email clients on Play store but how many of them are really secure? Some of them don't even hide that they collect information from emails.

They told me, that bundled aosp was insecure and doesn't get security patches. I don't use mail clients from play store. Only from f-droid. Like fairEmail, k9 or simpleMail.

Reactions: pmduper and EuK_V

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
config: TWRP 3.5.2_9.0, Magisk 23.0 and lineage-18.1-20220123....and I was having following problems:

- Sometimes ( about two times a week), Trebuchet stops... usually waiting or restarting trebuchet was solving problem
- Up to now this is happened only two times: screen is black and no button responding... except long push to power button gives a pop up windows than from there you may select to restart the system...

Today I updated to TWRP 3.6.0_9-0 and also to lineage-18.1-20220130 nightly.. Magisk is still 23.0.. Let us see if
we still have same problems....

config: TWRP 3.5.2_9.0, Magisk 23.0 and lineage-18.1-20220123....and I was having following problems:

- Sometimes ( about two times a week), Trebuchet stops... usually waiting or restarting trebuchet was solving problem
- Up to now this is happened only two times: screen is black and no button responding... except long push to power button gives a pop up windows than from there you may select to restart the system...

Today I updated to TWRP 3.6.0_9-0 and also to lineage-18.1-20220130 nightly.. Magisk is still 23.0.. Let us see if
we still have same problems....
You are definitely gonna want Magisk v24.1 or the latest Canary build! Android 11 has all kinds of issues with Magisk v23.0!

Magisk V24.1

Magisk Canary

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
You are definitely gonna want Magisk v24.1 or the latest Canary build! Android 11 has all kinds of issues with Magisk v23.0!

Magisk V24.1

Magisk Canary

For the moment I think I don't have a problem with Magisk... Also Magisk 24 is a new software and some content has changed... I know there are some solutions for issues like "magisk_hide"...... but I'd rather wait a little longer for that. Thanks for the advice, regards

Massedil

Dec 7, 2016
Paris
Hello,

Since some days, I experience a carrier disconnection: my SIM card is suddenly not recognized.

I can see this in adb logcat :

Code:
02-01 00:29:56.667 E/PhoneInterfaceManager(16116): [PhoneIntfMgr] getCarrierPackageNamesForIntentAndPhone: No UICC
02-01 00:29:56.667 D/CarrierSvcBindHelper(16116): No carrier app for: 0
02-01 00:29:56.684 I/Telecom (15374): DefaultDialerCache: Refreshing default dialer for user 0: now com.android.dialer: [email protected]
02-01 00:29:56.760 I/PermissionControllerServiceImpl(14053): Updating user sensitive for uid 10208
02-01 00:29:56.791 W/Searchables(15374): No global search activity found
02-01 00:29:56.905 W/PagedItemListImpl(14413): Position currently contains a placeholder

[...]

02-01 00:30:21.670 I/RoleManagerService(15374): Granting default roles...
02-01 00:30:21.674 E/PhoneInterfaceManager(16116): [PhoneIntfMgr] getCarrierPackageNamesForIntentAndPhone: No UICC
02-01 00:30:21.674 D/CarrierSvcBindHelper(16116): No carrier app for: 0
02-01 00:30:21.700 W/Searchables(15374): No global search activity found
02-01 00:30:21.737 I/PermissionControllerServiceImpl(14053): Updating user sensitive for uid 10208

[...]

02-01 00:30:30.825 I/Telecom (15374): DefaultDialerCache: Refreshing default dialer for user 0: now com.android.dialer: [email protected]
02-01 00:30:30.826 E/PhoneInterfaceManager(16116): [PhoneIntfMgr] getCarrierPackageNamesForIntentAndPhone: No UICC
02-01 00:30:30.826 D/CarrierSvcBindHelper(16116): No carrier app for: 0
02-01 00:30:30.913 I/PermissionControllerServiceImpl(14053): Updating user sensitive for uid 10208
02-01 00:30:30.946 W/Searchables(15374): No global search activity found

The SIM is then not recognized until I reboot the Galaxy S5 (LineageOS 18.1-20211226-NIGHTLY-klte and baseband G900FFXXS1CQA4).

Is there someone who knows what happens ?

x2k13

Hello,

Since some days, I experience a carrier disconnection: my SIM card is suddenly not recognized.

I can see this in adb logcat :

Code:
02-01 00:29:56.667 E/PhoneInterfaceManager(16116): [PhoneIntfMgr] getCarrierPackageNamesForIntentAndPhone: No UICC
02-01 00:29:56.667 D/CarrierSvcBindHelper(16116): No carrier app for: 0
02-01 00:29:56.684 I/Telecom (15374): DefaultDialerCache: Refreshing default dialer for user 0: now com.android.dialer: [email protected]
02-01 00:29:56.760 I/PermissionControllerServiceImpl(14053): Updating user sensitive for uid 10208
02-01 00:29:56.791 W/Searchables(15374): No global search activity found
02-01 00:29:56.905 W/PagedItemListImpl(14413): Position currently contains a placeholder

[...]

02-01 00:30:21.670 I/RoleManagerService(15374): Granting default roles...
02-01 00:30:21.674 E/PhoneInterfaceManager(16116): [PhoneIntfMgr] getCarrierPackageNamesForIntentAndPhone: No UICC
02-01 00:30:21.674 D/CarrierSvcBindHelper(16116): No carrier app for: 0
02-01 00:30:21.700 W/Searchables(15374): No global search activity found
02-01 00:30:21.737 I/PermissionControllerServiceImpl(14053): Updating user sensitive for uid 10208

[...]

02-01 00:30:30.825 I/Telecom (15374): DefaultDialerCache: Refreshing default dialer for user 0: now com.android.dialer: [email protected]
02-01 00:30:30.826 E/PhoneInterfaceManager(16116): [PhoneIntfMgr] getCarrierPackageNamesForIntentAndPhone: No UICC
02-01 00:30:30.826 D/CarrierSvcBindHelper(16116): No carrier app for: 0
02-01 00:30:30.913 I/PermissionControllerServiceImpl(14053): Updating user sensitive for uid 10208
02-01 00:30:30.946 W/Searchables(15374): No global search activity found

The SIM is then not recognized until I reboot the Galaxy S5 (LineageOS 18.1-20211226-NIGHTLY-klte and baseband G900FFXXS1CQA4).

Is there someone who knows what happens ?
I've had the same with another carrier, out of the blue SIM was "ejected" and just a reboot fixed it.

Reactions: Massedil

jenssa

Dec 8, 2018
Oslo
For the moment I think I don't have a problem with Magisk... Also Magisk 24 is a new software and some content has changed... I know there are some solutions for issues like "magisk_hide"...... but I'd rather wait a little longer for that. Thanks for the advice, regards
I don't find a shield in the latest Magisk (canary build). Anyone?

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
I don't find a shield in the latest Magisk (canary build). Anyone?
following forum may have some information:

Reactions: jenssa

moreorless

Jan 23, 2021
Guys I am not sure but where is the "vibration intensity" settings? I thought there was once a setting for it and one could change it but somehow it's gone and I don't know from which release on this happened or is it just move to somewhere else? I searched in the settings search bar but it leads me to the settings where it should be but I only have available setting on/off for vibrate on call, messages and feedback but no where to set up the intensity.

any ideas? or did the DEVs just remove it - if so why?

Currently Running Build:
lineage-18.1-20220206-nightly-klte-signed.zip

Is anyone else having issues with the KLTEVZW not rendering anything with the GPU? It looks like the default for the OS is c2d but the GPU isn't doing anything. I kinda hate to have a chunk of silicon just wasting power idle, even if it does suck. Also Mobile Data is no longer working.

Last edited:

Boatshow

Guys I am not sure but where is the "vibration intensity" settings? I thought there was once a setting for it and one could change it but somehow it's gone and I don't know from which release on this happened or is it just move to somewhere else? I searched in the settings search bar but it leads me to the settings where it should be but I only have available setting on/off for vibrate on call, messages and feedback but no where to set up the intensity.

any ideas? or did the DEVs just remove it - if so why?
You can configure the intensity and make it persistent in SmartPack Kernel Manager.

You can probably also configure the intensity manually with root but I don't know the commands.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S5 LineageOS 18.1 Update 2022-05-15 - Android Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater I OTA updated S5 G900M LineageOS 18.1 klte build 2022-04-17 + MindTheGapps + Magisk 23.0 + TWRP 3.6.1_9-0 to build 2022-05-15: everything went smoothly as usual & GApps + Magisk survived the update.

There are several changes listed in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ but most importantly it includes the monthly Android security bump: Bump Security String to 2022-05-05.

After the automatic reboot as seen in the screenshot > Settings > About phone > press on Android version > Android security update: May 5, 2022.

The Vendor security patch level just below it remains @ August 1, 2017 because the vendor is Samsung & it is not publishing security patches for it's S5 proprietary hardware related blobs anymore since August 2017.

See Android Security Bulletin - May 2022 for details about the security fixes.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 klte* up to date. :cool: 👍
    hanks for a fast reply.
    I already knew that there are 'custom' youtube apps, like 'youtube vanced' which stopped developement.
    But I wanted 'real' youtube. I knew there is an option to download the file from ...apkmirror, BUT... what if youtube release a newer version in the future and google play do not offer an update then? I guess I would be forced to uninstall old version and install again newer (*.apk) version from apkmirror?

Thing is... I have an SM-T560 tablet which had similar issue with youtube. The max version it could isntall was v14 on anroid 4. Just for that, I had to install Android 7, and after I put VIPER rom on that tablet, google play allowed me to install latest youtube version.
    So... as a newb ...I'm thinking... is there are way that google play 'know' somehow which device I got and because of that it blocks the installation of latest youtube version? I don't know how to explain, but...it allowed me to install youtube on Android 7 on my tablet, but now it creates an issue over Galaxy S5 phone. Its kinda strange.

NewPipe is also able to do the same job and it's development still continuing. You may examine their page

I usually update my 900F once a month. Since the last update of LOS on 4/17/22, OSMAnd+ can no longer access the SD card where map files are stored. And since the klte has only 16GB of internal memory, I guess I can hardly use OSMAnd+ with it anymore.
    Does LineageOS change anything in this regard or do I have to wait until OSMAnd+ is adapted?
    There's already numerous posts in their forums and issues on GitHub.
    You will have either to wait or use this workaround:
    1. Go to SD-Card Downloads folder, add a new folder, e.g. osmand.
    2. Go to Osmand app and point the storage settings to there.

You will be able to download and update again.
    Quick and dirty fix. Not a nice one, but works for now.
    TWRP has option for mount and unmount partitions. Use it for unmount, change option and mount again. File manager is a feature of twrp. Use is as similar windows application and copy file from your location to system location.
    thanks for a fast reply.
    I already knew that there are 'custom' youtube apps, like 'youtube vanced' which stopped developement.
    But I wanted 'real' youtube. I knew there is an option to download the file from ...apkmirror, BUT... what if youtube release a newer version in the future and google play do not offer an update then? I guess I would be forced to uninstall old version and install again newer (*.apk) version from apkmirror?

Thing is... I have an SM-T560 tablet which had similar issue with youtube. The max version it could isntall was v14 on anroid 4. Just for that, I had to install Android 7, and after I put VIPER rom on that tablet, google play allowed me to install latest youtube version.
    So... as a newb ...I'm thinking... is there are way that google play 'know' somehow which device I got and because of that it blocks the installation of latest youtube version? I don't know how to explain, but...it allowed me to install youtube on Android 7 on my tablet, but now it creates an issue over Galaxy S5 phone. Its kinda strange. :(
    Not saying that this is the best option for you. But for info I have uninstalled youtube app about a year ago, and I am now using Firefox with "Youtube High Definition" and "uBlock Origin" plugins. With that once you remove the original app you have pretty much same experience as the app, but with absolutely no ads and. Background play, start stop from bluetooth device etc available. The only missing feature for me is to cast with another player like the Xbox. But you will not want to do that anyway since once you get used to youtube without ads it's difficult to go back... :D
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
    BuildModel
    klteSM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8
    klteactivexxSM-G870F
    klteaioSM-G900AZ, SM-S902L
    kltechnSM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    kltechnduoSM-G9006W, SM-G9008W, SM-G9009W
    klteduosSM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedvSM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekdiSC-04F, SCL23
    kltekorSM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    Reporting Bugs:
    Compatibility Notes:
    • Bootloader version doesn't matter. Anyone who tells you so doesn't know what they are taking about. My Developer Edition G900V is still running the original 4.4.2 KK aboot. My G900W8 is running the latest 6.0.1.
    • All builds except for klteactivexx and klteaio MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) radio for RIL to work. If you are about to report that RIL/radio isn't working then I pretty much guarantee this is your issue.
    • You MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) NON-HLOS for the fingerprint reader to work. If you are about to report a fingerprint reader problem then you either have old firmware (update it), your /data was previously encrypted and you performed a "clean" flash without FORMATTING /data (start over and FORMAT /data), or your reader is just broken.
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    • The latest TWRP seems like it works, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
    Merry Christmas to you @haggertk and the Lineage team. Thanks for your work throughout the year. All the very best to everyone for 2022
    SDcard corruption may be caused by a recent Google security patch. I experienced this once with the "new" unofficial LOS17 for the Samsung P605, coming from unofficial 14.1,where this never happened before. But others started complaining about the same issue, after this antique rom got a recent security patch.
    It's (likely) not. I've found an issue in the legacy paths of the recent sdfat (Samsung exfat driver) revision. I haven't been able to recreate the bug/assert after the fix. After getting a second confirmation I'll upload the merge the change.

Every kernel < 4.8.y that had updated to sdfat 1.4.5 is affected.
    S5 LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-05-09 - Security Bump, Camera U.I. Fix & Kill App Option

Using the built-in Updater I OTA updated S5 G900M LineageOS 18.1 klte build 2021-05-02 + MindTheGapps + Magisk 22.1 + TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 to build 2021-05-09: everything went smoothly & GApps + Magisk survived the update.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ but of note:

After the automatic reboot as seen in the screenshot > Settings > About phone > press on Android version > Android security update: May 5, 2021.

The Vendor security patch level just below it remains @ August 1, 2017 because the vendor is Samsung & it is not publishing security patches for it's S5 proprietary hardware related blobs anymore since August 2017.

See Android Security Bulletin - May 2021 for details about the security fixes.

With the change Snap: use translucent control background on 16:9 the stock camera is showing the full frame preview again (screenshot). There are other minor Camera changes.

Interesting also there is a new Kill foreground app option in > Settings > System > Buttons > for Home, Back & Recents buttons which is useful when an app is frozen or you want to prevent it from using some RAM in the background (screenshot). Note that it may make it slower to open that killed app the next time you want to use it.

BTW you can create a direct link to Updater & much more with the LineageOS Settings widget. I stacked a few of them on Home to create a LineageOS shortcut folder for quick access.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 up to date. :cool: 👍
    S5 LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-10-10 - Android Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater I OTA updated S5 G900M LineageOS 18.1 klte build 2021-09-19 + MindTheGapps + Magisk 23.0 + TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 to build 2021-10-10: everything went smoothly & GApps + Magisk survived the update.

There are quite a few changes listed in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ but most of them do not concern the S5 klte* family.

Most importantly it includes the monthly Android security bump: Merge tag 'android-11.0.0_r46' into staging/lineage-18.1_merge-android-11.0.0_r463.

After the automatic reboot as seen in the screenshot > Settings > About phone > press on Android version > Android security update: October 1, 2021.

See Android Security Bulletin—October 2021 for details about the security fixes.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 klte* up to date. :cool: 👍

I found a weird workaround fix for my recurring Quick tiles & status bar curtain long press System UI crashing but that's for an other posts.