[ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)

Search This thread
Another strange problem :

Have regularly "Missing SD Card" : the SD is a Sandisk ultra 128Gb class10 (A1) a new one of course.

The SD card is treated as "internal" not external.

it's a Known problem ?

I try to do the same thing (as internal) with Lineage OS 17.1 latest ROM on an another Phone, same problem :0x
Set the SD card , data transfer , no problem.
Restart the phone (because i need to put a Sim)

BAM : "Missing SD card"

Look if SD card is well inside the SD Port, no dust, etc.... No physical problem.

Try to restart the phone : a notification say "Carte SD Sandisk" is missing and still remain permanent now :(
I've had this a lot with adopted storage (sd-card formatted as internal storage).
In the end I got fed up with it and just use it as external sd-card. Since then that issue never occurred again.

DoZe22

Jan 11, 2022
I've had this a lot with adopted storage (sd-card formatted as internal storage).
In the end I got fed up with it and just use it as external sd-card. Since then that issue never occurred again.

Thanks for this reply. Hope this bug can be solved in next release.

it's V-E-R-Y helpful with 16Gb version.

32Gb version of Sm-G900F is more than hard to find !

Reactions: DoZe22
S5 On-screen Navigation bar & Gestures

SO HOW tO enable gestures?

The only options for the S5 by default on LineageOS 18.1 are found in Settings > System > Gestures and > Settings > Display > Advanced > Tap to sleep: Double-tap on the status bar or lockscreen to turn off the display.

Devices like the S5 do not have > Settings > Buttons > Navigation bar options nor on-screen navigation buttons nor > System > Advanced > Gestures > System navigation > Gesture navigation options because they have physical navigation capacitive buttons.

It can be enabled with the [MODULE] MagiskHide Props Config - SafetyNet, prop edits, and more and adding qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the build.prop and reboot.

Or use adb root to add qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to /system/build.prop as described here. Note that =1 disables it.

While I tested this on my S5 G900M klte as seen in the screenshots, I don't use that because of the loss of screen real-estate & the physical buttons are working fine.

Attachments

• On_Screen_Navigation_Bar_Buttons_S5_18-1_curiousrom.png
    On_Screen_Navigation_Bar_Buttons_S5_18-1_curiousrom.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 100

vinfraxd

Nov 15, 2017
xdaforums.com
S5 Barra di navigazione e gesti sullo schermo

Le uniche opzioni per l'S5 per impostazione predefinita su LineageOS 18.1 si trovano in Impostazioni > Sistema > Gesti e > Impostazioni > Display > Avanzate > Tocca per dormire: tocca due volte la barra di stato o la schermata di blocco per disattivare il display.

Dispositivi come l'S5 non hanno > Impostazioni > Pulsanti > Opzioni della barra di navigazione né pulsanti di navigazione sullo schermo né > Sistema > Avanzate > Gesti > Navigazione del sistema > Opzioni di navigazione dei gesti perché hanno pulsanti capacitivi di navigazione fisica.

Può essere abilitato con [MODULE] MagiskHide Props Config - SafetyNet, modifiche prop e altro e aggiungendo qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 a build.prop e riavviare.

Oppure usa adb root per aggiungere qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 a /system/build.prop come descritto qui . Nota che =1 lo disabilita.

Mentre l'ho testato sul mio S5 G900M klte come si vede negli screenshot, non lo uso a causa della perdita di spazio sullo schermo e i pulsanti fisici funzionano bene.
Thank you a lot. I will do it soon

vinfraxd

Nov 15, 2017
xdaforums.com
S5 On-screen Navigation bar & Gestures

The only options for the S5 by default on LineageOS 18.1 are found in Settings > System > Gestures and > Settings > Display > Advanced > Tap to sleep: Double-tap on the status bar or lockscreen to turn off the display.

Devices like the S5 do not have > Settings > Buttons > Navigation bar options nor on-screen navigation buttons nor > System > Advanced > Gestures > System navigation > Gesture navigation options because they have physical navigation capacitive buttons.

It can be enabled with the [MODULE] MagiskHide Props Config - SafetyNet, prop edits, and more and adding qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the build.prop and reboot.

Or use adb root to add qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to /system/build.prop as described here. Note that =1 disables it.

While I tested this on my S5 G900M klte as seen in the screenshots, I don't use that because of the loss of screen real-estate & the physical buttons are working fine.
ok bro so with adb i do not know why, but when i use adb root it doesn't work.
I also used buil prop from play store but when i modify the file (and save) in app i have error.
SO i use the magisk module but with termux (emul.) i can't see the effect of changes.
Termux>su>props>5>qemu.hw.mainkeys=0>y> reboot
I used this. But nothing changes...There is a magisk module to activate gesture?

Re: S5 On-screen Navigation bar & Gestures

ok bro so with adb i do not know why, but when i use adb root it doesn't work.
I also used buil prop from play store but when i modify the file (and save) in app i have error.
SO i use the magisk module but with termux (emul.) i can't see the effect of changes.
Termux>su>props>5>qemu.hw.mainkeys=0>y> reboot
I used this. But nothing changes...There is a magisk module to activate gesture?

With props first you add qemu.hw.mainkeys then you add the value 0 and reboot. (screenshots)

It works because I did it to update the screenshots I posted above.

If you need help with MagiskHide Props Config read the OP or ask in that thread.

Attachments

• MagiskHide_Props_Config_Terminal_quemu_curiousrom.png
    MagiskHide_Props_Config_Terminal_quemu_curiousrom.png
    130 KB · Views: 67
  • MagiskHide_Props_Config_Terminal_quemu_Reboot_curiousrom.png
    MagiskHide_Props_Config_Terminal_quemu_Reboot_curiousrom.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Love
Reactions: vinfraxd

vinfraxd

Nov 15, 2017
xdaforums.com
Re: S5 Barra di navigazione su schermo e gesti

Con props prima aggiungi qemu.hw.mainkeys quindi aggiungi il valore 0 e riavvia. (screenshot)

Funziona perché l'ho fatto per aggiornare gli screenshot che ho pubblicato sopra.

Se hai bisogno di aiuto con MagiskHide Props Config, leggi l'OP o chiedi in quel thread.
Brother thank you very much. You saved me. However you are right. A lot of space is lost. I go back to the original Laos with stock build.prop anddddddddddddddddddddddddd: LOL! All is BUGGED! AHAHAHAHAHAH. So I lost the gesture (back), I lost the gesture settings, but the gesture for recent apps (swipe up from the center) doesn't disappear! Well that's the only thing I want so I left this (also because I don't know how to remove it now ahahahahaha)

PS. Sorry for my english. My bad

AloneDisaster

Oct 20, 2020
Bogor
So I lost the gesture (back), I lost the gesture settings, but the gesture for recent apps (swipe up from the center) doesn't disappear! Well that's the only thing I want so I left this (also because I don't know how to remove it now ahahahahaha)
You can disable it bro

su
cmd overlay disable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

Type this in terminal if rooted or

adb shell
cmd overlay disable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

This if not rooted via adb

chillipig

Jun 22, 2015
i have a similar problem, i have 2GB of free space in internal storage, but sometimes the phone decide that the internal memory is full and writes "no free space".... after a reboot is geting all normal... I'm on the 14112021 build, maybe was corrected the problem on newer build....
Thought I'd give it another go with TWRP 3.6.0_9 and lineage-18.1-20220109 but no difference. Clean install and opengapps pico, storage shows 12gb free but Google play says no space :(

"Clean Install" & No Space says Google Play?

Thought I'd give it another go with TWRP 3.6.0_9 and lineage-18.1-20220109 but no difference. Clean install and opengapps pico, storage shows 12gb free but Google play says no space :(

What is the full name of the Open GApps file that you installed?

Are you are trying to download huge 100 MB apps?

If you sideloaded Open GApps it automatically creates a log named open_gapps_log.txt in the internal sdcard folder.

If you copied to the device the GApps...zip package & installed it from there manually using the recovery then the "open_gapps_log.txt" is created in the same location as the GApps...zip package.

Maybe you could attach that log to a post? Zip it if you have issues attaching it to a post.

What do you mean exactly by a clean install? Format Data is better than a simple wipe Data if you want a really clean install. (screenshot)

See Clean Install with TWRP.

From TWRP FAQ: What is a data/media device?:

"...In TWRP we also have a wipe internal storage option that rm -rf's the media folder and a "Format Data" option that formats to recreate the entire file system in case something goes completely wrong or to remove device encryption."

Format Data adds an empty encryption footer after the end of the Data partition for some future encryption related data if enabled.

Format data will destroy the content of your internal storage so backup to external SD card or computer before doing it.

Try with MindTheGApps instead of Open GApps. See the bottom of this post about optimizing MindTheGapps which I installed on my S5 G900M.

Attachments

• TWRP_Format_Data_curiousrom.png
    TWRP_Format_Data_curiousrom.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Reactions: pmduper and dcarvil
Any word yet on F2FS and EXT4 external SD Card support yet?!? My Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V) only has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. Right now it corrupts the crap out of the EXFAT partition at random. Maybe could we get some additional file system support for BTRFS, XFS, ZFS and others? How about any journaling file system support for the SD Card?!?

Last edited:

Massedil

Dec 7, 2016
Paris
It happens to me quite often. Where can i find error messages/logs that will help figure out what causes this issue?
I don't know... May be with "adb logcat" ? I suspect it is linked with the phone not exiting doze mode properly to trigger the alarm.

I have tried the app "Hourly Reminder" (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.hourlyreminder/) to test if the phone works fine with alarms. I have set an alarm every ten minutes and the app says "Your device does not fire alarms properly". Effectively some alarms are totally missed or delayed.

There is also the app "DontKillMyApp" (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.urbandroid.dontkillmyapp/) that do some tests, but I haven't tried.

Reactions: curiousrom

EuK_V

Jul 1, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S5
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Anyone having issues with the alarm clock not ringing on time, or not at all?
I can confirm similar behavior. I haven't had issues with the alarm, but the timer didn't ring several times. In my case I think I resolve the issue adding the Clock app to the "Ignore list" in the task manager I use. Since then I haven't had missed timer rings (I use timer on a daily basis).

I have tried the app "Hourly Reminder" (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.hourlyreminder/) to test if the phone works fine with alarms. I have set an alarm every ten minutes and the app says "Your device does not fire alarms properly". Effectively some alarms are totally missed or delayed.
I tried "Hourly Reminder" app - had no errors - the alarm is working.
My device is SM900FD (klteduos).

Reactions: pmduper

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
    BuildModel
    klteSM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8
    klteactivexxSM-G870F
    klteaioSM-G900AZ, SM-S902L
    kltechnSM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    kltechnduoSM-G9006W, SM-G9008W, SM-G9009W
    klteduosSM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedvSM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekdiSC-04F, SCL23
    kltekorSM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    Reporting Bugs:
    Compatibility Notes:
    • Bootloader version doesn't matter. Anyone who tells you so doesn't know what they are taking about. My Developer Edition G900V is still running the original 4.4.2 KK aboot. My G900W8 is running the latest 6.0.1.
    • All builds except for klteactivexx and klteaio MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) radio for RIL to work. If you are about to report that RIL/radio isn't working then I pretty much guarantee this is your issue.
    • You MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) NON-HLOS for the fingerprint reader to work. If you are about to report a fingerprint reader problem then you either have old firmware (update it), your /data was previously encrypted and you performed a "clean" flash without FORMATTING /data (start over and FORMAT /data), or your reader is just broken.
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    • The latest TWRP seems like it works, but if someone has issues then perhaps try using the actual supported recovery.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
    Merry Christmas to you @haggertk and the Lineage team. Thanks for your work throughout the year. All the very best to everyone for 2022
    Official LineageOS 18.1 Updates Now Monthly!

Bad news & good news. LineageOS in the recent past supported only 2 Android versions @ the same time because of infrastructure, LineageOS automated builder, servers & volunteer staff limitations and with the current testing and eventual launch of LOS 20.0 (no ETA questions please), all 18.1 supported devices should be on the chopping block.

But this time the devs made an exception. This LineageOS Gerrit Code Review change removed 89 devices from the weekly build roster Drop 18.1 devices:

if maintainers are still active, their devices can be re-added as monthly.
    And this change added 57 LineageOS 18.1 devices to the new monthly build roster: "I am alive, but very badly burned". Note that the S5 klte* family is on that lineage-build-targets list! :cool: 👍

Several of those legacy devices like the klte* cannot be promoted to official 19.1 or 20 as explained in LineageOS Changelog 26 - Tailored Twelve, Audacious Automotive, Neat Networking, Devoted Developers > Let’s talk about legacy devices chapter.

You can see the current LineageOS build roster in the hudson/lineage-build-targets on GitHub. At the present there are 105 devices supported with LineageOS 19.1 weekly builds & + the 57 LineageOS 18.1 devices.

An amazing achievement for a volunteer-based organization. ↑ (ツ)

I'm grateful for those LineageOS 18.1 devices that will get about 1 years' worth of monthly Android security bumps & some other changes. ٩(- ̮̮̃-̃)۶
    SDcard corruption may be caused by a recent Google security patch. I experienced this once with the "new" unofficial LOS17 for the Samsung P605, coming from unofficial 14.1,where this never happened before. But others started complaining about the same issue, after this antique rom got a recent security patch.
    It's (likely) not. I've found an issue in the legacy paths of the recent sdfat (Samsung exfat driver) revision. I haven't been able to recreate the bug/assert after the fix. After getting a second confirmation I'll upload the merge the change.

Every kernel < 4.8.y that had updated to sdfat 1.4.5 is affected.
    S5 LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-05-09 - Security Bump, Camera U.I. Fix & Kill App Option

Using the built-in Updater I OTA updated S5 G900M LineageOS 18.1 klte build 2021-05-02 + MindTheGapps + Magisk 22.1 + TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 to build 2021-05-09: everything went smoothly & GApps + Magisk survived the update.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see in https://download.lineageos.org/klte/changes/ but of note:

After the automatic reboot as seen in the screenshot > Settings > About phone > press on Android version > Android security update: May 5, 2021.

The Vendor security patch level just below it remains @ August 1, 2017 because the vendor is Samsung & it is not publishing security patches for it's S5 proprietary hardware related blobs anymore since August 2017.

See Android Security Bulletin - May 2021 for details about the security fixes.

With the change Snap: use translucent control background on 16:9 the stock camera is showing the full frame preview again (screenshot). There are other minor Camera changes.

Interesting also there is a new Kill foreground app option in > Settings > System > Buttons > for Home, Back & Recents buttons which is useful when an app is frozen or you want to prevent it from using some RAM in the background (screenshot). Note that it may make it slower to open that killed app the next time you want to use it.

BTW you can create a direct link to Updater & much more with the LineageOS Settings widget. I stacked a few of them on Home to create a LineageOS shortcut folder for quick access.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 up to date. :cool: 👍