On locked bootloader I still only get L3 unfortunatelyWith a unlocked bootloader you are only able to achieve Widevine security level 3. With Pixel Experience you can lock the bootloader post-installation. With a locked bootloader you should be able to achieve level 1. However, I cannot personally verify (I'm operating with unlocked bootloader).
Instructions to lock bootloader
Excerpt from the install guide [Link Here]
In some devices flashing a custom avb key to avb_custom_key is supported. Doing this will allow you to lock your bootloader. This step is OPTIONAL.
WARNING: Your data will be lost, please do a backup.
- Make sure your device is in bootloader/fastboot mode.
- Download the PixelExperience avb_custom_key Image [Download Here]
- Flash the ‘.img’ file via fastboot:
- On the device, be in bootloader/fastboot mode.
- From the host machine, flash the image using:
fastboot flash avb_custom_key avb_custom_key.img
- Now you can lock your bootloader using:
fastboot oem lock
- If someone on Pixel Experience has locked the bootloader post-installation it would be great if they could share a screenshot of their current Widevine security level. The level can be found by using dedicated applications such as DRM Info [Link Here]