[ROM][OFFICIAL][11][OnePlus Nord/avicii] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Yunikari

Jul 14, 2016
Maastricht
OnePlus Nord
With a unlocked bootloader you are only able to achieve Widevine security level 3. With Pixel Experience you can lock the bootloader post-installation. With a locked bootloader you should be able to achieve level 1. However, I cannot personally verify (I'm operating with unlocked bootloader).

Instructions to lock bootloader
Excerpt from the install guide [Link Here]

In some devices flashing a custom avb key to avb_custom_key is supported. Doing this will allow you to lock your bootloader. This step is OPTIONAL.

WARNING: Your data will be lost, please do a backup.
  1. Make sure your device is in bootloader/fastboot mode.
  2. Download the PixelExperience avb_custom_key Image [Download Here]
  3. Flash the ‘.img’ file via fastboot:
    • On the device, be in bootloader/fastboot mode.
    • From the host machine, flash the image using: fastboot flash avb_custom_key avb_custom_key.img
  4. Now you can lock your bootloader using: fastboot oem lock
EDITS:
  1. If someone on Pixel Experience has locked the bootloader post-installation it would be great if they could share a screenshot of their current Widevine security level. The level can be found by using dedicated applications such as DRM Info [Link Here]
On locked bootloader I still only get L3 unfortunately

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210410-134814_DRM_Info.png
    Screenshot_20210410-134814_DRM_Info.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: rahul4
Hi, I'd like to ask - how stable is the newest build? I had installed the Pixel Experience back in February, I believe and, at least at the very beginning after installing it, it was so slow and laggy, that it was actually unusable. It might have been only because I didn't wait long enough for the system to start working as expected, though I have installed back the stock ROM.
So my question is - is it buttery smooth (now)? I can also remember the issue with the fingerprint unlock being useless after sunset because of the lack of backlight - is it fixed now? I'm looking forward to an 11 Android version from LOS, I'd prefer it over the Pixel Experience, but I guess it's clean enough with the lighter version.

Cheers!
For me it's been as stable as OxygenOS (OOS). As for the fingerprint sensor I find it a bit slower than on OOS but I have not done a timed comparison so I cannot verify. I have no issues unlocking the phone using fingerprint in a completely dark room so would say that the backlight issues has been fixed.

Reactions: arminnnq

andredias744

Feb 23, 2016
Ok so I installed this ROM and it is running beauntifully so far. I have AOD on and when unlocking the device using the fingerprint scanner it unlocks as normal. However, when using it a second time it does not work. I have to restart the device so that it can unlock again or unlock from the lock screen, instead of the AOD screen.

The ROM was just clean flashed and I even tried factory reset it again. Is it a known bug?

Ok so I installed this ROM and it is running beauntifully so far. I have AOD on and when unlocking the device using the fingerprint scanner it unlocks as normal. However, when using it a second time it does not work. I have to restart the device so that it can unlock again or unlock from the lock screen, instead of the AOD screen.

The ROM was just clean flashed and I even tried factory reset it again. Is it a known bug?
I've had some fingerprint unlock issues where if I wake the phone by other means than pressing the power button e.g., plugging in power cable, the fingerprint sensor don't activate and I need to enter PIN (or toggle the power button). I don't use AOD so not sure if it's related to your issue.

artin1993

Oct 30, 2008
I can confirm GPay NFC payment does work on 20201120 version.

Very good job! Thank you

HI! I can't get Google Pay to work. Is says my phone does not meet security requirements although Safety Net checks are passed. I've tried hiding magisk from the apps, hiding magisk app itself and the sqldb trick to set assets to 0. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

StaLLLin

Mar 28, 2011
I've had some fingerprint unlock issues where if I wake the phone by other means than pressing the power button e.g., plugging in power cable, the fingerprint sensor don't activate and I need to enter PIN (or toggle the power button). I don't use AOD so not sure if it's related to your issue.
Have an issue with fingerprint unlock too! It actually works only after pressing power button. BUT! It works a bit faster than on OOS for me! Any suggestions on this issue?

HI! I can't get Google Pay to work. Is says my phone does not meet security requirements although Safety Net checks are passed. I've tried hiding magisk from the apps, hiding magisk app itself and the sqldb trick to set assets to 0. Nothing works. Any suggestions?
I do not have access to Google Pay due to a limitation with my card provider so I am not able to perform any valuable testing. Have a look at the MagiskHide Props module, that might be of interest. [Link Here]

Last edited:

KakatkarAkshay

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2020
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus Nord
New builds are out.
Normal: https://download.pixelexperience.or...rience_avicii-11.0-20210423-0639-OFFICIAL.zip
Plus: https://download.pixelexperience.or...e_Plus_avicii-11.0-20210423-0638-OFFICIAL.zip

Changelog:
For both editions:
* April security patch
* Updated translations
* Improved face unlock
* Performance and stability improvements
* Improved Haptics
* Fixed HDR in Netflix for a few Lucky people that have L1.

Plus Edition Only:
* Introduce anti flicker mode in LiveDisplay

If you like my work and would like to contribute to my server costs you can donate to me on following.

Paypal: https://paypal.me/KakatkarAkshay
UPI: [email protected]

Reactions: jorgen.bruntveit

rahul4

Nov 11, 2014
Bangalore
Hello all,

First of all this is a very stable, good looking and well performing rom. But I think there are 3 things which have to be to fixed/added/improved.

1. Double tap to wake-up in lockscreen.
2. Fingerprint sensor enabled in AOD.
3. Widevine L1 support with a relocked bootloader.

Reactions: jorgen.bruntveit

KakatkarAkshay

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2020
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus Nord
Hello all,

First of all this is a very stable, good looking and well performing rom. But I think there are 3 things which have to be to fixed/added/improved.

1. Double tap to wake-up in lockscreen.
2. Fingerprint sensor enabled in AOD.
3. Widevine L1 support with a relocked bootloader.
1. Needs kernel side support and currently NFC is broken on the kernel source released by OnePlus so I can either have double tap to wake enabled or have NFC working and for official NFC is more prioritised.
2. Same as 1.
3. I cannot do anything about it, it should be added from OEM side.

Lostprophet85

Apr 17, 2018
Oh, that's no fun! I've had a Magisk module that caused system freezes. Then I had luck rebooting the phone opening the recent apps (long swipe from bottom) and close all applications before performing another reboot. Then I was able to open Magisk (first application to be opened) and deactivate the rouge module. I would also try to sideload the Magisk *.zip once more from the recovery. You can also try to re-install the Magisk Root and application from within the Magisk application (if you are able to access the application).

It's always frustrating when things don't go the way one plan, but the sweeter the reward! Best of luck 🙏
Hi again!
Thank you for your kind words and support, I really appreciate it. I tried again yesterday by flashing PE and Magisk in the same manner as before, only with the latest versions of both. At first it looked like the phone was screwed again, but after another reboot it suddenly worked! I am finally on PE with root just like I wanted, mostly thanks to you.
Safety net does not work, even though I followed your guide closely, but I don't care.

Oh and speaking of your guide to root, I think you misunderstood me (or I still don't get something). In my opinion, you can delete points 8 and 9 as they make no sense. While in recovery, typing "fastboot devices" will not show your device even if fastboot is set up correctly, at least for me it doesn't. This only works when in bootloader/fastboot mode, not in recovery.

Anyway, thanks again for your help, you're awesome :)

tterrafan

• Apr 16, 2014
    Hello,

I recently bought a Nord and made the mistake to update to current OgygenOS 11 which does not support the ultrawide lenses for 3rd party camera apps like Filmic Pro, GCam etc.

Does Pixel Experience 11 support all necessary Camera APIs so I will be able to use all cameras of the Nord with 3rd party camera apps like Filmic Pro?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone