• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][11][OnePlus Nord/avicii] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

rehan99

May 31, 2018
OnePlus Nord
Hi! I think this rom is great! OOS was very bad (under 5hr SoT with latest update) and I was going to sell the phone. I have two questions: how do you root with magisk? I have the recovery of the pixel experience. I have always had xiaomi phones and once I installed a recovery (twrp / orangefox) everything was easier.
How can I install the oos camera? I have the gcam but I would also like the oos camera
This tutorial is for OOS11 with root, but you could give it a shot if you want.

Root tutorial (I suppose using adb sideload on PE recovery works similar to flashing a zip through twrp)
link:

Reactions: Manish Lamichhane

rehan99

May 31, 2018
OnePlus Nord
Is there any way to get widevine L1 through root?

EDIT: never mind, just flashed and I don't know how but I've seen other users report them having L3 but I'm having L1 (Netflix FHD + HDR supported) despite being rooted.

Also a major bug I noticed, Camera quality on third party apps are horrible, on Snapchat for example, the viewfinder gives much sharper image than the image you get after capturing (due to extensive noise reduction applied). This also happens on instagram, whatsapp, etc pretty much all other apps that's not camera dedicated.

This was a major issue I remember existed in early builds of OOS 10 when they launched the phone but fixed it later.

I also managed to get DT2W working with stormbreaker kernel, worked like a charm. (Note that NFC stopped working, so just leaving it here for people who wants to exchange these features.)

Performance wise I feel like it's much better than OOS, kudos on that.
I'm using this rom with the stormbreaker kernel, but still don't seem to have DT2W, any suggestions on how I can get it to work? Also, are you rooted?

[email protected]

Dec 15, 2018
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus Nord [avicii]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer
Patreon

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Does it have OnePlus camera. Can we flash it.

deepudeepu99

Jul 1, 2019
I'm using this rom with the stormbreaker kernel, but still don't seem to have DT2W, any suggestions on how I can get it to work? Also, are you rooted?
Yes, I forgot to mention it needs root to work.
After flashing storm breaker, I got smartpack kernel manager from play store (or any other alternatives I suppose), give it root access and head over to the wake gestures section and enable DT2W from there. It's disabled by default.

Reactions: rehan99

deepudeepu99

Jul 1, 2019
Hi! I think this rom is great! OOS was very bad (under 5hr SoT with latest update) and I was going to sell the phone. I have two questions: how do you root with magisk? I have the recovery of the pixel experience. I have always had xiaomi phones and once I installed a recovery (twrp / orangefox) everything was easier.
How can I install the oos camera? I have the gcam but I would also like the oos camera
Others suggest you can root through magisk by ADB sideloading magisk.zip, however the way I did is by:

1. Once you're all done with setting up the rom, go to the bootloader.
2. Flash/boot to TWRP using fastboot. (Command -> fastboot boot <twrpfilename.img>)
3. Using the command: 'adb push <Orangefox.zip> /sdcard/' , copy the orangefox recovery zip file from your PC to your phone storage and install orangefox recovery. I'll attach the files and magisk zip in case if you can't find it. (update it from magisk manager later).
4. Your phone will automatically restart to Orangefox after installing and you can install the magisk.zip file from the recovery directly from your storage.

It's a longer method but you have a much better recovery to work on with, and I recommend having it as you can manage your modules directly from the recovery in case your phone gets softbricked by a magisk module, with a lot of other perks alongside.

About oneplus camera, I don't know this because I never tried it but it might work if you manage to install the oneplus camera app as a system app. You'll most likely need root to do this.

Attachments

• Magisk.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 14
  • OrangeFox-R11.1_0-Beta-Unofficial-avicii.zip
    45.7 MB · Views: 10
  • twrp-3.4.0-13-avicii-mauronofrio.img
    32.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

farolf96

Feb 23, 2010
Thanks everyone for the help! This morning I rooted my devices patching the boot.img file with magisk! I extracted it using PC, it was long but I succeeded.
I tried to install the oneplus camera using app systemizer but it crashes when starting, too bad

Reactions: deepudeepu99

rehan99

May 31, 2018
OnePlus Nord
Kinda new to modding on android, but does anyone have any idea if there's any tweaks that can be made so increase the ram usage of the phone? I might be wrong about this but my oneplus nord has 12GB of ram, wondering if there's a way to make use of all of it since the device barely uses half of it at any given time.

Top Liked Posts