[ROM][OFFICIAL][11][OnePlus Nord/avicii] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

daniel_silver

Oct 31, 2020
Kalix
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Edit: i got it to work. Used boot command instead of flash.

Hi
I'm following the install guide.
But when i try to install recovery i get this.

Any solution to this?

Code:
C:\Users\danie\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery PixelExperience_avicii-10.0-20201011-1210-OFFICIAL.img

Sending 'recovery' (131072 KB)                     OKAY [  2.886s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 FAILED (remote: 'Error flashing partition : Volume Full')
fastboot: error: Command failed

C:\Users\danie\adb-fastboot\platform-tools>

Last edited:

TrashiUwU

Oct 29, 2020
Alright so I just tried the rom, and to answer my own question, and some others, in case other people come here for the same reason I did:

1. Yes, the rom seems stable for regular use, and safetynet has no issues, meaning I can use apps that check for security issues through root.

2. When trying to flash recovery, I used the older version of the PE recovery .img
The old version is under 100mb, the new one is more. I also got the volume full error with the latest img, the smaller version worked just fine.

3. The reason why I wanted a custom rom in the first place is because the Nord seemingly blocks apps and/or internet access when locked, so notifications are delayed to an extreme degree. Using both Pixel Experience and Pixys did not solve this, if anything, it felt worse.
So if anyone else comes here for the same reason I did, I'll save you the disappointment and potential risk if you don't know what you're doing.

Great work on the Rom, OP. It seems to work well otherwise and it does give the pixel experience, but it seems the issues I have with this phone lie deeper than that.

Also, when trying to restore OOS with the official zip from 1+, neither twrp nor PE recovery could install, because of a signature error and "expected avicii instead of Nord", respectively.
I used Some_Random_Username 's unbrick tool (msmdownloadtool) to do a full reset instead.

If anything I said is weird or plain wrong, forgive me, as I said before, this is fairly new to me. But I assume there may be others like me who might find some help in this post at least.

Last edited:

KakatkarAkshay

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2020
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus Nord
Alright so I just tried the rom, and to answer my own question, and some others, in case other people come here for the same reason I did:

1. Yes, the rom seems stable for regular use, and safetynet has no issues, meaning I can use apps that check for security issues through root.

2. When trying to flash recovery, I used the older version of the PE recovery .img
The old version is under 100mb, the new one is more. I also got the volume full error with the latest img, the smaller version worked just fine.

3. The reason why I wanted a custom rom in the first place is because the Nord seemingly blocks apps and/or internet access when locked, so notifications are delayed to an extreme degree. Using both Pixel Experience and Pixys did not solve this, if anything, it felt worse.
So if anyone else comes here for the same reason I did, I'll save you the disappointment and potential risk if you don't know what you're doing.

Great work on the Rom, OP. It seems to work well otherwise and it does give the pixel experience, but it seems the issues I have with this phone lie deeper than that.

Also, when trying to restore OOS with the official zip from 1+, neither twrp nor PE recovery could install, because of a signature error and "expected avicii instead of Nord", respectively.
I used Some_Random_Username 's unbrick tool (msmdownloadtool) to do a full reset instead.

If anything I said is weird or plain wrong, forgive me, as I said before, this is fairly new to me. But I assume there may be others like me who might find some help in this post at least.
Will fix the recovery file size issues with next build. Also about the oos zip, it's not supposed to be flashed by custom recoveries do I can't say anything about why it didn't work.

luckana

Apr 30, 2012
Burgas
Google Pixel 6

The delayed notifications issue shouldn't ever be prevalent unless when you tweak doze settings or block wakelocks/optimize individual apps battery consumption. If none of the aforementioned is true for your particular phone state then try a fresh full stock flash. If that doesn't help then idk. ? Mine are delayed too but i have done hefty optimization tweaks and doze tweaks and also have disabled ton of google services from the gms package so it actually is expected to be in such state. When i was on stock rom (locked bootloader and no root) i can almost swear that this issue was not there. 99% sure

Last edited:

bemymonkey

Aug 12, 2007
@luckana Tons of people are reporting this on stock as well, so it's possible or maybe even likely you just didn't notice on stock.

luckana

Apr 30, 2012
Burgas
Google Pixel 6
I'm stock and since the last two updates (8 and 9) it's getting worse than before ?
Possible but not everyone i would assume so its perhaps some setting/form of particular state that large percentage of people share. I mean, every phone, let's say the same model, hardware rev. and OS build means equal, listens for notifications and is subscribed for broadcast emissions the same way so trivially the software and the internet connection are essentially always present and the same for everyone aren't they? Based on that, the question is then how would doze parameters differ on two phones of the same model, on stock rom? That doesn't sound logical to me

Last edited:

bemymonkey

Aug 12, 2007
IIRC the issue was related to IPv6 vs. IPv6 and the way the router and any 6-to-4 tunneling is set up. There was something about people fixing the problem by disabling IPv6 (or IPv4, can't remember) in their router. So the internet connection you're using will have an effect on the result - that's why some people don't have the issue even though they're still running the same exact software on the exact same device.

Senaxo

Jul 8, 2016
I have now installed your current version on my smartphone and unfortunately I have a problem that when I want to turn off the screen it just stays on all the time and I can't find an option for it. And then I have another problem that I would like to have this normal Android Navigation Bar active because I can handle it best. Thank you very much for your support @CryllicBuster273 :good:;).

Branch31

Apr 29, 2013
I have now installed your current version on my smartphone and unfortunately I have a problem that when I want to turn off the screen it just stays on all the time and I can't find an option for it. And then I have another problem that I would like to have this normal Android Navigation Bar active because I can handle it best. Thank you very much for your support @CryllicBuster273 :good:;).

For the issue with the screen being on, enter settings and then on the top type always on and you will get the option to disable it, for the issue with navigation on settings look for gesture and you should find the option for navigation and select 3 button navigation or 2 button navigation, they have the nav bar

CJMax

Nov 4, 2013
hello,
I have just installed latest version and the issue with crashing gcam app seems to be still here.
I try different gcam versions with no luck.
Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm using the GCam build from this thread: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-nord/themes/gcam-oneplus-nord-t4137529 (Wichaya with the supplied configs). Works perfectly fine with support for all cameras.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

New build is out.
Changelog:
-November security patch
-Translations updated
-Minor fixes
-Fixed tap to pay (Format data if NFC doesn't start for you)

Downloads on website.

The OTA updater says "This update can't be installed on top of the current build". Does that mean I need to do a full wipe and flash?

dubazar

Apr 11, 2008
Lyon
I'm using the GCam build from this thread: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-nord/themes/gcam-oneplus-nord-t4137529 (Wichaya with the supplied configs). Works perfectly fine with support for all cameras.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

The OTA updater says "This update can't be installed on top of the current build". Does that mean I need to do a full wipe and flash?
Thanks, you're right this version is working great.
Do you find a way to deactivate the preinstalled gcam app?

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS Nord en utilisant Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts