• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [11] [PIXEL EXTENDED 3.0] [VINCE] [18/08/2021]

Search This thread
Oct 16, 2016
My vince device has a problem (in this rom and in every custom rom) of random reboots sometimes and the fingerprint doesn't work if it's sleep for sometime, if I press power button or double tap to wake then it works fine, it happens with all android 8,9,10 roms I tried, But this doesn't happen with MIUI Stock ROM, I don't want to use miui I want to use stock android based roms, but these problems are very frustrating, What could be the problem can anyone help!

My installation steps - Wipe, cache delvic data internal vendor, then install rom then reboot
Tried with orangefox and twrp latest build
Even tried installing miui global/china firmware but still same problems occur

Last edited:

deksman2

Jan 28, 2011
My vince device has a problem (in this rom and in every custom rom) of random reboots sometimes and the fingerprint doesn't work if it's sleep for sometime, if I press power button or double tap to wake then it works fine, it happens with all android 8,9,10 roms I tried, But this doesn't happen with MIUI Stock ROM, I don't want to use miui I want to use stock android based roms, but these problems are very frustrating, What could be the problem can anyone help!

My installation steps - Wipe, cache delvic data internal vendor, then install rom then reboot
Tried with orangefox and twrp latest build
Even tried installing miui global/china firmware but still same problems occur

Try wiping your internal storage in addition to your other steps.
I haven't experienced random reboots with this 2.8 version.
My persistent issue with A10 and 11 ROM's was UI crashing randomly (which caused massive slowdowns to the point where the phone became unusable) and switching between apps was painfully slow.
For the most part, I'm not experiencing UI crashes with this 2.8 (yet), and switching between apps has been faster (not perfectly fast as there's still a lot of delay when opening Google Maps for example), but otherwise, its working better than before (so far).

Mind you, I'll have to wait a few days more or over a week to see how it behaves over time.

Short of that, always use OrangeFox recovery 10.0 stable (or 10.1 stable) to install these ROM's.

[email protected]

Feb 17, 2018
Kannur
Changelog - 2021/07/25

• Switch to Enforcing
• Switched to Pixel Power HAL (libperfmgr)
• App opening speeds improved
• Address Lots of Denials
• Misc Optimizations

Note: OTA pushed already.
• You can dirty flash from V2.8
• VILTE is working. (It works from Jio To Jio)
• Screen Cast is working
• Enforcing
• Found Any Bugs? If yes, Report With Proper Logs at @pixelextendedvince
• Safety Net Passes By Default
• This Build Comes With Gapps. (So, No need To Flash Gapps)

richigox

Mar 4, 2015
Garut
Changelog - 2021/07/25

• Switch to Enforcing
• Misc Optimizations

• Screen Cast is working
• Enforcing
is this lastest update ? Where can I download this ? at first Page ?

Last edited:

pranav_jain

Jul 30, 2021
I'm having frequent system crashes and app crashes as well. For some parts, it works fine but mostly it lags like hell. Also, phone app lags a lot means it only rings and call UI comes almost at the end.

Can I please know how to solve this problem? I really want to use stock android. Previously I was using Pixel Experience 10 Plus (had the same problem with it too).

To install this ROM, I wiped Dalvik/ART, System, Data, Cache and Vendor (I found this in a video), then I flashed the ROM and it was done.

Will factory resetting the device solve this problem? (not from recovery)

I'm currently using version 2.8 (1530).

Also, can I know what will happen if I select wipe Internal Storage in the Wipe section? (I'm fairly new to all these things)

The best part of this ROM is it stopped overheating while on charging.

j_Ser

May 24, 2020
2.9 = goood

For me, there is a little lag when unlock phone after night/long sleep (seems it starts update everithing = heavy load).
FM not working. And color setting (settings-display-theming) resets after reboot.

pranav_jain

Jul 30, 2021
Updated to V2.9

It's stable but I'm having an issue, Call UI doesn't appear while the phone keeps on ringing (had this issue in an earlier update too - really need help to solve this issue pls)
Also, after update the device is now charging quite slowly on the original in-box charger (tried other docks too, but the result is same). Hotspot turns off as we turn on location.

Video calling from the Phone app started working (it didn't work earlier on my device)

Overall it's a really good experience to use this ROM especially on 2.9 update.

kipariss

May 12, 2011
Moscow
OTA update does not work, ROM is downloaded, offers to reboot and that's it ...
Is the phone just rebooted, or is it supposed to be and is it just downloading the ROM for flashing through the lace?

pranav_jain

Jul 30, 2021
OTA update does not work, ROM is downloaded, offers to reboot and that's it ...
Is the phone just rebooted, or is it supposed to be and is it just downloading the ROM for flashing through the lace?
I downloaded the Updated rom and installed it from Orange Fox. It working fine for me.

A question, is your Google phone app working properly? Coz I'm having a big issue with it.

kipariss

May 12, 2011
Moscow
ROM is really good, even more than.
It would be great if OTA updates came out in small packages that do not require rebooting or flashing as a whole, then - generally gold!
Is it possible to return the recording of conversations?

qhetomak

May 12, 2014
hi! need some help here. clean flashed this but getting black screen after the MI unlocked logo. Used latest TWRP without success, then I tried Orangefox R10 with the same problem. Last ROM used is Pixel Experience Oreo, I think from October 2018 but I don't have the image anymore.

quest2012

Oct 18, 2012
BANGALORE
Thanks @[email protected] for maintaining and developing the ROM and keeping Vince alive . Have been using the ROM for a while now , and I am sure the performance needs to be looked into . The RAM management once optimized will get us better smoothness. May be choosing another kernel might help. Cheers .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm new to this ROM. Are there currently any Bugs pending to solve or does it run stable?
    I can say that it's stable enough as I'm using it daily. I'm not getting random reboots or any other weird crippling behavior. I think it will depend on the apps you use and how you use your phone.

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Redmi 5 Plus [vince]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 11 (R)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Vilte (Carrier Video Calling)
    Sound/Vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment
    Volte icon

As only Essesntial Features will be added so this list will updated whenever there is a new feature

NOTE :- All possible features are toggleable so you always can choose to be stockish.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Gift me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

Hi, how are you? I was testing the rom on my Redmi 5 Plus global version, and I wanted to install the Parrot gcam, the MGC_7.4.104 version, I had done it on Xiaomi.EU 21.1.10 by Rashid Malyk, but here I can't, some solution ? do not install the magik yet
    Hi, how are you? I was testing the rom on my Redmi 5 Plus global version, and I wanted to install the Parrot gcam, the MGC_7.4.104 version, I had done it on Xiaomi.EU 21.1.10 by Rashid Malyk, but here I can't, some solution ? do not install the magik yet
    Rooting your device after work good with that because u will have good stuff after using mahisk ..AND try PitchBlack RECOVERY IN PLACE OF TWRP OR ANY OTHER here u will get working file manager and about the camera use Google go by default which run smoothly by default
    Rooting your device after work good with that because u will have good stuff after using mahisk ..AND try PitchBlack RECOVERY IN PLACE OF TWRP OR ANY OTHER here u will get working file manager and about the camera use Google go by default which run smoothly by default
    Thank you very much, I was thinking that I had forgotten a step on the way, I am going to try it and then I write my return 😉👍
    sorry, but I don't know what this "Power Flash" is.
    No problem bro follow the link -1

If ur on recovery like TWRP OR ORANGEFOX and won't to go back to recovery use link -2
    Then use this one and after completion of this follow link -1 videos

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Redmi 5 Plus [vince]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 11 (R)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Vilte (Carrier Video Calling)
    Sound/Vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment
    Volte icon

As only Essesntial Features will be added so this list will updated whenever there is a new feature

NOTE :- All possible features are toggleable so you always can choose to be stockish.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Gift me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

Device Changelog:
    • Fixed Most of the Issues Related to Mic/Audio
    • Fixed Can't Turn Off DT2W
    • Fixed "Squared App Opening Animation"
    • Fixed Lags with Blur Enabled
    • Upstreamed Kernel to .280
    • Updated To Aug Redfin FP
    • Switch To GcamGO as Default Camera
    • Switched back To Old Thermal Engine
    • Battery Backup Should be Slightly better
    • Switched to Unitrix Kernel
    • Misc Optimizations.

Notes:
    • Enforcing
    • Unitrix Kernel by Default
    • Safety net Passes By Default
    • OTA has been Pushed

Download:
    Here
    Great ROM ?

This is by far the BEST Android 11 ROM for Vince :D
    Everything works great and has the perfect balance between customization and stability, and of course the "Google Experience" that almost all of us love

Thank you so much for making this ROM for our old friend Vince ;)

I have noticed that the bootanimation doesn't fit properly, so I'm using this one:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-4/themes/bootanimation-logo-pixel-2-t3695900
    Changelog - 2021/07/25

• Switch to Enforcing
    • Misc Optimizations

• Screen Cast is working
    • Enforcing
    you can make the FM radio work ? is all that is needed now
    Will fix it in next Update :/