Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][11][OSS][sweet] CherishOS V2.8 13-08-2021 [EOL]

Search This thread

iTAZUETA

Aug 3, 2012
Paris
Redmi Note 10 Pro
ok, now gapps are removed with the uninstall tag and -1 in NikGapps but now Im stuck on the bootlogo, nothing is happening anymore. been like this for the past 20 min. Im slowly loosing it here. has anyone any tips for me to get it working

aladin6

Mar 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
ok, now gapps are removed with the uninstall tag and -1 in NikGapps but now Im stuck on the bootlogo, nothing is happening anymore. been like this for the past 20 min. Im slowly loosing it here. has anyone any tips for me to get it working
Reset all and re-flash with Nikgapps canary. Perhaps that it fixes the setup wizard crash.

LeDiable

Feb 18, 2010
Mumbai

I highly suspect a vendor mismatch issue if that's the case. Just try flashing the original image file using fastboot and miflash. Let it update the correct vendors for the region that you're using it in. Then reinstall TWRP and go about your flashing stuff.

iTAZUETA

Aug 3, 2012
Paris
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I highly suspect a vendor mismatch issue if that's the case. Just try flashing the original image file using fastboot and miflash. Let it update the correct vendors for the region that you're using it in. Then reinstall TWRP and go about your flashing stuff.
Small issue with that im using a mac and only have another laptop with linux and miflash is windows only. I will for now move to Arrow since that worked flawlessly, just wanted the extra feature with this rom but i can live without it. since i cant even install it and use it correctly. Im sure this is a nice Rom and thanks for the help and the developer of the rom for Supporting our device. Thanks again Guys for all the Help

Ps: already Flashed latest MIUI via recovery and the Phone got reset to Latest Version Including Vender Image

Last edited:
Reactions: LeDiable

LeDiable

Feb 18, 2010
Mumbai
@jpg3927 One more request if possible.

If within cherish options you could please provide an option to force 60Hz onto apps?

GMaps and YouTube need to run at 60Hz only to save unnecessary battery drain as there's no logical/perceivable advantage of running them at 60Hz.

rathisarov

Nov 6, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
1.i understand vanilla build has call recorder
If we flash gapps, will it still work without issues or some google policies ban the recording or inform opposite caller about recording

2.does this ROM have app lock? or in future atleast?

3.ANX supported?

4.AutoBrightness bug can be fixed? dropping too low or going too high is difficult
AOD brightness if it can be tuned to be minimum just visible in dark rooms will be a bonus

Thanks.

LeDiable

Feb 18, 2010
Mumbai
1.i understand vanilla build has call recorder
If we flash gapps, will it still work without issues or some google policies ban the recording or inform opposite caller about recording

2.does this ROM have app lock? or in future atleast?

3.ANX supported?

4.AutoBrightness bug can be fixed? dropping too low or going too high is difficult
AOD brightness if it can be tuned to be minimum just visible in dark rooms will be a bonus

Thanks.
1) Vanilla ROM doesn't have an app specific to recording calls. Its just the AOSP dialer and the feature is enabled, which will get overridden by the Google dialer if you flash one of them big gapps packages. I used Nickapps basic by changing the config file and flashed everything other than the dialer and contacts. Perfect mix and match where I have everything I need except the google dialer, contacts and have the AOSP ones instead.

2) Yes, it does.

3) Don't see why not if you have Magisk installed.

4) Not really a biggie, jpg said he'll take a look. The min levels could be lower but the main issue here is the levels change slightly abruptly, it's not smooth enough, say youre moving from a dark room to another it just increases instantly rather than smoothly scaling up to the needed level.

I doubt brightness setup should be an issue, its one of the simplest things to change/modify but one of the trickiest to nail down. But shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Last edited:

a safe haven

Oct 24, 2016
Dhaka
Can't seem to install the rom properly, was trying the latest update last night,
"Cherish-OS-v2.5-20210510-0916-sweet-OFFICIAL-Vanilla" but it just kept booting onto twrp and twrp says no os installed, I was using arrow os before this.
Formatted everything before installing and formatted data after installing as well.
Tried installing with flamegapps as well, still no luck, the phone kept rebooting into twrp every time.

Reactions: PsyCoder420

victorsrg

Apr 12, 2007
Can't seem to install the rom properly, was trying the latest update last night,
"Cherish-OS-v2.5-20210510-0916-sweet-OFFICIAL-Vanilla" but it just kept booting onto twrp and twrp says no os installed, I was using arrow os before this.
Formatted everything before installing and formatted data after installing as well.
Tried installing with flamegapps as well, still no luck, the phone kept rebooting into twrp every time.
i suggest you try installing the stock rom for your device first. boot into in, reinstall twrp, and try again. Latest arrow uses custom vendor so you might even need to fastboot flash...but you cqan try this 1st. please let me know if this helps!

a safe haven

Oct 24, 2016
Dhaka
i suggest you try installing the stock rom for your device first. boot into in, reinstall twrp, and try again. Latest arrow uses custom vendor so you might even need to fastboot flash...but you cqan try this 1st. please let me know if this helps!
Really appreciate the help, but unfortunately, I don't have the original MIUI downloaded also I am on the indian variant of note 10 pro (Sweetin). I set up arrow os again from the start and I guess I don't jump through all those hoops again.
I wish this rom also supported custom vendors so I could just install it normally.

LeDiable

Feb 18, 2010
Mumbai
I can second this, flashing the 0510 ruined my nice stable setup from 0508 by giving me google play service force closes. Will need to clean-flash and do everything again apparently :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cherish.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. CherishOS is a reborn of pie based Dot-ExtendedOS.

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.[CODE]

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.[/CODE]

CLEAN FLASH (COMING FROM MIUI, OTHER AOSP ROM]:

-Reboot to recovery
    - Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    - Flash Miui Rom (like xiaomi.eu..) - Doesn't need since oss
    - Reboot To Recovery - Doesn't need since oss
    - Flash the ROM
    - Reboot To Recovery
    - Flash the Flamegapps
    - Reboot To Recovery
    - Flash magisk (optional)
    - Format Data
    - Reboot

UPDATE ROM :

-Reboot to recovery
    - Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    - Flash the ROM
    - Reboot To Recovery
    - Flash the Flamegapps
    - Reboot To Recovery
    - Flash magisk (optional)
    - Wipe cache, dalvik
    - Reboot

Download ROM
    Download NikGapps

cherish.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -MSM Xtended
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -CrDroid ROM
    -DotOS
    -OctaviOS
    -Others, I forgot to mention

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    VoLTE
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    - Settings-Cherish Settings-Notificaion-Custom Color not working [FC]
    - Stock pixel live wallpaper not working
    - Sometimes deep sleep not work, then reboot will help you
    - OK, Google not working
    - You tell me

cherish.png

CherishOS Source

Kernel Source
    Delta Kernel Source
    Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS
    Changelog

2021/08/13
    - CherishOS v2.8 Bumpup (Changelog : https://t.me/CherishOS/613)
    - Added Dirac settings
    - Killed many logs to improve battery
    - Added lawnchair (only vanilla varient)
    - Used dex2oat64
    - Changed Devicesettings icon color in system
    - Added minimum and maximum refresh rate settings in Display
    - Updated to redfin August FP
    - Switched to latest epsilon
    - Removed press to unlock in fingerprint due to security problem
    - Fixed battery info in settings
    - Fixed CPU info
    - Removed Firefox Lite
    - Dropped unneeded files from vendor/bin
    - More underhood patches...

2021/07/20
    - Reduced color saturation
    - Switched to latest proton clang
    - Switched to Delta kernel v1.2
    - Many more underhood patches...

2021/07/17
    - CherishOS v2.7.5 Bumpup (Changelog : https://t.me/CherishOS/569)
    - Rebased Device tree
    - Updated epsilon kernel
    - Switched to Proton clang built by me

2021/07/09
    - CherishOS v2.7 Bumpup (Changelog : https://t.me/CherishOS/538)
    - Updated to july redfin fp
    - Devicesettings Moved to system
    - Improved lockscreen statusbar padding
    - Switched kernel compiler to custom Proton Clang
    - Many underhood patches on kernel and device tree

2021/06/27
    - Rebased device tree based on ArrowOS (Now, it's OSS) -> Clean flash is needed
    - Dropped Dirac
    - Changed to epsilon kernel by @UditKarode

2021/06/08
    - CherishOS v2.6 Bumpup (Changelog : https://t.me/CherishOS/492)
    - Added aptX blobs
    - Incrase BootCompletedReceiver priority
    - Added GCam Go
    - Tuneup auto-brightness
    - More underhood improvements and patches

2021/05/23
    - Fixed issues about VoWiFi icon (needs to check)
    - Added DC Dimming
    - Set privapp permission to log (for Indian varient)
    - Solved statusbar headsup notification icon glitch
    - Switch to AdarshGrewal kernel
    - Better RAM management
    - Enable wallpaper zooming (I want to disable, but didn't work now)
    - Fixed weird voice in game voice chat (maybe)
    - Added support volte for Telkomsel (Indonesia)
    - Some cleanup & patches
    new build uploaded with error fix and seraval function add
    no integrated gapps ?
    Gapps varient uploaded
    new build uploaded

check changelogs at 2nd post

and i'm planning to support OTA soon
    but for now, only vanilla varient will be supported.