Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][11][sweet] CherishOS V2.6 08-06-2021

Search This thread

jpg3927

• Jan 29, 2012
    Changwon
    yes it's works... I've been installed it (given by telegram admin group).
    one more thing bro, how to disable dt2w. it's annoying since that always wake on my pocket and touching everything randomly.

cosmetic issue, the lockscreen clock is mess... because it has two source to set it up (from Cherries setting & wallpaper setting).

other than that, the rom was fantastic... great job bro
    settings - display - double tap to wake

LeDiable

• Feb 18, 2010
    Mumbai
    Ok. After having used the ROM for 24 hours. I really appreciate it and consider this ROM to be one of the BEST. A top contender with Arrow. Might be number 1 soon.

Everything right from fast charging, call recording, battery standby, battery usage everything is good. Only a few niggles and missing features here and there, which if improved would really make this a PERFECT AOSP ROM for the Redmi note 10 pro/max.

A few niggles I encountered:

1) The brightness levels seem slightly abrupt. They just drop from one level to another. May need a bit more finesse and tuning to change levels granularly.

2) The Google discover feed (Swipe to left) doesn't seem to work, tried many things to enable it but just doesn't work.

3) The Fingerprint position TBH hardware wise is really impractical and unnecessarily unlocks when handling it within pockets, jackets etc. I myself encountered three random messages typed to various contacts of mine, realized it must've unlocked while being put inside. This phone BADLY needs the push-button to read fingerprint and unlock feature. Tap finger to read and unlock is really unsuitable for side mounted scanners.

4) Last but not least, for now; Webview Shell/browser and a legacy search applications were there in the drawer. Had to manually disable them. They could just be excluded from the ROM in the future considering people using AOSP's would any ways download a browser of their choice.

Reactions: jpg3927

jpg3927

• Jan 29, 2012
    Changwon
    Ok. After having used the ROM for 24 hours. I really appreciate it and consider this ROM to be one of the BEST. A top contender with Arrow. Might be number 1 soon.

Everything right from fast charging, call recording, battery standby, battery usage everything is good. Only a few niggles and missing features here and there, which if improved would really make this a PERFECT AOSP ROM for the Redmi note 10 pro/max.

A few niggles I encountered:

1) The brightness levels seem slightly abrupt. They just drop from one level to another. May need a bit more finesse and tuning to change levels granularly.

2) The Google discover feed (Swipe to left) doesn't seem to work, tried many things to enable it but just doesn't work.

3) The Fingerprint position TBH hardware wise is really impractical and unnecessarily unlocks when handling it within pockets, jackets etc. I myself encountered three random messages typed to various contacts of mine, realized it must've unlocked while being put inside. This phone BADLY needs the push-button to read fingerprint and unlock feature. Tap finger to read and unlock is really unsuitable for side mounted scanners.

4) Last but not least, for now; Webview Shell/browser and a legacy search applications were there in the drawer. Had to manually disable them. They could just be excluded from the ROM in the future considering people using AOSP's would any ways download a browser of their choice.

Thanks for feedback

1) I'll take a look

2) 4) These issues may be in gapps varient, i know.
    so i won't support gapps varient anymore only vanilla build will be released.
    because many users are saying issues about gapps varient, and it's very annoying.

and about webview, i'll take a look

3) I have no idea about this, but i will take a look

Last edited:

LeDiable

• Feb 18, 2010
    Mumbai
    notice

I will not upload gapps varient more and only vanilla varient will be supported. (and OTA)
    because i'm very busy nowdays and have no time to test two builds.

sorry to gapps varient users
    I in fact think that's a great idea. Users can pick and choose the exact amount of Google apps they want from the NiKGapps version, like I did!

It's so close to perfection. Loving it.

ZainBilq

• Nov 29, 2014
    Redmi Note 10 Pro
    try nikgapps canary latest package
    Well...I personally like vanilla build ONLY IF gapps/ROMs itself are stable enough to flash gapps without getting any errors...

on a side note: opengapps is still in beta stage but it works just fine on the ROMs if tried so far. Flamegapps also working fine so far. Not tried nikgapps though.

Thanks and Cheers!

iTAZUETA

Aug 3, 2012
    Paris
    Redmi Note 10 Pro
    Well...I personally like vanilla build ONLY IF gapps/ROMs itself are stable enough to flash gapps without getting any errors...

on a side note: opengapps is still in beta stage but it works just fine on the ROMs if tried so far. Flamegapps also working fine so far. Not tried nikgapps though.

Thanks and Cheers!
    After installing the rom i installed NikGapps and the setup kept crashing now im stuck with whatever rom im using and Setup keeps crashing. you guys have any idea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Is there a way I can check within ROM whether I'm using Vanilla or Gapps version?
      Thanks.
      if you have oneplus launcher, youre using vanilla varient.
      if you have pixel launcher, youre using gapps varient
      One noticeable bug is definitely the ambient light sensor not working perfectly. Random brightness levels not suited to the lighting condition. Have disabled DC dimming as well. Disabled auto brightness until it's getting fixed.

I'm not able to spot default accent colors in settings - is selecting from color picker (hex) the only option? Thanks
      yes, e.g. watching TV at night it tends to go to minumum, even if that's too low. Then sometimes it will self-correct
      I'm on the latest build.. If I want to update my vendor to MIUI 12.5 (right now have 12.0), are below steps fine without losing any data?

(1) Boot to recovery and flash MIUI 12.5 ROM
      (2) Flash latest CherishOS build vanilla, followed by FlameGapps

Can someone let me know if additional steps required?
      Thanks.
      Do a clean flash whenever possible. But there are just firmware + vendor flashable files available if that's what you mean..

Screenshot_20210517-093916_Paramètres.png

We have a better battery life with StormBreaker kernel (6 hours SOT with 2 days cycle) . It should even be better with the V2 of the kernel I guess...
      Do I really have to flash gapps again, when updating to a newer version?
      if you dirty flash the version without gapps you shouldn´t need to
      cherish.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. CherishOS is a reborn of pie based Dot-ExtendedOS.

Code:
      * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.[CODE]

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.[/CODE]

CLEAN FLASH (COMING FROM MIUI, OTHER AOSP ROM]:

-Reboot to recovery
      - Take Backup (Not Necessary)
      - Flash Miui Rom (like xiaomi.eu..)
      - Reboot To Recovery
      - Flash the ROM
      - Reboot To Recovery
      - Flash the Flamegapps
      - Reboot To Recovery
      - Flash magisk (optional)
      - Format Data
      - Reboot

UPDATE ROM :

-Reboot to recovery
      - Take Backup (Not Necessary)
      - Flash the ROM
      - Reboot To Recovery
      - Flash the Flamegapps
      - Reboot To Recovery
      - Flash magisk (optional)
      - Wipe cache, dalvik
      - Reboot

Download ROM
      Download FlameGapps

cherish.png

-Lineage OS
      -AOSP
      -MSM Xtended
      -Pixel Experience
      -Extended UI
      -CrDroid ROM
      -DotOS
      -OctaviOS
      -Others, I forgot to mention

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
      Wifi
      RIL
      VoLTE
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      FMRadio
      Fingerprint reader
      Face unlock
      NFC
      Lights
      Sound / vibration

Known issues
      - Settings-Cherish Settings-Notificaion-Custom Color not working [FC]
      - Stock pixel live wallpaper
      - You tell me

cherish.png

CherishOS Source

Kernel Source
      Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
      As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
      for more READ THIS
      new build uploaded with error fix and seraval function add
      no integrated gapps ?
      Gapps varient uploaded
      Changelog

2021/06/08
      - CherishOS v2.6 Bumpup (Changelog : https://t.me/CherishOS/492[/URL/]) '
      - Added aptX blobs
      - Incrase BootCompletedReceiver priority
      - Added GCam Go
      - Tuneup auto-brightness
      - More underhood improvements and patches

2021/05/23
      - Fixed issues about VoWiFi icon (needs to check)
      - Added DC Dimming
      - Set privapp permission to log (for Indian varient)
      - Solved statusbar headsup notification icon glitch
      - Switch to AdarshGrewal kernel
      - Better RAM management
      - Enable wallpaper zooming (I want to disable, but didn't work now)
      - Fixed weird voice in game voice chat (maybe)
      - Added support volte for Telkomsel (Indonesia)
      - Some cleanup & patches
      notice

I will not upload gapps varient more and only vanilla varient will be supported. (and OTA)
      because i'm very busy nowdays and have no time to test two builds.

sorry to gapps varient users
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone