Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1-13.0] crDroidAndroid 8.x - 9.x [SPES|SPESN]

Search This thread

mi9lite

Dec 31, 2019
I've used 3.7 and it has worked for crdroid 9.0. I don't think you should not go for crdroid 8, since there will be no updates.

I installed crdroid 9 and it works well.

What Firmware do you guys recommend? I'm on A11 Europe Firmware, thinking about flashing A12 global.
Good or bad idea? Or dont matter which one?

ToRt1sher

May 10, 2014
I installed crdroid 9 and it works well.

What Firmware do you guys recommend? I'm on A11 Europe Firmware, thinking about flashing A12 global.
Good or bad idea? Or dont matter which one?
I haven't seen anyone having problems with firmware around here. Haven't flashed myself, so I think any firmware works now. In any case, I would recommend the latest stable if you want to flash for some reason, but if it works don't fix it. 😉

maritimesbob

Oct 16, 2012
Cornwall
Thanks for the rom. Recently purchased the global spes that came with MIUI 13 A11. I unlocked bootloader, flashed twrp and then flashed the latest cdroid rom. Everything works like a charm so far. Very easy process.

Reactions: eried1 and ChriMo

SAM209

Mar 23, 2012
This is my favorite ROM but I have a very weird bug with both 8.0 and 9.0.
Everything keeps working fine for days but then all of a sudden (sometimes in-call) I hear this subtle sound like something was plugged out and then the call audio goes silent (other side can hear me but I can't), I can't hear anything unless I turn on speaker phone.. and this goes on until I restart the device completely then it's fixed but it keeps happening every few days.
What could be the cause of this?

truevision

Feb 5, 2013
Redmi Note 10
Redmi Note 11
This is my favorite ROM but I have a very weird bug with both 8.0 and 9.0.
Everything keeps working fine for days but then all of a sudden (sometimes in-call) I hear this subtle sound like something was plugged out and then the call audio goes silent (other side can hear me but I can't), I can't hear anything unless I turn on speaker phone.. and this goes on until I restart the device completely then it's fixed but it keeps happening every few days.
What could be the cause of this?
maybe firmware issue ? Which one do you have ?

JazzterSG

Nov 30, 2022
Using the latest november build of crdoid 9, and there are two issues that I want to say. one is that whenever im on a video call using the front camera, there isn't a black ring that turns off the surrounding pixel on the camera, which helps on any unnecessary light to be captured on call (gives light vignette look on call) , and that video call quality in messenger sucks (tho i think you can't resolve this one).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130-200852_Opera GX~2.png
    Screenshot_20221130-200852_Opera GX~2.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 131

scorzen

Oct 3, 2021
Clicking on scrolling screenshot edit button crashes the system, kindly fix this bug.

conduisant

Jun 14, 2014
where can i fin this ROM without GAPPS ? why less ans less developer propose vanilla build...i'm very disappointed by this way....

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
where can i fin this ROM without GAPPS ? why less ans less developer propose vanilla build...i'm very disappointed by this way....
I was about to ask about vanilla since the first post and https://crdroid.net/spes/8 do not clarify if the build contains GApps. I would also prefer to have vanilla (3-4 updates per year are ok IMHO) or at least a method to flash the ROM GApps free.
And is there any anx camera??
For relatives/friends I consider this device as the cheapest entry to flash a modern Custom ROM, have IR-blaster, Cinch, Radio-FM, NFC, etc. (so I do not have it currently)
I would be interested how well Video EIS works either on GCam or ANX if available?

Last edited:

dexTer22!

Oct 6, 2022
hello everyone! after flashing this rom, the recovery changed from TWRP to crDroid own recovery. Is this normal? and how do i root this using magisk? i only know it through TWRP recovery...

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
hello everyone! after flashing this rom, the recovery changed from TWRP to crDroid own recovery. Is this normal? and how do i root this using magisk? i only know it through TWRP recovery...
It´s normal in this device, all the AOSP based ROM, has its own recovery injected. You yet can use ADB sideload to flash the Magisk zip.

Reactions: dexTer22!

virux1

Apr 25, 2013
Hello guys, I don't know if this is just my device. I have this issue with almost every aosp rom... Now using crdroid, issue still persists.

Sometimes when I press power key, screen won't lock, till I press again. Sometimes I have to press up to 3 times.

I didn't have this issue with stock miui, started having it when I installed aosp roms.

Is this normal? Any suggestions will help thanks.

eried1

May 27, 2016
Stockholm
Seems lika a stable ROM. As a strong supporter of LOS, crDroid is a good second best option.

Thought of pulling the trigger on RN11, but hesitating because Xiaomi is... well Xiaomi. No kernel source released.

Top Liked Posts