[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/04/03]

Search This thread
Oct 1, 2015
Mumbai

View attachment 5512755
PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

What's working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Fingerprint reader
Lights
Sound / vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
Liked our work? Give us a beer
Lakshay

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
PixelExperience 12, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
lakshay18
Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable

Created 2022-12-19
Last Updated 2022-12-19
The current version made the status bar dark and i am sad now...

seffparker

Jul 23, 2012
Im running on MIUI 12.0.3 Global, which has some known wifi issues.

Can I take out the `modem.img` from this ROM ZIP and cross flash over the current MIUI?
Code:
fastboot flash modem modem.img

monteCristoGrFr

Jul 5, 2022
Yesterday I flashed the rom. It seems very nice already, thanks a lot to the dev!
I just encountered an issue while trying to flash it, and I saw in the comments that there were a lot of people with a similar problem. So I want just to post my problem and the solution I found as it can probably be useful for others not so experienced users like me.

After I followed the procedure step by step for doing a clean flash, I was stuck in a loop where the phone was always booting into TWRP (and yes I had formatted the data after flashing the rom). I tried with TWRP 3.6.1 and 3.6.2 (last versions) and I tried the PE+ the version of may and of june.

Finally, I solved it by flashing the PE's recovery and just doing a format data with this recovery. Apparently, the format data of the TWRP does not work, or I am too noob to do it correctly, not sure.

In any case, I am not sure why I had this issue but if you have it too, either instal the rom with TWRP and then flash (in fastboot mode) the PE's recovery and do a format data, or just use the PE's recovery from the beginning in order to sideload the rom and format the data.

Artyus

Jul 9, 2022
Please help me with my sensors problem! I'm getting so frustrated because after 3 days of reading forums and guides on how to fix my sensors nothing worked.

Firstly, I have installed PE 12 plus using adb method as in the guide. I cannot use TWRP because phone is getting encrypted everytime.

I tried flashing persist.img, which made PE bootloop so I reinstalled stock MIUI ROM. Sensors work great on stock but as soon as I install PE again things like compass, auto brightness, proximity sensors stop functioning. Wifi and cellular data do not encounter any problems.

Any solution that can help me without having to install through TWRP or Orange Fox? Or maybe you guys have an idea on where I went wrong with the installation process.

kuriyama-san

Feb 11, 2018

Flashing Instructions:​

• Download ROM
  • Boot to latest TWRP (V3.6.0_9-0 Official required).
  • Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Check Dalvik, Cache, System, Data & Vendor. Swipe to wipe.
  • Flash the ROM zip.
  • After a successful flash, Go back to Wipe > Format > type yes. [Mandatory]
  • Reboot
Hi everyone, I have ben stuck in bootloop doing exactly this. I scrolled to each of discussion and not find any solution. BTW the latest version of twrp also changed to twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium.img and still stuck in bootloop. Please help, i dont know what to do anymore.

orgert

Nov 17, 2012

• Download ROM
  • Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Check Dalvik, Cache, System, Data & Vendor. Swipe to wipe.
  • Flash the ROM zip.
  • Reboot
Hi everyone, I have ben stuck in bootloop doing exactly this. I scrolled to each of discussion and not find any solution. BTW the latest version of twrp also changed to twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beryllium.img and still stuck in bootloop. Please help, i dont know what to do anymore.
Try to redownload the zip file , maybe it's corrupted. Can't think of anything else going wrong.

vbflskdlt

May 11, 2016

• Download ROM
  • Flash the ROM zip.
  • Reboot
It doesn't work for me. i use adb sideload with pc.

logitek1994

Sep 30, 2014
Bogor
Hi, currently I'm on latest version without root, and it seems that I cannot transfer data using cable to my computer as it doesn't detected in the computer. And yes, I've already change the connection mode to "transfer files/android auto"

droidking777

Feb 25, 2013
Avast is detecting malware in system app. Is this is a false positive guys? Can anyone help

com.qualcomm.qti.cne
com.qualcomm.qti.poweroffalarm

Attachments

• avast.png
    avast.png
    316 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Odinsinces3

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Avast is detecting malware in system app. Is this is a false positive guys? Can anyone help

com.qualcomm.qti.cne
com.qualcomm.qti.poweroffalarm
1. Do not use anti-virus/malware apps in Android since are useless.
2. Avast is itself a malware/virus. 😝
3. False positive.

Last edited:

TromBB

May 11, 2015
Hi all. As mentioned multiple times in the thread, isn't there an accidental wake up functionality in this ROM? And if not, is it planned for the future updates? Android 11 version of the ROM had that functionality, so it's weird seeing it removed here.

Reactions: bad1080

Jewelmuralee

Jul 21, 2022
My network speed of mobile data is now slow after flashing with pixel experience plus. Wifi speed is same as before any fix for it

Top Liked Posts

Hahahaha wait I'm sorry wrong quote 😂, btw, if I flashed the .zip do I still get the OTA and no any issues updating?
    Flash the magisk.zip in the PE recovery?
    I personally don't use root but yeah OTA should work fine and Magisk survive. If not just flash it again after OTA (but I think no need)
    You can either flash it in PE recovery or in TWRP (NSE version) by REIGNZ if PE recovery doesn't work.
    I personally don't use root but yeah OTA should work fine and Magisk survive. If not just flash it again after OTA (but I think no need)
    You can either flash it in PE recovery or in TWRP (NSE version) by REIGNZ if PE recovery doesn't work.
    Thank you 😁
    July Update is up: 21/07/2022
    Changelog
    Download
    Hi all. As mentioned multiple times in the thread, isn't there an accidental wake up functionality in this ROM? And if not, is it planned for the future updates? Android 11 version of the ROM had that functionality, so it's weird seeing it removed here.
    Can I download it directly? Like how OTA works? Because last time when I update it to June patch my phone is stuck in boot and the thing that I do is to wipe out again and it works. Does this update do not cause again wiping?
    Did u flashed DFE before you do OTA update? Because OTA only work on encryption.
    OTA should work fine but you can download the ROM and manually adb sideload it via PE recovery or you can use TWRP by REIGNZ which is able to decrypt A12L Encrypted ROMs. (You can find it in my collection)
    Do I need to flash DFE before updating it? Because I did not last time cause I thought it's working like how OTA update is. Btw, how to flash DFE?
    No, don't flash DFE if you want to stay encrypted. I was just asking if you did before because u told me u had issue with OTA.
    The ROM is encrypted by default, if you flashed DFE on fresh install and after you did OTA update then the ROM from decrypted becomes encrypted and that makes the bootloop. (that's why I asked if u flashed DFE)
    Anyways, go to settings at Security section and check if u are encrypted. If you are do OTA it should work fine OR you can manually update the ROM with the steps I told you above.
    Yes as far as I remember I flashed DFE so that's the thing why I experienced bootloop right? Btw here is a screenshot of my credentials.
    Yes, so you are encrypted now, you can do OTA.

A12PE Banner prototype.jpg

PixelExperience for Poco F1 [Beryllium]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    Lakshay

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 12, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    lakshay18
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-12-19
    Last Updated 2022-12-19

• Download ROM
    • Flash the ROM zip.
    • Reboot

NOTE
    • Force Encryption is Enabled by Default.
    • Clean Flash is MANDATORY!
    • Any Recovery present will be overridden by PE recovery in order to make OTA updates work as other recoveries currently doesn’t supports Decryption!
    • Encrypted users are RECOMMENDED not to use Custom Recoveries! Or else OTA won’t work and have to update manually through adb sideload or external storage.
    • If you are a decrypted user flash Latest TWRP again and follow the steps to update ROM manually.
    • OTA doesn’t work for Decrypted Users
    • Flash Latest TWRP first before proceeding for installation!
    Pixel Experience + Pixel Experience Plus Update is out: 30/04/2022
    >Download<
    >Changelog<

Note: You can dirty flash Plus over normal build but clean flash is recommended.