[ROM][OFFICIAL][12.1][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2022/04/03]

Search This thread

dreamdrake

Sep 29, 2010
Athens
When wearing sunglasses the screen is totally black ( even at full luminosity). On my wife's phone I can see the screen clearly in both dark and light mode. Any ideas anyone
Get some new sunglasses that aren't so dark
🤣, Good one! Still, is it the rom? My wife's phone is on the original rom, and does not have this issue.(Same glasses..)

katoda_ltd

When wearing sunglasses the screen is totally black ( even at full luminosity). On my wife's phone I can see the screen clearly in both dark and light mode. Any ideas anyone?
I would bet you have polarising sunglasses. Turn the phone horizontally and see if anything changes.
If I'm right, you're one of those unlucky guys having sunglasses polarised in different "direction" than the the phone's screen. Get other sunglasses, preferably after testing them with the phone, or put a protective glass on it. Quite frequently it somehow "depolarises" light coming from the phone's screen, allowing to see most of it even in polarised sunglasses.

Reactions: dreamdrake

dreamdrake

Sep 29, 2010
Athens
I would bet you have polarising sunglasses. Turn the phone horizontally and see if anything changes.
If I'm right, you're one of those unlucky guys having sunglasses polarised in different "direction" than the the phone's screen. Get other sunglasses, preferably after testing them with the phone, or put a protective glass on it. Quite frequently it somehow "depolarises" light coming from the phone's screen, allowing to see most of it even in polarised sunglasses.
Thank you! You are right, they are polarized.. I will try the protective glass solution, as soon as I get back from vacation..

oniemjan

Feb 16, 2012
When wearing sunglasses the screen is totally black ( even at full luminosity). On my wife's phone I can see the screen clearly in both dark and light mode. Any ideas anyone?
EDIT: ignore this... question was already answered..

It probably has to do something with the horizontally or vertically polarized sunglasses. To confirm this: try rotating your screen 90 degrees and the screen should magically appear. You can also turn your head but the former should be easier on your neck :cool:

Reactions: dreamdrake
Jan 25, 2021
Hi. Is there another toggle here in the adaptive preference? Adaptive charging is missing
Screenshot_20220806-214843_Settings.png

MiSSigNNo

Feb 7, 2006
Madrid
4p.marketing
Installed latest PE12+ but I can't update Chrome 95 to version 103. When I go to play store to update, it tries to update but fails:

Here a recording.

I've tried
1. Removing all cache and data from Play Store
2. Installing an alternative APK Chrome (it installs over the system one, but it doesn't open Chrome)
3. Uninstalling: same issue as updating, it tries to uninstall but nothing happens.

What may I do?

dreamdrake

Sep 29, 2010
Athens

It probably has to do something with the horizontally or vertically polarized sunglasses. To confirm this: try rotating your screen 90 degrees and the screen should magically appear. You can also turn your head but the former should be easier on your neck :cool:

Thanks for the time spent to answer..
Tried it, and it works if I turn the phone 90 degrees..I am very happy, since my problem was seeing the GPS screen when driving wearing sunglasses..

ArgentSouL

Feb 4, 2016
always use "Ampere" and saw that My phone (F1)lost fast charge of 18w now it charges at 5w. Using latest OTA.. PIXEL PLUS 12.1

ArgentSouL

Feb 4, 2016
OTA
SQ3A.220705.003
PixelExperience_Plus_beryllium-12.1-20220721-0015-OFFICIAL

Made me loss fast charge 3.0 , tried two different chargers and different cables

Animenerd

Aug 16, 2021
The latest version is smooth, everything works and there are no major bugs but there are some minor bugs.
1.First whenever I choose a different icon style except the default, the LTE icon disappears,
2.second: the battery icon in the notification shade is a bit misplaced,
3.third: not a bug but I think we should be able to see the date when pulling down the notification shade, instead we have to pull it down again to see. I have attached some screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220814-163441_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220814-163441_Pixel Launcher.png
    559.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20220814-163350_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220814-163350_Pixel Launcher.png
    563.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20220814-163403_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220814-163403_Pixel Launcher.png
    50 KB · Views: 71

bad1080

Jul 29, 2012
Hi all. As mentioned multiple times in the thread, isn't there an accidental wake up functionality in this ROM? And if not, is it planned for the future updates? Android 11 version of the ROM had that functionality, so it's weird seeing it removed here.
missing pocket rejection is a big let down as my phone does all kinds of weird stuff while it's in my pocket... dialing numbers (possibly in emergency call), turning off bluetooth, pausing music...

Top Liked Posts